Alphabuild is building KJ back up

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 21 June 16

Nice little pump. I don't train Bi's and Tri's too often so they were pretty gassed. Hard to tell if endurance is up but I will gaige the recovery in the next couple days.

1. 3 sets of 21's superset with Skull Crusher Tri Set 3x10
2. Preacher Curls SS Tricept Pressdown 3x10
3. W DB curls SS Overhead rope Pressdowns 3x10
4. Hammer Curls SS Overhead DB Extension 3x10

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't train Bi's and Tri's too often
That's my favorite combo. I hit all tricep first usually then follow with all bicep stuff.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What are your favorite triceps lifts?
I usually start with a rope pressdown, then a close grip bench, and then skull crushers (assumming my elbows feel ok).

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I usually start with a rope pressdown, then a close grip bench, and then skull crushers (assumming my elbows feel ok).
These are my favourite go to exercises as well! I love finishing up bench day with some close grip bench press .

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything crucial! Thanks!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 24 June 19

Weight 225 - I will take this again. Throughout this whole log my diet has been up and down. Summers is usually a time to slow down for teachers but this summer has been crazy. My wife has been home a total of 7ish days this summer since May 17. This weekend was rough. Her Grandma got diagnosed with Sepsis and Pneumonia. Not good for a unhealthy 82 year old who can't currently walk. Tough old broad though as we thought we were gonna lose her but now she seems to be doing well again. It's crazy the ups and downs. Lots of traveling this weekend.

Monday - Chest and Legs
Of course some of the Volleyball team came in while I was lifting. I prefer lifting alone haha.
Bench - 155x5, 175x3, 185x12 (could have got a couple more) 205x1, 225x1x5sets
I supersetted bench with Squats. Hardly any rest between sets.
Squat 135x5x3, 140x5, 155x3, 175x3, 185x3. Once again just squatting for mobility rather than strength but this also felt super light.
Cable Fly (2 sets Low/2 sets High ( 4x10
Weighted DB Lunges 20, 10, 10
Calf raises 3x20

Bench felt super light! Strength is returning whileb maintaining weight is a good thing! Haven't done much legs besides squat and those lunges have me sore today!

Endurance and focus through the roof. I hate stopping when I feel like that. But that's all time would allow as usual.

I really feel like I am looking way better in the mirror. Even my wife was like dam on my arms the other day. That was a good night!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 25 June 20

Shoulders
Reverse EZ Curl Rear Delt - 5 sets of 15
Military Press Superset (Last Set 135x5) with Seated Cslf Raises (6x10).
Arnold Press (4x10) SS Seated Calf Raises (4x10)
DB Upright Row (3x15) SS DB Shrugs (3x15) SS GHR (3x15)
Front/Side/45 Degree Raises (3x10) SS Partial Lat Raise (3x15)
Front Plate Raise (2x25) SS Facepulls (1x20)

Nothing really to report today. Recovery was slow and weights seemed heavy.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been a hell of a ride since my last workout. My wife and her Granma are super close. Since May 16, my wife has been 3 1/2 hours away all but 6 or 7 days. Her Grandma had her colon removed due to a mass, came home 5 days later for 1 day and then they had to rush her back to Omaha due to kidneys failing. She has been going downhill ever since and I got a call from the wife on Thursday afternoon to come down and say goodbye because they thought she would pass that night. She got Sepsis, pneumonia and had internal bleeding. Her Grandma passed away this morning. I have been back since Saturday but just trying to catch up on sleep. Thursday and Friday were long nights.

Friday afternoon I came home. At 2:15 AM we had 60mph winds with a high of 98mph I heard. No idea how accurate that is but our website daid 87mph. So many large trees uprooted. We lost power almost immediately so I went and grabbed two small flashlights for the kids. I grabbed my 7 year old from the top bunk, gave him a flashlight and told him to run. Grabbed 5 year old from bottom bunk and gave her a flashlight and told her the same thing. I grabbed my 19 month old, let the dogs out of the kennel and We raced downstairs. 30 seconds tops. That was some freaky ****. We have had terrible winds here in Nebraska over the past year. This was the fastest I have seen the winds come up. Of course the dogs stayed upstairs playing haha. Luckily I strapped down our trampoline but it moved it about a foot with 3 straps on it.

I didn't really feel like working out today but I did. Of course I did after I took 3 kids to the park, pulled the weeds in the garden and then lifted while my 19 mo old slept for a total of 40 minutes. Not sure why she didnt sleep longer.

Deadlift Day. 305x5 was easy peasy for my final working set. Then did 170x10x3 for my BBB. I will get another deadlift session in this week. This will be final few days with alphabuild.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I finished up my Alphabuild with 2 pretty lackluster workouts. One chest and my final workout was a deadlift day. Got all my reps but mentally wasn't with it. Will post final review soon after I go back and reread through log.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Final Review of Olympus Labs Alphabuild.

First off, thanks for Olympus Labs for sending me a bottle to try. I forgot to say this was sponsored. I figured he would have stopped in but he didn't. Not sure who he is on here as I got it off his Facebook community. Maybe he followed along.

Got some pumps here and there but nothing consistent. I do feel like this has some GDA qualities but nothing I can actually confirm. My diet was not really on point all the time and felt like it kept me lean for where I am at. I did really concentrate on getting my needed protein in but added extra crappy carbs more often than I should have. I started at 223 and ended at 227. I can probably drop back down to 223 within a week. I say it improved my vascularity because I had several people tell me I looked good and ask me if I have been hitting the weights harder. I think that is a success for a month’s worth of work.

Pro’s – Endurance High, Recovery High, Full Muscle Feeling, increase vascularity

Con’s - Smell is funky, some fluid on the liquid gels, would get some burps if I didn’t drink enough water or take fish oil with a capsule, cost is high ($54 on sale) comparatively to my favorite Epicatechin products ($38 or cheaper on sale)

I am now taking my favorite Epicatechin product to compare this month to last month. I think I know my body well enough to determine if Alphabuild is better, same or not to make it worth buying. I did buy 2 more bottles from the Strong Supplements sale since each bottle was only $36. I will report back after a month or so.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did buy 2 more bottles from the Strong Supplements sale since each bottle was only $36. I will report back after a month or so.
Appreciate the support and excited to see how a couple more bottles treat you over the month.