Alphabuild is building KJ back up

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will be taking and logging the new Alphabuild by Olympus Labs. Here is the link for the info.

I didn't know much about this product other that I do love me some Epicatchin. I am a few workouts in and will update below.

Goals: I started weighing at 223 when I started. I am hoping to be around the 216 mark at the end of my month. I have been as low as 216 but that was on a fad diet that I was supporting my wife with that I stopped doing 3 weeks ago. Expensive and we can't afford both of us being on it. I ain't doing it anymore, but I did go from 251 to 216 in 3 months with no exercise besides walking. I do have a self diagnose torn labrum. Who knows how bad it is but as long as I do my Thrower's 10 warmup, it feels good lifting. So I gotta work around that.

I sold my home gym due to space issues last Thanksgiving. That sucked. I didn't realize how much I missed lifting. And I didn't realize how much weaker I would become. I am back to lifting over the past 3 weeks and slowly building myself back up. So here we go.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Final Review of Olympus Labs Alphabuild.

First off, thanks for Olympus Labs for sending me a bottle to try. I forgot to say this was sponsored. I figured he would have stopped in but he didn't. Not sure who he is on here as I got it off his Facebook community. Maybe he followed along.

Got some pumps here and there but nothing consistent. I do feel like this has some GDA qualities but nothing I can actually confirm. My diet was not really on point all the time and felt like it kept me lean for where I am at. I did really concentrate on getting my needed protein in but added extra crappy carbs more often than I should have. I started at 223 and ended at 227. I can probably drop back down to 223 within a week. I say it improved my vascularity because I had several people tell me I looked good and ask me if I have been hitting the weights harder. I think that is a success for a month’s worth of work.

Pro’s – Endurance High, Recovery High, Full Muscle Feeling, increase vascularity

Con’s - Smell is funky, some fluid on the liquid gels, would get some burps if I didn’t drink enough water or take fish oil with a capsule, cost is high ($54 on sale) comparatively to my favorite Epicatechin products ($38 or cheaper on sale)

I am now taking my favorite Epicatechin product to compare this month to last month. I think I know my body well enough to determine if Alphabuild is better, same or not to make it worth buying. I did buy 2 more bottles from the Strong Supplements sale since each bottle was only $36. I will report back after a month or so.

Last edited:
kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 1 Saturday May 27

I got it in the mail on Saturday. Decided to Pop 1 capsule preworkout. Holy PUMP. Thats the first thing I noticed. I do not recall if I had more carbs the morning of or not but I did make a note of the pump.
Bench - 3 sets of 5 Warmup, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3 working sets.
Squats - 5 sets of 3
Incline DB - 4 sets of 10
Cable Machine Fly 3 sets of 10
GHR - 3x10

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 2 Sunday May 28
DB Shoulder Press - 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10
Seated DB Curl - 3x10
Incline DB Row - 10, 4x8
Cable Shoulder Pressdown 4x10
Cable Tricep Pressdown 3x10

I was actually pretty sore from Saturday. Didn't feel much of a pump but for some reason, I skipped doing trap work and my high rep front/lat raises that help with the pump.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 3 Monday May 29
My legs take forever to recover. 45 Minutes Fasted LISS Elliptical while I finished up Boba Fett. I only took 1 dose in the morning and forgot my second dose.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 4 Tuesday May 30
30 Minutes Fasted Cardio in the morning

Took two caps pre-workout at 3:30 PM. Best workout I have had since I started back up. But it got cut short due to getting a call to pick up my kids early from Daycare early. My wife is out of town.

Deadlift - 6 sets of 3 with final set being 315. Then did 330x1, then went back down with 4 more sets of 1 going back down to 225. Completed deadlift in less than 20 minutes. I had a good sweat going on and was focused.

After I got the kids to bed I went and did some LIFT4, Biceps and Back.
1. Wide DB Row superset - W-Curls - SS - DB Rows - SS - Hammer curls - 3x10 of each.
2. DB Pullover - SS - Top Curls - SS - Reverse Fly's - Bottoms Curls - 3x10 each
3. Supermans SS DB Curls. 3 sets of 30 seconds each.

Decent pump but I wasn't feeling it much but felt like I needed to do something more after my Deadlift session got shortened. The burps from Alphabuild were gone after about 25 minutes.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excited to follow a long!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not sure if I will get a workout in or not today. Work until 3. Financial meeting. Then go drive 1 1/2 hours for dog obediance classes. Get back by 9:30. Then probably go to bed.

Any recommendations for a good Dumbbell Workout plan? I just feel like with my shoulder issues, DB would make more sense. I find the older I get, the more I like a set plan for me so I can just do the work rather than think about what to do next. Hence Beachbody comes I to play. I am suppose to picknup a cheap weight bench today in the town that I have obediance class, so then I can start LIFT More.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One thing to note, I took 1 cap of Alphabuild with 2 fish oils liquidgels and I didn't get the burps this morning.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 5 May 30 - No workout. Got some relatively bad news on my wife's Grandma and stressed ate a little. It's what I do. Hence why I have a Dadbod. Whe she does pass, that is gonna be super hard on the wife and my kids. First death for my kids. They are extremely close.

Day 6 June 1

I thought I would get a nice pump today but nothing out of the ordinary. What I did feel like I felt today was endurance and felt like I could have easily kept going. Muscle fullness is also up. I had to really rush through my workout otherwise I wouldn't have got one in. Got off work late and had to get kids from daycare otherwise get a late penalty. In all, a 30 minute workout after getting my shoulder warmed up. Then a 40 minute bike ride on my hard setting on my bike with a stroller.

1. Bench 5, 5, 5, 4, 4 - Man how the mighty have fallen. Crazy how weak you get when you take 6-7 months off bench. Thought by now it would get a little easier. Definately didn't rest as long as normal with the time crunch.
2. Squat 5x5 supersetted with dips 3x3 supersetting with Machine Cable Fly 3x10. Dips were slow and controlled. Just testing them out to see how my shoulder felt.
3. DB Incline 3x10, SS GHR 3x10 SS Seated Calf Raise 3x10 (21's Style)
Also did 5 sets of 10 walking lunges sprinkled throughout.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What I did feel like I felt today was endurance and felt like I could have easily kept going. Muscle fullness is also up.
Awesome! Good to note!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 7 June 2 - Very quick recovery today and lots of endurance. Sad to stop.

Shoulders - I am gonna concentrate on rear delts first in my shoulder workouts as I feel these are lagging behind. I saw someone recommend MindPump on here so I search for some podcasts and I listened to the Shoulder Masterclass episode while driving. Then I YouTube some more about rear delts.

I am not sure of the names but I have them in my log book and will remember what they are. But once again, I got off work later than normal. Short workout. I am a teacher and during the summer, deliver liquid fertilizer to corn fields. My wife has been with her Grandma for the past 2 weeks in the hospital 3 1/2 hours away so single parenting it with usually only 2 of the 3 kids but I have to have them picked up at daycare at a certain time. I try to get off work at 3 so I have some time to get some things done. Got off work at 3:45, took Alphabuild at 4:00, lifting at 4:30, left at 5. Got to daycare at 5:10.

Shoulder Warm-up Routine. Then lift.
Bent Over EZ Curl Bar Behind Back Delt Raise - 4x15 reps at 25lbs. I like this one ALOT and will keep it in my repertoire.
Incline Rear Delt Around the World - 3x20 (10 each side)
Incline Face Down DB Rear Delt Pullbacks - 3x15
Single Arm Cable 45 Degree Down Delt Pull Back - 3x15
DB Shoulder Press - 10, 10, 8, 7
DB Upright Row 3x15 Supersetted with DB Shrugs (1 Second Hold at Top) 3x10

Times Up. Raced to Daycare on my bike on hardest setting (sucks) and then a nice 45 minute bike ride with my 7 year old boy and 18 month old girl in the stroller. My girl broke all of her straps in the bike trailer. Little turd. The straps were briddle as we bought it used a couple weeks ago.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 1 Review

Weight 223 - Stayed the same. I am happy with this given the added stress and poor diet the past few nights. I fluctuate but will only count the weight at the beginning of each week.

Pro's: Endurance and recovery between sets is up. Typical Epicatechin. Also, muscle fullness is up. Could be the extra carbs I am taking at night but I will clean that up.

Neutral - My first day I was super excited about the pumps. Haven't felt anything out of the ordinary since. I am not expecting my strength to increase too much but am hoping it increases a little on bench due to "Newbie" gains again. It's hard to tell but I the think I am getting some GDA effects. I don't feel bloated and feel like I am leaning out some. The test will be once the wife comes home..haha..

Con's - Smell, burps, little leakage on at least 1 cap - These are cons but its not a deal breaker. I take them with frozen Fish Oil and I do not get the burps. I also wash my hands after I take them as well.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 8 Saturday June 3 Fasted LISS - 45 minutes.
Endurance way up. I started sweating earlier than normal but the sweat didn't increase. It's the fastest I have got to 3 miles in quite awhile. That is how I gauge how hard I work..haha

I did the Fasted LISS with the intention of only doing 20 minutes give or take but my daughter gifted me with just chilling in her Crib for an hour this morning. Haha. If I would have known I would have lifted at home!

I have been Deadlifting at home and doing all the other workouts at the high school gym.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know I don't post my diet but here is a run down for the most part this summer so far. I have been eating every 2-3 hours or so. I am pretty consistent during the day as I meal prep for it. When I start working longer hours when the wife gets back, I will add another meal with smaller portion size. I will probably just stick with chicken breast but I discovered how to make smash burgers and I love them..haha

8am - Protein Shake
10:30 AM - 5oz Hamburger, Apple, Cheese Stick,
1:00 - 5 oz chicken breast, Apple, Cheese Stick,
3:30 - Workout followed by Protein Shake
6:00 - 5oz Chicken Breast or Hamburger Meet, with a vegetable.

So if you have any simple ideas besides this let me know. I can always get rid of the apple but I love Red Delicious apples. It is very cooling! I will add some almonds/nuts here someday.

Then at some point in the night I say F it and I have a large bowl of cereal or popcorn because that is what is available. My downfall. Got to get mentally tougher.

Drinking enough water was super easy when school was in session. For some reason, it's harder now that I am working outside where I can pee anywhere I want..lol. I still get it about 3/4 of a gallon.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
wait a min... hold up! what kind of doggo? :)
I have a 5 year old Irish setter/golden cross and a 10 month old Cavalier King Charles. Super smart dog. Hoping he will pass his Therapy Dog certification in August so he can be my classroom therapy dog and also go on legal visits.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 7 June 2 - Very quick recovery today and lots of endurance. Sad to stop.

Shoulders - I am gonna concentrate on rear delts first in my shoulder workouts as I feel these are lagging behind. I saw someone recommend MindPump on here so I search for some podcasts and I listened to the Shoulder Masterclass episode while driving. Then I YouTube some more about rear delts.

I am not sure of the names but I have them in my log book and will remember what they are. But once again, I got off work later than normal. Short workout. I am a teacher and during the summer, deliver liquid fertilizer to corn fields. My wife has been with her Grandma for the past 2 weeks in the hospital 3 1/2 hours away so single parenting it with usually only 2 of the 3 kids but I have to have them picked up at daycare at a certain time. I try to get off work at 3 so I have some time to get some things done. Got off work at 3:45, took Alphabuild at 4:00, lifting at 4:30, left at 5. Got to daycare at 5:10.

Shoulder Warm-up Routine. Then lift.
Bent Over EZ Curl Bar Behind Back Delt Raise - 4x15 reps at 25lbs. I like this one ALOT and will keep it in my repertoire.
Incline Rear Delt Around the World - 3x20 (10 each side)
Incline Face Down DB Rear Delt Pullbacks - 3x15
Single Arm Cable 45 Degree Down Delt Pull Back - 3x15
DB Shoulder Press - 10, 10, 8, 7
DB Upright Row 3x15 Supersetted with DB Shrugs (1 Second Hold at Top) 3x10

Times Up. Raced to Daycare on my bike on hardest setting (sucks) and then a nice 45 minute bike ride with my 7 year old boy and 18 month old girl in the stroller. My girl broke all of her straps in the bike trailer. Little turd. The straps were briddle as we bought it used a couple weeks ago.
Check out some John Meadows videos on YouTube for shoulders. He always a starts with rear delts. He has a slightly different philosophy on working shoulders than most other guys. All of his videos for that matter are great.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Check out some John Meadows videos on YouTube for shoulders. He always a starts with rear delts. He has a slightly different philosophy on working shoulders than most other guys. All of his videos for that matter are great.
Thanks for the tip! Will definately check it out.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use the chrome browser on my phone for this forum. It's not letting me post pictures. It just days something has gone wrong. Please contact admin.

I also can't seem to post pictures through tapatalk. It says that the community doesn't support it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
One of my go to guys to watch on youtube for any training related advice!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
If you really want to see results for fat loss , I’d follow the lean gains method . It’s by Martin Berkhan, the diet/plan will strip the pounds of you. I think the book is like 10 bucks and well worth the investment. You don’t really need to buy the book , you can figure it out from googling it but I like to support the author. There’s a workout plan that goes with the diet that is only 3 workouts a week and no cardio. The workouts are tough but the results are worth the effort.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I always knew who he was but I never actually listened to him. I like how he explained things.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 9 Sunday June 4 Deadlift Day

Alphabuild Notes: high endurance, quick recovery with limited rest.

Deadlift
135x3x5
185, 205, 225, 245, 275, 295 x 5 reps each
315x4 - could have got 5 but form was slipping. Maybe 6 but why push it.

Then I started looking back into 5/3/1 as I should be doing some progression work with DL. So said F it let's do it. Boring but big.

205, 240, 275 x 5
165x5x10

Hopefully get a workout in later today.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you really want to see results for fat loss , I’d follow the lean gains method . It’s by Martin Berkhan, the diet/plan will strip the pounds of you. I think the book is like 10 bucks and well worth the investment. You don’t really need to buy the book , you can figure it out from googling it but I like to support the author. There’s a workout plan that goes with the diet that is only 3 workouts a week and no cardio. The workouts are tough but the results are worth the effort.
I did look him up. I did IM for years. Just started multiple meals in February. Definately plan to do IM again. Too bad it's only an Ebook. Will be watching/listening for more info on YouTube.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 10 Monday June 5

Notes: hard to tell about endurance or recovery since I did something new today with the Sled Walks. I didn't go quite as heavy on Bench as now I am following 5/3/1 for progression purposes.

Bench
135x5x5, 155x5, 175x5, 175x10 pretty easy, just ran out of steam. 135x2x10

Superset Bench with Prowler/Sled Push Walks
Sledx40 yards
25lbsx40yds
45lbsx40yards x 8 sets

These gassed me.

Incline BB 2x10 - could feel my shoulder getting sore so I quite. NO sharp pain or anything

Machine Cable Fly SS with Squat
5x10

Squat - doing these for health. I probably will never go super heavy. 160lbs is hard enough haha.
140x5
150x5
160x5

That's it. I was gassed. I realized that I just did chest on Thursday. My bad. Should have done back and Bi's.

REASON I did Sled pushes was a FB memory popped up where I did 1/2 mile and 3/4 mile Prowler pushes back when I was young. They felt good but I will be sore.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Day 10 Monday June 5

Notes: hard to tell about endurance or recovery since I did something new today with the Sled Walks. I didn't go quite as heavy on Bench as now I am following 5/3/1 for progression purposes.

Bench
135x5x5, 155x5, 175x5, 175x10 pretty easy, just ran out of steam. 135x2x10

Superset Bench with Prowler/Sled Push Walks
Sledx40 yards
25lbsx40yds
45lbsx40yards x 8 sets

These gassed me.

Incline BB 2x10 - could feel my shoulder getting sore so I quite. NO sharp pain or anything

Machine Cable Fly SS with Squat
5x10

Squat - doing these for health. I probably will never go super heavy. 160lbs is hard enough haha.
140x5
150x5
160x5

That's it. I was gassed. I realized that I just did chest on Thursday. My bad. Should have done back and Bi's.

REASON I did Sled pushes was a FB memory popped up where I did 1/2 mile and 3/4 mile Prowler pushes back when I was young. They felt good but I will be sore.

I love running 531 programs . They take all the guess work out of it . All the workouts are set and I go in and just get it done . I use the KEYLIFTS App. It’s awesome , they have all the templates pre-built in from the forever book and have them categorized based on your goals .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All the workouts are set and I go in and just get it done
Knowing exactly what you're going to do ahead of going to the gym is always nice. Efficient and keeps you consistent.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 14 June 9 - Weight 223 - I am ok with this if you look at the trend following my low calorie diet. Gained 7lbs back the first 3 weeks off of it and now 2 weeks on alphabuild, I am holding steady.

Crazy week of work. Going in around 7am leaving at 8pm. Getting some quality time with the kids and then get them Into bed and falling asleep in the process. As anyone with kids can tell ya, getting kids in bed can be hard especially during summer. I did get a couple 45 minute elliptical sessions in the evening while my boy and I watched Star Wars. Slowly getting through them.

Will get a nice workout in this evening and then tomorrow morning as well. I should deadlift today but I am really not feeling like lifting heavy so shoulders it is.

Notes: Endurance still through the roof. I felt fully recovered by Wednesday after Mondays workout. Another thing I have noticed is that I just feel hungry all the time. Not sure if it's busier work schedule or Alphabuild making me Hungry.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Notes: Endurance still through the roof. I felt fully recovered by Wednesday after Mondays workout.
Good to hear on endurance and recovery positives!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The body building world lost a great one when he passed. Such a wealth of knowledge and seemed to be a down to earth guy.
Agree. I have really enjoyed the videos I have watched of his.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 15 June 10
Shoulders - Mobility Work first
EZ Bar Rear Delt - 2x20
Bent Over Rear Delt Lat Raise - 2x20
Military Press - 95x5, 100x5, 115x7
DB Press - 3x8
DB Upright Row 3x20 SS Shrugs 3x10 SS RD Lat Raise 3x10
Plate Front Raise 2x25 SS Front Pull-down 2x20
Leaning Over Lateral Raise 3x10
Ended with shoulder Mobility work

Nice little workout. Fast pace.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got in 45 minutes LISS this morning. Shoulders are definately tired.

Time to go pull some weeds on this beautiful Sunday morning.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone have tips for posting photos on here through your phone? Galaxy S10 if that matters. It's starting to make me mad. Haha

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 16 June 11

7am - 45 minutes LISS this morning. (Should have just lifted)

9am - 90 minutes pulling weeds in the front yard. Long story with that.

2pm - An Hours worth of Garden work with my boy. Little playing, planting, more weed pulling.

4pm - Lift - worst session since I started alphabuild. Lower back is tight, not a ton of energy. The sample Pre-Workout I took didn't help either.

Deadlift - Warmup sets 135x5x5, 155, 185, 205 x 5
225x3
250x3
290x3
165x10x2 sets

Called it quits there. Not feeling it. I am hoping to do this one again early this week. I just over did all the bending over picking up weeds and crap. Knees were cracking which was weird.

Drakee

Drakee

Awards
  • Established
Day 14 June 9 - Weight 223 - I am ok with this if you look at the trend following my low calorie diet. Gained 7lbs back the first 3 weeks off of it and now 2 weeks on alphabuild, I am holding steady.

Crazy week of work. Going in around 7am leaving at 8pm. Getting some quality time with the kids and then get them Into bed and falling asleep in the process. As anyone with kids can tell ya, getting kids in bed can be hard especially during summer. I did get a couple 45 minute elliptical sessions in the evening while my boy and I watched Star Wars. Slowly getting through them.

Will get a nice workout in this evening and then tomorrow morning as well. I should deadlift today but I am really not feeling like lifting heavy so shoulders it is.

Notes: Endurance still through the roof. I felt fully recovered by Wednesday after Mondays workout. Another thing I have noticed is that I just feel hungry all the time. Not sure if it's busier work schedule or Alphabuild making me Hungry.
Do you feel like you have more energy throughout the day?

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you feel like you have more energy throughout the day?
Nope. More endurance, quicker recovery and muscle fullness is what I am noticing. I am not getting the pumps that some people are getting. I did day 1 but nothing out of the ordinary since.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 17 June 12

Theme of the day. PRIORITIES

As I got started lifting this afternoon after work, I got a text from the father in law to grab my boy and go fishing cause they are hot right now. Can't say no to that. Finished bench and got in some underhand Cable Flys called it quits. About 20 minutes. Priorities!!!

Bench
135x5x5
145x3
165x3
185x10
205x1
225x1 - Went up easier than anticipated. Did it for shits and giggles

Cable Fly 4x10

Time to go catch some Walleye and Smallmouth (My favorite) before it gets too hot. Probably going tomorrow too. Will try to plan to get up early to do some sort of workout since I will go straight to fishing and maybe take work off early. Might be a late night.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 17 June 12

Theme of the day. PRIORITIES

As I got started lifting this afternoon after work, I got a text from the father in law to grab my boy and go fishing cause they are hot right now. Can't say no to that. Finished bench and got in some underhand Cable Flys called it quits. About 20 minutes. Priorities!!!

Bench
135x5x5
145x3
165x3
185x10
205x1
225x1 - Went up easier than anticipated. Did it for shits and giggles

Cable Fly 4x10

Time to go catch some Walleye and Smallmouth (My favorite) before it gets too hot. Probably going tomorrow too. Will try to plan to get up early to do some sort of workout since I will go straight to fishing and maybe take work off early. Might be a late night.
Got to get them while the bite is hot!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fishing was awesome! Gotta drive about 90 minutes one way which makes for long day when you drive back at night but it's so worth it. Of course my boy caught the two biggest! He is 7 and at that age where he has to be involved with every catch and gets quite bored if we ain't catching. But we got in a solid 2-3 hours both nights

Day 19 Wedneaday June 14

Deadlift - redid this session from Sunday
135x5x5, 155, 185 x 5
205x3
225x3
255c3
290x5 easy
315, 330 x1
365 x 1 Went up pretty dang easy!
165x5x10

Much better session today than before. I wanted to lift heavier so I kept going. Good endurance and recovery times. I worked out from 4:30-5:00 and picked the kids up at 5:15 from daycare. No other way around it. I know my workouts have been short and lagging but there is not much I can do when wife is out of town constantly. Can't leave my 19 month hone alone!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 20 June 15
Not alot of endurance today in the lower body but huge pump. Good endurance upper body before I was thrown a curveball.

Shoulder Press Supersetted with 40yard Sled pushes. Did 8 40 yard walks. Bare, 45, 45, 55lbx5 walks. Quads were burning. It's not alot and I am gonna keep building up.
Got 115x10 and 135x5 for barbell press. Felt easy and good. I am afraid my weight is going up. We will see tomorrow.

Got my squats in afterwards. Super easy but doing it for mobility. 135x3x3, 155x3, 165x3

Then a hoard of high school kids came in with coaches and that was my cue to leave.

But holy pump on the quads with the Sled pushes.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Day 20 June 15
Not alot of endurance today in the lower body but huge pump. Good endurance upper body before I was thrown a curveball.

Shoulder Press Supersetted with 40yard Sled pushes. Did 8 40 yard walks. Bare, 45, 45, 55lbx5 walks. Quads were burning. It's not alot and I am gonna keep building up.
Got 115x10 and 135x5 for barbell press. Felt easy and good. I am afraid my weight is going up. We will see tomorrow.

Got my squats in afterwards. Super easy but doing it for mobility. 135x3x3, 155x3, 165x3

Then a hoard of high school kids came in with coaches and that was my cue to leave.

But holy pump on the quads with the Sled pushes.

Sled pushes are tough!