Alpha GPC - Do take it and how are you dosing it

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have a ton of Toniiq products laying around.

How would you take Alpha GPC?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Typically I'll do:

300-600mg 30-60 minutes pre-workout

or

300mg AM + 300mg PM (with one of those being my pre-workout)

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take 600mg pre workout in my EndoAmp - Love that stuff

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i wonder how much was in the old hemogex from vpx. im guessing right around that amount.
I doubt it. Their entire blend was 1701mg - containing PS, Alpha GPC, Niacin, Arginine, and a bunch of other stuff.

Just one serving of endoamp contains more than 1700mg and it's just alpha gpc and PS...additionally, we used the patented and higher yield concentrations

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Typically I'll do:

or

This. Good stuff and I really like 300mg pre.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Typically I'll do:

or

When you say 300 mg., are you meaning 300 mg. total/150 mg. active or 600 mg. total/300 mg. active?

I'm just curious bc we had considered making one but its finding the right dosage to offer.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This worked well for me when used first thing in the AM. My workouts were usually AM as well.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When you say 300 mg., are you meaning 300 mg. total/150 mg. active or 600 mg. total/300 mg. active?

I'm just curious bc we had considered making one but its finding the right dosage to offer.
I try to take the active amount. Seems tough sometimes as companies seem to be intentionally vague.

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm taking 600 pre-workout and 600 before bed

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm taking 600 pre-workout and 600 before bed
600 active or 600 total?

Just curious.

Not so much here, but in reading other places some people talk about it making them tired if they take too much so I've been trying to determine what dose we want to go with if we do one.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I try to take the active amount. Seems tough sometimes as companies seem to be intentionally vague.
This ones been a hard one to figure out the dose we want to use.

I've been trying to decide between:
- 300 mg. per cap/150 mg. active
- 600 mg. per cap/300 mg. active
- Or doing an Alpha GPCA + Citicoline blend

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
600 active or 600 total?

Just curious.

Not so much here, but in reading other places some people talk about it making them tired if they take too much so I've been trying to determine what dose we want to go with if we do one.
Toniiq doesn't state, of course

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Toniiq doesn't state, of course
I think Toniiq sells a 99%.

“The Most Active Alpha GPC Available - Toniiq Alpha GPC brings the most potent levels of cognitive health support on the market. Our Alpha-GPC contains an unprecedented purity level of 99%+ (most alpha gpc products contain less than 50%). Higher purity means a greater bioavailability of the active compounds that give Alpha-GPC its neurological health-supporting properties”

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I usually take 600mg (meaning 600 mg gross, netting 300mg). Frequently I take it with ALCAR and ALA. I have read that many take Alpha GPC with GABA (I don't, for some reason I react pretty strongly to GABA).

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ranked in my preference.
I'm thinking that we may wind up doing an Alpha-GPC and also an Alpha-GPC/Citicoline combo product.

I also think I've changed gears completely and am just going to go with an Alpha GPC 98% and do 300 mg. active per cap. I had wanted to try to use Alpha Size bc we normally try to use branded ingredients when it makes sense, but in this case, it may not make sense from a cost standpoint.

If we did an Alpha GPC/Citicoline combo product, what dose would you like to see? I was thinking 250/250 but I'm worried that may be too strong for some people.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I usually take 600mg (meaning 600 mg gross, netting 300mg). Frequently I take it with ALCAR and ALA. I have read that many take Alpha GPC with GABA (I don't, for some reason I react pretty strongly to GABA).
Thank you for sharing. I'm leaning towards a 98% @ 300 mg. per cap.

That could be good in a way (reacting strongly to GABA) if timed right.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm thinking that we may wind up doing an Alpha-GPC and also an Alpha-GPC/Citicoline combo product.

I also think I've changed gears completely and am just going to go with an Alpha GPC 98% and do 300 mg. active per cap. I had wanted to try to use Alpha Size bc we normally try to use branded ingredients when it makes sense, but in this case, it may not make sense from a cost standpoint.

If we did an Alpha GPC/Citicoline combo product, what dose would you like to see? I was thinking 250/250 but I'm worried that may be too strong for some people.
Ya I'd say have that. 150 GPC/125 Citicoline is a combo I have enjoyed (up to 300mg and 250mg). 250/250 would be fine, but I'd be unsure I'd want more than that ever and sometimes less is more with Nootropics, especially when combining multiple things.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
iconic formulations endoamp is what i use, it's been a staple for me since day 1 of its release.

use code THEBIGT to save 20%.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ya I'd say have that. 150 GPC/125 Citicoline is a combo I have enjoyed (up to 300mg and 250mg). 250/250 would be fine, but I'd be unsure I'd want more than that ever and sometimes less is more with Nootropics, especially when combining multiple things.
I was thinking either 250/250 or 300/250 (just bc psychologically people are so used to seeing Alpha GPC at 300 mg.

And I probably would make that be a 2 capsule dose so that people could take less if they wanted - like 150/125 or 125/125 per cap bc I absolutely agree with what you said, less can be more with nootropics sometimes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
me too...endoamp is a staple for me...my family buys it for me as christmas/birthday/fathers day presents, they all know how much i like it.

i use it as a brain booster-nootropic, the rest is just bonus!!!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Does adding DMAE make sense? Something like (per cap) 150mg Alpha GPC, 125mg Citicoline, and 125mg DMAE?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was thinking either 250/250 or 300/250 (just bc psychologically people are so used to seeing Alpha GPC at 300 mg.

And I probably would make that be a 2 capsule dose so that people could take less if they wanted - like 150/125 or 125/125 per cap bc I absolutely agree with what you said, less can be more with nootropics sometimes.
I’ve definitely of late found less is more with choline. I like the idea of 150/125 per cap.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Does adding DMAE make sense? Something like (per cap) 150mg Alpha GPC, 125mg Citicoline, and 125mg DMAE?
It does to me bc I really like DMAE but some people aren't as big of fans of it as me. I'd be curious to hear other peoples opinions.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It does to me bc I really like DMAE but some people aren't as big of fans of it as me. I'd be curious to hear other peoples opinions.
Would Centrophenoxine be the better choice? Less dosage needed, and it’s essentially a superior DMAE

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Would Centrophenoxine be the better choice? Less dosage needed, and it’s essentially a superior DMAE
Yes and no. Yes in the sense that its better; but no in the sense that this product will already be so expensive that adding Centrophenoxine to it would make it even moreso. Plus, there are some people that are scared of Centrophenoxine because of the warnings about not taking it sublingually. And DMAE is a lot more well known.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
not much experience with alpha gpc but right now 1200 mg at 50% is great for focus for me. so your 250 would be 98% pure? seem to be on the low side

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
not much experience with alpha gpc but right now 1200 mg at 50% is great for focus for me. so your 250 would be 98% pure? seem to be on the low side
endoamp max is
serin aid 70% complex-1.1gm
alphasize 50%-600mg

use my code THEBIGT at iconic formulations and endoamp max is $56 for 30, 3 capsule servings.

i've seen serin aid alone sell for over $40 for 60 100mg pills....trust me the combo of serin aid and alphasize is a incredible brain boost....i know, at 62 and after years of alcoholic drinking and drugging my brain doesn't function nearly as well as it once did-ENDOAMP MAX has been a GODSEND for me. i highly recommend!!!

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For a simple ingredient Alpha GPC, we would do 300 mg. per cap @ 98%. This way a person could take 1 to 2 caps, depending on their individual needs.

For an Alpha GPC & Citicoline mix, we were talking about doing 150 mg. Alpha GPC + 125 mg. Citicoline per capsule. Being that it has both forms, some people wouldn't want to go higher than that.

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to resurrect this but it seems like the best place. I’m currently adding in 600mg agpc preworkout.

Are the main benefits available after just one dose? Or does it require building up in the system such that I should be taking it ED? Also, is there any added benefit to taking it ED other then supposed GH increases?
Id like to leave it just as a pwo if possible.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry to resurrect this but it seems like the best place. I’m currently adding in 600mg agpc preworkout.

Are the main benefits available after just one dose? Or does it require building up in the system such that I should be taking it ED? Also, is there any added benefit to taking it ED other then supposed GH increases?
Id like to leave it just as a pwo if possible.
Short answer - Alpha GPC is best used daily for best results.

But here are some more details........

Alpha GPC is a form of choline that increases the release of acetylcholine and the best research on it is for increasing learning and memory. These results are seen with everyday use for longer durations of time.

Alpha GPC has been shown in some studies to help with endurance but I would not use it just for that. If you're looking for increases in muscular endurance, I think that Epi-Plex (600 mg. Epicatechin daily) dramatically outperforms it. And if you're looking for cardiovascular endurance, PEAK02 dramatically outperforms it. PEAK02 has multiple clinical studies on VO2 Max including one done at UNC Chapel Hill which I consider very impressive bc of the athletic and medical reputation of the university.

Alpha GPC has been shown to have some potential for increases in gh production but short term HGH production isn't going to accomplish much. It doesn't hurt, but its not a reason to use it. And to use it for this purpose, you would want to daily.

Alpha GPC helps some people with a boost in mental clarity from one dose but most people find that they have to use it continuously for best results.

For me personally, I wouldn't buy it separate just to use it in a pre-workout. If it happened to be in there, that would be fine but for me I would either use it daily or wouldn't bother. BUT that would be because I would be using it for many of the other

If you're wanting products that have Alpha GPC already in them to use pre-workout, here are some that come to mind:
  • Vicious Labs Daft Pump - great stimulant free pre-workout that is good for pumps and is a pretty unique pre-workout.
  • SNS Focus XT - Focus XT is designed to be the ultimate nootropic base product and is versatile in that it can be used for a variety of purposes - pre-workout, studying, gaming, in class, on the job, etc. In addition to just Alpha GPC it has pretty much the perfect base of other nootropic ingredients with it. Focus XT is available in a caffeine and caffeine free option and can be taken a long with other pre-workouts.
If you're looking for a highly dosed daily use Alpha GPC, then Iconic Formulations EndoAmp is great because it has Alpha GPC and a high dose of SerinAid Phosphatidylserine both in one product.

If you're looking for a product that increases mental focus, clarity, concentration, and motivation pre-workout and helps get your mind off the stresses of everyday life to better Focus on the workout, Focus XT is the way to go imo.

Daft Pump:

DaftPump-LemonGrenade-VLNS-1-Print(SUPP FACTS) 2.png

EndoAmp:

EndoAmp.png

Focus XT:

FocusXT-Label-BLue-Raspberry-Supp-Facts.png

Focus XT - Caffeine Free:

FocusXT-Label-Fruit-Punch-Supp-Facts.png

I hope this info helps.

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the info definitely good to know and answers my question. Unfortunately I’m way past using any of the prohormone‘s that are out these days, but I’m always looking into new and better formulas for pre-workouts and pump stuff. The first profile you post it’s got a really nice lineup I’ll look into it thank you

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you for the info definitely good to know and answers my question. Unfortunately I’m way past using any of the prohormone‘s that are out these days, but I’m always looking into new and better formulas for pre-workouts and pump stuff. The first profile you post it’s got a really nice lineup I’ll look into it thank you
I'm glad to help in any way that I can.

And I'm right there with you - the closest I would get to a prohormone now days would be an Epiandrosterone product like Stano-Plex.

And yeah, Daft Pump is a really good product with a unique profile. I'm more of a results first, worry about taste second type of guy but I have to say I love it that Daft Pump tastes great as well.

If you like nootropics, I think you'd really like Focus XT as well. It's a great product and can be used for a lot of purposes.