justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Absolutely, I quit drinking but I'm the last person that's going to say anything is bad. If you enjoy something and can do it in moderation go for it, if you enjoy something that you need to do all the time and it starts consuming your life, is probably a bad idea
I work out too much. Lol. I keep saying. Moderation. Moderation.
Cheeky.

I’m not a drinker.
More should drink to excess and get sick while young. Leaves an impression you don’t shake.

Like smoking.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Absolutely, I quit drinking but I'm the last person that's going to say anything is bad. If you enjoy something and can do it in moderation go for it, if you enjoy something that you need to do all the time and it starts consuming your life, is probably a bad idea
Cheeky.

I’m not a drinker.
More should drink to excess and get sick while young. Leaves an impression you don’t shake.

Like smoking.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Cheeky.

I’m not a drinker.

Like smoking.
I was drinking till I puked when young. Never learned my lesson, just learned to tolerate more

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, so that fell completely flat... I'm not going to be a councilor ever.
Reminds me of when I was fired from the suicide hotline. I mean I had a 50% success rate.
That was just cold calling people too...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I love my friends who don't drink, their strength and willingness to do what is right for them when surrounded by people who would gladly pour, is a beacon of self respect and a great example to set. Many thank yous to those of you who are non drinkers or recovering alcoholics and are public about it. keep up the great work!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I love my friends who don't drink, their strength and willingness to do what is right for them when surrounded by people who would gladly pour, is a beacon of self respect and a great example to set. Many thank yous to those of you who are non drinkers or recovering alcoholics and are public about it. keep up the great work!
thank you, the secret is not to go on a crusade against people who drink, if you can drink sociably and be adult about it more power to you...drunk driving is a whole different ballgame, don't get me started on drunk driving-there is absolutely no excuse.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
thank you, the secret is not to go on a crusade against people who drink, if you can drink sociably and be adult about it more power to you...drunk driving is a whole different ballgame, don't get me started on drunk driving-there is absolutely no excuse.
But...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
after three years of busting our ass on our home our favorite hangout is now our back yard. installed a dart board outside with blue tooth score keeper, learned how to BBQ on an egg style grill, put up cafe style lights all over, etc etc. so drinking and driving isn't an issue there. If we want to go into the city for a long haul then we might get a cheap hotel for the night and play it safe or uber around.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
after three years of busting our ass on our home our favorite hangout is now our back yard. installed a dart board outside with blue tooth score keeper, learned how to BBQ on an egg style grill, put up cafe style lights all over, etc etc. so drinking and driving isn't an issue there. If we want to go into the city for a long haul then we might get a cheap hotel for the night and play it safe or uber around.
good man, that is how it's done!!!

oh, yeah...props on your setup!!!.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Had a bout of drinking only when i was 18-19 for like 6-8 months.

I just stopped as i didnt like who i would become when i was drunk. Didnt like the way i behaved. I was never aggressive but i behave like a total fool. I did some stuff that wouod get me slapped by the opppsite sex and thats about it.
I am really happy that i was never aggressive, because i can be naturally aggressive, but weird enough, wasnt when i was drinking. Perhaps i was super aware of the fact that i am intoxicated.

I didnt want the people to see me like that. I didnt really get hung over but i did drink until everything was black and i could stand no more.

Things body can get away with at 19...

But stopping was extremely easy for me, just said no, i dont want to make a fool of myself no more.

Weird, but i find that testosterone gives me a similar high compared to being drunk, id est i dont feel the inhibitions, makes me extroverted when i am normally an introvert, which can be both good and bad thing. I did more questionable things on test then i ever did while drinking (nothing violent, but i am not a person who looks like he would go and visit brothels normally). I have low natural test and on gear i am like a different person, people say i act different, sometimes being very cold and lacking empathy (not violent, but 100% my empathy goes to **** on aas).

That being said, moderation is the key. I wont ever drink again, buy i sure as hell wont let another addiction (aas) take over my life. I will enjoy it from time to time, once, maybe twice a year for like a month and thats it.

The trick of freeing oneself from dangerous addictions is imho, finding sth else that will also give you dopamine rushes. I for one find that i need to feel the adrenaline and power, similar to what steroids give. So i took up shooting (just handling firearms gives me dopamine rush) and jet skiing.
If you lust for certain feelings (say power in this case) i dont think its as somple as quitting a certain activity. You gotta find sth else that gives you similar rush, or else you will just go back to the old habits.

A psychologist could easily write an essay on why we as men seek and lust for feelings of power so much. I believe books have already been written on the topic.

Last edited:

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To all of you guys that have admitted they’re alcoholics and are sober.....congrats to each of you. That is an awesome accomplishment. I’ve see alcoholism ruin people and families. Some say drug and alcohol abuse is a victimless crime. I beg to differ. It has broken families and damaged children. My hats off to each one of you on your sobriety!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
To all of you guys that have admitted they’re alcoholics and are sober.....congrats to each of you. That is an awesome accomplishment. I’ve see alcoholism ruin people and families. Some say drug and alcohol abuse is a victimless crime. I beg to differ. It has broken families and damaged children. My hats off to each one of you on your sobriety!
i grew up poor in the 70's, everyone i knew was into drugs and alcohol....most of them are dead or locked up, only 2 of us out of all those people i grew up with escaped the clutches of drugs and alcohol...i consider myself blessed for every day of sobriety.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i grew up poor in the 70's, everyone i knew was into drugs and alcohol....most of them are dead or locked up, only 2 of us out of all those people i grew up with escaped the clutches of drugs and alcohol...i consider myself blessed for every day of sobriety.
Yeah you’re definitely blessed man.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what a great post, and thank you!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 14