Ajinomoto?

2skinny

2skinny

Awards
I ordered 2kg of bulk L-Arginine from Build Your Own Blend Supplements (through Amazon). I received the powder in two 1kg bags. On the front of each bag is a small sticker with the name Ajinomoto printed on it. I was under the impression that Ajinomoto products were very expensive due to their quality. I purchased these two bags for approximately $56 including shipping which I believe is a fraction of the cost than if buying direct from Ajinomoto.
I attached a couple pictures. Any opinions on this??
Ajin.jpg
Ajino.jpg

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nah- that is pretty much in-line with cost plus the margin they are making- L-Arginine has actually gone up quite a bit since Colgate started making a toothpaste that contains it. Ajinomoto= quality; they are a great supplier

2skinny

2skinny

Awards
Nah- that is pretty much in-line with cost plus the margin they are making- L-Arginine has actually gone up quite a bit since Colgate started making a toothpaste that contains it. Ajinomoto= quality; they are a great supplier
I paid only $56 for 2kg. Ajinomoto charges $162 for 1kg on their website. So I got it for way way less. This seems too good to be true and I'm doubting that it's even legit.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I paid only $56 for 2kg. Ajinomoto charges $162 for 1kg on their website. So I got it for way way less. This seems too good to be true and I'm doubting that it's even legit.
You could call/e-mail them and verify that they're working with that e-tailer.

However, it's also very common for a wholesale website to cost significantly more than an e-tailer. Just look at what supps cost at NP versus the home company's site.

2skinny

2skinny

Awards
You could call/e-mail them and verify that they're working with that e-tailer.

However, it's also very common for a wholesale website to cost significantly more than an e-tailer. Just look at what supps cost at NP versus the home company's site.
Hmmmmm, that's a good point.

2skinny

2skinny

Awards
oh, and by the way, this stuff tastes absolutely disgusting!! Mixes great in water, but hard to down the 20g that Dr. D recommends.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
It's more expensive from Ajinomoto, since they don't wanna handle small orders like that.. Takes to much time and time is money. They want big big big orders :)

Yeah, pretty much all aminoacids taste like crap

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty standard pricing model to ensure that a companies retailers dont have to fear directly competing with the company itself.