Agmatine for endurance?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I have been interested in Agmatine for quite some time but have been waiting to see more reviews of this ingredient. I know it can be hit or miss for some people, and most people use it for cosmetic and pump purposes. I am more interested in the other benefits it may provide such as improved sleep, antioxidant benefits, noortopic, nutrient partitioning, and possibly endurance/stamina? Most of the reviews I have read focus mostly on the pumps, improved sleep and nutrient partioning. However I don't see much regarding effects on endurance and stamina?

More specifically I would like to know if using agmatine at 1 gram daily will noticably improve stamina and endurance for cardio performance? I might be changing up my training soon to a format that is similar to basic military training (ie. lots of push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, sprints, running, circuit training, etc) and would like to know if using agmatine will help with endurance for this type of training? Additionally what would be the best dosing protocol if using agmatine for endurance?

Although I planned to hold off a little longer, the promo for Agmatine by Synthetic Supplement seems too good to pass up so I will be ordering a few bottles to give it a proper run. I have a few other products lying around as well (Na-Rala, 40% Icariin Extract, PES Erase) that I might combine with agmatine and would like to know how to stack them to maximize the benefits. I know agmatine can be run at 1 gram daily with 100-200mg of Na-Rala 2-3 times daily and will definitely be trying that combo. How much 40% Icariin Extract should I stack with 1 gram of agmatine? When using agmatine and icariin together should i be careful not to over do it do to possible lowering of blood pressure from both products? Also how well does agmatine stack with Erase? Would cortisol be too low due to both of these products lowering cortisol?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
http://www.mindandmuscle.net/articles/agmatine-sulfate/

some good info on agmatine...........and fwiw, theres PLENTY of reviews on agmatine....from SNS agmatine caps to Hemavol reviews, ingredient has been around for years now :p

and yes, with continued use of agmatine you should see an increase in endurance over time.....id say its a lot more noticeable when you stop taking agmatine. as for the dosing protocol.....you got some options: 500mg-1g ~30 minutes pre would be most peoples favorites.....but after some conversations with mr. cooper, im playing with a new dosing scheme: 1.5g on an empty stomach first thing when i wake up

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply. I've had the chance to read up on agmatine from most of the big sites on the web and they all seem in favor of agmatine. However when it comes to reviews, I mostly read reviews touting it for its cosmetic and pump effects. Would you happen to know of any reviews that are gearded more towards the endurance aspects? And assuming I use it consistently for a long period of time with a minimum of 1 gram daily, how long will it be before the endurance effects will start to take effect? Depending on my budget, I am going to run it for 2 months first and depending on the results, I may push that out to 4 or maybe even 6 months to see what if any cumulative effects can be had from long term usage.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Thanks for the reply. I've had the chance to read up on agmatine from most of the big sites on the web and they all seem in favor of agmatine. However when it comes to reviews, I mostly read reviews touting it for its cosmetic and pump effects. Would you happen to know of any reviews that are gearded more towards the endurance aspects? And assuming I use it consistently for a long period of time with a minimum of 1 gram daily, how long will it be before the endurance effects will start to take effect? Depending on my budget, I am going to run it for 2 months first and depending on the results, I may push that out to 4 or maybe even 6 months to see what if any cumulative effects can be had from long term usage.
Have been on it for 2 weeks and love it. All day pumps.

Question for those who have been on it awhile, does it need to be cycled? Or a staple like creatine?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I haven't had a chance to try it yet but everything I've read says that it can be used long term without any major problems and that the positive effects should accumulate overtime the longer you use it.

Have you noticed any increase in endurance yet?

uvawahoowa

Awards
I haven't had a chance to try it yet but everything I've read says that it can be used long term without any major problems and that the positive effects should accumulate overtime the longer you use it.

Have you noticed any increase in endurance yet?
Hard to say, I don't train for endurance in general...though I am in precontest mode right now working out 2-3 times/day 6 days/week. I just went through depletion days @ <50g carbs/day without a noticeable drop in energy levels during my lifts (~75-90 minutes).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
With agmatine, I have noticed a [documented] lowering in BP and an easier time doing cardio.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
With agmatine, I have noticed a [documented] lowering in BP and an easier time doing cardio.
Will this effect be noticable at 1 gram daily? Additionally, what is the best way to use 40% icariin with agmatine? I have some stashed away that I would like to combine with agmatine to potentiate the endurance aspects of both. I know icariin can lower blood pressure as well so I am not sure how how icariin should be used with agmatine. Do you have any suggestions?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Will this effect be noticable at 1 gram daily? Additionally, what is the best way to use 40% icariin with agmatine? I have some stashed away that I would like to combine with agmatine to potentiate the endurance aspects of both. I know icariin can lower blood pressure as well so I am not sure how how icariin should be used with agmatine. Do you have any suggestions?
I use it at 1 gram daily. You can use the 40% icariin however you want. For endurance, dose the agmatine preworkout. Your BP will not get "too" low from dosing icariin at the recommended dose and agmatine at 1g.

uvawahoowa

Awards
that's odd, with the pumps that it gives you would think BP would go up or at the least be unaffected

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I use it at 1 gram daily. You can use the 40% icariin however you want. For endurance, dose the agmatine preworkout. Your BP will not get "too" low from dosing icariin at the recommended dose and agmatine at 1g.
Thank you for the suggestions mr.cooper69. I was thinking of using 1 gram of 40% icariin (400mg of actives) along with 1 gram of agmatine daily. So maybe 500mg 40%icariin in the AM, 1gram agmatine pre-workout, and then 500mg of 40% icariin in the evening with dinner.

How would I go about dosing these two on off days? Maybe 500mg 40% icariin + 500mg agmatine in the AM and then 500mg 40% icariin + 500mg agmatine in the evening before dinner? Would that suffice?

Considering both supplement lower blood pressure, do they do so using the same MOA or through different pathways?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thank you for the suggestions mr.cooper69. I was thinking of using 1 gram of 40% icariin (400mg of actives) along with 1 gram of agmatine daily. So maybe 500mg 40%icariin in the AM, 1gram agmatine pre-workout, and then 500mg of 40% icariin in the evening with dinner.

How would I go about dosing these two on off days? May 500mg 40% icariin + 500mg agmatine in the AM and then 500mg 40% icariin + 500mg agmatine in the evening before dinner? Would that suffice?

Considering both supplement lower blood pressure, do they do so using the same MOA or through different pathways?
That's quite a bit of icariin. What are you seeking to achieve? Sexual performance or simply pumps? I would dose the agmatine 1g first thing in the AM on off-days, the rest looks good.

Would it work like a sleep aid?
Sleep improvement on agmatine is one of the most notable effects for me.

southsideguy

southsideguy

Awards
  • Established
I wondered that as well.
I believe "pumps" and lowered blood pressure goes hand in hand. Meaning if you have pumps, you should have some lowering in blood pressure (numbers)

hsk

Awards
  • Established
That's quite a bit of icariin. What are you seeking to achieve? Sexual performance or simply pumps? I would dose the agmatine 1g first thing in the AM on off-days, the rest looks good.

I would mainly like to use it for its hardening effects. It helps me to lean out and maintain a really dry look while giving me decent pumps. In my previous cycles of 40% icariin (LiveLong brand), i tried different dosages from 500mg -1500mgs daily to guage the different effects. At 500mg, I got slight pumps, better sense of well being, increased endurance, minor nutrient partioning effects, hardening effects, and over time I leaned out quite a bit while gaining a decent amount of strength in the process. At 1000mg all of these effects were more than doubled and recovery time was very fast as I was able to train quite intensely and frequently even while in a slight caloric deficit. At 1500mg, it was too much for me and I got headaches, visual disturbances, and dizziness due to low blood pressure. All in all I did best on 500mg-1000mg daily. It felt like an all-in-one test booster and I enjoyed every run I had with it. It stacked well with just about everything.

I have been wanting to use agmatine for quite some time as many of the stated benefits of agmatine seem to mirror icariin so I would like to compare for myself and see if I have found a suitable replacement since high exctract bulk icariin is no longer available or feasible to purchase. I guess I will start 500mg of 40% icariin with 1 gram of agmatine and work my way up to 1 gram of 40% icariin. Either way, I am hoping that icariin paired with agmatine will create some sort of synergy that will be greater than the two individual ingredients alone.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

I would mainly like to use it for its hardening effects. It helps me to lean out and maintain a really dry look while giving me decent pumps. In my previous cycles of 40% icariin (LiveLong brand), i tried different dosages from 500mg -1500mgs daily to guage the different effects. At 500mg, I got slight pumps, better sense of well being, increased endurance, minor nutrient partioning effects, hardening effects, and over time I leaned out quite a bit while gaining a decent amount of strength in the process. At 1000mg all of these effects were more than doubled and recovery time was very fast as I was able to train quite intensely and frequently even while in a slight caloric deficit. At 1500mg, it was too much for me and I got headaches, visual disturbances, and dizziness due to low blood pressure. All in all I did best on 500mg-1000mg daily. It felt like an all-in-one test booster and I enjoyed every run I had with it. It stacked well with just about everything.

I have been wanting to use agmatine for quite some time as many of the stated benefits of agmatine seem to mirror icariin so I would like to compare for myself and see if I have found a suitable replacement since high exctract bulk icariin is no longer available or feasible to purchase. I guess I will start 500mg of 40% icariin with 1 gram of agmatine and work my way up to 1 gram of 40% icariin. Either way, I am hoping that icariin paired with agmatine will create some sort of synergy that will be greater than the two individual ingredients alone.
I don't see any potential synergy at the level of pumps, but in terms of agmatine-induced GnRH increases + icariin's activity in the testes, you may have a winner.

Reactions: hsk

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I don't see any potential synergy at the level of pumps, but in terms of agmatine-induced GnRH increases + icariin's activity in the testes, you may have a winner.
Yes, I was hoping this might be the case as well. Either way though I am still looking forward to trying agmatine to determine its long term use potential. I'll be trying SNS and Primaforce Agmatine right after I try out the one from Synthetic Supplements. Thanks again for your help and insight!