Advice for starting a cycle when you've been on TRT.

curtisb

Awards
Just joined this forum and have been studying all of these great posts like a crazy man. I'm 38, 6ft 1, weigh 180 and have been going to an anti-aging doc for TRT for the last year and a half. He just has be on 200mg of test cyp per week. He also has me on .5mg of Arimidex 2x a week. I feel great but I want to take my body to the next level. When I was 30 I did a cycle of test and deca with amazing results, but I didn't do my research and didn't know a thing about PCT so I lost everything I gained. I probably messed up my system by doing this which is why I found myself in the anti-aging docs office to get my test levels back up. Anyway, this time I'm going to know what I'm doing before I begin.

So my question is this: My doc has me on the 200mg/wk test dose indefinitely. Before I begin my test/deca cycle (which won't be until next year) should I stop the test for a while so when I begin the cycle my body will really respond to it? What about the Arimidex? Or, should I just stay on the prescribed dose of test and then just up the test to 500mg/wk total and deca 300-400mg/wk when I start the cycle?

Does anyone ever just stay on a low dose of test between cycles if they are on a TRT program? If so, do they even do PCT?

I have no issues with stopping the prescribed dose of test after my cycle and actually cycling like it seems most guys do. Who knows, maybe if I do my cycle properly and also do my PCT properly my own test production might come back enough I could stop the TRT therapy between cycles.

Sorry this was so long. Felt like I should give a little background. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. And again, I know I have much more research to do before I actually start. Thx.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Hi i will find the replies to your post interesting. i have been on trt for 4 years starting with sustanon 250 every 3 wks , then i was moved onto Nebido every 11.
In the US you are very lucky that you also get prescribed something for estrogen ,in the UK its considered not an issue .I pushed for an e2 test and found it be off scale at the top end.Luckily i have no estrogen issues .I take AIs like 6 bromo eod hoping it will help get e2 to a more acceptable level.

As for stacking anything with the test, i would look for something that doesnt convert to estrogen or dht and possibly a non methylated.

EQ-PLEX by CEL was once recommended to me but never went ahead with it, as i decided to concentrate on the estrogen side.

test is a good allrounder i think and id keep it going .

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
u are prescribed test....u dont EVER have to run a pct. dont stop those injections ever.

what u want to do is called "blasting and cruising".

u cruise at ur prescribed dose, then to "blast" u up the test and add other compounds in. then afterward there is no need to do a PCT. if ur worried about nut shrinkage then go back to ur doc and ask for some HCG

curtisb

Awards
thanks for the reply.....never having to do a pct would really make things simple.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i am so jealous. lucky bastard.:32:

pct sucks.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
u are prescribed test....u dont EVER have to run a pct. dont stop those injections ever.

what u want to do is called "blasting and cruising".

u cruise at ur prescribed dose, then to "blast" u up the test and add other compounds in. then afterward there is no need to do a PCT. if ur worried about nut shrinkage then go back to ur doc and ask for some HCG
For example, cruising at 50mg EOD test E what would you consider blasting and how long before your cruising again.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For example, cruising at 50mg EOD test E what would you consider blasting and how long before your cruising again.
comically, the answer is "whatever you'd like since you don't really have to worry about recovery". A nice way to do it though if you are at 50 EOD would be to jump to 150 EOD for 525mg/wk and run it at that for 9-10 weeks. Anything up to even 16 weeks would be fine so long as you aren't experiencing sides.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
At the end of the blast how would you step down to the cruising level. I get this question alot at the gym. I believe that with the knowledge here on this site info. is available on this topic.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I agree no need for a SERM, especially with the AI but how bout a cortisol control. If it was me I'd run a little lean xtreme after the boost period. Also watch bp.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah no need for a pct because you dont have to worry about getting your balls back you are jsut going to be back to your normal level. no worry about LH or anything

Jay V 24

Jay V 24

Banned
Awards
At the end of the blast how would you step down to the cruising level.
You do nothing but drop the other compounds and lower your test dosage. Some people will still cruise on other compounds as well, like EQ. I dont.

What i do: I use a long ester test compound. Then during blasts i bump up the long ester test and start some Prop. When im ready to cruise, i simply drop the prop, then eventually lower the long ester test.

GICH.

P.S. for the guy on TRT, you wont need a SERM but you will need an AI during blasts

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you can step down at the end if you'd like rather than a sharp cutoff, but yeah, I wouldn't (don't) worry much about anything else as a part of it. A lot of the concerns even over cortisol in PCT are because during PCT your test levels are so low that there is little to just continue to support your existing muscle while production comes back. but when you never truly come off, thats not an issue. Not that an anti-cort would hurt either, just less necessary. Doesn't hurt if you added orals or relatively high dosed AI to go ahead and take extra fish oil to bring HDL cholesterol back up.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Corsaking do you perfer the Nebido.
The only other treatment ive had was Sustanon 250 on a 4 weekly injection which later went to 2 week intervals. The doc recommended Nebido -4 injections a year -which i have every 11 weeks.

For about 6/7 weeks i feel good but i often feel like a top up say weeks 7-11.
this is why i thought of taking something otc mainly anabolic, hardly androgenic and non meth.

it also has to be in and out my system after say 3 or 4 days just in case im asked for a blood test to check levels of test at baseline ie in week 11.

the only other option i could go for is gel but its a daily application and can be time consuming waiting for it to dry (i think its 30 min)

So yes Nebido is ok.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
EasyEJL, which AI and anti-cort would you use to step down.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I do self inject of test E. The gel worked however I had issues at site. Doc allowed me to inject, been doing so for the last 2 years. He had me on 2X week, I am doing EOD, I don't feel high and lows .

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for an ai i'd probably use exemestane/aromasin. For ai I guess i'd go with suppress-C by CEL, its an effective product. Transdermal, but it works well.

Jay V 24

Jay V 24

Banned
Awards
Dude, you dont need anti-cortisols while on Gear lol

Gear is going to keep you in an anabolic state with less cortisol. Even at trt doses.

And you wont need the AI so much during the cruise, you'll need it when youre bumping the test up to superman levels (during your blast)

The AI of choice for aromatizing gear is Anastrozole/Arimidex

60% reduction of aromatose is ideal. You dont want to sqush estro to zilch. Estrogen helps with your gains.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
anastrazole/arimidex wrecks cholesterol far worse than aromasin, and lowers IGF levels, while exemestane/aromasin is cholesterol neutral, and raises IGF :)

I'm prescribed arimidex, but prefer exemestane

Jay V 24

Jay V 24

Banned
Awards
anastrazole/arimidex wrecks cholesterol far worse than aromasin, and lowers IGF levels, while exemestane/aromasin is cholesterol neutral, and raises IGF :)

I'm prescribed arimidex, but prefer exemestane
yeah but youre forgetting that Injectable test is going to raise IGF, so thats out of the question of concern..

The reason why people use Adex is because is allows for some conversion to E. You dont want to squash estrogen. I think EXemestane stops estro conversion by 90%

That seems a bit much.

Plus adex is cheaper.

It can affect lipids (adex) but shouldnt be a prob if its not long term and if he isnt using methyls.

Its up to him. Hopefully he's doing his homework/research and not basing his entire blast cycle on this thread.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info. I have a lot of homework to do, 2 mo. till my blood work due again and I want see my results before I blast. Anything else you come up with let me know.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
basically just make sure they are testing for PSA levels on your blood tests too so you can see if the blasts are tweaking your prostate. Other than that its pretty well covered :) best off avoiding orals if you can whether OTC or AAS as they have more liver and cholesterol impact.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
basically just make sure they are testing for PSA levels on your blood tests too so you can see if the blasts are tweaking your prostate. Other than that its pretty well covered :) best off avoiding orals if you can whether OTC or AAS as they have more liver and cholesterol impact.
On the subject of PSA .do psa levels remain consistent from one year to the next if theres been no change in urinating habits.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its hard to say. Seems like there are so many variables in it that its hard to say. But at least by watching it you can tell if it starts to change