Advice for BMP vs Myosynergy for torn meniscus

ChilledFaith

Awards
Well, after rupturing my Achilles twice in the last year, I almost tore my meniscus in half, so back to more surgery. I believe the BPC-157 helped with my achilles and plan to run it again with this surgery, but I'd also like to include evomuse BMP, as what I'm seeing on the forum looks like it could be helpful in recovery and anti-catabolic. With a normal meniscus tear, I wouldn't worry with the shorter recovery time, but with as bad as mine is, the doc said it would be a 6 to 9 month recovery, so I'd like to maintain as much muscle as possible and heal as quick as possible.

To that end, I can't find any BMP in stock, does myosynergy work along similar pathways, as in would it help with my goals, or are they two completely different things? I can see that the ingredients are different, just curious if they work similarly or not!

Thanks for the help!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not to my knowledge. Both are meant to help muscle growth, but the targeted pathways are completely different. MyoSynergy should provide more “direct” muscle building signal through IGF1 and such, but my understanding of BMP is that the bone morphogenic proteins it targets are more “upstream” and essentially allow more muscle growth. Also, obviously good for bones as well.

ChilledFaith

Awards
Not to my knowledge. Both are meant to help muscle growth, but the targeted pathways are completely different. MyoSynergy should provide more “direct” muscle building signal through IGF1 and such, but my understanding of BMP is that the bone morphogenic proteins it targets are more “upstream” and essentially allow more muscle growth. Also, obviously good for bones as well.
Appreciate it, makes sense, one helps to build more muscle while the other allows you to build more muscle. My understanding is probably pretty simplified, but I get the gist! Thanks for the reply!