adderall weight loss

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Im on a 10mg dose of Focalin and it isnt doing anything for my ADD/AHAD or depression... nothing... im going to speak with my doc to bump up to 20mg or switch me to something else. Anyone have any ideas besides Addheral
Have you tried it with caffeine? That's the only way I get optimal effects from these things. Man I wish I could get my hands on some more of this stuff...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You people are using it Illegally and not for its intended use. You can call it whatever you want but you might as well be smoking crack.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WLEwRdi0QU"]YouTube - Drug Dealer Testimonial[/ame]

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJIjWlLa8MU&feature=related"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

For you people that abuse presciption drugs...Its only a matter of time before you "graduate".....

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
You people are using it Illegally and not for its intended use. You can call it whatever you want but you might as well be smoking crack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WLEwRdi0QU
yeah seriously, the only benefit of adderall vs. illicit drugs I can see is that in most cases it's probably clean, I think if you're going to resort to illegal drugs for cutting, you may as well just buy some meth because at this point you're basically just a closet tweeker.

Marine 916

Awards
I have been taken adderall for school purposes only for the past 2 years. It defnitley has a significant impact on your diet. I would not recommend to take it for weight loss because when your not on it you will eat more than normal. It also can mess up your metabolisim.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
yeah seriously, the only benefit of adderall vs. illicit drugs I can see is that in most cases it's probably clean, I think if you're going to resort to illegal drugs for cutting, you may as well just buy some meth because at this point you're basically just a closet tweeker.
First of all, I've never advocated using adderall as a diet aid. Just as I don't think ephedrine is a wise choice for trying to lose weight. You do realize however, that this was its original purpose? This same mix of D/L-amphetamine was marketed as a weight loss drug years ago. Its only recently that its been resurrected as an ADD med.

Additionally, how is this any different from people using clenbuterol, albuterol, ephedrine, yohimbine, etc as "fat burners"? The side effects of these drugs is at best as bad as adderall...and usually because of their peripheral effects tend to be worse (increased HR, BP, RR, anxiety, etc).

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
It is not a leap at all!. Adderall and Meth are practically the same thing.
Wow. No offense, but that statement just shows your ignorance about these drugs. Methamphetamine and amphetamine have vastly different physiological effects.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
You do realize that very small variations in the molecular structure of a drug can cause vastly different pharmacological effects? For instance, methamphetamine and amphetamine are very similar to other phenylethylamines. You wouldn't consider PEA to be "basically the same thing as methamphetamine"...would you? How about ephedrine? Pseudoephedrine? Mescaline? MDMA? These are all in the same class of drugs...phenylethylamines.

Attachments

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Let me put it in a way that you may understand...

By your logic, boldenone and dianabol should be "basically the same thing" because their structures are so closely related. As you probably already know, Dianabol is methyl-boldenone. I'm sure that you'd agree that these have vastly different physiological effects, correct?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me put it in a way that you may understand...

By your logic, boldenone and dianabol should be "basically the same thing" because their structures are so closely related. As you probably already know, Dianabol is methyl-boldenone. I'm sure that you'd agree that these have vastly different physiological effects, correct?

Allright I understand what you are saying. I still see it as a dangerous drug and should not be taken without a prescription. Even with a prescription....Sure they have different physilogical effects but I just don't see much of a "line" between an abuser of presciption amphetamine and the use of meth-amphetamine.... People are gonna keep uping there dose of adderall so much to get the same effects so it just sort of equals out. Then some people may switch over to meth-amphetamine.. If you take enough adderall I believe you will get the same effects as using meth. Just an observation and opinion of mine, not something I see as a fact.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Allright I understand what you are saying. I still see it as a dangerous drug and should not be taken without a prescription. Even with a prescription....Sure they have different physilogical effects but I just don't see much of a "line" between an abuser of presciption amphetamine and the use of meth-amphetamine.... People are gonna keep uping there dose of adderall so much to get the same effects so it just sort of equals out. Then some people may switch over to meth-amphetamine.. If you take enough adderall I believe you will get the same effects as using meth. Just an observation and opinion of mine, not something I see as a fact.
I agree. Everything is dose dependent. A high dose of caffeine can feel like a low dose of cocaine. I highly doubt that one could tolerate the dosage needed of adderall to achieve methamphetamine like effects though. The euphoria that meth can provide...and the sheer intensity/longevity of the drug is something that would be extremely difficult to match.

Additionally, I agree that there is a difference between use and abuse. Someone who choses to use 15mg of adderall to study the night before an exam will have far different effects than someone who snorts 60mg of the stuff before a night out. Too much of anything can be a bad thing. Prescription drugs often have just as high abuse potential (if not higher) than street drugs. Some pharmaceutical opiates (hydrocodone, oxycontin, etc) can cause some wicked addiction. Fentanyl is even more dangerous than heroin.

Alcohol can cause some of the worst withdrawl symptoms known to man. Its one of the few drugs that when discontinued, withdrawl can cause death. And this is not prescription...or even a street drug...you can get it just about anywhere. Again, this is another dose-dependent situation. Occasional use will have few, if any long term side effects...while abuse is a whole different story.

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established
So i was diagnosed with ADHD and was perscribed adderall which is a mixture of 4 amphetamine salts at 40 mgs a day and people have started telling me that i am looking as though i have lost weight. I am trying to find out if adderall has any fat burning properties in and of itself. I know when i am on it i feel like i am on a high dose of ephedrine, or clen. Or if it is just a result of my appetite being almost non-existent...
What have you decided? I definitely think that Adderall has fat burning and diuretic properties. The drug increases your metabolism, speeds up your resting heart rate, and causes your body to sweat 10-30% more than usual. This means that Adderall most definitely possesses fat burning and diuretic properties. I just wrote an article stating that body builders needs to reevaluate their caloric intake, training regimen, and supplementation if they are taking Adderall. I have been training for 11 years now, and have been training on Adderall for 4 of these years; so this topic is something that I am experienced in and passionate about. I have advised people to take in around 300 more calories per day, and to incorporate a rest day if they have not already. Over training and Adderall usage is a very real problem. The risk of becoming catabolic is heightened when taking prescription drugs such as Adderall or Vyvanse.

Everett

Awards
Hi,
Yeah i was also using amphetamine months ago and it really boosted my heart beat and made me worry to left this....
I think that was a side effect...

82anon

Awards
Adderall's a stimulant

But does any one know of the properties of adderall that may actually burn fat?
Adderall causes you to release norepinephrine, which is a neurotransmitter, however it also is responsible for the release of adrenaline. Thus the stimulating effect similar to ephedrine. Although it goes further, it also prevents the re-uptake of norepinephrine and thus it is active longer. Continuing, it prevents the re-uptake of dopamine, by binding with dopamine transporters - it essentially plugs the sink for these neurotransmitters letting the levels rise to higher than normal levels. As you can imagine, with increased norepinephrine you will have increased heart rate, thus metabolism is increased. It also does "heat" you up, and causes one to sweat more. Ritalin is similar, but different. They say Ritalin is to Cocaine as Adderall is to methamphetamine. Ritalin does cause neurons to release dopamine as well as prevent the re-uptake of dopamine. Thus high dopamine levels (can you say anti-prolactin [prampexole and cabergoline mimic dopamine, however Ritalin causes an increase of your own dopamine, which is the agent that serves as the anti-prolactin]). It does the same thing with norepinephrine. However, if you can imagine a tree with fruit, and some are ripe and some are need some more time - Ritalin selectively picks the ripe fruit (neurons that will release the neurotransmitters) while Adderall will pick all the fruit (ready or not). So, in my opinion Ritalin is better. They both suppress appetite and they both increase dopamine. Ritalin has been around a long time, although we really don't understand the drug that well still. Mind you, since it causes an increase in norepi (think adrenaline) it causes vasoconstriction (that's why meth heads teeth fall out, that and it also leeches Calcium, so if you are taking Ritalin or Adderall, take a Calcium supplement). So, with Ritalin and Adderall you may experience cold fingers, toes, nose... But, your armpits will more than likely sweat more than usual. I could go on and on.. But, shoot me any questions... I've had both, and am currently prescribed one. I also understand physiology rather well and performance enhancing agents and their interactions and how to counter adverse side effects...

chandlerbing

Awards
Glad I never had to take any of this stuff, although it helps tons of people cramming for tests, so I get it.

Jeromee

Awards
I feel hesitation to use the supplements although these are good for rapid weight loss. But i am very impressed supplements which are present on this forum and i am taking interest in the use of these supplements use.

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
Stuff isn't worth the hype. First few days of it are great but you'll build a quick tolerance. I've been on off it for years (prescribed) and I have a eating disorder (eat to much) and adderall, provigil, welbutrin and Dex. I'd always build a huge tolerance for them and refuse to take high doses of anything despite being prescribed it by a medical professional. Also ten plus year stim junkie doesn't help anything.

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
Stuff isn't worth the hype. First few days of it are great but you'll build a quick tolerance. I've been on off it for years (prescribed) and I have a eating disorder (eat to much) and adderall, provigil, welbutrin and Dex. I'd always build a huge tolerance for them and refuse to take high doses of anything despite being prescribed it by a medical professional. Also ten plus year stim junkie doesn't help anything.

tweaver

tweaver

Awards
I totally agree with building up a tolerance to adderal.... after a month of taking it straight I ended taking double the dose I started out with!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Hey there. I'm sorry, but I can't understand your grammar very much. I almost get what you're saying about certain things and other things are clear, but some points you're trying to make, I can not understand. Again, my apologies.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i used phentermine in the past only for 3-4 weeks then not work more for me.

efl

Awards
Lol, I was just about to ask a question about adderall when I came across this thread. Recently I just started taking 40 mg of Adderall XR in the mornings and it works great, I'm always paying attention and in a good mood but the only downside Ive been having is the sexual side effects. When Im getting jiggy my friend just doesn't want to cooperate (Barely any feeling) Has anyone else had this problem? I know some friends that also complain about it.
So, I was on 30 mg adderall xr then switched to vyvanse, then to 60 mg adderall ir, and now dexadrine 60 mg ir. This has been over the couse of 6 years. It was great first... sex was better, i could study for 12 hours straight, didn't need to sleep or eat most of the time. Anyway, you build up a tolerance over time, hence the increasing dosage etc... At first I lost about 20 pound in a couple months. When your tolerance goes up, you are still productive, but the great mood goes away, you get hungry again, and your sex drive eventually becomes non-existant. Not to freak you out...this happened over the course of 6 years, but eventually you do get to that point, and its probably time to get off of it (i'm working on it). The only good thing I can say is even without the same motivation and good mood, you can still concentrate pretty well...that, as far as I know, never goes away.

draft91

Awards
Is there any1 try arbuterol before? Its more safer than clen and ephendrine. It is beta 2 agoist too. And in my country people mostly suggest this thing with metformin conbinstion to safe weight loose

marksdiman123

Awards
I'm going to be honest, if you plan on taking adderall once in a while, like once a week or so, you are better off not starting at all. Amphetamines will put your life on a rollercoaster, and I speak from experience. Caffeine is the way to go IMO.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am back on my adderal Rx after some time off. Even on cycle my weight is slowly going down. Sucks, but it honestly is a life saver for me.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I am back on my adderal Rx after some time off. Even on cycle my weight is slowly going down. Sucks, but it honestly is a life saver for me.
Your honesty is greatly appreciated. I am glad that it is helping you in a therapeudic capacity. I was Rx'd Dexedrine IR at one point, because it acts primarily to wake the brain and not have any peripheral side effects that the Adderal has and I realized that I really didn't need it and with my personality, I would catch myself messing around with the stuff like a maniacal speed phreak. Andro Drive is all I need.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your honesty is greatly appreciated. I am glad that it is helping you in a therapeudic capacity. I was Rx'd Dexedrine IR at one point, because it acts primarily to wake the brain and not have any peripheral side effects that the Adderal has and I realized that I really didn't need it and with my personality, I would catch myself messing around with the stuff like a maniacal speed phreak. Andro Drive is all I need.
I have decided previously I didn't need it, but it became very apparent that it was a smarter move to go back to it. I am a fan of the drive, and it did help in a good way, but the strength of adderall did more for me. I was hoping the weight loss would not happen with the hormones I am currently on, but I always have an initial large dip in weight when I go back to it, and it appears this is no different. But when it comes to saving my work/study life, it is a necessity.

tweaver

tweaver

Awards
I have decided previously I didn't need it, but it became very apparent that it was a smarter move to go back to it. I am a fan of the drive, and it did help in a good way, but the strength of adderall did more for me. I was hoping the weight loss would not happen with the hormones I am currently on, but I always have an initial large dip in weight when I go back to it, and it appears this is no different. But when it comes to saving my work/study life, it is a necessity.
I know what you mean. I will be starting up my adderall shortly when I start school, but I'm dreading looking like a stick again.. but then again I know I need it to actually listen to the lectures and study so it has to be done.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
When I think about long term hormonal use as far as lower/moderate doses of some Andro v3 series products, it reminds me of the long term use of psychotropics. Personally, I'd rather be using a couple VERY low suppressive (if really suppressive at all ie. Andro Drive and Andro Lean) than using the medications I've tried (Librium, Lexapro, Cymbalta, Adderall, Dexedrine, etc) that absolutely try and re-wire the brain and possibly, permenantly fudge up the transport mechanisms for given neurotransmitters. I know that recovery from long term psychotropics has been BRUTAL compared to recovery from a long, suppressive cycle. And I am honestly done with gear, etc. Although I do consider Andro Drive and Andro Lean NON AAS type products. One provides excellent brain support and the other is an excellent cortisol modulator and recomp agent.

I'm not trying to stray off topic here. My bad. What do you think, Heretostudy? Out of 2 things that enhance quality of life without causing damage to the brain, would you say that it would be worth it to stay on Andro Drive being that out of all the psychotropics I've used, this one is the most efficient and prominent and is neuroprotective?

I'm all for medicine if there is no other way to safely improve quality of life for a given individual. Trust me.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I think about long term hormonal use as far as lower/moderate doses of some Andro v3 series products, it reminds me of the long term use of psychotropics. Personally, I'd rather be using a couple VERY low suppressive (if really suppressive at all ie. Andro Drive and Andro Lean) than using the medications I've tried (Librium, Lexapro, Cymbalta, Adderall, Dexedrine, etc) that absolutely try and re-wire the brain and possibly, permenantly fudge up the transport mechanisms for given neurotransmitters. I know that recovery from long term psychotropics has been BRUTAL compared to recovery from a long, suppressive cycle. And I am honestly done with gear, etc. Although I do consider Andro Drive and Andro Lean NON AAS type products. One provides excellent brain support and the other is an excellent cortisol modulator and recomp agent.

I'm not trying to stray off topic here. My bad. What do you think, Heretostudy? Out of 2 things that enhance quality of life without causing damage to the brain, would you say that it would be worth it to stay on Andro Drive being that out of all the psychotropics I've used, this one is the most efficient and prominent and is neuroprotective?

I'm all for medicine if there is no other way to safely improve quality of life for a given individual. Trust me.
I actually can't comment on long term usage yet. I have been meaning to have a conversation with Eric concerning long term usage of Drive.

tcmcmullen34

Awards
I've been taking adderall for a few months now daily and have had no problems with eating. I've actually gained 10 pounds. Sure you don't feel hungry when on it, but we all know with the goals we want to achieve its necessary. So I eat regardless. Also my workouts have been unbelievable with a definite increase in strength.

isaaccap

Awards
excercise more, dont use an amphetamine to loose weight. eww