adderall weight loss

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
wtf after reading some of this im not taking it anymore....weight loss, loss of appetite, depression, worst prescription street drug? wtf im pissed at my parents for making me take this ****....i should stop right? someone respond or PM thanks
Man, if you don't really need it, don't take it. If it helps you though, it's like a miracle drug for some people. It worked great for me. You're the only one who really knows if you "need" it or not. Maybe you could at least reduce the dose, but don't just stop cold turkey unless it's clearly hurting you somehow. Phase down the dose to stop over a few weeks and be honest with your doc and your folks that you don't think you need the amphetamines and you wanna maybe try something else. It's your body, your choice! :hammer:

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oh wait nevermind i just checked its not adderall its this stuff called zoloft

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
oh wait nevermind i just checked its not adderall its this stuff called zoloft
Zoloft is an SSRI. It's very effective, but stomach and libido sides are not uncommon.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
You're comparing chronic use of cocaine to low dose Amphetamine in treatment of ADD? Stop blowing the horn when there is no fire. These medications could and are very helpful for the treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder. People with ADD have a hard time succeeding in life and work without treatment of the disorder. They usually fall far behind, procrastinating and not caring.

Cocaine =/ Adderall. Adderall =/ Methamphetamine.
Adderall is a low dose of (d,l)-amphetamine usually in the range of 10-40mg daily. Long term useage might, and probably does have some neurotoxic effects - but just as any other drug - you have to be willing to accept the concenquences.

To say to yourself that steroids have no concenquences is as ignorant as comparing Adderall to Cocaine. When you delve into any drug that will alter your body or brain chemistry, you HAVE to be willing to accept the concenquences. This is the same for cocains, as it is with steroids. When you shoot yourself with 3ml of testosterone, over time, there will be adverse effects whether on your blood pressure, cardiovascular system, scalp, or liver. It is just a matter of time.

When you accept the fact that there are side effects, and you are content with their possible damage, you will no longer be lying to yourself and feel better about yourself. It's just about thoughful use of substances at resonable levels with resonable knowledge in what you are doing and what could possibly go wrong.
hey, this is my first post! hola. i know plenty on the topic of adderall. yeah, adderall is dextroamphetamine along with one of its other isomers. adderall is basically speed. it is a controlled substance in the US because it can be synthesized into methamphetamine and MDMA (extacy).

so, yes it is going to increase liposysis, decrease appetite due to the fact it increases the amount of norepinepherine which agonizes the betas, much like ephedrine.

Marbear1122

Awards
Adderall effects

It's a diuretic big time - hence the immediate weight loss, no fat burning properties, big appetite supressant and big time libido loss over time. One big side effect is depression after consistent use, in males this seems to come from libido loss=depression. My buddy is on this crap and is in the hole big time from it and has gained about 60 lbs, he's taking about 40mg a day.
I went on adderall about 2 years ago and have been taking about 30mg EX and it was great at first and has really helped with grades but I hate it now. I'm 26 year old female and it made my libido non existent. Everyone says when I'm on it my personality is completely different. It did help me lose weight initially without trying but thats because I had no appetite. I workout often but have gained 15 pounds recently and cannot lose it! Question for anyone, does Clenbuterol stacked with T3/T4 really speed up fat loss? I've heard that results are fast even without strict dieting. I've never taken anything before and was thinking about this???

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Any stimulant which raises your basal metabolic rate and suppresses your appetite, i.e. Adderall, cocaine, methamphetamine, amphetamines etc., are going to cause weight loss, assuming you're not forcing yourself with food.

My roommate has been on Adderall for awhile. She was 5'5", 115 pounds, and wanted to lose fat. So she would eat a decent breakfast at 8 AM, pop an Adderall, and not eat again until 6 PM, then again around 10 PM. So then she wanted to lose the fat quickly, so she used clen for a couple weeks.

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
Well one time my pharmacy gave me the generic due to insurance and I swear to god it said this: Amphetamine for > adderall....so the generic name for adderall is just straight fvcking amphetamine!! That's pretty crazy... :shocked:
dangit, I was told that there was no generic for Adderall :( . My son was on medicaid last year and the doc must have wrote no subs. on it so he could get $$. When we switched to insurance, we had to pay the highest copay because of the brand name. I didnt know that it was amphetamine til afterwards. But he got thin as a rake. All I could think of was "damn I need some of this!". Checked his unused medicine stock, and the adderall is all gone. I was 50 lbs heavier then than I am now, but I wish I had some left over :( . It wasnt til much later til I learned the truth about Adderall.

You thought correctly.

Last edited:
bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
I was on the generic Adderal for a few months, up until I started loading trucks for UPS. Between the work and the Adderal, I couldn't keep my weight up at all. I eat. Just couldn't eat enough. Like hardcore dirty bulk was not enough.

I'm also bipolar, and a strong responder to stims, so one of the first things I did when I felt that euphoria was take a whole bunch. At high levels, your libido goes sky high. Stupid high. I got so dehydrated though that I almost passed out. I wish that I'd taken my temperature, I'm sure that my brain was being cooked. I was so dehydrated that I couldn't sweat and was getting these weird chills.

When I went back to my doc, I just said not to prescribe me any more. One of the major downfalls of Bipolar is just not being able to control impulses sometimes. sucks, even with meds.

This stuff is bad news if abused, please be carefull. Apparently citric acid and/or vitamin C will blunt the effects. A lot of people report that it just turns the adderal off if they just have a glass of juice.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
Ya Adderal fvcked me up pretty bad but i didn't know what it was. I was diagnosed with ADD and Depression so i got put on Adderal and Lexapro. From 2nd semester freshman year to end of junior year i was completely anti social and so freakin depressed. I was so fvcked up but i was getting good grades for once so my parents didn't care and it just turned into a habit and my parents kept making me take it anyways. Around my junior finals for HS i got kicked out of my house and lived with my sister. I decided to quit taking it and then about a day later got a sinus infection (f'in terrible) added on with stopping these drugs cold turkey. I didn't really notice any loss in sex drive cause i didn't care about anything except Halo, poker, and school. haha ya maybe a little bit of a loser but i didn't give a **** about anything.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
But does any one know of the properties of adderall that may actually burn fat?

Adderall definately has stim properties. Increased heartrate, increased CNS, appitie supression.
I lost weight like I was smoking crack on the stuff years n years ago. Firest time in my life then I had a 6pack. Althought I was 145lbs... People got worried.. Then again, I also took ritaline half the time as well..

In and of itself, it's an amphetimine. So yes.
Be carefull

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
Adderall definately has stim properties. Increased heartrate, increased CNS, appitie supression.
I lost weight like I was smoking crack on the stuff years n years ago. Firest time in my life then I had a 6pack. Althought I was 145lbs... People got worried.. Then again, I also took ritaline half the time as well..

In and of itself, it's an amphetimine. So yes.
Be carefull
how did you manage to get off the meds? Most docs tell people they have to be on that stuff "For life" but I hear how so many people do well or recover.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
how did you manage to get off the meds? Most docs tell people they have to be on that stuff "For life" but I hear how so many people do well or recover.
The stimulants used to treat ADD are almost a situational drug. They're often used the same way that you'd use an aspirin. I have a headache, I take an aspirin. If I need to concentrate, say for a test, or at work, take an Adderal or a Ritalin(I tried ritalin. It worked for me, but made me feel a little too antsy)

A lot of folks can develop some pretty good coping skills that can allow them to get on without meds.

Now something like bipolar, that's one that you need to be on meds for a lifetime. I love my Lamictal. It keeps me level enough that I can lead a normal life.

With something like depression, you may need meds for a while, or a lifetime, or on and off. All depends on the person and their situation.

opfor101

opfor101

Banned
Awards
hey Dr.D, i wonder who told me amphetamines are dirty street crap
:think:

LOL

Tiger Bass

Tiger Bass

Awards
I know this thread is old, but I've been using adderall for a little bit now and thought I would share my knowledge and experience on it.

I was prescribed it for ADD and have been taking it for 1 year now. Started at 20mg XR (The time released version) and have since been bumped up to 30mg XR. It helped me lose a ton of weight, but it was in a very unhealthy fashion. I virtually lost my whole appetite and would only eat once or twice a day in very small portions. To be exact, I was around 255 when I started dieting and started taking adderall 1 month later (This was actually pure coincidence, 2007 has been a huge overhaul in who I am as a person). I updated my diet 4 months ago and started working out and I'm now at ~188.

Even though I was losing weight in a very unhealthy way, I can say that the Adderall and the loss of the initial weight of around 30lbs did a lot for giving me the motivation to live a healthy, fit lifestyle.

As for my libido, being a 19 year old who weighed 255lbs at 5'7", it is safe to say I wasn't getting laid much anyways. I still haven't noticed a change, but I assume that being young helps with this.

I was diagnosed with depression a couple years ago. My depression is generally authentic being that it runs in my family and I'm not the type to loathe in my self pity. The adderall affected my depression in two aspects. It gives me a sense of short term depression as the medicine is peaking which seems to closely correlate with the urgency it creates in me. However, this urgency also leads to an increase of motivation. If I use the urgency and motivation correctly and get stuff accomplished, it greatly overshadows the negative counterpart.

When I first started taking it, it did mess with my personality a bit. It made me extremely introverted because all I would do is think to myself. As I've been taking it for a while though, I seem to have leveled out. I still feel a little different, but it is a very acceptable compromise between being able to concentrate and get stuff done with my normal personality. *Edit* Along with my personality leveling out as time went on, I also have a very acceptable appetite now. I can easily eat 4-6 healthy small meals a day, no problem at all.

Throughout the extent of my use with adderall, I've used it properly and never abused it. No snorting, doubling doses to increase high, or binging to study for tests and staying awake all night. It has done nothing but help me out in all aspects of my life. I've become healthier, I can concentrate, do well in school, was able to go off my anti-depression medicine for a while, and allows me to get **** done.

opfor101

opfor101

Banned
Awards
im actually planning to use dex or adderall for better grades in school.

just gonna tell my doc i cant focus and my grades are suffering.

i already got me some ritalin patches but its not good enough.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
im actually planning to use dex or adderall for better grades in school.

just gonna tell my doc i cant focus and my grades are suffering.

i already got me some ritalin patches but its not good enough.
stay away from amphetamines.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
opfor101,
so you're getting on stuff that people use if they have ADD but you haven't been diagnosed with ADD? so you're just lazy?

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
stay away from amphetamines.
+1000

Seriously. If there's one decision you DO listen to strangers on the internet about, it's this one. Find something less addictive than amphetamines.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Asking your psych for certain meds to accelerate learning capacity doesn't mean the person is lazy... Well atleast from a few points of view. I would not recommend amphetamines to anyone unless they're in dire need.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
+1000

Seriously. If there's one decision you DO listen to strangers on the internet about, it's this one. Find something less addictive than amphetamines.
I have confessed more to this board than I have to anyone about certain things. I was at rock bottom a few days ago. I lost my apartment, had a falling out with my family, had my Christmas trip home cancelled, was ripped off numerous times for a lot of money, and found myself in a hotel unable to deal with the events that were taking place in my life and all the other things I had to deal with at the time. I could barely wake up to shower and shave. The only times I woke up really was to go to the vending machine and to take a piss. I asked a someone I knew for a type of what adderall is classified as but with a methyl group attached to it... I'm not going to incriminate myself.. but... I used the cap'em quick caps and BOOM. I derived a plan to get back on my feet. Before I knew it, I was getting more things done than I ever have before... with a low dose... the downside is what is to come... I fear. My case may be a bit different, but I can say that you should stay clear from them. Don't take the risk. I am constantly reminding myself that I am in control, but am I really? I don't want to discuss this much, for the choice I made was to get out of a severe situation whereas I realized I no one to stand by me through any of what was happening and in another week, my depression would've been deepened and I would've lost all my money, my possessions, my cars would've been impounded for have been overparked so long, and I may have been committed. You can criticize me in your minds, but what I did at the time was after I tried exhausting all other options aside for losing more money, and ending up more in debt.

opfor101

opfor101

Banned
Awards
I have confessed more to this board than I have to anyone about certain things. I was at rock bottom a few days ago. I lost my apartment, had a falling out with my family, had my Christmas trip home cancelled, was ripped off numerous times for a lot of money, and found myself in a hotel unable to deal with the events that were taking place in my life and all the other things I had to deal with at the time. I could barely wake up to shower and shave. The only times I woke up really was to go to the vending machine and to take a piss. I asked a someone I knew for a type of what adderall is classified as but with a methyl group attached to it... I'm not going to incriminate myself.. but... I used the cap'em quick caps and BOOM. I derived a plan to get back on my feet. Before I knew it, I was getting more things done than I ever have before... with a low dose... the downside is what is to come... I fear. My case may be a bit different, but I can say that you should stay clear from them. Don't take the risk. I am constantly reminding myself that I am in control, but am I really? I don't want to discuss this much, for the choice I made was to get out of a severe situation whereas I realized I no one to stand by me through any of what was happening and in another week, my depression would've been deepened and I would've lost all my money, my possessions, my cars would've been impounded for have been overparked so long, and I may have been committed. You can criticize me in your minds, but what I did at the time was after I tried exhausting all other options aside for losing more money, and ending up more in debt.
May i ask, how did it end up to be this bad? good thing you are piecing your life back together.

I hope you have a great holiday though, seriously.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, I hope that yours goes really well (I'm sure it will). I am trying to find somewhere to go to be in company, for I will be 3000 miles from any family and friends??? "Oh, uhhhh... I'm going away to..." lol. Yeah...

opfor101

opfor101

Banned
Awards
hmmm what made you so distant from family and friends?
im sorta mad that im not really as close with my family as i want to be.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
hey Dr.D, i wonder who told me amphetamines are dirty street crap
:think:

LOL
Haha, not Adderall and Dex, pretty clean at the proper dose. ;) Phentermine is dirty, but a better appetite suppressant IMO.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was never prescribbed them in the - well, yes I was :p ..but when I was much younger. It put me to sleep though.

I was basicly getting them recreactional for a bit in millitary school- lol, and maybe a few times via prescription, ... but not by a doc..

So I wasn't taking them for years..

....but as a testamint to either my nature, or the chemical, Id take some now if it were offered.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
....but as a testamint to either my nature, or the chemical, Id take some now if it were offered.
Try some StimX instead bro. It's not Adderall, but it's a nice and clean OTC alternative. :)

My docs had me on every stim and antidepressant in the book for 10-15 years, I am definitely a conesure of such compounds.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Try some StimX instead bro. It's not Adderall, but it's a nice and clean OTC alternative. :)

My docs had me on every stim and antidepressant in the book for 10-15 years, I am definitely a conesure of such compounds.
I remember getting a sample pack back a while back. I don't recall if it did anything or not.

Nice to see ya round Doc. It may have just been me, but I haven't seen ya in a while.
lol- gripping your snake now I see :rofl:

opfor101

opfor101

Banned
Awards
Haha, not Adderall and Dex, pretty clean at the proper dose. ;) Phentermine is dirty, but a better appetite suppressant IMO.
hmm do you think some benadryl or ketotifen at night time will prevent the appetite suppression?

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Rick James has told me that cocaine is a helluva drug.

You all might want to try that, coming from the pimp himself.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
The use of amphetamines (especially methamphetamine) can often improve someones capacity to get work done, socialize, stay on task, and handle stress. Often people are tricked into thinking that, "hey, maybe this drug is the missing link to my achievements," and begin to think that he/she is a better person while on these drugs. Some of them can change the chemistry of the brain to make one dependant upon it's administration (chemical dependency) let alone the psychological aspect of not liking who they are without the drug.

I am not trying to sound like a health teacher or D.A.R.E. instructor, but IMO it's not worth the risks.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
hmm do you think some benadryl or ketotifen at night time will prevent the appetite suppression?
I always found that I could still eat if I had to. The first few bites were hard, but after that you prime yourself and it's not so bad.

I don't think an anti-histamine would necessarily encourage appetite and I've never personally noticed it except sometimes a little with keto, but I have read studies were high dose use of l-Histadine (16 g/day) did suppress food intake, so theoretically it could.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
The use of amphetamines (especially methamphetamine) can often improve someones capacity to get work done, socialize, stay on task, and handle stress. Often people are tricked into thinking that, "hey, maybe this drug is the missing link to my achievements," and begin to think that he/she is a better person while on these drugs. Some of them can change the chemistry of the brain to make one dependant upon it's administration (chemical dependency) let alone the psychological aspect of not liking who they are without the drug.

I am not trying to sound like a health teacher or D.A.R.E. instructor, but IMO it's not worth the risks.
Very good point FOG! Something to consider and talk with your doc about if it gets out of control.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
You ever try Sibutramine? I know its one of the constituents of phentermine, but I'm curious as to its cognitive effects and how it would compare to say...adderall and ephedrine?

Also interested to hear if you could compare these same effects between phentermine and sibutramine.

This isn't limited to D, would like to hear anyone's input if you've got some expereince with these.

melis

Awards
Adderll And Weight Loss

:lol:[MEDIA]:gas:[/MEDIA]
So i was diagnosed with ADHD and was perscribed adderall which is a mixture of 4 amphetamine salts at 40 mgs a day and people have started telling me that i am looking as though i have lost weight. I am trying to find out if adderall has any fat burning properties in and of itself. I know when i am on it i feel like i am on a high dose of ephedrine, or clen. Or if it is just a result of my appetite being almost non-existent...
I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU I HAVE DOND ALOT OF RESEARCJ ON ADDERALL XR ,RIGHT DOWN TO SNORTING I.... I KNOW YOU HAVE HEARD OF METH... PEOPLE CRACKED OUT ON METH.. WELL ADDERLL HAS ALL THE INGREDIENGTS EXCEPT ONE...BUT THAT ONE DEOS NOT MAKE A DIFFERNCE... IT WILL SPEED UP YOUR METABLOISM AND WILL MAKE YOU LOOSE WEIGHT... ALONG WITH THE APPEPTIE SUPPRESSION..COKE IS THE RICH MANS METH BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DO MORE OF IT.. METH JUST DO A LITTLE AND YOU GO ALONG WAYS... SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUISTION.. YES ADDERLL NOT ONLY SUPPRESSES YOUR HUNGER BUT IT ALSO SPEEDS UP METABLOSIM...I AM TYPING THIS IN DARK.. SO EXCUSE ME FOR MISPELLD WORDS... I HAVE BEEN ON ADDERALL FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW.... I AM NOT ON 30 MG XR AND I HAVE LOT 36 POUNDS...SO WHOEVER SAYS IT DOES NOT SPEED UP YOUR METBOLISM... IS WRONG.. THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE TROUBLE GOING TO SLEEP AT NIGHT BECAUSE YOUR METABLOLISM IS STILL GOING.. THAT IS WHY THEY SAY DONT WORK OUT TO LATE BECAUSE YOUR METABOLISM IS STILL GOING... FOR HOURS AFTER YOU FINISH WORKING OUTL.. I CHECKED WITH DRS AND LOOKED UP AND TALKED TO LAB TECHS.. I KNOW I AM RIGHT..
THANKS
MEL

melis

Awards
I Would Like To Tell You I Have Dond Alot Of Researcj On Adderall Xr ,right Down To Snorting I.... I Know You Have Heard Of Meth... People Cracked Out On Meth.. Well Adderll Has All The Ingrediengts Except One...but That One Deos Not Make A Differnce... It Will Speed Up Your Metabloism And Will Make You Loose Weight... Along With The Appeptie Suppression..coke Is The Rich Mans Meth Because You Have To Do More Of It.. Meth Just Do A Little And You Go Along Ways... So To Answer Your Quistion.. Yes Adderll Not Only Suppresses Your Hunger But It Also Speeds Up Metablosim...i Am Typing This In Dark.. So Excuse Me For Mispelld Words... I Have Been On Adderall For About 2 Months Now.... I Am Not On 30 Mg Xr And I Have Lot 36 Pounds...so Whoever Says It Does Not Speed Up Your Metbolism... Is Wrong.. That Is Why You Have Trouble Going To Sleep At Night Because Your Metablolism Is Still Going.. That Is Why They Say Dont Work Out To Late Because Your Metabolism Is Still Going... For Hours After You Finish Working Outl.. I Checked With Drs And Looked Up And Talked To Lab Techs.. I Know I Am Right..
Thanks
Mel

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I Would Like To Tell You I Have Dond Alot Of Researcj On Adderall Xr ,right Down To Snorting I.... I Know You Have Heard Of Meth... People Cracked Out On Meth.. Well Adderll Has All The Ingrediengts Except One...but That One Deos Not Make A Differnce... It Will Speed Up Your Metabloism And Will Make You Loose Weight... Along With The Appeptie Suppression..coke Is The Rich Mans Meth Because You Have To Do More Of It.. Meth Just Do A Little And You Go Along Ways... So To Answer Your Quistion.. Yes Adderll Not Only Suppresses Your Hunger But It Also Speeds Up Metablosim...i Am Typing This In Dark.. So Excuse Me For Mispelld Words... I Have Been On Adderall For About 2 Months Now.... I Am Not On 30 Mg Xr And I Have Lot 36 Pounds...so Whoever Says It Does Not Speed Up Your Metbolism... Is Wrong.. That Is Why You Have Trouble Going To Sleep At Night Because Your Metablolism Is Still Going.. That Is Why They Say Dont Work Out To Late Because Your Metabolism Is Still Going... For Hours After You Finish Working Outl.. I Checked With Drs And Looked Up And Talked To Lab Techs.. I Know I Am Right..
Thanks
Mel
Mel, judging from your post, maybe we should check into rehab together?

Amphetamines are no joke. And I am not sure that raising your pulse/blood pressure is significantly concurrent with metabolism.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
You ever try Sibutramine? I know its one of the constituents of phentermine, but I'm curious as to its cognitive effects and how it would compare to say...adderall and ephedrine?

Also interested to hear if you could compare these same effects between phentermine and sibutramine.

This isn't limited to D, would like to hear anyone's input if you've got some expereince with these.
Sibutramine is more of an SNRI. Amphetamine acts more to enhance release of NE, plus it's a mild MAOI too. Amph is superior for depressive states IMO, but Sib can still serve it's purpose for weight loss. The molecule looks nasty though and I'd bet it induces it's own metabolism with that electronegative para Cl on the ring. I have never used it, but I'd say it's probably kinda dirty, like Wellbutrin is with that N-butyl sub or any tertiary amine would be, not to mention the additional serotonergic component.

As for Ephedrine, too much beta activity and not enough CNS effect to make a great anti-depressant, but good for appetite suppression and metabolic elevation that promotes weight loss.

Phentermine is very well suited for weight loss, but the crash and burn effect is one of the worst in this whole category of PEA derived adrenergics.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Sibutramine is more of an SNRI. Amphetamine acts more to enhance release of NE, plus it's a mild MAOI too. Amph is superior for depressive states IMO, but Sib can still serve it's purpose for weight loss. The molecule looks nasty though and I'd bet it induces it's own metabolism with that electronegative para Cl on the ring. I have never used it, but I'd say it's probably kinda dirty, like Wellbutrin is with that N-butyl sub or any tertiary amine would be, not to mention the additional serotonergic component.

As for Ephedrine, too much beta activity and not enough CNS effect to make a great anti-depressant, but good for appetite suppression and metabolic elevation that promotes weight loss.

Phentermine is very well suited for weight loss, but the crash and burn effect is one of the worst in this whole category of PEA derived adrenergics.
Interesting. I've tried wellbutrin in the past and wasn't all that impressed. I'm mainly looking for something to help in the cognitive dept moreso than fatloss/appetite supression.

So far, the best compound that I've used for studying had to be focalin (Dexmethylphenidate), the d-isomer of ritalin. A close second would be adderall. I've never had the opportunity to give ritalin a shot however.

A very good legal option that I've experimented with is a combination of Geranamine + pseudoephedrine. I've found this to be the closest legal alternative to adderall that I've found. Unfortunately, the geranamine crash has got to be the worst out of anything that I've tried.

jamesatba

jamesatba

Awards
be carefull with adderall,just because it's not as strong as,let's say METH!!!!!!!!,doesn't mean it not a very strong simulant.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's a poor choice for weightloss.

OpKang101

OpKang101

Awards
i actually use this stuff, and adderall in my opinion
is better kept for studying than anything else.

I have had NO appetite supression from this.

Adderall is really overhyped in my opinion, isnt nearly as great as people say.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
That guy's on a soapbox. Adderal is not that bad. They've been giving amphetamines to little 6 year old kids for over half a century now. I personally took 60-90mg/d Adderal for about 11 straight years. I do have one regret, I should have never stopped! It works wonders on depression and makes you highly productive too. If anything, it greatly enhanced my cognitive functions.

Just curious how does that make sense to say he's on a soapbox. Not saying your 100% wrong but please include a pubmed studies showing me how it doesn't cause damage overtime. I know a few friends who haven't been as lucky as you.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Just curious how does that make sense to say he's on a soapbox. Not saying your 100% wrong but please include a pubmed studies showing me how it doesn't cause damage overtime. I know a few friends who haven't been as lucky as you.
The studies abound I'm sure, but I can only speak with confidence from personal experience. My estimation of another's motives are subjective and speculative in this case.

All I know is that my doctor monitored me for the entire length of my treatments, and there was never any perceivable toxicity or alarming blood work results with this product. I have been off of Adderall for about 5 years now with no signs of long-standing damage or detriment. Perhaps your friends did not apply it properly, or used it for off-label purposes without a skilled doctor to supervise them? If used responsibly by a person who actually needs it to treat a medical condition, it can obviously be used safely and do a lot of good for the patient, or the FDA would not risk the liability of it's reintroduction. I don't think we would have seen the Ritalin era and resurgence of prescribed amphetamines (Adderall) had any long-term sequela been noted from the early decades of it clinical use.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Loss of libido? Where did you figure that out? Gaining 60lbs? Wow that's weird. It's a potent appetite supressant why would he gain weight?

You sound like one of those ESPN news casters talking about steroids.
Loss of libido is common in males, says my dr., which is why I won't take it despite a recommendation. The tweeker effects are also only present in people who don't need it medicinally, in people who would actually benefit from it, the effects people might abuse the drug for don't occur. Also another reason for me not to take it.
If you need it, you'll end up with a limp noodle, an increasingly aloof personality, and better mental focus. The trade off isn't worth it imo.

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
Interesting. I've tried wellbutrin in the past and wasn't all that impressed. I'm mainly looking for something to help in the cognitive dept moreso than fatloss/appetite supression.

So far, the best compound that I've used for studying had to be focalin (Dexmethylphenidate), the d-isomer of ritalin. A close second would be adderall. I've never had the opportunity to give ritalin a shot however.

A very good legal option that I've experimented with is a combination of Geranamine + pseudoephedrine. I've found this to be the closest legal alternative to adderall that I've found. Unfortunately, the geranamine crash has got to be the worst out of anything that I've tried.

Im on a 10mg dose of Focalin and it isnt doing anything for my ADD/AHAD or depression... nothing... im going to speak with my doc to bump up to 20mg or switch me to something else. Anyone have any ideas besides Addheral

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's a poor choice for weightloss.
I think its better than many OTC options...ephedra, yohimbine, etc. Adderall doesn't cause the peripheral side effects that these compounds do.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
i actually use this stuff, and adderall in my opinion
is better kept for studying than anything else.

I have had NO appetite supression from this.

Adderall is really overhyped in my opinion, isnt nearly as great as people say.
Adderall on its own doesnt do much for me. Mix it with 200mg of caffeine though and its a whole different story. Add in some nicotine gum and you've got yourself one hell of a combo.