A pouch? In belly button area? bloat or fat?

tommyboy

Awards
I recently have figured out that I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) It can cause bloating. My stomach kind of extends near the bely button area and it is very displeasing to look at. I can't tell though whether its fat or just bloat from my IBS. I never have been fat ( you can still see my abs) I just thought maybe it formed from increasing my calories really high and to fast. And that was the result. If thats the case how long would I have to cut to lost my little pouch? Im not fat anywhere else...........

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to let you know, I have IBS also. I have had it for years. Try not to eat anything spicey. Keep it bland!. Also increase your fiber intake.

tommyboy

Awards
Nice someone else in the same boat. Can you tell me how you found out about your IBS + did you ever take any medications for it or go to the doctor? I Havent really been able to even bulk because of it Is there any "tricks you do so your stomach doesnt get upset takeing in tons of calories. I mean I think mine is going wild because Im takeing in 3500 calories a day.......

Just to let you know, I have IBS also. I have had it for years. Try not to eat anything spicey. Keep it bland!. Also increase your fiber intake.

tommyboy

Awards
oh yea and do you have bad bloating problems?

Nice someone else in the same boat. Can you tell me how you found out about your IBS + did you ever take any medications for it or go to the doctor? I Havent really been able to even bulk because of it Is there any "tricks you do so your stomach doesnt get upset takeing in tons of calories. I mean I think mine is going wild because Im takeing in 3500 calories a day.......

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to take dicyclomine(sp?) for it. Also yeah I used to have a lot of bloat problems. I found out about it because I was having pain in my belly, bloating, stomach ache, alternating constipation and diarhea. Also I have blood to this day when I wipe my ass. Probally too much information for ya!. I went to the doctor to have a colonoscopy. They said theres nothing wrong its just irritated - irritable bowel syndrome. You just have to learn what types of foods bother you. In general though, just stay away from really spicey foods, milk, anything thats processed, most dairy products except yogert. Also don't eat large meals. Eat smallers meals that are more bland. Stay away from anything known to cause upset stomach or gas.

tommyboy

Awards
what do you mean bland and how many meals a day do you eat?? 6-7-8?? and how many cals a day is your max or have you gotten to the point where u are ok at anything?

I used to take dicyclomine(sp?) for it. Also yeah I used to have a lot of bloat problems. I found out about it because I was having pain in my belly, bloating, stomach ache, alternating constipation and diarhea. Also I have blood to this day when I wipe my ass. Probally too much information for ya!. I went to the doctor to have a colonoscopy. They said theres nothing wrong its just irritated - irritable bowel syndrome. You just have to learn what types of foods bother you. In general though, just stay away from really spicey foods, milk, anything thats processed, most dairy products except yogert. Also don't eat large meals. Eat smallers meals that are more bland. Stay away from anything known to cause upset stomach or gas.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
By bland I just mean very plain. I usually eat 6 small meals a day. It doesn't take much calories for me to bulk up. I'm an endo so "bulking" isn't really a problem. I never had the need to go over 3500. Also you might want to try some digestive aid type supplements. Also regular pinapple helps to digetion and you could also try pepermint oil capsules. There are some other supplements I used to take but I forget the names.

tommyboy

Awards
why did u quit takeing them?

By bland I just mean very plain. I usually eat 6 small meals a day. It doesn't take much calories for me to bulk up. I'm an endo so "bulking" isn't really a problem. I never had the need to go over 3500. Also you might want to try some digestive aid type supplements. Also regular pinapple helps to digetion and you could also try pepermint oil capsules. There are some other supplements I used to take but I forget the names.

merllin_2000

Awards
hey tommyboy, about increaseing your calorie intake try some weight gainer's. beverly international has some called Mass Maker, that is pretty good but also a little pricey. As far as what T-bone is telling is on the money, except sometimes i can get away with eating spicy foods as long as my stomach is not feeling irritable. If it is though i stay far away from them.

tommyboy

Awards
See that is what I was just getting too....... How can I use a weight gainer if I cannot drink milk???? (milk is bad w/ IBS) Or have you tried them in cold water? Merlin do you ever use any gainers? And im kinda scared that im a tad bit allergic to whey. Meaning I would have to use whey isolate powders and im assuming they dont make any gainers with just isolate. Argh what a predicament. I really could use a gainer for drinking while im in class/ on the run......... any suggestions?

hey tommyboy, about increaseing your calorie intake try some weight gainer's. beverly international has some called Mass Maker, that is pretty good but also a little pricey. As far as what T-bone is telling is on the money, except sometimes i can get away with eating spicy foods as long as my stomach is not feeling irritable. If it is though i stay far away from them.

merllin_2000

Awards
I do use weight gainers, with no problems. I usually mix all of my stuff with water when i am at work, gym, or etc.. I do use 1% milk when i am at home but milk doesnt mess with me to much, but i do drink it in moderation. As far as ibs, it is different for everyone as far as what they can eat or drink. I suggest that you try some weight gainer, but make sure that it's from some place that will take it back if you cant use it, that way you dont lose your money. What i usually do is carry to shakers with me all day with the powder's in it, then when i want to drink them i use my gallon jug of water and mix them, then i refill it with water to help wash it out and drink it, cause protein powder drinks can get kinda ripe sitting around all day.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
why did u quit takeing them?
Well, because after awhile of having IBS you start to understand what you can and can not eat. You just avoid the foods that bother you the most. Some people have more constipation, some have more diarhea, some people have excessive bloating. Its all part of it. Also something these symptoms alternate. This is why its a good idea to take a fiber supplement even though I say to avoid foods that cause gas...Its just to keep you regulated!. I don't always get my fiber in, which is a bad thing on my part. It is easiest though for me to find a good fiber supplement so you can get all your fiber in. 25-30 grams is the RDA but you may need more than that depending on how many calories you take in and also your type of IBS. Some times I hardly take in any fiber and I'm in the bathroom 4-6 times a day!. Its unpredictable like that!.

tommyboy

Awards
haha, sounds fun! Man my stomach goes CRAZY everytime I take an advil. Do your guyses stomach hate advil or other medications. I dont know what to do when I get horrible neck/ headaches its just a trade off......

Well, because after awhile of having IBS you start to understand what you can and can not eat. You just avoid the foods that bother you the most. Some people have more constipation, some have more diarhea, some people have excessive bloating. Its all part of it. Also something these symptoms alternate. This is why its a good idea to take a fiber supplement even though I say to avoid foods that cause gas...Its just to keep you regulated!. I don't always get my fiber in, which is a bad thing on my part. It is easiest though for me to find a good fiber supplement so you can get all your fiber in. 25-30 grams is the RDA but you may need more than that depending on how many calories you take in and also your type of IBS. Some times I hardly take in any fiber and I'm in the bathroom 4-6 times a day!. Its unpredictable like that!.

tommyboy

Awards
They doc also mentioned something about maybe haveing a thyroid problem what is that and will that have a big impact on my bnodybuilding?

haha, sounds fun! Man my stomach goes CRAZY everytime I take an advil. Do your guyses stomach hate advil or other medications. I dont know what to do when I get horrible neck/ headaches its just a trade off......

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
They doc also mentioned something about maybe haveing a thyroid problem what is that and will that have a big impact on my bnodybuilding?

your thyroid, I have a under active, and I am on synthyroid, 1.75mg a day ......Mine dosent work, well didn't........One of my MANY Issues......but with the medication it helps alot.....I also go for blood work every 3 months to keep my TSH levels in check.....other things that you may have happen are....tired, weight gain or loss, hair thinning,moody, etc...every one is different and not everyone has the same things happen to them.......!!!! as for a life of BB, once under control and depending on hypo or hyper, depends on how hard things will come to you........and how hard your willing to work for a goal.........

Def get this checked out, and for thr IBS, have that to...LOL Its a wonder i am alive......try if you need milk, a lactaid....it helps me more than you can belive.....

good luck

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was at a health food store the other day getting some olive oil. I saw a bunch of supplements in their for IBS if you want to try them. I just deal with whatever symptoms I have and try not to eat things that give me symptoms. There is also something called "equalactin". I'm not sure of the spelling but its available at most drugstores and its for IBS.