LOL Evan Centopani: The underbelly of the "supplement" industry. lol

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like Evan, clip was kinda funny too….But man I gave up on ‘animal’ a long time ago.
Anything I want by them, I can find less expensive and importantly, non-prop-blend.

J

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like Evan, clip was kinda funny too….But man I gave up on ‘animal’ a long time ago.
Anything I want by them, I can find less expensive and importantly, non-prop-blend.
animal whey and animal flex are both awesome

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got to admit , their apparel is my sort of apparel.
Agreed. Love the Animal apparel. I went to the The Cage in Columbus, OH at the Arnold Expo and grabbed a free t-shirt. I wear that T weekly for workout or just casual.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Animal may sometimes get knocked around here for using prop blends and things like that (which I'm not a fan of either) but at least you know with them they are compliant and you're getting what the label says.

I have never even seen Animal apparel in real life so I can't comment on that haha. To be in the supplement industry, I wear very little supplement type apparel; even of our stuff, I'll occasionally wear the shirts. The only thing I wear a lot of is we did a trial run of jerseys that I really like and I wear those a lot. I hope that's something we can eventually do a large run of and offer people.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agreed. Love the Animal apparel. I went to the The Cage in Columbus, OH at the Arnold Expo and grabbed a free t-shirt. I wear that T weekly for workout or just casual.
Will always have a soft spot for Animal, as they were the first ones that really welcomed me into the iron family. Their employees and athletes were always very approachable and down to earth, even though many were massive monsters. The Cage and ABC events were always awesome.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will say to this day I still use the Animal shakers that had a screen that blocks ice when you drink so your not spitting out ice every sip like these stupid blender bottle garbage(can you tell I don't like them) they were mix boys and made in Germany. Those suckers have been going through the dishwasher since the early 2000's and are still 100% leakproof. They are pop-top so people used to complain about that but there is an easy trick to them. It will be a sad day when they finally give up on me.

On their shirts: I like the logo but at some point, they switched from a 50/50 blend to 100 cotton and like EVERY COTTON I HAVE EVER OWNED they shrink length-wise disproportionately to width so it ends up looking like sponge bobs shirt. I LOATH 100% cotton. I have one of their heavy-duty gym bags, circa 2002ish, and it still works to this day and I carry way too much in it to the gym lol.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Will always have a soft spot for Animal, as they were the first ones that really welcomed me into the iron family. Their employees and athletes were always very approachable and down to earth, even though many were massive monsters. The Cage and ABC events were always awesome.
Same here. They were one of the first supplement companies I actually used more than one of their products back in the day. A lot of well known sponsored athletes as well.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Same here. They were one of the first supplement companies I actually used more than one of their products back in the day. A lot of well known sponsored athletes as well.
I know this matters little to many these days, which is sad but a topic perhaps for another day, but I appreciate the fact that they are still owned by the same family that started the company in 1977. If it comes down to two equally quality products and one is made by Universal(privately owned) vs ON (owned by Glanbia) that is an easy choice for me.

Being in the retail side of the business for 22+ years I can have a different way of looking at some of these companies vs the end consumer but suffice it to say Universal has never, IMO, stabbed us in the back/forgot who made them to begin with. Yes some of their formulas could be improved but that goes for almost every company and they do make, once again IMO, some quality products like Animal Pro Pump and various others.

Their Uni-liver is the best dog treat money can buy IMO short of making your own and my pups LOVE THEM!

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
I know this matters little to many these days, which is sad but a topic perhaps for another day, but I appreciate the fact that they are still owned by the same family that started the company in 1977. If it comes down to two equally quality products and one is made by Universal(privately owned) vs ON (owned by Glanbia) that is an easy choice for me.

Being in the retail side of the business for 22+ years I can have a different way of looking at some of these companies vs the end consumer but suffice it to say Universal has never, IMO, stabbed us in the back/forgot who made them to begin with. Yes some of their formulas could be improved but that goes for almost every company and they do make, once again IMO, some quality products like Animal Pro Pump and various others.

Their Uni-liver is the best dog treat money can buy IMO short of making your own and my pups LOVE THEM!
Man I've worked for a "Shoppe" that sells "Vitamin" for 4.5 years, and I couldn't agree more. Animal/Universal has always treated us so well. Really cool people who do genuinely care about their consumers and their products. I could do without the prop blends and some of their products are definitely more expensive than they realistically should be, I trust the hell out of them and that says a lot after working with supplements for so long. M-stak was my first real muscle building supplement and to this day I still grab a can here and there and run it just for the nostalgia, and it still makes me just as hungry and put on mass a bit faster.

As they've updated formulas I've come to like them a lot more though. Many of their formulas are on dated science, but Flex will forever be one of the best joint supports out there. There are other cheaper formulas that are loaded, but from experience, nothing makes my joints feel as good as that stuff does. I don't often use their stuff just due to price (and being an ASM of a retail store doesn't do much more than pay the bills lol) Now that its a side gig for me and I'm in my actual career, I plan to go back to running Flex.

On the apparel, I have a white tank, 2 of the military Pak shirts, a red shirt, yellow shirt, 2 black shirts, and a beanie and I absolutely love them.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh really?! I may have to get some and let my dog try!:LOL:

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh really?! I may have to get some and let my dog try!:LOL:
The Uni-liver is great and so are the beef aminos. We make our dog's food, basically, they eat what I eat: pork, chicken, beef, fish, turkey, and protein powder. Carbs: rice, oats, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and fruits/veggies. They get dinovite, turmeric, fish oil and calcium citrate. The Uni-liver is also a great source of calcium which is one of the downfalls for human use as it really limits the number one should take per day. This is also my complaint about Pak as very few of us need an additional 2grams of calcium from our multi.

I would love to tweak their formulas ever so slightly as they really would be some of the best with slight changes here and there. If you are listening Universal I am available for very reasonable rates lol.

I do LOVE the bennies as well.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The Uni-liver is great and so are the beef aminos. We make our dog's food, basically, they eat what I eat: pork, chicken, beef, fish, turkey, and protein powder. Carbs: rice, oats, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and fruits/veggies. They get dinovite, turmeric, fish oil and calcium citrate. The Uni-liver is also a great source of calcium which is one of the downfalls for human use as it really limits the number one should take per day. This is also my complaint about Pak as very few of us need an additional 2grams of calcium from our multi.

I would love to tweak their formulas ever so slightly as they really would be some of the best with slight changes here and there. If you are listening Universal I am available for very reasonable rates lol.

I do LOVE the bennies as well.
I do that for my dog every once in awhile. Mainly if she has an upset stomach. I need to start feeding her those meals all the time so she can start the female dog physique class ;)

S

stuffstuff89

Awards

Universal has always had that hardcore old school vibe when I see their products in the wild. Makes you miss some of the og’s and the og products.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Universal has always had that hardcore old school vibe when I see their products in the wild. Makes you miss some of the og’s and the og products.
Agreed. I think Frank McGrath and Evan C. made it feel old school bodybuilding to. I think they both have that blocky old school build as well.