A couple of new studies on vasodilation. Epicatechin bad, Nitrosigine/CM good.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've had some of the best pumps/vascularity while on epicatechin.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The most surprising part was they were able to find people willing to complete Crossfit Open 15.5 three times. :sick:🤮

Serious note though thanks for the links. 👍

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don t know cross fit that well is a crossit open is a hard thing? The complete one and the next day another one with epi and got no increase in performance. If it ia s a hard workout, back to back day a decrease in performance should be expected?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don t know cross fit that well is a crossit open is a hard thing? The complete one and the next day another one with epi and got no increase in performance. If it ia s a hard workout, back to back day a decrease in performance should be expected?
It noted they completed the workout 5-7 days apart.

In an individual sense the workout isn't so much that it would really hamper recovery (I mean it could but it also took them 10-15 minutes or so) and during the Open many Crossfit athletes may repeat a workout in a short time frame (1-2 days apart, some higher level maybe daily).

I meant more in the fact that if you actually go all out in that workout it is absolutely miserable. I wouldn't want to re-do it, let alone go for a third time in three weeks.

My comment probably also has very little importance on the overall effects noted (or lacking) and was just tongue in cheek, but again it is always good to see more studies done on things.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Saw Suppversity post this.

I've personally enjoyed my epicatechin runs. IDK about extra pumps, but I've always experienced what seemed to be an increase in endurance. Usually in the form of being able to add extra volume. None the less; placebo, N=1 and all that good ****.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe the results would have been different if they used transdermal epicatechin instead of oral.