9-MBC

Phildago55

Awards
Spreading lies, misinformation, and bad science. There's more than 1 animal study on 9-MBC.
Lol no, bad science is putting on a Shiva helmet and pretending psychic powers exist.

Are you talking about the antitumor study?

Bad science is also generalizing everything to make an argument and then speaking as if the things you say are facts. Its not what scientists do and it's not how they speak. You can't just extrapolate what you want to from studies.

If there was a single shred of evidence indicating safety of this compound I'd buy it and use it. However, there is not. They looked at dopinergic neurons only. You can't determine safety based on a single cell line. That'd be similar to putting methylated steroids in a culture with muscle cells and saying "look it's not liver toxic, it makes the muscle cells grow and proliferate"

You can't ****ing do that. It's so simple and that's how I know that you're simple minded and not a scientist. You're posing as one, but you're not one.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Lol no, bad science is putting on a Shiva helmet and pretending psychic powers exist.

Are you talking about the antitumor study?

Bad science is also generalizing everything to make an argument and then speaking as if the things you say are facts. Its not what scientists do and it's not how they speak. You can't just extrapolate what you want to from studies.

If there was a single shred of evidence indicating safety of this compound I'd buy it and use it. However, there is not. They looked at dopinergic neurons only. You can't determine safety based on a single cell line. That'd be similar to putting methylated steroids in a culture with muscle cells and saying "look it's not liver toxic, it makes the muscle cells grow and proliferate"

You can't ****ing do that. It's so simple and that's how I know that you're simple minded and not a scientist. You're posing as one, but you're not one.
Seems like you know alot about psychics I'm not surprised you're a ****ing headcase.

No see you don't even know what animal studies there are yet you're claiming there's only 1? You're just a poor liar and/or a bad researcher.

Animal studies show it's neuroprotective and neuroregenerative. That's a fact.

You're an embarrassment and I've let this go on enough wasting my time. I'm informed the owners to remove you and any other names you post as.. Now stay banned and go be an annoying little idiot elsewhere.

Phildago55

Awards
Seems like you know alot about psychics I'm not surprised you're a ****ing headcase.

No see you don't even know what animal studies there are yet you're claiming there's only 1? You're just a poor liar and/or a bad researcher.

Animal studies show it's neuroprotective and neuroregenerative. That's a fact.

You're an embarrassment and I've let this go on enough wasting my time. I'm informed the owners to remove you and any other names you post as.. Now stay banned and go be an annoying little idiot elsewhere.
To be honest, it will feel good to be banned for fighting for critical thinking.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm referring to it's mode of action being superior. He asked how it worked and how they compare.

I'm using it so I can compare them head on. You can wait a lifetime for more studies (there isn't that many for noopept or phenylpiracetam) or try it and determine for yourself if it's worth it. No one is being forced to take this. There are also millions of chemicals in food that's never been studied by itself in humans...I'm not really worried about them.
The MoA may be superior in theory, or maybe even in rodents, but are we even sure it’ll even pan out in healthy human subjects? I’m not trying to knock the product, just be objective. I’m not saying that the lack of studies show that it’s dangerous, just that I don’t know if there’s really enough research to say so conclusively/plainly that it’s far superior. Again, I’m not saying that the product is dangerous and/or doesn’t work, only that I don’t know if it’s exactly accurate to state so plainly/finally/simply that it’s far superior, as that seems to give a false (according to actual research) sense of knowledge/evidence that just isn’t there, at least not yet.

Phildago55

Awards
The MoA may be superior in theory, or maybe even in rodents, but are we even sure it’ll even pan out in healthy human subjects? I’m not trying to knock the product, just be objective. I’m not saying that the lack of studies show that it’s dangerous, just that I don’t know if there’s really enough research to say so conclusively/plainly that it’s far superior. Again, I’m not saying that the product is dangerous and/or doesn’t work, only that I don’t know if it’s exactly accurate to state so plainly/finally/simply that it’s far superior, as that seems to give a false (according to actual research) sense of knowledge/evidence that just isn’t there, at least not yet.
Even I'm not saying it's dangerous. We just don't actually know yet.

However, there is no reason it wouldnt be as effective as it is in rodents. At the cellular level humans are very similar to rodents. This could be an effective treatment for Parkinson's disease. The dopamine system rapidly adapts to change though, so in a healthy adult the effects would likely be short lived.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
The MoA may be superior in theory, or maybe even in rodents, but are we even sure it’ll even pan out in healthy human subjects? I’m not trying to knock the product, just be objective. I’m not saying that the lack of studies show that it’s dangerous, just that I don’t know if there’s really enlightened research to say so conclusively/plainly that it’s far superior. Again, I’m not saying that the product is dangerous and/or doesn’t work, only that I don’t know if it’s exactly accurate to state so plainly/finally/simply that it’s far superior, as that seems to give a false (according to actual research) sense of knowledge/evidence that just isn’t there, at least not yet.
It's not theory in animals. No one can speak conclusively about the effects of most chemicals must less FDA approved ones like nsaids that only after decades we found out they increased heart attacks and strokes. There's always a risk in everything we do even the foods we eat. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I would say a neurogenesis inducing chemical has far more potential and in terms of end cognitive results a better or superior approach than taking glutamate and ach agonists/pams. It would vary on the person but just speaking in general comparing the modes of action. Neurogenesis factually decreases with age and it needs to be addressed with whatever options are available.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not theory in animals. No one can speak conclusively about the effects of most chemicals must less FDA approved ones like nsaids that only after decades we found out they increase heart attacks and strokes. There's always a risk in everything we do even the foods we eat. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I would say a neurogenesis inducing chemical has far more potential and in terms of end cognitive results a better or superior approach than taking glutamate and ach agonists/pams. It would vary on the person but just speaking in general comparing the modes of action. Neurogenesis factually decreases with age and it needs to be addressed with whatever options are available.
Did you read my post beyond the first few words? I said maybe even in rodents, which I’m pretty sure are animals. Not everything that pans out in animals pans out in humans, and not even everything that pans out in one population pans out in all populations. I’m not saying it’s dangerous, or not to try it if you have the money, only that your definite/conclusive/unqualified statement seems to be, if nothing else, premature.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Did you read my post beyond the first few words? I said maybe even in rodents, which I’m pretty sure are animals. Not everything that pans out in animals pans out in humans, and not even everything that pans out in one population pans out in all populations. I’m not saying it’s dangerous, or not to try it if you have the money, only that your definite/conclusive/unqualified statement seems to be, if nothing else, premature.
Yes and I never said it works in humans. I stand by my statement based on it's mode of action and my own experience I consider it superior to glutamate/Ach agonist/pams. You certainly could have a difference experience. Not sure what your point is.

Why do you feel glutamate/Ach agonist/pams like the ones you listed are superior to neurogenesis inducers? Have you compared both?

Phildago55

Awards
Yes and I never said it works in humans. I stand by my statement based on it's mode of action and my own experience I consider it superior to glutamate/Ach agonist/pams. You certainly could have a difference experience. Not sure what your point is.
His point is that you extrapolate and make a lot of grand statements.

Kind of like the assumption that we need to boost neurogenesis however we can...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My point is that I don’t think it’s exactly responsible to tell someone flat out that it’s superior to other nootropic ingredients when we don’t even know if it’ll do anything for humans. It seems like it’d be preferable, at least in terms of accuracy, to say that the MoA is more promising or superior, or even animal research is more promising, but anything beyond that is a hypothesis, and probably shouldn’t be presented as a conclusive/absolute statement.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
My point is that I don’t think it’s exactly responsible to tell someone flat out that it’s superior to other nootropic ingredients when we don’t even know if it’ll do anything for humans. It seems like it’d be preferable, at least in terms of accuracy, to say that the MoA is more promising or superior, or even animal research is more promising, but anything beyond that is a hypothesis, and probably shouldn’t be presented as a conclusive/absolute statement.
It's not irresponsible to express an opinion on the chemical you've research and taken. No more than people who recommended certain foods that have never been clinically studied in humans short or long term. I really don't care how someone chooses to perceive my statements. I know it works for me and other people should have right to try it. I would encourage and recommend anyone interested in it's potential effects to try it and find out for themselves. That is the only way anyone will ever know for sure what if any effects it has for them.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not irresponsible to express an opinion on the chemical you've research and taken. No more than people who recommended certain foods that have never been clinically studied in humans short or long term. I really don't care how someone chooses to perceive my statements. I know it works for me and other people should have right to try it. I would encourage and recommend anyone interested in it's potential effects to try it and find out for themselves. That is the only way anyone will ever know for sure what if any effects it has for them.
We’ve both made our opinions clear. I’m not going to beat a dead horse, and I’m not even disagreeing with most of what you’re saying, or telling people not to try it out.

However, comparing an experimental/research nootropic to a “food” that hasn’t been clinically researched is asinine. For one, because foods have a long history of being consumed safely, and two, because we typically consume food for taste and/or nutrition, not for nootropic effects.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
We’ve both made our opinions clear. I’m not going to beat a dead horse, and I’m not even disagreeing with most of what you’re saying, or telling people not to try it out.

However, comparing an experimental/research nootropic to a “food” that hasn’t been clinically researched is asinine. For one, because foods have a long history of being consumed safely, and two, because we typically consume food for taste and/or nutrition, not for nootropic effects.
Yes but factually there are chemicals in foods we eat and that are sold that contain toxic or potentially dangerous chemicals is my point. Many have not been properly or thoroughly researched and could potentially be hurting people.

I think it's weird people drink and eat toxins in amounts they don't measure or are even aware of but are not concerned over those rather than a chemical that's shown positive effects in animals.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes but factually there are chemicals in foods we eat and that are sold that contain toxic or potentially dangerous chemicals is my point. I think it's weird people drink and eat toxins but are not concerned over those rather than a chemical that's shown positive effects in animals.
Again, I’m not even making any argument or statements that it’s dangerous/unsafe at all, only that it is far from “proven” effective in healthy humans. I think we’re going in circles here at this point. Anyone reading this thread can read both our posts and go from there.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Again, I’m not even making any argument or statements that it’s dangerous/unsafe at all, only that it is far from “proven” effective in healthy humans. I think we’re going in circles here at this point. Anyone reading this thread can read both our posts and go from there.
No one said it was proven effective in healthy humans. You seem to be the only one stating that.

It's a novel chemical that works in a way no other does regenerating dopamine producing neurons. People are adults and can research it themselves and decide if they want to try it and potentially benefit from it.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No one said it was proven effective in healthy humans. You seem to be the only one stating that.
I was just responding to your statement that it’s “far superior” (I think that’s the terminology you used) than other nootropic ingredients that have at least some human studies showing they do something, even if it’s not all in healthy young adults. Anyway, I think we’ve already covered this ad nauseam.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hate to say it, but seems this supplement just isn’t for me. I get way too sleepy on it...and also very irritable/angry. It sucks because on paper it looks like a really good product (and has great reviews from others online).

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
I hate to say it, but seems this supplement just isn’t for me. I get way too sleepy on it...and also very irritable/angry. It sucks because on paper it looks like a really good product (and has great reviews from others online).
What dose have you been taking? I haven't noticed any sleep inducing effects at all. More happy, focused, upbeat, driven, etc.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What dose have you been taking? I haven't noticed any sleep inducing effects at all. More happy, focused, upbeat, driven, etc.
Just 15 mg in the morning with water. I always wake up a few hours before the kids get up. Well, since taking this I've been falling back asleep on the sofa an hour later and still very groggy (for another few hours) when my oldest son wakes me up. Mood very angry most of the day.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Just 15 mg in the morning with water. I always wake up a few hours before the kids get up. Well, since taking this I've been falling back asleep on the sofa an hour later and still very groggy (for another few hours) when my oldest son wakes me up. Mood very angry most of the day.
How long did you take it daily like that? You never tried it in the afternoon or a higher dose?

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long did you take it daily like that? You never tried it in the afternoon or a higher dose?
I think it's been 5 days in the morning. I did try a second one later in the evening around 9 pm one time (hoping it would wake me up a bit to get some work done) but it didn't help. I did get amazing sleep that night though. If it wasn't for the affect it has on my mood, I'd probably keep taking it before bed.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
I think it's been 5 days in the morning. I did try a second one later in the evening around 9 pm one time (hoping it would wake me up a bit to get some work done) but it didn't help. I did get amazing sleep that night though. If it wasn't for the affect it has on my mood, I'd probably keep taking it before bed.
Some people may be poor responders to high levels of dopamine in the morning. You're not taking any other psychoactive sups? I wonder if you would respond better at 1-2 caps just before bed to boost your dopamine and HGH at night. Or even just trying 2 caps instead of 1 in the morning.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some people may be poor responders to high levels of dopamine in the morning. You're not taking any other psychoactive sups? I wonder if you would respond better at 1-2 caps just before bed to boost your dopamine and HGH at night. Or even just trying 2 caps instead of 1 in the morning.
Just kratom (2 tsp/day for depression). Maybe that dosing change would help but I'd rather not risk the mood affects anymore with having little ones around. I'm just going to send the remainder of the bottle to someone else on these forums that has wanted to try it. Maybe he'll have better results to post here. I just want to add that I react poorly to a LOT of things, so no one should really use my experience to help decide whether they should give it a try or not.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Just kratom (2 tsp/day for depression). Maybe that dosing change would help but I'd rather not risk the mood affects anymore with having little ones around. I'm just going to send the remainder of the bottle to someone else on these forums that has wanted to try it. Maybe he'll have better results to post here. I just want to add that I react poorly to a LOT of things, so no one should really use my experience to help decide whether they should give it a try or not.
That can definitely be the source of an potential interaction. You have psychoactive tryptamines in kratom combined with the beta carboline like 9-mbc. When combing psychoactives caution is always warranted.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That can definitely be the source of an potential interaction. You have psychoactive tryptamines in kratom combined with the beta carboline like 9-mbc. When combing psychoactives caution is always warranted.
The kratom definitely impacted the results. Two of the mornings I didn't take kratom...I still got sleepy and irritable but it wasn't as bad as the days both were taken.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
The kratom definitely impacted the results. Two of the mornings I didn't take kratom...I still got sleepy and irritable but it wasn't as bad as the days both were taken.
Have you tried any other dopamine acting chemicals to compare the effect? It's how I was able to determine the differences for myself when taking other dopamine enhancers.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried any other dopamine acting chemicals to compare the effect? It's how I was able to determine the differences for myself when taking other dopamine enhancers.
I've tried a lot of things but not sure which ones are strictly dopamine enhancers (plus my memory is terrible, so I've forgotten a lot of what I've tried). Seems like everything I've tried (and remember) has multiple modes of action. So far, only things that have consistantly provided great results on depression and anxiety are modafinil and kratom. Coffee daily (multiple small cups) helps too (mainly with depression). Anything increasing serotonin or gaba makes depression and my daily lethargy significantly worse. It really has been a crap shoot over the years trying to find things that help. On the positive side, I've enjoyed experimenting with different things. :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Have you actually read the studies? One single study has been done looking at the effect of this compound on spatial learning in rats. The rest were all in vitro

Its really amazing how high and mighty ignorance can make people.
Wasn't loling at your comment. Was loling at the fact it is being touted the way it is if there is indeed only a single study.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
I've tried a lot of things but not sure which ones are strictly dopamine enhancers (plus my memory is terrible, so I've forgotten a lot of what I've tried). Seems like everything I've tried (and remember) has multiple modes of action. So far, only things that have consistantly provided great results on depression and anxiety are modafinil and kratom. Coffee daily (multiple small cups) helps too (mainly with depression). Anything increasing serotonin or gaba makes depression and my daily lethargy significantly worse. It really has been a crap shoot over the years trying to find things that help. On the positive side, I've enjoyed experimenting with different things. :)
I would write a list of everything you've tried including doses and look at the modes of action you've covered from there you can see what areas you haven't tried.

With depression so many neurotransmitters can play a role so it's good to narrow down which are involved with your type and increase either the neurotransmitter or receptors involved with depression and mood.

Have you tried PEA type drugs like Ritalin, adderall, pea, deprenyl? Or BDNF type mood boosters like 7,8 DHF?

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would write a list of everything you've tried including doses and look at the modes of action you've covered from there you can see what areas you haven't tried.

With depression so many neurotransmitters can play a role so it's good to narrow down which are involved with your type and increase either the neurotransmitter or receptors involved with depression and mood.

Have you tried PEA type drugs like Ritalin, adderall, pea, deprenyl? Or BDNF type mood boosters like 7,8 DHF?
I'll do that sometime. Will likely need to pull up a long list of variuos supplements/pharmaceuticals to reference and make sure I don't miss anything. Never tried PEA type drugs...always feared the effect on anxiety. Never even heard of 7,8 DHF. Will read up on it though. Thanks.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
I'll do that sometime. Will likely need to pull up a long list of variuos supplements/pharmaceuticals to reference and make sure I don't miss anything. Never tried PEA type drugs...always feared the effect on anxiety. Never even heard of 7,8 DHF. Will read up on it though. Thanks.
PEA itself seems to not increase anxiety but it's possible for ritalin or adderall to unless you used low doses would be great though as it would raise your phenylethylamine levels which are typically low in those depressed and not countered by most sups or drugs.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PEA itself seems to not increase anxiety but it's possible for ritalin or adderall to unless you used low doses would be great though as it would raise your phenylethylamine levels which are typically low in those depressed and not countered by most sups or drugs.
Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll read up on it some more. I briefly checked it out a while back...but then got distracted by another supplement. :)

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll read up on it some more. I briefly checked it out a while back...but then got distracted by another supplement. :)
I like myself like deprenyl for mood but it's very potent and not for everyone. You're welcome. No reason you can't get better if you find the right pathways to alter or enhance.

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
I like myself like deprenyl for mood but it's very potent and not for everyone. You're welcome. No reason you can't get better if you find the right pathways to alter or enhance.
None back on your website yet right?

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
FYI, user NeuroTropic has been banned from the site so he won't be answering anyone's questions in this thread (or continue to try and sneakily sell products via Private Messages here after he decided he did not want to be a board sponsor any longer).

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FYI, user NeuroTropic has been banned from the site so he won't be answering anyone's questions in this thread (or continue to try and sneakily sell products via Private Messages here after he decided he did not want to be a board sponsor any longer).
tyga tyga Studhorse read post above
Ari Gold Admin me and the users that I have tagged are doing a sponsored log for NeuroTropic and the company represented. Which as you said is longer a sponsor and got banned. I'm wondering how you want us to proceed. Should we keep running the sponsored log, to support a company that is no longer a sponsor here, and pretend nothing happened?(more than happy to do so) or what?

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
tyga tyga Studhorse read post above
Ari Gold Admin me and the users that I have tagged are doing a sponsored log for NeuroTropic and the company represented. Which as you said is longer a sponsor and got banned. I'm wondering how you want us to proceed. Should we keep running the sponsored log, to support a company that is no longer a sponsor here, and pretend nothing happened?(more than happy to do so) or what?
Sponsored logs should stop, especially given the fact that he didn’t feel like paying the sponsor fee here but we received reports from users stating he was sending sales links via PM. Very sneaky. I’m usually a pretty laid back and understanding guy but that’s a bit below the belt.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sponsored logs should stop, especially given the fact that he didn’t feel like paying the sponsor fee here but we received reports from users stating he was sending sales links via PM. Very sneaky. I’m usually a pretty laid back and understanding guy but that’s a bit below the belt.
Ok thank you for letting me know

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Word.

Thanks for the tag

Supercellular

Supercellular

Awards
  • Established
Shame he got banned as he seemed to know his stuff but anyway back to the topic at hand....

I’ve been running this for a while, initially with a test booster and for the last 3-4 weeks without and I’ve had an issue which sounds good but isn’t at least for me in my present situation.

Simply, dosing 9-MBC at between 30 and 45mg a day, while I have seen positive nootropic benefits there is one thing I don’t like - it seems to boost my libido up too much.

Now, while some of you might laugh, I found this too much as I found myself getting almost a compulsive desire to watch porn and what that leads to, even neglecting work a little in the evening.

Since I’ve cut back to 15mg I find this isn’t an issue but it reminds me of taking selegiline in the past. Great if I was a pornstar but for me, not good if I’m trying to be productive. It wasn’t just libido either, I also noticed an increase in orgasm strength etc so I definitely think it must be increasing dopamine a touch too high.

Has anyone else experienced this?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Shame he got banned as he seemed to know his stuff but anyway back to the topic at hand....

I’ve been running this for a while, initially with a test booster and for the last 3-4 weeks without and I’ve had an issue which sounds good but isn’t at least for me in my present situation.

Simply, dosing 9-MBC at between 30 and 45mg a day, while I have seen positive nootropic benefits there is one thing I don’t like - it seems to boost my libido up too much.

Now, while some of you might laugh, I found this too much as I found myself getting almost a compulsive desire to watch porn and what that leads to, even neglecting work a little in the evening.

Since I’ve cut back to 15mg I find this isn’t an issue but it reminds me of taking selegiline in the past. Great if I was a pornstar but for me, not good if I’m trying to be productive. It wasn’t just libido either, I also noticed an increase in orgasm strength etc so I definitely think it must be increasing dopamine a touch too high.

Has anyone else experienced this?
if there had been internet porn when I was a teenager I would have never graduated high school, lol....

Supercellular

Supercellular

Awards
  • Established
Curious if anyone else has experienced this? Lol i gotta get a girl.

Phildago55

Awards
Lol NeuroTropic getting banned. That dude was reckless a reckless fraud and conman

Phildago55

Awards
Word.

Thanks for the tag
He absolutely did not know what he was talking about. He had no knowledge depth, and he was pushing his superficial knowledge in a dangerous manner to feed his agenda. I called him out on that several times, and even receive an infraction for it.

I need to catch up on these logs. I was concerned that there may be some toxicity with this compound, but I'm extremely interested in it nonetheless. It has incredible potential if users find it to be safe

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He absolutely did not know what he was talking about. He had no knowledge depth, and he was pushing his superficial knowledge in a dangerous manner to feed his agenda. I called him out on that several times, and even receive an infraction for it.

I need to catch up on these logs. I was concerned that there may be some toxicity with this compound, but I'm extremely interested in it nonetheless. It has incredible potential if users find it to be safe
9mbc, for me, has zero concern on toxicity. The studies on this seem to prove that it's fine. Not all carbolines are dangerous, but they get a bad rap because there are some that are. harmine and most of it's analogs are neuroprotective, 9mbc seems to be the same.

Phildago55

Awards
9mb, for me, has zero concern on toxicity. The studies on this seem to prove that it's fine. Not all carbolines are dangerous, but they get a bad rap because there are some that are. harmine and most of it's analogs are neuroprotective, 9mbc seems to be the same.
It's definitely neuropretective and a trophic factor in dopaminergic cell lines, however there is no evidence that it is not toxic in other cell lines. It is 100% possible that it could have both effects, and there is some evidence for this considering the fact that it kills cancer cells. If it is toxic the mechanisms could be either by inducing premature apoptosis, and also could promote excitotoxicity. Until there is a study looking at heterogeneous cell populations I estimate the probability of it being hazard or benefit being about 50/50.

Just be safe. Don't over-do it, cycle off, and be vigilant about possible side effects.

There's nothing wrong with trying out new compounds, we all do it. We just need to be realistic about it and consider all the factors.

This is my literal field of study. I am a patch clamp electrophysiologist working on mid brain dopaminergic neurotrophic factors in Parkinson's disease.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's definitely neuropretective and a trophic factor in dopaminergic cell lines, however there is no evidence that it is not toxic in other cell lines. It is 100% possible that it could have both effects, and there is some evidence for this considering the fact that it kills cancer cells. If it is toxic the mechanisms could be either by inducing premature apoptosis, and also could promote excitotoxicity. Until there is a study looking at heterogeneous cell populations I estimate the probability of it being hazard or benefit being about 50/50.

Just be safe. Don't over-do it, cycle off, and be vigilant about possible side effects.

There's nothing wrong with trying out new compounds, we all do it. We just need to be realistic about it and consider all the factors.

This is my literal field of study. I am a patch clamp electrophysiologist working on mid brain dopaminergic neurotrophic factors in Parkinson's disease.
Very well could be the case. Although if something is toxic to cancer cells does not mean it's toxic to regular cells. There are countless of things I can think of, ellagic acid, ursolic acid, and ketones just to name a few, are highly toxic to cancer cells, but are very beneficial to healthy cells.

Phildago55

Awards
Very well could be the case. Although if something is toxic to cancer cells does not mean it's toxic to regular cells. There are countless of things I can think of, ellagic acid, ursolic acid, and ketones just to name a few, are highly toxic to cancer cells, but are very beneficial to healthy cells.
Exactly. There is a good chance it is not toxic to other healthy cell lines. Personally, I'm not ready to make the leap into using 9 MBC, but I'm definitely excited to see how people respond to it. If all goes well I would consider a cycle of it.

barrettv

Awards
Have finally decided to order a bottle. Will report on its effects soon :)