Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
wrong...here in Indiana I don't think they sell the reds any longer-meth is popular here...

that is good info on the time release, I didn't know that...I bet the taste is awful though?
I’ll look some time soon when I’m at the store (live in IL). If they have some, I’ll grab a box and mail you some if you like. I never go through ephedrine fast enough to worry about the box a month rule here. Probably buy 2 boxes a year lol.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking good (Big & Powerful) in the before pic !!

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Hey, Congratulations and good luck. Once you get through the carb withdrawal you are going to start feeling great! Never done 7 days myself, but have done 3 plenty. By 36 hours you will feel like a robot you will be functioning so clearly. Kinda gives a really nice buzz too. Cant wait to read this thread! Way to go!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2

Woke up a bit nauseous and brain foggy. Thinking that today I get into ketosis. Have to be cautious. Last time I passed out at work. Will power through.
Late at night, sitting in front of my PC is when the cravings hit. Instead of walking to the fridge, l went looking for my cats. Will interchange behaviour patterns on purpose.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 2

Woke up a bit nauseous and brain foggy. Thinking that today I get into ketosis. Have to be cautious. Last time I passed out at work. Will power through.
Late at night, sitting in front of my PC is when the cravings hit. Instead of walking to the fridge, l went looking for my cats. Will interchange behaviour patterns on purpose.
What time is it now? What's your time zone?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The end is near ... ish. Lol

Stay with it!

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Great job! Going to sleep is always hardest to me. Pick up some of these (there is supposed to be a pic of ketone strips) and youll know if you're in ketosis. They are very empowering.
1550590078608.jpeg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Salt and electrolytes, get enough. Do not overdo water in a glycogen depleted state or you will flush the electrolytes out quickly.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In. No way in hell I could ever do something like this.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ve been fasting a lot lately, dealing with an injury and put on some extra lbs, so figured I would try it out. I’ve been doing 16-24 hour fasts multiple times a week and having great results. I see a huge difference after the 24 hour fasts. I am very interested to see how this works out for you. Also have to say I’m blown away by your pond. Very impressive!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great job! Going to sleep is always hardest to me. Pick up some of these (there is supposed to be a pic of ketone strips) and youll know if you're in ketosis. They are very empowering. View attachment 179700
I live in Bananaland (Paraguay, a country near Narnia). No ketone strips here. :( I will get into ketosis no matter what. Your username, LMAO!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Salt and electrolytes, get enough. Do not overdo water in a glycogen depleted state or you will flush the electrolytes out quickly.
Yep, I'm prepared. At least with supplements -no idea if mentally prepared, LOL.

In. No way in hell I could ever do something like this.
Judging by your avatar pic, you don't need to. I'm the fat fugg here.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ve been fasting a lot lately, dealing with an injury and put on some extra lbs, so figured I would try it out. I’ve been doing 16-24 hour fasts multiple times a week and having great results. I see a huge difference after the 24 hour fasts. I am very interested to see how this works out for you. Also have to say I’m blown away by your pond. Very impressive!
Did intermittent fasting for a few month prior, with a 3 hour feeding window. Everything is like before -I only miss the 3 hours of feeding. :) Hehehe!

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did intermittent fasting for a few month prior, with a 3 hour feeding window. Everything is like before -I only miss the 3 hours of feeding. :) Hehehe!
Did you make any dietary changes leading up to this fast? I've always wanted to do a water fast, but a lot of people say you need to go vegan for a few months beforehand, and I'm definitely not doing that.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did you make any dietary changes leading up to this fast? I've always wanted to do a water fast, but a lot of people say you need to go vegan for a few months beforehand, and I'm definitely not doing that.
Don't need to go vegan first, that would make it worse. If anything, lower carbs, up the fat intake before a fast. That will make you insulin sensetive, and better able to handle low blood sugar levels prior to a extended fast.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't need to go vegan first, that would make it worse. If anything, lower carbs, up the fat intake before a fast. That will make you insulin sensetive, and better able to handle low blood sugar levels prior to a extended fast.
ValiantThor08 nailed it. I started low carb two days prior. This will help getting me in ketosis faster. I'm a bit wary about low blood sugar. Now watching out for fainting spells.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ValiantThor08 nailed it. I started low carb two days prior. This will help getting me in ketosis faster. I'm a bit wary about low blood sugar. Now watching out for fainting spells.
It will pass. After day 3, the body will be like, "this guy ain't giving us sugar, get better at using fat".

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you do some HIIT, you will speed up the process, and be pretty exhausted. Dont forget to up KSM66 dose, your cortisol levels are heightened.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can imagine. For me the first 4-5 hours are the worst, then I am just simply not thinking of food. But when I do break the fast sometimes the hunger is unreal... sometimes I feel like I should just keep riding it out, which I why I’m curious to see where you wind up results wise. Also did you consider just dropping to trt dose since your not training?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you do some HIIT, you will speed up the process, and be pretty exhausted. Dont forget to up KSM66 dose, your cortisol levels are heightened.
Not using anything for cortisol control -nor appetite suppressants. But some gear :) . That should balance it out somewhat.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not using anything for cortisol control -nor appetite suppressants. But some gear :) . That should balance it out somewhat.
Gear help cortisol control lol?! Hope you are able to fall asleep well.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can imagine. For me the first 4-5 hours are the worst, then I am just simply not thinking of food. But when I do break the fast sometimes the hunger is unreal... sometimes I feel like I should just keep riding it out, which I why I’m curious to see where you wind up results wise. Also did you consider just dropping to trt dose since your not training?
I started NPP a few weeks ago. 300mg/w test with 300mg/w NPP . It is a mild dosing protocol and perfect for retaining muscles while fasting, I guess.
This cycle will be at least 12 weeks long, after that its TRT time. Want to get first to 15%BF (or lower), stay at this percentage for awhile, until I'm sure I can keep the new physique, before fiddling with the dosage.

At almost 51 my metabolism and insulin sensitivity sucks azz. I managed to hold my weight for a year now -but was unable to successfully cut the last 5% of BF to get to see my abs.

Last time I was 15% BF were 28 years ago. I'm worried about not being able to keep the fat off after the fast. Dropping my roid use to the lowest could destroy all my effort. I'm not as disciplined as others and hate to count cals.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gear help cortisol control lol?! Hope you are able to fall asleep well.
My bro-science: Cortisol = catabolic / gear = anabolic :)

Thing is, I don't live where you live. I cant get any fancy supplement here. I would love to follow your suggestion and take KSM66. By the time it gets here (3 weeks) I'm already done with the fast.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ve been fasting a lot lately, dealing with an injury and put on some extra lbs....
What is the perceived effect of fasting for healing in your case?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My bro-science: Cortisol = catabolic / gear = anabolic :)

Thing is, I don't live where you live. I cant get any fancy supplement here. I would love to follow your suggestion and take KSM66. By the time it gets here (3 weeks) I'm already done with the fast.
Right, muscle preserving. However, cortisol raises on a fast making it more difficult to fall asleep, and stay asleep. Unfortunate that they don't have the same supplements in other countries.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right, muscle preserving. However, cortisol raises on a fast making it more difficult to fall asleep, and stay asleep. Unfortunate that they don't have the same supplements in other countries.
Do you know any natural supplement for cortisol control (I'm too lazy to google)? Maybe I have some stashed away.
On the other hand, staying awake burns more calories ;)

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
I live in Bananaland (Paraguay, a country near Narnia). No ketone strips here. :( I will get into ketosis no matter what. Your username, LMAO!
You'll know when you're in a deep ketosis even with out them as extreme as you're going. Man, I almost feel like charity mailing you some though

Be careful with going on such long term fasts as some hormones(leptin) need carbs to make and that's the hormone that tells your body it's ok to burn stored fat, so your fast would be miserable and less effective if you have low leptin. I usually do carb refeeds after 3-4days of eating keto to avoid this loss of leptin. Not sure how it would look fasting over 3 days, so I'm very interested in your experience.

How do you feel? You should be getting over the hump soon!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you know any natural supplement for cortisol control (I'm too lazy to google)? Maybe I have some stashed away.
On the other hand, staying awake burns more calories ;)
Vitamin C, ashwagandha, limiting caffiene/stimulants.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vitamin C, ashwagandha, limiting caffiene/stimulants.
Vitamin C = check
Ashwagandha = not available

No caffeine? Don't do that to me!
My coffee is holy to me. Gonna prepare for sleepless nights, damn.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'll know when you're in a deep ketosis even with out them as extreme as you're going. Man, I almost feel like charity mailing you some though

Be careful with going on such long term fasts as some hormones(leptin) need carbs to make and that's the hormone that tells your body it's ok to burn stored fat, so your fast would be miserable and less effective if you have low leptin. I usually do carb refeeds after 3-4days of eating keto to avoid this loss of leptin. Not sure how it would look fasting over 3 days, so I'm very interested in your experience.

How do you feel? You should be getting over the hump soon!
Leptin can suck my dick, LOL. My old hairy body has to function without it, for awhile. Its not 3 days fasting, that would be for puzzies. Its 7 days -or longer (that is the plan, swallowing a fly by accident doesn't count).
:)
How I feel? Like something is missing. You know what! Hehehe!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Autophagy and, decreased inflamation, but ice baths are the real healing power if you need to heal.
To be honest, had to google "autophagy" hoping it was a new fetish ;) . Decreased inflammation is very welcome. Ice baths.... no way! I mean, it may be good for your health -but nah, I would prefer self flagellation.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you manage feeling faint/passing out and feeling the shakes while fasting? I can barely go 72hrs and then can hardly stand. I take it you just suck it up and keep going?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is too much !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you manage feeling faint/passing out and feeling the shakes while fasting? I can barely go 72hrs and then can hardly stand. I take it you just suck it up and keep going?
Honestly? No idea. Will deal with it when its time. Before fainting, I'll try to lay down on the floor. Hopefully that doesn't happen in a Supermarket or while driving -but I try to stay home for the duration of the fast, I work in the same building I'm living in.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly? No idea. Will deal with it when its time. Before fainting, I'll try to lay down on the floor. Hopefully that doesn't happen in a Supermarket or while driving -but I try to stay home for the duration of the fast, I work in the same building I'm living in.
I imagine the electrolytes hope tremendously with this. Good luck and more power to you!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I imagine the electrolytes hope tremendously with this. Good luck and more power to you!
Thank you! The electrolytes are more to address possible cramping. There is not much I can do for the side effects when getting in ketosis, besides eating carbs - and that brother, will not happen! :)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is the perceived effect of fasting for healing in your case?

Idk, I’m really just doing it to limit my intake because I’m significantly less active and was eating as much or more than I was while training. I can say that overall my pain has decreased, maybe it’s a result of overall reduction of inflammation (I usually eat a lot of protein). Not sure, but I’m feeling better and leaning out in the process.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
had not 1 but 2 drumsticks[the icecream kind]after dinner last night:newangel:. got up this morning and went for a 2.5 mile run in the cold[22%]before work. after weighing in this afternoon I lost a pound. life is good and I feel great!!!