7,8 Benzoflavone

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is there a good writeup somewhere on this ingredient in Sustain Alpha? All that I see when I search is that it's a mild AI or the other 7,8 flavone comes up that increases BDNF. I'm trying to see what else it does in the body such as lower cortisol, etc. Thanks in advance.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is there a good writeup somewhere on this ingredient in Sustain Alpha? All that I see when I search is that it's a mild AI or the other 7,8 flavone comes up that increases BDNF. I'm trying to see what else it does in the body such as lower cortisol, etc. Thanks in advance.
i tagged you in threads i could find using search function...but i doubt they will give you the complete answer you are looking for... from what i saw using google it lowers E2 estrogen as well as lowering cortisol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@delsolrob

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Most of the research is in the anti-tumor benefits but there are a few other interesting studies kicking around not the least of which is that it's used in an iodine solution to "dust for prints" on old documents and porous materials but I digress.

Beyond that, I couldn't find regarding cortisol in a cursory search but there's an interesting study that supports the mood boosting benefits many people have anecdotally reported.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
some cited studies you can quick google ..sorry im not too knowledge in the area as well lol

The second ingredient in Sustain Alpha is 7,8 Benzoflavone. This neuro-active flavone has the ability to pass the blood brain barrier and block the suppression GnRH release through modulation of the GABAergic receptor complex. (6,7,21-30)

Other research has shown 7,8 benzoflavone to have positive effects on libido due to its aphrodisiac and anxiolytic (anxiety-relieving) effects. (10-13)

References

6. Drug/substance reversal effects of a novel trisubstituted benzoflavone moiety (BZF) isolated from Passiflora incarnata Linn. - a brief perspective
KAMALDEEP DHAWAN et al.
Addiction Biology (December 2003) 8, 379 - 386
7. Prevention of chronic alcohol and nicotine-induced azospermia, sterility and decreased libido, by a novel tri-substituted benzoflavone moiety from Passiflora incarnata Linneaus in healthy male rats.

21. Neuroactive flavonoids interacting with GABAA receptor complex.
F Wang, M Shing, Y Huen, SY Tsang, and H Xue
Curr Drug Targets CNS Neurol Disord, Oct 2005; 4(5): 575-85.

22. Prevention of chronic alcohol and nicotine-induced azospermia, sterility and decreased libido, by a novel tri-substituted benzoflavone moiety from Passiflora incarnata Linneaus in healthy male rats.
K Dhawan and et al.
Life Sci, Nov 2002; 71(26): 3059-69.
23. Passiflora: a review update.
Dhawan K, Dhawan S, Sharma A.
J Ethnopharmacol. 2004 Sep;94(1):1-23. Review.
24. A gamma-aminobutyric acidB agonist reverses the negative feedback effect of testosterone on gonadotropin-releasing hormone and luteinizing hormone secretion in the male sheep.
Endocrinology. 2000 Nov;141(11):3940-5.
25. Drug/substance reversal effects of a novel tri-substituted benzoflavone moiety (BZF) isolated from Passiflora incarnata Linn. – a brief perspective.
Dhawan, et al.
Addiction Biology 379-386
26. Anticonvulsant effects of aerial parts of Passiflora incarnata extract in mice: involvement of benzodiazepine and opioid receptors.
Nassiri-Asl M, Shariati-Rad S, Zamansoltani F.
BMC Complement Altern Med. 2007 Aug 8;7:26.
27. Effects of Dialyzing ³-Aminobutyric Acid Receptor Antagonists into the Medial Preoptic and Arcuate Ventromedial Region on Lutienizing Hormone Release in Male Sheep.
Suzie A, et al.
Biology of Reproduction 58, 1038-1046 (1998)
28. Antiandrogen Microimplants into the Rostal Medial Preoptic Are Decrease ³-Aminobutyric Acidergic Neuronal Activity and Increase Luteinizing Hormone Secretion in the Intact Male Rat.
David R et al.
Endocrinology, Vol. 137 No. 10 (1996)
29. Non-classical estrogen modulation of presynaptic GABA terminals modulates calcium dynamics in gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) neurons.
Nicola Romano, et al.
Endocrinology, 10.1210/en.2008-0424 (2008)
30. Restoration of the Luteinizing Hormone Surge in Middle-Aged Female Rats by Altering the Balance of GABA and Glutamate Transmission in the Medial Preoptic Area
Genevieve S, et al.
Biol Reprod, Jul 2008; 10.1095/biolreprod.108.069831.