6-Weeks Pull Up Challenge

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Krav Maga is what I would want to learn. I spent years in Taekwondo and learned a great deal of discipline but I grew up in PG County Maryland...and the son of a cop...I ended up just being d@mn good at throwing punches and elbows lol. Bad thing was when I was a teenager and through my Navy years...I enjoyed it TOO much and constantly stayed in trouble. And just for the purpose of staying on track...I did 6 sets of 10 yesterday which gives me a total of 130 so far. Will be throwing them down all day today and will update later

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I decided to do 10 pullups every hour on the hour today from 6AM to 6PM giving me a total of 120 for the day. That way Im still completing them but with the rest in between I can maintain proper form for all of them. Total so far now is 250

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Fun to watch you all figure out what works and what doesn't work for you. Shows you just how different everyone is

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fun to watch you all figure out what works and what doesn't work for you. Shows you just how different everyone is
Yeah, and I decided to do none today. Then ate too much Easter dinner, and had a couple more drinks than I really needed. See, I'm different

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, and I decided to do none today. Then ate too much Easter dinner, and had a couple more drinks than I really needed. See, I'm different
But you're different is what makes it so easy to love you

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I decided to do 10 pullups every hour on the hour today from 6AM to 6PM giving me a total of 120 for the day. That way Im still completing them but with the rest in between I can maintain proper form for all of them. Total so far now is 250
Yup...I need to get a pull up bar and do it this way. Great job man.

I only got in 40 reps today. And, like SFreed I ate too much. Way too much. It is Easter AND my GF's bday. Had to do lunch with my parents, dinner with my GF's family, desserts, you know.

You are different alright. I think we had this conversation once before...Your mom says you are special.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup...I need to get a pull up bar and do it this way. Great job man.

I only got in 40 reps today. And, like SFreed I ate too much. Way too much. It is Easter AND my GF's bday. Had to do lunch with my parents, dinner with my GF's family, desserts, you know.

You are different alright. I think we had this conversation once before...Your mom says you are special.
Luckily Im at work so I had no sweets to tempt me. 5 eggs, 2 shakes, 3 chicken leg quarters and 2 tbsp of peanut butter. Done for the day

Blindstack

Blindstack

Awards
This newbie is in! Was just watching some improvement tips that I was going to try. Guess it's time to start doubling my current 8repX3 (24 for math challenged). Good to have a challenge. I was starting to feel a little redundant in the gym!

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Got 40 in today in at 122 for 4 days I was working out back so I tried to do more than just pull ups they're getting much easier although I think it may be that my technique is getting much better

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How's the shoulder doing?
Pretty good. I mean there's not much of a change anymore. I have almost all of my rom back except for external rotation so at this point it's a waiting game.

I could probably start working out now but I think my PT would rip me a new one... so that's a no go

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Pretty good. I mean there's not much of a change anymore. I have almost all of my rom back except for external rotation so at this point it's a waiting game.

I could probably start working out now but I think my PT would rip me a new one... so that's a no go
Take it easy dude. You don't wanna mess it up before its healed. But You are healing really fast.

You need to hurry up and get better

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Take it easy dude. You don't wanna mess it up before its healed. But You are healing really fast.

You need to hurry up and get better
Bruh you just said I was healing fast and now you're telling me to heal faster :rofl:

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Short Commercial 'motivational' Break

View attachment 147754
Is that your entry? You doing this justhere4comm?

I am attempting to copy FireTitan's approach today. I can't get 10 reps...frankly, I'm tired. I've been doing 5 reps at a time. I got a pull up bar in my basement. I've been researching leads, making cold calls, running down to my basement and banging out 5 reps, then going back and doing more calls. Just taking a quick 5-rep break whenever I have a chance. I'm at 35 for the day so far.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm going to be the guy in the bleachers... this time.

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
I took Sunday off. Got 66 today and 234 total so far (5 days).

I'm sore.

Blindstack

Blindstack

Awards
Day 1...31..By all means necessary. Traditional, neutral, supinated...?

I think I meant to join the 6 MONTH challenge..Not 6 WEEK

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
53 on Day 5 over the course of the work day, total of 204.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I took Sunday off. Got 66 today and 234 total so far (5 days).

I'm sore.
I hear you man! My choice is too keep plugging and see if I still adapt. You may be good to take time off and recover...You do what is right for you. Just remember that you may struggle now, but may get good enough in a couple weeks to make up for lost ground.

Day 1...31..By all means necessary. Traditional, neutral, supinated...��

I think I meant to join the 6 MONTH challenge..Not 6 WEEK
That is a good start. I love the fight and finding a way to keep going. Keep that up!

53 on Day 5 over the course of the work day, total of 204.
Yeah boy.

I am on day 8. I got 65 today. That brings my total to 323. Only another 1677 to go. Noooo problem. None at all.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got in a whopping Zero today! Had a long night at the fire department and when I got to the gym this morning I literally started to fall asleep in my truck in the parking lot. So I went home and slept until 430. On the ambulance tonight but will be knocking down some ups tomorrow! Good job guys, lets really have fun with this and keep each other motivated!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I got in a whopping Zero today! Had a long night at the fire department and when I got to the gym this morning I literally started to fall asleep in my truck in the parking lot. So I went home and slept until 430. On the ambulance tonight but will be knocking down some ups tomorrow! Good job guys, lets really have fun with this and keep each other motivated!
Good thing you did 2 days worth yesterday.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought about it and started over (had 4 days of infernal explosive diarrhea).
Day 1:

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My 6 weeks started yesterday and I did 5 sets of 5,5,5,4,3 - was feeling it a tiny bit in my elbow, was trying to keep from getting into any straining so dropped the reps on the last two sets once they got more challenging than I wanted to push the elbow at first. This is a marathon, not a sprint!

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
85 today. 10 sets of 8 and an extra 5 on wide grip. Total is 141

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
85 today. 10 sets of 8 and an extra 5 on wide grip. Total is 141
Nice! I banged out a set of 12 to start and thought I'd really ...then came back to earth with 8 on the next 6 sets. 60 on the day and 294 total.

Tomorrow will be day 7 for me. I need 40 to stay at the 6 week pace (2,000/6=333.3).

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Nice! I banged out a set of 12 to start and thought I'd really ...then came back to earth with 8 on the next 6 sets. 60 on the day and 294 total.

Tomorrow will be day 7 for me. I need 40 to stay at the 6 week pace (2,000/6=333.3).
Nice! Id like to get better at wide grip but my shoulders just won't allow it

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got in 100 today between doing sets on the hour and knocking out several at the gym while lifting. Brings my total to 230, with no idea what I probably WONT accomplish tomorrow. Lol. Its starting to catch up with me, but Ill definitely give it a go

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got in 100 today between doing sets on the hour and knocking out several at the gym while lifting. Brings my total to 230, with no idea what I probably WONT accomplish tomorrow. Lol. Its starting to catch up with me, but Ill definitely give it a go
Damn. Yesterday I did 90, today I feel like I could do 1. LOL

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My 6 weeks started yesterday and I did 5 sets of 5,5,5,4,3 - was feeling it a tiny bit in my elbow, was trying to keep from getting into any straining so dropped the reps on the last two sets once they got more challenging than I wanted to push the elbow at first. This is a marathon, not a sprint!
Yeah man - that's the idea. It's about consistent effort over time. No need to get injured, but I think people will look back after 6 weeks and have two things that they don't have today:

1. They will think, "D@mn! I did X pull ups! I didn't actually think I could do that" and that X will be any number - even if it's only 500, just that they stuck to it.

2. They will think, "Pull ups are way easier now."

Ummm- this is going to become known as the bad math thread soon. First I messed up SFreed's count...now you're at 230?? Go back and check what you've done.

Also, it's good to note what day you're on when you make the posts...just to keep track.

Damn. Yesterday I did 90, today I feel like I could do 1. LOL
Yeah man. 90 is a big big number. Not for firetitan, but for us non-titan folk. You may feel like you can do 1, but you can do more than you think. Push it!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My bad HIT4ME...350 is my total. Thank you for catching that. And yes...math is a weakness. I just looked at the total on my last post and misread. And Ill have to go back and see what day it is for me...I dont even know what TODAY is!!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
350....day 3...I think. ?? Will probably be none or very few tomorrow at the station. Doing hydrants and my back is T.I.G.H.T!!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My bad HIT4ME...350 is my total. Thank you for catching that. And yes...math is a weakness. I just looked at the total on my last post and misread. And Ill have to go back and see what day it is for me...I dont even know what TODAY is!!
350 in 3 days....

man... wth?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Total of 62 today, mixed grip again at work. Day 6 total 268. I didn't realize how much forearm strength comes in to play, but I'm starting to now!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Argh. You all are machines, damnit!

I just calculated how many I have to do today to take a day off tomorrow -and Sunday.... around 200 to keep up... Man, that is not funny!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I just calculated how many I have to do today to take a day off tomorrow -and Sunday.... around 200 to keep up... Man, that is not funny!
Yeah, I'll be missing 5 days while on my hike, unless I start doing pull-ups from tree branches. Which I seriously doubt I'll do. I'm ok with making this a 6 week challenge that takes me 7 to do.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I'll be missing 5 days while on my hike, unless I start doing pull-ups from tree branches. Which I seriously doubt I'll do. I'm ok with making this a 6 week challenge that takes me 7 to do.
In a few days I'm having knee surgery, will do fugging pull-ups in the hospital somewhere, with that butt-free-hospital-shirt on:

shirt.jpg

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today is Pull Up day of course!!

350....day 3...I think. ?? Will probably be none or very few tomorrow at the station. Doing hydrants and my back is T.I.G.H.T!!!
Lol....Keep the pain going!

Total of 62 today, mixed grip again at work. Day 6 total 268. I didn't realize how much forearm strength comes in to play, but I'm starting to now!
Haha...My shoulders are actually the worst. It seems like my delts are weak, which I knew, so they are getting worked.

Don't try to go all at once man. Consistency has to go with the hard work. If you miss 200 pull ups on the first day, you only need to do 4 more every day to make it up.

Keep killing it like you have been. 7 weeks is still good for an old man.

In a few days I'm having knee surgery, will do fugging pull-ups in the hospital somewhere, with that butt-free-hospital-shirt on:

View attachment 147825
Good luck with the surgery my friend!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know. It was a joke ������
It is hard to tell on here...There is so much male-on-male humor haha.

But...Hairygrandpa is my bitch. Back off newbie.

I got 48 today. Day 9, total 371. I did 8 sets of 6 random throughout the day. 6 is hard...My back was pumped after each set. I bet if I got rest I could do 9-10 easy now.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is hard to tell on here...There is so much male-on-male humor haha.

But...Hairygrandpa is my bitch. Back off newbie.

I got 48 today. Day 9, total 371. I did 8 sets of 6 random throughout the day. 6 is hard...My back was pumped after each set. I bet if I got rest I could do 9-10 easy now.
Yeah, I had to do 200 today and decided I skip the entire workout, LOL.
Tomorrow I'll go for a new record, will doing pull ups until my rectum prolapses.

Blindstack

Blindstack

Awards
I thought really hard about doing some today...then I didn't. But if I'm on grandpa's schedule I get like 4 restarts, right?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I had to do 200 today and decided I skip the entire workout, LOL.
Tomorrow I'll go for a new record, will doing pull ups until my rectum prolapses.
Pictures or it never happened

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established