5 htp or valerian

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

For a fear of flying, which would be better to calm the person. 5THP or Valerian or something else

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Valerian. For more serious calming...klonopin or a beta-blocker. If this is for you, as you are in Illinois like me, check out http://www.anxietycoach.com/fear-of-flying-class.html. Even if you don't take the class, check out the free articles on the site. They are great for flying anxiety or simply general anxiety.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi,

For a fear of flying, which would be better to calm the person. 5THP or Valerian or something else
Try 1000-2000 mg of 45% Bacopa Monnieri Extract- the feel is really similar to a low dose of xanax- it will knock down any anxiety you have very quickly

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
Try 1000-2000 mg of 45% Bacopa Monnieri Extract- the feel is really similar to a low dose of xanax- it will knock down any anxiety you have very quickly

Can this be mixed with anything?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any tips on where this could be purchased?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Can this be mixed with anything?
It does work well with 5-HTP- but this is more from a mood-boosting standpoint. As far as mixing it with other things- I really think it depends- it is an herbal, so there aren't going to be contraindications, like with pharmaceuticals. Really it comes down to trial and error and seeing what works for you, b/c everyone is different....

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Any tips on where this could be purchased?
We have this in a couple of our products, but not by itself. I think The Vitamin Shoppe and some other places may offer capsules of Bacopa by itself...

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1g of valarian root really helps calm me down before bed.

Mike