4-DHEA

Holmes

Awards
Has anyone used it (or supplement which contains it)? Is it effective? Are the risks the same as with DHEA (hair loss, etc)?

Thanks in advance!

p.s. Sorry if this has been discussed before. I did a search and came up with nothing.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
4 DHEA is much different than regular DHEA and will carry the same risks but likely more severe. I belive that it converts to test at a much higher rate.
a lot of people like to use it as a oral "testbase" to their PH stacks. I would recommend stacking with other mild PHs like proto for a low side effect outcome OR
add to something harsher like A1 or SD to help you feel better and lessen some of the effects of those compounds. users typically try to thwart the onset of lethargy using this type of stack.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good advice but using SD or A1 is overkill,IMHO and the possible sides aren't worth the risks with those 2.Especially SD,I've seen reports of delayed onset gyno,upwards of 6 months after running a SD cycle.

4-DHEA is a strong enough PH in itself.I would suggest stacking Max Bulk (4-DHEA) along with a milder PH like an H-Drol clone.

Holmes

Awards
Thanks, all. From everything I've read (which is everything I could find), people seem to use 4-DHEA to counteract the lethargy brought by on 1-DHEA. I've also read that it is *reasonably* safe if used as directed. Interesting, Raize, that you've found 4-DHEA as being not that much different from regular DHEA.

Do you all think that a cycle of 4-DHEA followed by pct would be safe (and, while we're at it, effective)... or are there sides (gyno, hair loss) that wouldn't be worth it?

Btw, the product in question contains 25mg of 4-DHEA and 500mg of massularia acuminata (x3/day). Company said the recommended cycle is 8 weeks on/4 weeks off and that there is no need to pct (!).

I am basically looking for something a little stronger than the natural test boosters I've used (Animal Test and Testopro) that is still reasonably safe.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do not know of any single reputable company that would suggest no PCT is needed from an 8 week 4-DHEA cycle.

That is just stupid,on their part.Unless their DHEA is poorly delivered (25mg a day is balls in the first place) and thus,not biologically active to any extent and pretty much does nothing to hormonal levels...then yeah,no PCT required and you've wasted your money and 8 weeks worth of your time ;)

4-DHEA is an altogether different animal than DHEA.See this thread....
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/andro-factory/233548-max-bulk-powers.html

If you want something stronger than OTC test boosters whilst minimizing sides,I would suggest low dosage of Max Bulk (1-2 caps a day,starting at 1 and progressing to 2 if comfortable).

I'd run that at 6 weeks followed by DAA at 3 grams a day ED for a month.

Thanks, all. From everything I've read (which is everything I could find), people seem to use 4-DHEA to counteract the lethargy brought by on 1-DHEA. I've also read that it is *reasonably* safe if used as directed. Interesting, Raize, that you've found 4-DHEA as being not that much different from regular DHEA.

Do you all think that a cycle of 4-DHEA followed by pct would be safe (and, while we're at it, effective)... or are there sides (gyno, hair loss) that wouldn't be worth it?

Btw, the product in question contains 25mg of 4-DHEA and 500mg of massularia acuminata (x3/day). Company said the recommended cycle is 8 weeks on/4 weeks off and that there is no need to pct (!).

I am basically looking for something a little stronger than the natural test boosters I've used (Animal Test and Testopro) that is still reasonably safe.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

What company sells this?

tmart57

tmart57

Awards
Just buy extenze. It's cheap and has 3-4 times the recommended dose of dhea if I remember correctly. Hope you don't mind eternal boners though

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow. a lot of interesting comments in here.

4-dhea is a pro hormone to either 4-androstenedione, or the non aromatizable 4-androstenediol. both are direct pre-cursors to testosterone.

neither dhea nor 4-dhea has any more or less chance than the other of ultimately becoming dht.

it can be a powerful pro hormone if used correctly. I have used 4-androstenediol, as well as 4-ad utt (liquid suspension), and most recently 4-ad rde from ams (both 4-dhea) as well as alpha bulk from forerunner labs (estefied 4-dhea, with absorbtion enhancers)

I also used primordial performance andromass v2 before (4-dhea/1-dhea) and all of these were pretty good.

pct should be used when running prohormones, and side effects are possible from this compound. as of right now, I like the rapid dissolve tabs from 4-ad rde.

Holmes

Awards
Thanks all. I think I'm going to forgo the 4-DHEA option afterall. Just not comfortable with it. DHT-conversion and elevated bp aside, I'm not sure I want to get into something that suppresses natural testosterone production, so I'll probably go the natural route - IF I can find a natural test booster which actually works pretty well.

Sucks because I also invested in Cycle Assist and Wicked PCT for the 4-DHEA cycle. Ah well.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well,I'd dump the Wicked PCT and Cycle Assist on eBay or in the trade thread.

A DAA product from Purus Labs or PA's newer company is the only test booster with proven efficacy (peere revewed study on Pubmed) in males that raises T in men,that is what I'd suggest.

Dunno why Wicked PCT is apparently such a popular product,it has a kitchen sink profile,it's all under dosed as well as not even effective as a T booster at higher dosages anyway.I may be wrong though,haven't thoroughly looked into the 2 AI's in it but I suspect they're under dosed or otherwise ineffective as well.

Personally,I think SERMS's are the best for PCT.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just buy extenze. It's cheap and has 3-4 times the recommended dose of dhea if I remember correctly. Hope you don't mind eternal boners though
Extenze does not have any pro-hormonal action,whatsoever.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks all. I think I'm going to forgo the 4-DHEA option afterall. Just not comfortable with it. DHT-conversion and elevated bp aside, I'm not sure I want to get into something that suppresses natural testosterone production, so I'll probably go the natural route - IF I can find a natural test booster which actually works pretty well.

Sucks because I also invested in Cycle Assist and Wicked PCT for the 4-DHEA cycle. Ah well.
have a look at iforces natural test boosters. a lot of return customers with our testabolan/tropinol/intimidate line.
BTW you can still use your products as they are pretty good for over all health in some cases. the PCT stack is likely to at least make you feel good and have a sense of well being.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
have a look at iforces natural test boosters. a lot of return customers with our testabolan/tropinol/intimidate line.
BTW you can still use your products as they are pretty good for over all health in some cases. the PCT stack is likely to at least make you feel good and have a sense of well being.
I force needs to bring back reversitol v1.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CorpKiller Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 2
Supplements 12
Supplements 14
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 21