• Established
Sauna? Nah, not my thing.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Also, what are y’alls opinion on infrared saunas? I’ve always liked the sauna but never really asked in a forum like this what people thought of em. I always feel good when I sit in one for bout 15-20min
Never did get into the sauna thing. I tried it out at Ft. Lewis, but just couldn't do it. Now a good Hot Tub, and I'm good to go.

Jnj83782

Awards
Another question guys, how close should I pay attention to the finer points, like macros? I’ve never really tracked those before

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your macros dictate total calories. It’s pretty important, especially when trying to lose weight. People who’ve dieted in the past and long enough can typically intuitively eat without measuring... although in this scenario I would highly recommend you measure everything and get your macros down.

Jnj83782

Awards
Full body lifting again tonight, just tweaked an exercise here or there. Did biceps cuz I wanted to feel my biceps get a pump, incline hammer curls and cheater bar preacher bench curls. Treadmill for 45 min alternating brisk walk/jog. Late dinner but eating salmon and broccoli with a slice of organic whole wheat and oat bread. Eureka brand, hear of em? Great breads. Oh and had 2 scoops of whey with chocolate almond milk on the way home after the gym. Was a good night. Only 3 days in and I’m sore but I feel better at the same time. I’m already sleeping better and feel more energetic when I’m awake.

Jnj83782

Awards
DEFINITELY sleeping better. My ass is whooped every day after the lifting and cardio!! haha

Jnj83782

Awards
I’m excited looking forward to the days where I’ll be back to the point of frustration trying to break a plateau, or trying to tweak an excercise so I can feel sore again, cuz I don’t get sore anymore. The good ol days haha

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DEFINITELY sleeping better. My ass is whooped every day after the lifting and cardio!! haha
Its a good feeling having accomplished something! Keep it going, big brother!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m excited looking forward to the days where I’ll be back to the point of frustration trying to break a plateau, or trying to tweak an excercise so I can feel sore again, cuz I don’t get sore anymore. The good ol days haha
You are about a year away from that goal! Its NOTHING in comparison for how long it took to get out of shape, right?

Jnj83782

Awards
Oh I know it brother, I figured I was looking at a year maybe better before being at that point again, if I hit hard like I am right now the whole time

Jnj83782

Awards
In the grand scheme of things it took me 8years to get to the sh*t I’m having to shed off right now. So really, a year, year and some change? Not bad at all

Jnj83782

Awards
Just got home, freeballed it in the weights like grandpa suggested again. Did three different heights of cable flyes tonight, incline barbell bench press, shoulder press on the machine, skull crushers, pulldowns with the v bar, pull downs with rope, oh and inclined dumbbell hammer curls again to end my weight session. I can’t help myself when it comes to my biceps, even when I was in beast mode back in the day, if they didn’t feel engaged I didn’t feel like I did enough, so I had to hit em one time haha. Did some sick f’ing negatives on my last set of cable flyes too. My hands were shaking like leaves in the wind! Did em to failure and loved it! Did my 45 of cardio and here I am. My chafed fat ass thighs are killing me. I started cardio and had to go to the locker room to readjust my compression shorts to cover the damn tore up spots. FML... fat people problems. I literally jogged 10 steps and said nope this ain’t workin haha. Fixed my junk and my shirts and got it together and ended my night pain free but wore out. Still loving it and looking to the future.

Jnj83782

Awards
My upper chest needs work REAL bad, and those incline benches and flyes have the upper and inner parts of my pecs SCREAMING right now. As somebody that used to be in the game I LOVE this feeling. Cowboy, this ones for you. The VA keeps me in a full supply of ranger candy and brother I’m eatin it!!!

Jnj83782

Awards
It’s funny to me that I think I held some degree of muscle memory with my training, and a lot of the guys who look like I USED to walk by me seeing this thing in the state I’m in doing what I’m doing with a how tf is this dude doing this look. I have found additional motivation in that hahaahah

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My upper chest needs work REAL bad, and those incline benches and flyes have the upper and inner parts of my pecs SCREAMING right now. As somebody that used to be in the game I LOVE this feeling. Cowboy, this ones for you. The VA keeps me in a full supply of ranger candy and brother I’m eatin it!!!
Yeah, I know they do. I gave all that up years ago. No more Ranger Candy for me 3200mg a day, and now I got GERD. LOL

Jnj83782

Awards
Got to work and realized I left my damn prepared lunch at home damn it! At least I left some chicken breast and my whey protein here in our break room. Lookin forward to tonight’s workout. Some of my soreness has worn off, goin to go get it back at 4:30

Jnj83782

Awards
On a positive note, it’ll make an easy dinner when I get home. Just heat it n eat it.

Jnj83782

Awards
Just got home, did some outer bicep stuff, standing reverse grip cable curls, sitting skull crusher curls at the cable lat machine(never knew the real name for those but man they burn), dumbell shoulder presses, shrugs, dumbell bench press, barbell incline press, cable flyes with the cables low to the floor, leg press and sitting extensions then 35min cardio, alternating btw 3.5 walking and 5.0 jogging on the treadmill. Happy Monday everyone

Jnj83782

Awards
Gonna do my first weigh in this Friday by the way to see what I got goin on

Jnj83782

Awards
Starting weight was 319.5, I wanna get on the scale now but I’m gonna wait til Friday and I’ll post it here

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got home, did some outer bicep stuff, standing reverse grip cable curls, sitting skull crusher curls at the cable lat machine(never knew the real name for those but man they burn), dumbell shoulder presses, shrugs, dumbell bench press, barbell incline press, cable flyes with the cables low to the floor, leg press and sitting extensions then 35min cardio, alternating btw 3.5 walking and 5.0 jogging on the treadmill. Happy Monday everyone
Keep it up, brother! :)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Late to the party, but following. Glad you got things figured out with Cowboy. He's a great guy and not going to steer you wrong.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jnj83782 where are you? Close the fridge and go to the gym!

;)

Jnj83782

Awards
Lmao I’m still here HGP, not in the fridge either. So My weight has gone from 319.5 to 315 even at the end of my first full week. I’ve kept with my plan just haven’t posted, sorry bout that. Things are going pretty well and I’m feelin great! Didn’t mean to scare y’all, but I ain’t goin anywhere, I’m in this for the long haul!!

Jnj83782

Awards
Scale said 312.5 down from 315 Saturday. Everything is still going the right direction. I feel like my metabolism has kicked up quite a bit from before I started cuz I really didn’t eat a whole lot then. I’m hungry as hell most the time now but careful about what I’m taking in to curb the hunger and not over doing it. As big as I had gotten it’s not easy to physically see yet at 312.5 down from 319 but I know it’s coming. Big thing for me at this point is still how much better I feel this early on in my journey to return to what I was. Still loving it. Bout 2 weeks in and 7 pounds gone already.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Scale said 312.5 down from 315 Saturday. Everything is still going the right direction. I feel like my metabolism has kicked up quite a bit from before I started cuz I really didn’t eat a whole lot then. I’m hungry as hell most the time now but careful about what I’m taking in to curb the hunger and not over doing it. As big as I had gotten it’s not easy to physically see yet at 312.5 down from 319 but I know it’s coming. Big thing for me at this point is still how much better I feel this early on in my journey to return to what I was. Still loving it. Bout 2 weeks in and 7 pounds gone already.
Good stuff man! Keep training hard and hammering in on that diet!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your log entry frequency reflects your workout frequency, you will fail.