31 year old male with test levels of 423

Chrisko

Chrisko

Banned
Awards
The title pretty much explains it all. I decided to have my levels checked last week and am now contemplating if I should seek trt. I am a 32 year old male with a test level of 423. What are your thoughts?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Based on your past posts, you have run many cycles. It is possible that you never recovered completely. I'd research the use of a restart using Clomid before jumping into TRT. I also assume you have given your body time to recover, as in a year or so. I also assume you had your bloodwork done in the early morning when testosterone is highest.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are pro baseball players with that as a test level. Also a number is just a number. If you're having real symptoms then that is a separate question, but the level alone so long as its above 350 is enough to maintain a pretty decent level of lean body mass

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who cares what your test number is, are you experiencing symptoms of low test and is it impacting your life? BTW- an endo or PCP isn't going to put you on TRT with those levels and you shouldn't be seeking it with a single total test lab. That essentially tells you nothing.

Chrisko

Chrisko

Banned
Awards
Yes to all of your questions except the clomid restart. I am experiencing symptoms, however, I do work the night shift and am not sure to fully attribute these symptoms to that. I am highly skeptical of the whole baseball player analogy and always thought that a male at my age would have a much higher test level. Also when I have had my test levels checked last time(well beyond the year timeframe) it was 414. So it is slightly higher this time around.

Chrisko

Chrisko

Banned
Awards
Based on your past posts, you have run many cycles. It is possible that you never recovered completely. I'd research the use of a restart using Clomid before jumping into TRT. I also assume you have given your body time to recover, as in a year or so. I also assume you had your bloodwork done in the early morning when testosterone is highest.
Let's not get carried away with the "you have run many cycles" thing. I have ran three over the course of five years and none of them were as extreme as you see in these boards.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can likely get that number up with some simple lifestyle tweaks, but working your shift could have a role in the lower number. You don't say when it was taken and what other tests were done or your symptoms, but I doubt it would be related with test numbers in the mid 400s. Don't look to jump on TRT until you really need it.

Chrisko

Chrisko

Banned
Awards
You can likely get that number up with some simple lifestyle tweaks, but working your shift could have a role in the lower number. You don't say when it was taken and what other tests were done or your symptoms, but I doubt it would be related with test numbers in the mid 400s. Don't look to jump on TRT until you really need it.
It was done in the morning and a full panel was done as ordered by a trt doctor. I do seem to have all of the symptoms. Tired, low libido, lack of concentration, ect. Like I said though, not sure of the whole shift thing. If my trt doctor doesn't run another set of labs and prescribes me test treatment, should I be running out the door? When I look at articles and other posts on various different websites, that number seems to be for a male in his 40's or 50's. I am not just going to jump on this site and ask away when I have not done at least a little bit of research myself.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am not just going to jump on this site and ask away when I have not done at least a little bit of research myself.
You say this like we should know what you have done without you mentioning it. Most people asking these questions on here have not done anything other than grab a total test lab number and post it up.

I am not saying to do anything, simply that the chances of any symptoms you are having being related to your test levels are probably low. You haven't posted the range your lab is using, so it is hard to say since 400s is mid range on some labs. If you want to get on TRT, that is your prerogative. Just offering advice.

Chrisko

Chrisko

Banned
Awards
Thank you for the advice and sorry to come off like a douche. That was not what I was going for if that is how it came across. It is difficult to tell how a person's emotions are through black and white text on an electronic screen.

I have always ****ing hated the stupid ****s that came onto this site and just asked away with complete abandonment of common sense and and knowledge that a simple search on Google did not even exist. Or the 18 year old kid that is running d Bol, superdrol, or (insert compound here) and then the next thing you know is ****ting out his liver and beginning to panic because he didn't do enough research, refused to apply common sense, or was misdirected and didn't just listen to advice from more experienced old timers or salty dogs here on these boards.

I should have been clearer on my post and more precise on what I have and have not done. That would be my fault and I credit that for just being a lazy ass **** and not wanting to type a lot at the moment.

Chrisko

Chrisko

Banned
Awards
I used labcorp and their range as per the results are from 350 to 1190. I am actually happy with my estradiol. It is holding at a 19 this time around. Previously it was 41. My cortisol seems high though at 18. I am sure that has a lot to do with lack of sleep and boat load of stress.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, that is different now that we know the range your doc was using. That is entirely possible to be an issue. I'd be curious where your DHEA-S levels are because that can have a correlation with high cort too, as well as sleep and stress.

I haven't worked a night shift, but I know when I'd have low libido, aggression, and lack of motivation, I tended to be working later hours and not sleeping well. It is all tied in. Again, not saying to do anything, but I'd be looking for alternatives and ways to naturally feel better before going on TRT at 31. Good luck to you man.

If you do go that route, post up in here since a lot of people learn from new experiences folks have.

Chrisko

Chrisko

Banned
Awards
I really don't like the idea of being on trt for life and will have to do a lot more research. Has anyone that responded in trt?

Chrisko

Chrisko

Banned
Awards
I've been for almost 5 years.
Do you have to be on it for life? Also if it makes the men that are affected by low t, so much happier, why are so many wishing that they never went on it to begin with? Is it the hassle of always having to take the medications? It is hard to wrap my head around because patients on it have said that their sex drive is better, better quality erections, more energy, ect.

bigead

bigead

Awards
I wish I had levels in the 400 range. I go from 158 to 337 and im debating weather or not to trt.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't consider TRT unless you were in the sub-300 range. I was hovering around 310 and tried everything I could to raise that number, alongside doctors and nutritionists. After a couple years of hard work, I opted for TRT. Turned out I had a varicocele and pituitary microadenoma, so I did the right thing.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I really don't like the idea of being on trt for life and will have to do a lot more research. Has anyone that responded in trt?
I didn't like the idea at first either, but once I found my groove (dosing and levels wise), I was more than happy with my decision. It became worth the effort. It's definitely not easy at first since everyone responds differently and requires a protocol tailored specifically to them.

bigead

bigead

Awards
I wouldn't consider TRT unless you were in the sub-300 range. I was hovering around 310 and tried everything I could to raise that number, alongside doctors and nutritionists. After a couple years of hard work, I opted for TRT. Turned out I had a varicocele and pituitary microadenoma, so I did the right thing.
Wow I have varicocele, and both my docs said thats got nothing to do with test levels lol. I have been on test cyp for 3 mo trial to see if it helps, now Im debating weather to stay on or not. I believe it helps, but dialing in the dose it not easy. Sorry not trying to hi jack

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow I have varicocele, and both my docs said thats got nothing to do with test levels lol. I have been on test cyp for 3 mo trial to see if it helps, now Im debating weather to stay on or not. I believe it helps, but dialing in the dose it not easy. Sorry not trying to hi jack
Have you looked into varicocele repair (surgery)? It's helped some people here. There's a huge thread on varicoceles in the anti-aging forum here.

bigead

bigead

Awards
Have you looked into varicocele repair (surgery)? It's helped some people here. There's a huge thread on varicoceles in the anti-aging forum here.
Thank you, I have wandered through that thread. Mine has never been bad enough for surgery. I have about two weeks to decide, but I believe I will stay on trt. My mood has gotten better and my body have changed, ie fat loss and energy. Two years ago my baseline was 337, then I cycled a few times and the best I could get back to was 150 to 300.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have to be on it for life? Also if it makes the men that are affected by low t, so much happier, why are so many wishing that they never went on it to begin with? Is it the hassle of always having to take the medications? It is hard to wrap my head around because patients on it have said that their sex drive is better, better quality erections, more energy, ect.
Yeah, if you can't naturally produce test levels in normal ranges and want to get rid of symptoms associated with it, you need to stay on. It seems like a minor hassle at first and it can be hard to wrap your head around being on something for life. For me, I think it's the best thing ever and couldn't imagine not being on it.

Chrisko

Chrisko

Banned
Awards
Ok. So here it goes...... I went to the dr for a follow up and a review of my blood work. She stated that at 423 my levels were low especially for my age, however, that level is within an acceptable range and she did not recommend trt. Kind of bummed out because I feel all of the symptoms and am not really sure to attribute it to working the midnight shift. The dr and I both agree that my levels are going to go down simply because of the hours I work and to come back next year to have my levels rechecked. Because of my constant fatigue she wanted to prescribe me some stimulant to help me stay up but I declined. I really don't want to use stims to keep me up when I have to be up. My pre workout is all I care for stim wise. So I guess that is it. I am going to try and bring my levels up naturally somehow but not sure with my shift work. Thanks for commenting. Any advice or life experiences will be appreciated.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should thank your doctor for being sensible and not throwing you on TRT. There are many ways to fight fatigue and also to help libido. I'd recommend adding in tongkat ali (Viron, if I may) to help boost free test and increase libido and energy. Night shift is hard and it really isn't surprising that you may have low energy, lack of libido, and feeling not all your best.