2nd try

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No I’m not, that sounds like a good idea though. Would putting a tape measure around the belly button area basically do the trick?
Yeah man, I do the area that holds the most fat, which (for me) is juuuust below the belly button, and also coincides nicely with the love handles to the side. If you're putting on body fat, that particular area tends to add it first (and lose it last).

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Here are some pics. Tell me what you think guys and @Nac . These are from 07/16
C1997BEF-6622-4DA6-8C16-F51184B3DF8D.jpeg
2EA0EC2C-00C7-46D7-8DA7-54C1D06A003D.jpeg

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your nippples were looking a little puffy in the older photos, but appear to have reduced quite noticeably. 11 days (is that right?) is a pretty short period to judge body comp changes...it's difficult to tell if you've added any bodyfat to your gut area.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Your nippples were looking a little puffy in the older photos, but appear to have reduced quite noticeably. 11 days (is that right?) is a pretty short period to judge body comp changes...it's difficult to tell if you've added any bodyfat to your gut area.
Ya I was debating if I should put a pic up since the last one was just 11 days ago. This Friday will be week 7 with hopefully four more weeks left after this Friday. Think I will wait a few weeks before posting anymore photos. Just want to try to catch any fat gain early because if it occurs will drop to maintenance calories for the duration of the file.

I will take it as a positive you saying it is difficult to tell if there has been any fat gain because that means if there was it is probably negligible at best. Gained another pound and a half in four days! Six and a half weeks in and so far up about 25 and a half pounds and still four and a half weeks to go!!

Reactions: Nac
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think you look a little softer in the lower abdominal region. But dude, you carry your fat nicely. I don't think you need to worry about fat and your abs -- just thicken up those delts and arms, and I think everything will be popping. Nice work.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think you look a little softer in the lower abdominal region. But dude, you carry your fat nicely. I don't think you need to worry about fat and your abs -- just thicken up those delts and arms, and I think everything will be popping. Nice work.
Thanks. Ya I agree about the abs, but figure when the cycle is over and I start losing some of my weight they will improve, just probably not to precycle form, but nothing that a cut down the road can’t quickly fix. Right now I have a sore lower back (somehow pulled a muscle) so will be laying off the crunches next week to allow healing.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
End of week 7. I think am going to lower my calories down to maintenance for the remaining 4 to 5 weeks of this cycle to attempt to lose some body fat. I’m up 28 pounds, but feel I have gained a little fat that will be apparent in the following pics and don’t really want to get any fatter. The first set of pics on this post are from seven weeks ago at the beginning of the cycle. The pics in the post following this post are from today. I think the one close up shows slight fat gain in the chest. Also think I gained fat in the abs, however my shoulders are wider in the pics from today.
2129A388-0A25-4025-B2EA-34C55CEBDB48.jpeg
EF8AF4B1-C73F-454F-9911-897CBB6F37AD.jpeg

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So what do you guys advise after reviewing those pics, continue bulk for last 4 to 5 weeks or eat at maintenance? I have never run a cycle where I just ate at maintenance (only cuts or bulks) so kinda curious what it would do.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, the lower stomach/spare tyre area is more apparent in these latest photos.

28lbs over 7wks is pretty aggressive by anyone's standards. Seems a bit redundant to point that out now though.

I dunno dude, is there anything significant turning you off doing a longer-slower recomp (or cut, or whatever) using oils? Say, I dunno, your trt dose of Test plus some NPP or something similar, over 16 weeks?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, the lower stomach/spare tyre area is more apparent in these latest photos.

28lbs over 7wks is pretty aggressive by anyone's standards. Seems a bit redundant to point that out now though.

I dunno dude, is there anything significant turning you off doing a longer-slower recomp (or cut, or whatever) using oils? Say, I dunno, your trt dose of Test plus some NPP or something similar, over 16 weeks?
Ya dropping it down to maintenance for remaining 5 weeks. Don’t want to gain any more fat and have to cut forever.

The reason I don’t.run oils is I work for the government and have 17 years with only 13 years left for a full pension to retire at 55. No matter how slim the chance (and I know it is VERY slim) I don’t want to risk it and purchas scheduled oil anabolics unless they are prescribed because like my trt because if I were to get arrested for possession I would lose my job and pension and I have to put family first. I do run scheduled prohormones like Superdrol, Epistane, only because in the state I live in they are not scheduled by state law so the local authorities can’t do **** and I doubt Federal authorities are going to bother coming after me with a “controlled delivery” for a few bottles of prohormones.

I could extend this cycle from 12 weeks to 16 weeks by dropping all the orals at the end of week 12 and buying more transdermal Trest and continue dosing it at 90 mg along with the transdermal epiamdro and androsterone alongside my trt cruise dose. Do you think doing so would be of any additional benefit while eating at maintenance? Also, if I eat at maintenance for the remaining duration of the cycle (at least 5 more weeks for a total of 12) shouldn’t in theory with Trest, Superdrol, LGD, Rad 140, the cruise test dose, and transdermal andros I be able to recomp by losing some fat while simultaneously gaining muscle and strength (keep in mind I’m still setting PRs literally every day and multiples ar that) and thereby cement some of the gains by making it a longer cycle? The other alternative is just ending the cycle now, but I don’t think that would be a smart move as people get more from longer cycles.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think you know yourself better than anyone here does, and are the best person to decide what approach you'd like to take given your goals. 28lbs is alot over 7wks, but it's obvious it all isnt fat...that, plus all the PRs, you're moving in the right direction, and at a far better rate than as a natty.

Maybe you're like me, in that we are not gonna blow the fuk up over a handful of blasts. We just need to keep slowly chipping away at the goal, looking at this as a somewhat longterm endeavor, and be strategic. As long as we are progressing, and over the course of multiple cycle periods, are improving our physiques as slow as that may be.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think you know yourself better than anyone here does, and are the best person to decide what approach you'd like to take given your goals. 28lbs is alot over 7wks, but it's obvious it all isnt fat...that, plus all the PRs, you're moving in the right direction, and at a far better rate than as a natty.

Maybe you're like me, in that we are not gonna blow the fuk up over a handful of blasts. We just need to keep slowly chipping away at the goal, looking at this as a somewhat longterm endeavor, and be strategic. As long as we are progressing, and over the course of multiple cycle periods, are improving our physiques as slow as that may be.
Thanks. Well said. I mean we aren’t shooting to be The Rock here or pro bodybuilders (as nice as that would be lol)!

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I hate Tuna (except you the poster going by the screen name lol). Does canned chicken taste any good?
did you ever get the canned chicken? also what brand of sd...if i havent already asked lol

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
did you ever get the canned chicken? also what brand of sd...if i havent already asked lol
No man didn’t get the chicken. Was using LGI Superdrol, ran out and now using a home brewed Superdrol from an underground lab.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone ever run Superdrol at 30 mg?
I think to be safe I’m going to keep it at 20 mg and get liver bloods when I finish it before deciding to attempt 30 mg. I’m taking 1000 mg TUDCA and NAC.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think to be safe I’m going to keep it at 20 mg and get liver bloods when I finish it before deciding to attempt 30 mg. I’m taking 1000 mg TUDCA and NAC.
Most guys definitely can't run it at 30mg. And most guys definitely don't need to.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I’m on 120 mg a week testosterone. My dosage was lowered just about 2 months ago because 140 mg a put me over at over 1000. My doctor only tested my testosterone level this time and it tested 7 days out from shot day at only 384 with normal being 264 to 916. I just don’t see how lowering the dosage by just 20 mg can have such a drastic drop?? Do you think any of these compounds can actually be lowering my trt testosterone level? I don’t see how that would even be possible. Kinda worried the doctor is going to think I’m doing something shady. I knew the blood draw was gonna be just testosterone levels and not lipids, liver, or hematocrit so I wasn’t worried about being on cycle when getting the blood draw.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Week 8 finished. Dr. bumped up my trt from 120 mg to 160 mg due to the low t test result so that should help. May cut this cycle off after 12 weeks instead of 16 due to having to be retested for trt bloods. Want to be off everything for at least 4 weeks before my test so I don’t risk losing my due to fishy bloods. May stretch it at longest to 14 weeks if I keep setting PRS and just tell the doctor I had to wait to be retested because I screwed up and gave shots on the wrong days of the week for some of the weeks.

Eating at maintenance weight dropped a couple pounds this week perhaps because I’m not eating as many carbs for glycogen retention (dropped calories by about a 1000 from 4100 a day down to 3100).

Continue setting PRs and love the pump from the roids. Superdrol is making me very sleepy week by week it seems and some days I’m sleeping 14 hours a day, but haven’t missed any training sessions. Can notice a slimming down in the mirror of ab fat after dropping down to maintenance after just one week. Will probably wait like 2 more weeks to post progress pics as it is hard to decipher differences with weekly pics.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You might like transdermal 4 andro on top of the increased TRT
Ya good suggestion. may have to try that next cycle. Right now I’m broke from running the transdermal Trest at 90 mg!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I have been eating at maintenance the past week and a half and have lost some of my fat I had gained. I was thinking of adjusting and doing a slight calorie surplus the rest of the cycle of 300 calories over maintenance, but only want to do this if it would be possible to still lose fat eating that amount over maintenance and add muscle simultaneously . I know doing both at the same time is hard, but figured with the powerful compounds of SuperdroI and Trest it may be doable. What has been everyone’s experience when running a cycle at a slight 300 calorie over maintenance? Did you lose fat and add muscle simultaneously?

If I had to choose one over the other right now (though I want both since I’m greedy af lol) is I would prefer to lose fat to make the over 20 pounds I have already gained more clean.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I have been eating at maintenance the past week and a half and have lost some of my fat I had gained. I was thinking of adjusting and doing a slight calorie surplus the rest of the cycle of 300 calories over maintenance, but only want to do this if it would be possible to still lose fat eating that amount over maintenance and add muscle simultaneously . I know doing both at the same time is hard, but figured with the powerful compounds of SuperdroI and Trest it may be doable. What has been everyone’s experience when running a cycle at a slight 300 calorie over maintenance? Did you lose fat and add muscle simultaneously?

If I had to choose one over the other right now (though I wasn’tppp both since I’m greedy af lol) is I would prefer to lose fat to make the over 20 pounds I have already gained more clean.
What’s your goal with this cycle?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What’s your goal with this cycle?
To gain as much lean mass as possible,
but prevent body fat accumulation that it is noticeable from the before cycle pic to end cycle pic. At this point I feel I gained slightly more fat than I prefer, but have been losing fat since I dropped back down to maintenance so I was thinking that possibly I could get away with eating at a slight 300 calorie surplus to still add a little more muscle for the duration of the cycle while continuing to have the fat loss I had at maintenance.

It started as a a bulk that has been modified now to a recomp to meet my initial goal. Due to budget restraints on buying more anabolics I’m probably gonna stop the cycle at the 11 to 12 week mark which means I have like 3 weeks or so left. If I can’t have both muscle growth and fat loss at once and was forced to choose one or the other my preference of the two right now would be fat loss as I have already gained over 20 pounds and look SLIGHTLY fatter than I prefer. What do you advise, eat at maintenance for the remaining duration of the cycle to guarantee fat loss or roll the dice and up calories by 300 over maintenance ? (I actually did the switch of bumping it up 300 calories two days ago). I will post up pics from day one of cycle in next post followed by one from tonight to help everyone decide.

Last edited:

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This post has day 1 of cycle pics and the next post has pics from today. I think I can notice some fat gain in the stomach, perhaps some fat loss in the chest, ‘but at the same time I feel have also gained a fair amount of muscle. I just don’t want to get to greedy and get more fat gain as a result lol!!
575E6406-7C29-487E-8BE7-75315A886471.jpeg
D3497BA0-A977-41E1-A22A-39F843659657.jpeg

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
These are from tonight. I did eat a large meal
within 2 hours of the pics being taken so perhaps a bit of bloat too.
A0D78BCA-CAEA-42F2-A1E7-3EEDBC678A48.jpeg
DADDEDFB-9DDC-4C0F-A13F-D4022775E28D.jpeg

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
To gain as much lean mass as possible,
but prevent body fat accumulation that it is noticeable from the before cycle pic to end cycle pic. At this point I feel I gained slightly more fat than I prefer, but have been losing fat since I dropped back down to maintenance so I was thinking that possibly I could get away with eating at a slight 300 calorie surplus to still add a little more muscle for the duration of the cycle while continuing to have the fat loss I had at maintenance.

It started as a a bulk that has been modified now to a recomp to meet my initial goal. Due to budget restraints on buying more anabolics I’m probably gonna stop the cycle at the 11 to 12 week mark which means I have like 3 weeks or so left. If I can’t have both muscle growth and fat loss at once and was forced to choose one or the other my preference of the two right now would be fat loss as I have already gained over 20 pounds and look SLIGHTLY fatter than I prefer. What do you advise, eat at maintenance for the remaining duration of the cycle to guarantee fat loss or roll the dice and up calories by 300 over maintenance ? (I actually did the switch of bumping it up 300 calories two days ago). I will post up pics from day one of cycle in next post followed by one from tonight to help everyone decide.
It all depends, I would look over your macros and training before I start to restricting or adding cals, like I would rather add cals in protein than carbs for an example. For training I would lift as heavy as I could with an insane volume if I wanted to add muscle/clean weight. Are you doing that? I know you say you gained 20lb but I can’t see any real growth on your chest, shoulders or arms, it looks about the same to me.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It all depends, I would look over your macros and training before I start to restricting or adding cals, like I would rather add cals in protein than carbs for an example. For training I would lift as heavy as I could with an insane volume if I wanted to add muscle/clean weight. Are you doing that? I know you say you gained 20lb but I can’t see any real growth on your chest, shoulders or arms, it looks about the same to me.
It depends on the lift. For most compound lifts I do less sets and 4 to 6 reps till failure, for most isolation exercises I do higher volume till failure and the volume depends on the muscle/body part. I think I am just gonna bump the calories back down to maintenance in an attempt to lose some of the body fat in the stomach.

As far as muscle growth there must be some even if you can’t see it because # 1 the lifts have been going up consistently from week to week with PRs and # 2 I keep a log of my weight and body fat percentage. The weight is up 23 pounds from the beginning of the cycle with a 4 percent increase in body fat. Going by the body fat percentage changes and doing that math (though it only provides a ball park because it is bioimpedence method) at my start weight from beginning of the cycle to current weight that adds up to a 12 pound increase in muscle (I also understand some of the increase in weight is only glycogen).

Last edited:

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@Nac can you see any muscle growth in the last before and after pics? If you can’t so be it, just give me an honest opinion. Just seeking a 2nd opinion became @BBiceps can’t see any so I’m curious.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@wfreiling and @Rad83 would like your opinions on my recent cycle pics too. Is there any noticeable difference?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It depends on the lift. For most compound lifts I do less sets and 4 to 6 reps till failure, for most isolation exercises I do higher volume till failure and the volume depends on the muscle/body part. I think I am just gonna bump the calories back down to maintenance in an attempt to lose some of the body fat in the stomach.

As far as muscle growth there must be some even if you can’t see it because # 1 the lifts have been going up consistently from week to week with PRs and # 2 I keep a log of my weight and body fat percentage. The weight is up 23 pounds from the beginning of the cycle with a 4 percent increase in body fat. Going by the body fat percentage changes and doing that math (though it only provides a ball park because it is bioimpedence method) at my start weight from beginning of the cycle to current weight that adds up to a 12 pound increase in muscle (I also understand some of the increase in weight is only glycogen).
Well, the reason you lift heavier is because you’re on cycle and it doesn’t necessarily mean you getting muscle growth, if you constantly lift heavier over a long period of time it should mean muscle growth, but on cycle it’s expected.

I would recommend to up the reps if you want maximal growth, like 20+ and squat 2-3x a week, I can promise you’ll see growth then.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You’re definitely thicker but how much of that is glycogen, who knows? I think the real test is when you come off and strip away that water weight. For me with SD that’s when I saw the real muscle gains. Hope this makes sense.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Agree with the more experienced bros above man!…And, I’m working with an iPhone 7 screen here.

I think if you’ve gotten stronger that’s always a good sign of potential muscle growth but again, nothing is set in stone…

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, the reason you lift heavier is because you’re on cycle and it doesn’t necessarily mean you getting muscle growth, if you constantly lift heavier over a long period of time it should mean muscle growth, but on cycle it’s expected.

I would recommend to up the reps if you want maximal growth, like 20+ and squat 2-3x a week, I can promise you’ll see growth then.
Thanks for the advice. Thankfully the strength gains i get on cycle have always usually stayed afterwards, but haven’t always translated into more size.

I will do squats twice a week, rather than once. The power Lifting Program I’m on has me doing low reps of 4 to 6 reps per set with heavy weights till failure for squats, is this range too low? What about rep range for arms? The program I am on has me doing sets in a low range of 4 to 6, but I know most bodybuilders do 8 to 12 reps and have always read that rep range is best for hypertrophy so this week I added in more lifts with the 8 to 12 rep range for arms. I have always had a difficult time adding size to my arms after my first couple cycles.

Regarding frequency since the program has me lifting heavy and low reps it only has me hitting each muscle group once a week over a 5 day period to prevent overtraining I suppose. The only muscle group it has you train twice a week is abs and chest via bench presses. I have really been thinking of switching to a different program that hits each muscle group twice a week since the roids should prevent overtraining.

Im just gonna ride out the rest of this cycle 300 calories over maintenance, add volume with reps as recommend, Appreciate the help!

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@Nac can you see any muscle growth in the last before and after pics? If you can’t so be it, just give me an honest opinion. Just seeking a 2nd opinion became @BBiceps can’t see any so I’m curious.
You definitely got softer so any lean gainz are difficult to discern.

You looked great in the before photos, IMO. I know no-one likes to hear this. But, if it were me, and it kinda is, I'd be trying to head more towards that leaner look for awhile, oscillating between kcal deficit/cutting periods and maintanence til you're really lean. I know some guys will say this is a dumb approach, if you want more mass then eat big and cut later.

This strategy, I think, works great if you are a decent responder and put on minimal fat during a surplus. Well that's not me. Tried that for ages and nope. My feeling now is to get lean, as close to 10% as possible, and attempt to make 12sh% your new set point. Everyone looks better lean.

Once that is established, do very slow surplus periods. This approach will take time but I felt I was spinning my wheels trying big bulks and then cuts. I think especially as older dudes, sticking to 10-15% bodyfat is ideal health wise.

I probably wouldn't do this if not on trt/blast-cruising. Being on AAS makes cutting/recomping easier.

That's just my opinion, obviously. You have to do whatever you believe will get you to your goals.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

You looked great in the before photos, IMO. I know no-one likes to hear this. But, if it were me, and it kinda is, I'd be trying to head more towards that leaner look for awhile, oscillating between kcal deficit/cutting periods and maintanence til you're really lean. I know some guys will say this is a dumb approach, if you want more mass then eat big and cut later.

This strategy, I think, works great if you are a decent responder and put on minimal fat during a surplus. Well that's not me. Tried that for ages and nope. My feeling now is to get lean, as close to 10% as possible, and attempt to make 12sh% your new set point. Everyone looks better lean.

Once that is established, do very slow surplus periods. This approach will take time but I felt I was spinning my wheels trying big bulks and then cuts. I think especially as older dudes, sticking to 10-15% bodyfat is ideal health wise.

I probably wouldn't do this if not on trt/blast-cruising. Being on AAS makes cutting/recomping easier.

That's just my opinion, obviously. You have to do whatever you believe will get you to your goals.
Wise advice, thanks.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Ya gonna need to focus on getting to 10 to 12 percent then do smaller bulks of just 250 to 500 calories at most over maintenance since the leaner you are the easier it is to gain lean mass over fat. I know when I come off cycle I will lose a significant amount of weight then so the body fat percentage will go down probably a couple of percentage points which is one reason I wasn’t too concerned of putting on a few extra percentage points of body fat.

At this point in the cycle I guess the best I could do as far as a goal of losing some fat is eat at maintenance for the remaining duration of the cycle because it would be quite a shock to the system if I went from a bulk straight into a cut even if I am still on anabolics, don’t think that would be wise.

Will be interested to see my after pics more so AFTER my weight stops dropping in the few weeks after the cycle ends more so than the last day of the cycle. That will give me a better idea of where I am at.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another motivational factor in favor of trying to stay leaner...you will tend to notice smaller increases in lean tissue. The higher your bodyfat, the less obvious any small increases in lean tissue will be. Ideal for slower gainers.

I'd echo Bbiceps recommendation to try higher rep training for awhile, like 12+. For everything. Have you run high volume protocols at all before? If you really hate the idea of not doing any lower rep stuff, Layne Nortons PHAT is a great middle ground giving you the best of both worlds. Otherwise fuk it, skip the low rep stuff completely. If you've been doing low rep stuff for awhile you will likely see a really good initial response to going exclusively high-rep. But you need to be able to enjoy doing it.

Are you also doing lots of different exercises? Like, not just bench and DB flyes for chest, for example?

Anyway....Mike Israetel has arguably some of the best material on volume training. If you're interested in going the volume route, I'd highly recommend watching his stuff, but this video should give you a basic introduction to his core concepts:

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Another motivational factor in favor of trying to stay leaner...you will tend to notice smaller increases in lean tissue. The higher your bodyfat, the less obvious any small increases in lean tissue will be. Ideal for slower gainers.

I'd echo Bbiceps recommendation to try higher rep training for awhile, like 12+. For everything. Have you run high volume protocols at all before? If you really hate the idea of not doing any lower rep stuff, Layne Nortons PHAT is a great middle ground giving you the best of both worlds. Otherwise fuk it, skip the low rep stuff completely. If you've been doing low rep stuff for awhile you will likely see a really good initial response to going exclusively high-rep. But you need to be able to enjoy doing it.

Are you also doing lots of different exercises? Like, not just bench and DB flyes for chest, for example?

Anyway....Mike Israetel has arguably some of the best material on volume training. If you're interested in going the volume route, I'd highly recommend watching his stuff, but this video should give you a basic introduction to his core concepts:

^Good stuff^

OP, I don’t mean to discourage you, you been doing a good job and trying your best, I just think it’s a better way to go for you, without a boat load of roids.

I also want to add, when I talk about 20 rep sets it’s not with light weight, it should be as heavy as possible, like at rep 10 you should be tired, at rep 15 you need a breather (without raking the weight) and the last 5 should be real hard and (for legs for an example) after you have to lay down and reconsider your life choices before you have to stand up again and do another set.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks guys. Found a program that works each muscle group twice a week in a split over sox days a week and combines the low rep along with the high rep theory you guys have been hitting on. Here is a pic of one page of one week of the workouts. Gonna start it on Monday!
4C8ED6A5-6A33-4C8C-B9F1-441A38810906.jpeg

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Quick week 9 update as have to head out the door. Since eating at maintenance have seen a slight one percent drop in body fat from the peak fat percentage I had on cycle. Weight has gone down and nown up a little under 20 pounds. Gonna probably end cycle in like 2 weeks cause of upcoming trt bloods and don’t really have funds
right now to order more (plus the heavy hitter Superdrol is coming to an end as it is almost 8 weeks). Continue setting PRs and start new lifting program tomorrow!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@BBiceps and @Nac Here is another alternative program I was also considering. It was wrriten by Arnold and is his blueprint for mass program. The rep ranges are all over the place and contains a lot of supersets. 6 day split. Do you think the program I took a screenshot of or this one would be preferable or either? The first program I poseted was written by Jim Stoppani PHD.
arnoldblueprint_mass_phaseone_v1.pdf (bodybuilding.com)

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Gonna up my calories by 300.Been eating at maintenance (amount determined by an online calculator I use that is usually spot on). Been losing weight slowly since eating at what I thought was my new maintenance for my new weight, but my goal now is to recomp the rest of the cycle by losing fat and gaining muscle simultaneously while keeping weight the same (don’t think it is wise to go straight from a bulk to a cut to retain gains based on prior experience ). May be a stupid question, but do anabolics speed up metabolism? I know additional muscle would, but wondering if anabolics directly cause this. I get night sweats from the Trest which could be an indicator?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@BBiceps and @Nac Here is another alternative program I was also considering. It was wrriten by Arnold and is his blueprint for mass program. The rep ranges are all over the place and contains a lot of supersets. 6 day split. Do you think the program I took a screenshot of or this one would be preferable or either? The first program I poseted was written by Jim Stoppani PHD.
I don't really like the look of either program, I think PHAT is better and ultimately I think going Mike Israetels route would bear the most fruit especially the more advanced you get...but, and here's the clincher: the most successful program will be the one that you enjoy doing and look forward to doing. As long as the program isn't total sh1te, you'll get gainz from it, and in turn that will motivate you to keep at it and get more gainz.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sure, try it, Arnold is cool so why not. Every program will work as long as you put 100% effort in it. Just remember that even if it’s high rep training it should be as heavy as possible, like you can’t do another rep even if you life depends on it. I think that you have been using too light weights so far, the reason I think so is because you doing a lot of PR’s as soon as you start a cycle, sometimes every week, to me that indicates that you using too light of a weight or are not pushing yourself hard enough OFF cycle. For me it takes months to break a PR and sometimes I’m not even breaking it ON cycle.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jonnynips Anabolics 23
Anabolics 18
Cycle Logs 1
Anabolics 2
Weight Loss 8