2016 NFL Thread

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been an eagles fan my whole life, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

RGIII was amazing too, for a little while.
I dislike the eagles to be honest. I just give credit where credit is due. Also I never thought rg3 look to good.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ok true he did look good in college I was talking NFL though
exactly my point. Once the knee injuries started to get to him, he just continued to degrade over time...
He won't get any better in cleveland unfortunately.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So how can you say he never looked good when you have no idea how good he was?
I don't pay attention to whether or not he got some stupid award that is thrown around to who ever is a popular rookie that has some what decent stats. It is a popularity contest more then anything. I was basing my opinion on how he would be for a whole career, not a season. And I was never convenienced and never will be that a mobile quarterback will ever have a great/long career. With the exception of cam Newton because he is MASSIVE and is also an elite pocket passer if he wants to be

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't pay attention to whether or not he got some stupid award that is thrown around to who ever is a popular rookie that has some what decent stats. It is a popularity contest more then anything. I was basing my opinion on how he would be for a whole career, not a season. And I was never convenienced and never will be that a mobile quarterback will ever have a great/long career. With the exception of cam Newton because he is MASSIVE and is also an elite pocket passer if he wants to be
You said he never looked good in the NFL. If he was able to win rookie of the year (especially over Luck) then it stands to reason that he had to look good.

He took a 5-11 skins team (from 11) to 10-6 and the playoffs in 2012.

If you have no idea what you're talking about, I would suggest not commenting on a particular topic.

Also: Cunningham had a great career. McNabb (top 5 mobile quarterbacks according to a top 10 documentary) had a fantastic career. You'd also be hard pressed to find anyone who would claim that Vick didn't have a great career, that would've been even better if he wasn't a piece of ****.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You said he never looked good in the NFL. If he was able to win rookie of the year (especially over Luck) then it stands to reason that he had to look good.

He took a 5-11 skins team (from 11) to 10-6 and the playoffs in 2012.

If you have no idea what you're talking about, I would suggest not commenting on a particular topic.

Also: Cunningham had a great career. McNabb (top 5 mobile quarterbacks according to a top 10 documentary) had a fantastic career. You'd also be hard pressed to find anyone who would claim that Vick didn't have a great career, that would've been even better if he wasn't a piece of ****.
Sorry I should have worded differently I was meaning more that I never thought that he would have a good career based of what I saw.

Yes there are great mobile quarterbacks and I will give you Vick because he had some GREAT season here and there. I also think you are forgetting one big one cough cough Steve young cough cough. Heck you might even be able to consider big Ben a mobile quarterbacks to an extent. However they all are similar to cam being big and also being elite pocket passers.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No major issues in Andrew Luck's shoulder, owner says Should be ready to go.
Colts Joe Reitz (back) or Denzelle Good (back) may not be available against Jacksonville on Sunday
Browns intend to part ways with WR Josh Gordon
Bills put Sammy Watkins on IR

Late games on Sunday should be really good.
Dallas on the road vs SF who has been up and down. They should handle them
PIttsburgh and KC is a coin flip. could go either way. Lets see who shows up
NYG @ MINN ... If minn and that defense keeps playing strong they will be hard to beat.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My picks:
JAX > Indy
Hou>Tenn
Was>Cle
Sea>NYJ
Pats>Bills
Car>Atl
Bal>Oak
Det>Chi
Den>TB
Ari > LA
NO>SD
Dal>SF
Steelers>KC (Welcome Back Bell)
Min>NYG

Who ya fellas got?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
pats with a goose egg at home
Carolina struggles hard
Oakland on top of Baltimore (3-0)
Chicago leading Detroit

Crazy week of football both College and Football so far!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That was my super bowl lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Prescott continues to impress. Good win on the road vs SF
Cam newton out with a concussion as Panthers fall to Atlanta. Julio Jones puts up 300 Yards and Matt Ryan throws for 500
LA Squeezes out a win vs Arizona on the road. Big W for them
Chicago with Jay Cutler out find a W vs the Lions
Oakland big road Win to go to 3-1. They are starting much better then last year
Jets do not look much better at home vs Seattle. As Seattles takes the Road W
Houston gets back on track as Will Fuller takes back a Punt to spark a W
Jacksonville gets a W over luck with the early 9:30 AM Eastern Game
Saints hold out and get the comeback W on the road to beat Chargers

Fitzpatrick has 9 picks in 2 games... What should NYJ Do? Sit him IMO
One of the biggest ?'s of the week is the fumble call in the Browns game. The browns guy came up with the ball and they gave it to the other team. Hugh was correct they should not be putting the ball on the turf.
Siemien is out in the Denver game, but they are up on the bucs.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Report just in:

Broncos' Talib shot himself in leg in June

allas police have completed their investigation into the June 5 shooting of Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib and have concluded that he shot himself in the leg, according to WFAA television.

When reached by the Denver Post, a media relations representative with the Dallas Police Department would not confirm the WFAA report.

Talib suffered a gunshot wound to his lower right leg in the early-morning hours of June 5 in Dallas. He avoided surgery and was released from the hospital the following day, and the incident forced him to miss the Broncos' visit to the White House to commemorate their Super Bowl 50 win.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17716226/police-conclude-denver-broncos-aqib-talib-shot-leg

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bengals: TE Tyler Eifert suffered ANOTHER setback yesterday (it was reported yesterday)....reportedly not related to his neck or foot....but is now said to have a back injury. Gosh.

49ers: declared rookie DE DeForest Buckner (foot) and CB Jimmie Ward (hamstring) out for tonight vs Ari.

Cardinals: QB Carson Palmer is out....didnt even make the trip (concussion). Drew Stanton will get the start tonight.

Bears: WR Kevin White will go to IR (ankle)....for the second year.

Redskins: sign S Donte Whitner

Texans: placed DE DEvon Still on IR. He will be replaced by DE Brandon Dunn

Buccs: DT Gerald McCoy was diagnosed with a calf strain....day to day leading up to MNF vs Car

Raiders: RB Latavius Murray WANTS to go vs SD but is considered 'doubtful' with a foot injury. (I missed this one....didnt know about it)

Jags: OT Luke Jockel will have surgery today for 'major' MCL injury, meniscus tear and possible ACL tear. Ouch.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gabbert Struggles,
Arizona did not look much better through the air, but controlled the line of scrimmage and got the W on the road.
Maybe time to see Kaep step in for some series in the future, unless Chip wants to keep him on the bench..

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My Picks this weekend:

NE>Cle
Phi>Det
Chi > Indy
Mia >-Tenn
Bal>Wash
Dal > Cincy
Minn>Hou
Pitt>NYJ
Den>Atl
Bills >Rams
Oak>SD
GB>NYG
Car>TB (I think this will be close, with the expectation that Cam may not play.)

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice picks. What's your take on the Dallas Cincinnati game. I think Dallas will win too but I won't b surprised if bengals pull it out either

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be surprised if Dallas won, their defense just is not very good.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
True but bengals offense hasn't looked great so far, outside of aj. I just think it'll b a lot of Elliott and I think he'll do fine.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This I agree with, BUT we have seen how Dallas is wearing down Defenses and just running the ball down teams throats. Elliot is looking sharp, and they have a very good offensive line. If they can win the battle up front they may walk away with the W. Keep the benglas O Off the field and try to eat up that clock. It should be a great game regardless

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Had to LOL at this:

Packers TE Jared Cook finds fried chicken head in takeout wing order

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17739862/green-bay-packers-te-jared-cook-finds-fried-chicken-head-takeout-wing-order

No Surprise here... SF has QB ?'s
49ers' Chip Kelly: Not naming 'any starters' yet for Buffalo game

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17740789/chip-kelly-san-francisco-49ers-not-naming-starters-offense-including-quarterback

Odell Beckham gets $24K fine for unsportsmanlike conduct penalty
Antonio Brown was also fined for his TD Celebration last week

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dallas has beat teams with a combined 4-9 record. Cincy has a good defense that forces turnovers. I think Dak struggles, Cincy takes out the underneath, and makes him beat them deep. He's 1-8 on passes over 20 yards

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1 PM Games:
- Browns lose another QB (Kessler), and Brady shines vs Cleveland.
- AB was told to remove his cleats that he likes to wear. NFL Must hate him after he got fined almost 25K For a celebration dance consisting of pumping his waist.
- Frank Gore passes Jim Brown on all time rushing list
- Ravens WR Smith injures ankle vs Redskins
- TEN Shows up on the road to take care of Miami
- Minnesota is no joke. They destroyed Houston
- Steelers get a nice W over the Jets at home.
- Detroit with a big upset over the Eagles.
- Washington with a surprise W over Baltimore @ Baltimore
- Indy gets a much needed W at home vs Chicago

4 PM Games:
- Dez will sit out this week
- Zeke rips through the Bengals defense as Dallas looks dominant on all fronts.
- ATL takes it to the SB Champions @ Denver
- Mccoy and the Bills continue to pound the ground game and come away with a victory on the road vs LA
- Rivers puts up big #'s vs the Raiders. Chargers shoot themselves in the foot with mistakes and a muffed snap on a field goal at the 2 minute warning.

Them Cowboys...
What about your jets though? :)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guess who's back? The Pats system is great, but Brady quickly showed his talent.

Gronk and Bennett look like they are going to be a tough combo to deal with.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about your jets though? :)
I was surprised how long they stayed in it. And the one TD Fitz had should have been a pick. He got so lucky on that play

I love watching Bell. He is so damn strong and elusive.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Guess who's back? The Pats system is great, but Brady quickly showed his talent.

Gronk and Bennett look like they are going to be a tough combo to deal with.
The browns are 0-5 and possibly the worst team in the NFL. They have yet another hurt QB. They are in a world of misery.
I would hope the pats would destroy them.

I do not think Brady will ever skip a beat. One of the most consistent QB's to ever play the sport.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
TB Could have one of the biggest busts ever with the 2nd round draft pick on their kicker.
Does not look very good in his first year.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TB Could have one of the biggest busts ever with the 2nd round draft pick on their kicker.
Does not look very good in his first year.
They traded up to draft a kicker in the second round. No matter how good he is; he would never be worth it.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They traded up to draft a kicker in the second round. no matter how good he is; he would never be worth it.
He was insane in college. Pretty sure he kicked 60 yarders like nothing... now he misses 30 yards. Crazy

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Some news from today:
49ers to start Kaepernick at QB against Bills
Lions Sign Forsett
Seahawks worked out former Falcons DE Malliciah Goodman.
Saints worked out 10 players including DE Wes Horton and DE/OLB Bjoern Werner, LB Danny Lansanah, OLBs Dezman Moses and Andy Mulumba.
The Giants signed LB Deontae Skinner off their practice squad. They cut DT Montori Hughes
Dolphins worked out CBs Darrin Walls, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Chimdi Ckekwa, OT David Foucault.
Texans worked out DE Kendall Reyes and DT Lars Koht.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn it FOX, you have two great late games this week. Falcons @ Seahawks and Cowboys @ Packers. I hate when that happens! More than likely I will get the second game in my area, but I'd much rather see the first.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn it FOX, you have two great late games this week. Falcons @ Seahawks and Cowboys @ Packers. I hate when that happens! More than likely I will get the second game in my area, but I'd much rather see the first.
Sunday ticket

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Should be nice again .. cheering for hawks and packs :)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The 49ers and Colin Kaepernick have signed a restructuring of the quarterback's deal, wiping out the final four years and turning it into a two-year contract with a player option for the second year, sources tell ESPN.

The monetary value of the deal for this year remains the same with the second year, should Kaepernick choose to stay, carrying a $16.5 million salary.

Trevor Siemian to get start vs. San Diego

DeSean Jackson says he won't appeal fine for caution-tape cleats

desolateline

desolateline

Awards
This weekend is going to be stupid awesome across the board.

Alabama gets a top 10 oponent.
Ohio State gets tested by Wisconsin
We get to see the Dallas Preszekes against a formidable Greenbay.

Cheers boyos

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This weekend is going to be stupid awesome across the board.

Alabama gets a top 10 oponent.
Ohio State gets tested by Wisconsin
We get to see the Dallas Preszekes against a formidable Greenbay.

Cheers boyos
Don't forget Falcons at Seahawks.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Picks for week 6
Buf>SF
Phi>Wash
Tenn>Cle
NYG>Bal
NO>Car
Chicago > JAX
Pitt>Mia
NE>Cinn
Oak>KC
Sea>Atl
Dal>GB
Hou>Ind
Ari>NYJ

Lets see how they fall!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Brady is back and back with a big W at home
Cleveland and Cody showed some fight, but lost in the end to TENN
Kaep got the start, but not enough as the bills are sparking
Washington Upsets Philly at home... Wentz had some trouble from Snap one with his jersey ripping up top
Odell had a huge game, and was much needed for the Giants to win @ home vs Baltimore
New Orleans takes care of Cam and the panthers at home with a 3 point win
Jacksonville squeaks past the bears on the road for a W. Big W for them & Blake Bortles
Ben took a shot, and is getting an MRI. Miami wins 30-15 as they ran all over the Steelers
KC was all over oakland and dominated them at home.
Cowboys keep rolling. Elliott just feed that guy the ball. Prescott throws his first pick vs the Packers where they were 1-9
Seattle comes back with e vengence and gets the W over the Falcons who were almost ahead the entire game.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ben down with a MCL Injury

I am not liking this at all.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ben down with a MCL Injury

I am not liking this at all.
2-6 weeks max I heard. They just need to clean it up. They have a game this week, then a bye, he could be back for that game. I would not rush it though.

I also don't know what to make of the Steelers. They look so dominate during their wins, but their loses have been terrible.