2012 College Football season

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
You said IF. I was referring to what IF means. Essentially nothing in the aspect we're using it, in a past tense. IF ND played in the SEC they'd have 3 losses.

The FACTS we can look at is ND doesn't play in the SEC and when their schedule began, it had a handful of top 15 teams (including #1) and they won all of them. I'm not talking about the talent you think they do or do not have. Just the IF factor of the argument, in the aspect my analogy is very relevant.
You're arguing semantics while I'm arguing football. Hypothetical matches, believe it or not, are discussed at length in sports to compare the talent of two teams that did not or will not play one another. That is all I was doing, which is perfectly rational to do without having to discover whether your aunt has a dick or not. I'm not a hater, I'm just calling it like I see it.

Looks like more haters have joined the discussion...

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
If Manti Malieiedjfd Louis Teo's name was John Thompson no one would know who he is. However, the media liked his name and have lacked true superstars this year to get behind, so they turned him into a heisman candidate.
^^^^^this

TxAggie

Awards
If Manti Malieiedjfd Louis Teo's name was John Thompson no one would know who he is. However, the media liked his name and have lacked true superstars this year to get behind, so they turned him into a heisman candidate.
Not too mention has been skewing his stats on National TV to pump his name up. Manziels stats are way more impressive than Teo's yet ESPN skews them to make Teo (and C. Klein) seem like more favorable picks. If you watch live ESPN games the past 2 weeks you have seen some of these; they just dont want a FRESHMAN player to win it.

TxAggie

Awards
The segment yesterday morning where they used Klein's numbers against teams "Ranked when they played" then Manziel's numbers against teams "Ranked right now" was some of the worst stat skewing I've ever seen on that network. Then one goes on to say this little gem:

"But you have to understand, Johnny Manziel is absolutely terrible on Wednesday night games this year. He's completing ZERO PERCENT OF HIS PASSES ON WEDNESDAY NIGHTS!!!"

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're arguing semantics while I'm arguing football. Hypothetical matches, believe it or not, are discussed at length in sports to compare the talent of two teams that did not or will not play one another. That is all I was doing, which is perfectly rational to do without having to discover whether your aunt has a dick or not. I'm not a hater, I'm just calling it like I see it.

Looks like more haters have joined the discussion...
No, no I'm not at all....smh

Tao is getting the spotlight bc 1 he's good, 2 ND is undefeated and 3 he lost both his mother and GF to cancer right before the season started. Within a few weeks if I'm not mistaken.

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
No, no I'm not at all....smh

Tao is getting the spotlight bc 1 he's good, 2 ND is undefeated and 3 he lost both his mother and GF to cancer right before the season started. Within a few weeks if I'm not mistaken.
Well, let's just agree to disagree on what parameters we choose to judge a football team's talent. Not worth all this back and forth, anyways.....

ND is a talented team, they really are, I just want to see how they perform against elite comp before I pass final judgement, didn't mean to seem like such a hater.

We will see, game isn't too far away.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, let's just agree to disagree on what parameters we choose to judge a football team's talent. Not worth all this back and forth, anyways.....

ND is a talented team, they really are, I just want to see how they perform against elite comp before I pass final judgement, didn't mean to seem like such a hater.

We will see, game isn't too far away.
Sounds good to me my man just 1 thing....isn't far away?!?!? You're right ,it's not but it feels like forveeeeeeer lol

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
You're right about that, it's not that far on the calendar is what I meant to say there, it's gonna be ages for those of us waiting to watch though. Imagine how the players feel?!?!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm looking forward to watching my Wolverines against South Carolina. Should be a decent game.

pampers938

pampers938

Awards
I don't want to start the debate again but I just read that the national championship between ND and Bama will be one of the highest draws since there is so much history at both schools. What is everyone's thought?

Also Bamas schedule was ranked the 38th toughest in NCAA football this year where as NDs was 30th.

Should be an awesome game I think.

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
I don't want to start the debate again but I just read that the national championship between ND and Bama will be one of the highest draws since there is so much history at both schools. What is everyone's thought?

Also Bamas schedule was ranked the 38th toughest in NCAA football this year where as NDs was 30th.

The game will def be a HUGE draw for the NCAA and the BCS, and I'm sure the powers that be could not be happier.

As for the schedules, despite their overall ranking, bama has played the tougher teams in LSU, TA&M, and Georgia(not regular season, but still). Bama still had an easy ride compared to some other teams.

TxAggie

Awards

Where did you that list? Bama is #3 and ND is #24 in the strength of schedule lists i have seen.

I will watch it just to see some leprechaun tears... :rofl:

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
Where did you that list? Bama is #3 and ND is #24 in the strength of schedule lists i have seen.

I will watch it just to see some leprechaun tears... :rofl:
I didnt bother to look it up, but that sounds a lot more accurate.

pampers938

pampers938

Awards
Collegefootball poll ....

This one has nd at 8 and Bama at 15 I guess there are a lot of variances. Bama did have a tougher road. But NDs trip wasn't easy lol

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I was told that according to the SOS indicator that the BCS uses, Alabama had the 53rd strongest SOS. They honestly played noone other than A&M, LSU, and Georgia this year that even had a pulse. Not that they wouldn't have been competitive against whoever they played. I really wish Saban would retire, he has established a machine over there in Shi-TTown.

pampers938

pampers938

Awards
Congrats to the Aggies and to Johnny football.

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
The guy is an amazing player, no doubt. But, geez, that is the worst nickname I've ever heard. Hahaha

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
Anybody else excited as shlt for the bowl games coming up!?!?!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know I am!! Ready for next season already too!!

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anybody else excited as shlt for the bowl games coming up!?!?!
A little...

[video=youtube;VZhzge4jlmE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=VZhzge4jlmE[/video]

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
A little...
I knew you would be! That video still makes me throw up in my mouth a little, but by all means, enjoy! I'm gonna enjoy watching this game.

Went to the independence bowl yesterday, and man, what a disappointment. The weather just wasn't on us La boys' side in that game. We just looked off all game.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I... don't... even...

[video=youtube;W26Dcns1Mxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=W26Dcns1Mxg[/video]

And here's a pic of Clowney leaving the stadium... :lol:

551230_10200210900973990_1142308115_n.jpeg

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Game changing play. Knocked any wind we had left out of us. Our QB must have thought his receivers were all 7' tall, cuz a lot of his passes were way up there.

Next year..... lol.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
LMFAO!!! My phone didn't show the picture of him driving away.. Classic dude!!

scw538

scw538

Awards
I am now a Johnny " football " believer. Dude is off the charts good. 20 years old size 15 shoe and hands like dez Bryant. I praying he is a cowboy one day :)

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Time to go to the Kitchen....see whats for dinner.

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
As much **** as I talked earlier this season, I have to say I would not be surprised to see ND pull off the win here. I'm eating crow right now with all my SEC dominance talk.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not looking good for the Domers. Almost done w/ the 1st & I haven't heard Te'os name yet.

TxAggie

Awards
LoL where are all the ND fan boys now?? As true to my word I am turning the game off at halftime w/ND down by 28. Lets hope they lose 70-0.

Roll Tide and to all a SEC good night! Thanks and Gig Em!

pampers938

pampers938

Awards
I'm right here lol Thia game has been pretty bad!! Bama is doing their thing!! I'm still blue and gold though win or lose

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
LoL where are all the ND fan boys now?? As true to my word I am turning the game off at halftime w/ND down by 28. Lets hope they lose 70-0.

Roll Tide and to all a SEC good night! Thanks and Gig Em!
If LSU hadn't lost to ****ing Clemson I'd be right there talking **** with you bro. That game ruined my spirit.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Bad coaching on offense, superior talent on bama's offense squad and completely mismatched on defense done ND in tonight....SEC to strong.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I liked what Saban said he does w/ all his rings. He says he just leaves them on the coffee table for the recruits to look at.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Great win for bama. Looking forward to next year. I can honestly say great season and cant wait to get our recruits seasoned. It actually looked as if the guys were too preoccupied with being in miami as to WHY they were there. They were flatter all game and yes part of thAt is bamas doings lol. Something just wasnt right. (At least we scored and crossed the 50!) jk

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
Great win for bama. Looking forward to next year. I can honestly say great season and cant wait to get our recruits seasoned. It actually looked as if the guys were too preoccupied with being in miami as to WHY they were there. They were flatter all game and yes part of thAt is bamas doings lol. Something just wasnt right. (At least we scored and crossed the 50!) jk
I bet if they would have put up 35 unanswered points on LSU, we would have scored on the backups to. After the game we had against Bama this year, and the game ND had, not quite the topic to be talking **** over. We held them to 3 touchdowns, they scored how many on the over-rated **** squad??

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
If you noticed i added jk which means just kidding. Backup or not points were scored. This loss should make us better and know better how to become better. Sorry your feelings got hurt over my respectful response to a throttling

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
If you noticed i added jk which means just kidding. Backup or not points were scored. This loss should make us better and know better how to become better. Sorry your feelings got hurt over my respectful response to a throttling
Jk or not, that was pointless jab to try and make yourself feel better about a horrid performance. Didn't mean to act so butthurt there homey, that's a sensitive subject down here, lol. My bad.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Yea for most down here im sure it is. Im not hurt at all over a loss to a team that has won 4 outta 5 nc. We overachieved early. Id rather be beaten by Alabama than many others. Heck i cannot get upset at all after witnessing the losing seasons weve had. I only hope notre dame gets better, faster, and stronger before we play them again. Or any team for that matter. I also hope to play 3 other sec schools that I feel would do some good win or lose. Until we play the likes of lsu, alabama, and floridas, we will never be able to guage just how good we are nor where we need to be. Unless the shift of power leaves from some of the teams of the sec which looks like its not anytime soon.

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
Sounds like a good way to look at it brother. Always gotta look at the positives to be true fan. Down here in Louisiana, we got a bunch of what we call nega-tigers, always something bad to say. Good luck to Notre Dame in the future. I agree, there needs to be more interdivisional play. It's hard to judge these teams when they never play each other. And you're right, after the seasons ND has played recently up until now, they have nothing to be ashamed about.

Geaux Tigers!!

TxAggie

Awards
Yea for most down here im sure it is. Im not hurt at all over a loss to a team that has won 4 outta 5 nc. We overachieved early. Id rather be beaten by Alabama than many others. Heck i cannot get upset at all after witnessing the losing seasons weve had. I only hope notre dame gets better, faster, and stronger before we play them again. Or any team for that matter. I also hope to play 3 other sec schools that I feel would do some good win or lose. Until we play the likes of lsu, alabama, and floridas, we will never be able to guage just how good we are nor where we need to be. Unless the shift of power leaves from some of the teams of the sec which looks like its not anytime soon.

Be thankful you did not play A&M; it would have been 75-0 at halftime. :laugh:

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
That game against A&M made me proud of my Tigers this year. They looked unstoppable in every game they played. It didn't look good at first, a few defensive changes and we sealed the deal. Our speed on defensive ends helped negate a lot of Johnny's run game.

If we would have only held that last drive against Bama...

We're basically losing out entire starting defense, I'm scared of 7-5 season next year if our offense doesn't get it's **** together.

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
That game against A&M made me proud of my Tigers this year. They looked unstoppable in every game they played. It didn't look good at first, a few defensive changes and we sealed the deal. Our speed on defensive ends helped negate a lot of Johnny's run game.

If we would have only held that last drive against Bama...

We're basically losing out entire starting defense, I'm scared of 7-5 season next year if our offense doesn't get it's **** together.
How bout that Auburn game..lol. I kid, that was a low blow. Im a Dawg fan and that game next yr will be great, thankful to see so many juniors leave early. . will be 2 young defenses trying to find their way, and Metts return to Athens...should be a good one

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
How bout that Auburn game..lol. I kid, that was a low blow. Im a Dawg fan and that game next yr will be great, thankful to see so many juniors leave early. . will be 2 young defenses trying to find their way, and Metts return to Athens...should be a good one
We always play Auburn like that and this year there was just no excuse. LSU is so damn inconsistent.

LSU/UGA is one of my favorite *****ries, I was super disappointed we didn't play them this year, although after watching them play Bama I was kinda glad we didn't.

We are getting some good recruits on the D side of the ball, both sides really, should be interesting to see if Chavis can turn them into NFL draft picks over the summer.

By the way, congrats on being the runner up in the real NC game, that was a beautiful game to watch!

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
We always play Auburn like that and this year there was just no excuse. LSU is so damn inconsistent.

LSU/UGA is one of my favorite *****ries, I was super disappointed we didn't play them this year, although after watching them play Bama I was kinda glad we didn't.

We are getting some good recruits on the D side of the ball, both sides really, should be interesting to see if Chavis can turn them into NFL draft picks over the summer.

By the way, congrats on being the runner up in the real NC game, that was a beautiful game to watch!
Thanks man! Hurts but good to know we are heading in the right direction after some mediocrity setting in. and yes, chavis is going to have some talent and will coach it up, but itll be early and how soon can either teams D grow up and gel will be something to watch for...plus, we have Clemson and Clowney before you guys..we would be fortunate to be undefeated but more realistically leaving Sept with just losing one of those

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Btw, I'm 72% sure Bama's '92 championship season was NOT inspired by Jenny Gump's death.