2012 College Football season

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
I'm in total agreement, bro. I mean, we're adults here... old enough to drink... which means we're all over 21. And there's just zero excuses for that kind of poor sportsmanship all these months later. Wouldn't think of it.

:lol:

Geaux Tigers! RTR!!
Buahahahaha! Nice one.... Its all good though, I remember how fun it was throwing up 9-6 to every gump who reared their head.

I'm just excited to see physical southern football showing it's dominance again this year...

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rubberring, I hope you're right about Michigan and Denard. He just makes me nervous everytime he drops back. I know we have our work cut out for us this Saturday. Bama is playing lights out right now. I really think it's going to beat them and LSU again in Miami.

Sent from my MB865 using Am.com... LIKE A BOSS.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really think it's going to be them and LSU again in Miami.
When it's all said and done, it probably should be... but there is absolutely NO WAY the pollsters will let that happen again. The winner of Bama-LSU will have the inside track, but I wouldn't be surprised if the two teams in the BCSCG are neither the two best teams... nor from the SEC. The backlash was inevitable.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yeah, the 'noles might be there w/ Oregon or USC just to please all the pollsters.

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
Gotta throw some props to my local ULM Warhawks! Didn't win tonight, but it was a hard fought game with another big conference team. These guys are legit!

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotta throw some props to my local ULM Warhawks! Didn't win tonight, but it was a hard fought game with another big conference team. These guys are legit!
No doubt. I was pulling for 'em hard. If they could only step it up on D. ULM should be 3-0 right now. Either way, they're still Chizik's biggest win of the season so far. Wait... only win. :sasmokin:

TxAggie

Awards
I hate Baylor too so I was pulling for ULM....good game overall!

scw538

scw538

Awards
No doubt. I was pulling for 'em hard. If they could only step it up on D. ULM should be 3-0 right now. Either way, they're still Chizik's biggest win of the season so far. Wait... only win. :sasmokin:
Auburn is getting what is due to them. Cam was coming to Msu until they bought him.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, my Wolverines are officially out of the top 25, and rightfully so. Robinson was atrocious. Now, the 'Domers are ranked 10th.

LSU barely beat Auburn. Les Miles better get control.

tattedsailor

tattedsailor

Awards
What's going on everyone? It's been a VERY long time but i'm back! Looking forward to how this season plays out. RTR!!!

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Anybody else going to Norman? Ill be there with bells on! Just hope I'm not sobbing when the games over lol!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wish I was going to Lincoln, NB this weekend! My Wolverines are starting to gel.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish I was going to Lincoln, NB this weekend! My Wolverines are starting to gel.

I'll be there. :D

I think it's absolutely awesome to have teams with such history (like Michigan) coming to Lincoln.

We're going to get whupped up, but you only see UM's first game in Lincoln once.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good point dude!

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Whew! What a time in Norman! I have to admit, that is one intimidating place to be in a game like that. The OU fans were very respectable towards us all day during tailgaiting, during the game, and afterwards. Glad to get out with a huge win.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Lsu had us on the ropes..they didnt look for that looping left hand though....hollaaaaaa

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't credit that win to anything bama did. We gave you that one. ;)
Sounds like a moral victory. :thumbsup: I'll credit it to what the Tigers didn't do... play defense at the end of each half.

LSU definitely outplayed Bama for almost the entire 2nd half. All the props in the world to that team. Mettenberger was the real deal.

Yeldon... that cat is special.

Good luck the rest of the way. Hands-down the greatest current rivalry in college football. Imo, the two best teams played yesterday... regardless of who plays in Miami on January 7. (I'm betting Texas A&M is licking their chops after watching Bama's secondary get shredded.)

Geaux Tigers! ROLL TIDE!!

ncf_e_yeldon14_576.jpeg

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great game!! Glad to see 'bama pull out the win!

Shorty6890

Shorty6890

Awards
The fighting irish pulled out another win 9-0 baby. That game had me stressin tho we should have killed pitt. And also that bama game was crap lsu should of pulled off a win

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Once lsu missed the fg, i stood up with my hands raised symbolizing TD. I already knew, as most college teams do, they would play prevent and all we needed was
to catch them in a blitz while shooting the screen play. We killed them twice ealier with the same exact play. We hit them 3 times in the bcs with the same play and twice in the game in t-town. That play just works.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't credit that win to anything bama did. We gave you that one. ;)
Lsu cant defend the screen consistently. We have hit them for big gains at least 6-7 times the past 3 games.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
IIf A&M plays like they have the past few weeks, we could be in for it deep.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys!

Well, well, most of the USUAL SUSPECTS I see!!How the hell you guys doing?? I know you've missed me but I had to go to rehab when Urban Meyer left Gainesville for Ohio State :disappointed:

Hell, the last time I signed on Urban Meyer was coaching Florida, Cam Newton was a young Gator stealing computers, Will Muschamp was defensive coach at Texas, Tressel and Paterno were coaches for life, and I was headed to State College PA to watch JoePa beat Illinois for win number 388. My God how things changed in a few years!!

Good work 'Bama...gotta keep that SEC streak alive!!! You remember, the one my Gators started in 2006 by crushing that same Ohio State 41-14 (and added another 2008 by beating Oklahoma). Unfortunately it looks like The Tide is going to beat us to NC #3 in this current streak. Great work Saban.

Some of you may remember my beautiful, oldest daughter Samantha left Pennsylvania to become a Gator. Now my 17 year old, Veronica, is deciding between Florida, Georgia and (hold you nose Shawn) Auburn!! She's headed into Pre-Vet, wants to go down south like Sam. I loved Gainesville but I must say Athens and Auburn are both very beautiful. We had a blast "touring" although Gainesville was bittersweet for me (for those of you who remembered Samantha). But hey, all I can say is "More SEC football coming my way Baby!!!"

I know, Auburn sucks....which is why I'm trying to convince Veronica to go to Florida or Georgia. Of course I tell her it's all academics and has nothing to do with football.
:27:

Rubberring
....still on top. BabyHulk...you died and went to heaven. BikeSwimLive....you just died. Trauma1...still love those avatars my Gator friend!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow, blast from the past! I remember you from when my screen name was yjyankee! Glad to see you back.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
nice to see you again! Not too many come around these parts anymore it seems. Good luck to the gators! God Bless!

Shorty6890

Shorty6890

Awards
29-17 my bad but this is glorious now my irish could move up if bama loses and we beat bc tonight

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Great game by A&M. Bama is better than that. But hey, any game can go either way on any given day. Ill take the ugly BC win tonight in stride. We need to keep control of the ball though. 3 turnovers last week and 2 this week. thats not admirable when you are #3. But hats off to #5. He will be missed. Te'o for heisman! To the haters.....

Suck it

Shorty6890

Shorty6890

Awards
Great game by A&M. Bama is better than that. But hey, any game can go either way on any given day. Ill take the ugly BC win tonight in stride. We need to keep control of the ball though. 3 turnovers last week and 2 this week. thats not admirable when you are #3. But hats off to #5. He will be missed. Te'o for heisman! To the haters.....

Suck it
couldnt agree more and Te'o is a beast

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
What can i say, A&M brought it..bama made to many mistakes and still could have won the game...it does show some evidence of a beast the next 2 years at least.

Yeldon is not as comfortable with the ball as I thought. He is raw though and needs more carries...2 fumbles in 2 games is unacceptable on a Saban coached team.

I am still trying to figure out how we only ran it once from the 6??? Amazing!!!

I cannot say that we didn't deserve a win because I already knew that A&M would score points...I told my buddy in Michigan, first game this year, we COULD lose either to LSU or A&M...wish I was wrong.

We need a couple of shoes to fall just right to get back in, but, if not then oh well. I'll take KState vs ND before I take Oregon vs anybody...

TxAggie

Awards
Still living it up here in Texas! Whoop!!

Count me as a hater...I cant stand ND. They will blow it by the end of the season to USC. :biglaugh:

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Still living it up here in Texas! Whoop!!

Count me as a hater...I cant stand ND. They will blow it by the end of the season to USC. :biglaugh:
Very possible...but I hope not. We have had our toughest test at Oklahoma. Our hopes rest with which ND squad shows up. Im happy either way. This season is already way ahead of what ANY ND fan predicted, or anyone for that matter. Ill take 11-1 all day. We gotta game before that to win though. No looking ahead. Kelly knows that defense wins championships. But I believe defense has taken a backseat in much of college football. 60-70 pts by 2 teams is rediculous. Its like they have completely forgotten about that. There are only 4-5 teams that have an elite defense.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Most people do hate us. But nobody can say we are a joke this year. Winning is winning. But all the hating will never go away. Doesnt matter what we do or how we do it. It always gets worse when we excel. Any school would have an NBC contract if offered. It would be stupid moneywise to do away with that. We are basically in a conference in the next few years by playing at least 5 ACC teams. So that conference argument now is moot. That actually helps our scheduling which people dont realize. Ill say this to part. Notre Dame puts butts in the seats. No matter win or lose. its not their fault that people will watch us hoping we lose as much as our fanbase watching for us to win. Haters can blame themselves for the machine that Notre Dame is. Its been going on since i started following them in 1990. I don't expect it to stop.

TxAggie

Awards
Most people do hate us. But nobody can say we are a joke this year. Winning is winning. But all the hating will never go away. Doesnt matter what we do or how we do it. It always gets worse when we excel. Any school would have an NBC contract if offered. It would be stupid moneywise to do away with that. We are basically in a conference in the next few years by playing at least 5 ACC teams. So that conference argument now is moot. That actually helps our scheduling which people dont realize. Ill say this to part. Notre Dame puts butts in the seats. No matter win or lose. its not their fault that people will watch us hoping we lose as much as our fanbase watching for us to win. Haters can blame themselves for the machine that Notre Dame is. Its been going on since i started following them in 1990. I don't expect it to stop.
Yes winning IS winning but come on; yall had 1 hard game on your schedule, maybe 2 if i count USC (the ACC is not a hard conference to play in and yall didnt even play Florida State or Clemson). I tried to find stats on the home game attendance records and ran across this beauty (need more posts to link). ND is behind A&M at #13. ND has gotten better but I'd like to see you play a harder schedule.

I just cant stand teams with mediocre schedule strength campaigning for a shot at the National Title. Even if they do make it be prepared for an @$$ whipping...

h t t p : / / web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2010/Internet/attendance/FBS_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
How'd the Ducks do yesterday? I don't have cable.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Yes winning IS winning but come on; yall had 1 hard game on your schedule, maybe 2 if i count USC (the ACC is not a hard conference to play in and yall didnt even play Florida State or Clemson). I tried to find stats on the home game attendance records and ran across this beauty (need more posts to link). ND is behind A&M at #13. ND has gotten better but I'd like to see you play a harder schedule.

I just cant stand teams with mediocre schedule strength campaigning for a shot at the National Title. Even if they do make it be prepared for an @$$ whipping...

h t t p : / / web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2010/Internet/attendance/FBS_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf
Most teams that win a national title don't have the toughest schedules. Thats the same thing SEC fans say to defend playing Division 2 teams and teams like Towson, Troy, etc. You have to schedule to win a championship. An being in the top 20 of toughest schedules is not bad. Having the toughest in the land all but guarantees you won't go to the NC game. And why is it, that people just can't say that we have a really good team? It pains you guys so much. I have always given credit to teams that deserve it. I guess I will become what everyone else is. That would make things better. Hate every team for doing good. Then slam them when they win and say their schedules are mediocre. We have our issues, and thats a fact too. All teams do. Its hard to go the entire season undefeated. period.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
And nobody is campaigning for a NC shot. Let the chips fall where they may. Remember, we will go where we are supposed to go.

TxAggie

Awards
Most teams that win a national title don't have the toughest schedules. Thats the same thing SEC fans say to defend playing Division 2 teams and teams like Towson, Troy, etc. You have to schedule to win a championship. An being in the top 20 of toughest schedules is not bad. Having the toughest in the land all but guarantees you won't go to the NC game. And why is it, that people just can't say that we have a really good team? It pains you guys so much. I have always given credit to teams that deserve it. I guess I will become what everyone else is. That would make things better. Hate every team for doing good. Then slam them when they win and say their schedules are mediocre. We have our issues, and thats a fact too. All teams do. Its hard to go the entire season undefeated. period.
Since 1998 we have had the majority of teams in the NC game; the Big 12 and SEC have been dominating AND have the hardest schedules. ND has coasted along with 1 (maybe 2) decent wins against teams that weren't overrated going in to the year (Michigan & Michigan State). You want to impress us? Play Florida, LSU, Alabama, Georgia, K-State, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Texas, etc and win >50% then we can talk. I think I am not the minority here and say I want to see a competitive/exciting National Championship game and I dont think ND will be able to handle Oregon or K-State.

I am sure A&M would love to play ND in a BCS Game. :laughing:

Shorty6890

Shorty6890

Awards

Suck it
Hey go irish buddy were #1

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Worst year ever for heisman trophy nobody deserves.
As much as I detest hearing "Johnny Football" (worst nickname ever, btw), there's no denying he deserves the Heisman as a freshman. Without that guy, A&M is a 5-6 team at best. He already owns nearly every offensive record in the nation's most defense-prioritized conference, and he beat the reigning (and eventual :cool2:) national champions at home. He's already mechanically better than both Tebow and Cam. Imo, there's no denying he's the best player in college football this season.

Now... time to destroy Auburn, get past Georgia to win the SEC, and end the Great Irish Dream in Miami. :lol:

ROLL TIDE, ROLL!!

TxAggie

Awards
As much as I detest hearing "Johnny Football" (worst nickname ever, btw), there's no denying he deserves the Heisman as a freshman. Without that guy, A&M is a 5-6 team at best. He already owns nearly every offensive record in the nation's most defense-prioritized conference, and he beat the reigning (and eventual :cool2:) national champions at home. He's already mechanically better than both Tebow and Cam. Imo, there's no denying he's the best player in college football this season.

Now... time to destroy Auburn, get past Georgia to win the SEC, and end the Great Irish Dream in Miami. :lol:

ROLL TIDE, ROLL!!
Johnny Manziel deserves it more than anyone out there in my slight bias opinion.

No no no; Bama and LSU lose this week sending A&M to Atlanta.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Johnny Manziel deserves it more than anyone out there in my slight bias opinion.
If he does win, can we do away with the "Johnny Football" rubbish and just call him "Heismanziel?" :lol:

No no no; Bama and LSU lose this week sending A&M to Atlanta.
Better hope Auburn's been saving their best for last. I can't see them scoring more than 14 points though.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I still can't believe that Oregon & K State lost! I also can't believe that ND is #1! We (Michigan) should have beaten them. We beat ourselves in that game. Personally, I think that if we used our current qb, instead of Denard, we would've beat the Irish... oh well.. I am happy to see Kelly winning. He started at a small college up in MI, & has been putting together winning programs everywhere he's been.

TxAggie

Awards
If he does win, can we do away with the "Johnny Football" rubbish and just call him "Heismanziel?" :lol:

Better hope Auburn's been saving their best for last. I can't see them scoring more than 14 points though.
Heismanziel is another great one and yeah I have to agree on the auburn game; they have been pretty terrible this year.