2010 College Football Season

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love the rivalries and the underdogs! Last year it was exciting to see Alabama kill everyone, then this year Auburn takes control. I loved watching Florida take a dump too.

I also appreciate the resurgence of Nebraska and the Stanford team under Harbaugh.

I just love the weekly drama of college fb. I am in SoCal and my students were asking me all week: USC or UCLA? I said I dont care, and I really dont. Overall I dont like Neuheisel so I hope he bombs again.

Cheers

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
South Carolina for your 10 pter huh, Buck? 40 more points by South Carolina and you would of won those 10 points.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
South Carolina for your 10 pter huh, Buck? 40 more points by South Carolina and you would of won those 10 points.
:laugh: What can I say I took a flier. I was hopelessly behind anyways.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
haha.. I would of done the same thing. Definitely didn't expect it to get that ugly.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Congrats to Oregon and Auburn on making it through an entire season unbeaten and earning a NC game appearance. Obviously this looks to be a high scoring game and should be fun to watch. My feeling is that Auburn wins by 2 scores. Wisconsin vs TCU is set and I think that will be a good game as well. Projections have my beloved Buckeyes vs Arkansas in the Sugar, Va Tech vs Stanford in the Orange and last and certainly least the Fiesta gets Oklahoma vs an unranked UConn team.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why I won't pull for the SEC in the BCSNCG

I think that Cam Newton is, without question, one of the best athletes to play college football in the last 25 years. If the Heisman had nothing to do with character and integrity, he should win it by the biggest margin ever. However...

"I didn't know the laptop was stolen."
"I didn't know my father was shopping me."
"God is on my side... "

Yes, apparently if you cheat on college exams, take zero accountability for stealing or purchasing a stolen laptop, turn your iPod on while daddy sells your talents to the highest bidder, and act like the most absurdly arrogant and entitled douche bag to ever grace Jordan-Hare...

Then God looks fondly upon you.

Aside from the NCAA and SEC choosing money over ethics, let's remember too that Auburn has a history of pay-for-play. As much as AU fans have spent the last three decades disputing the number of titles Alabama has won (btw, I too disagree with "13"), they forget their only title... in 1957... would've never been granted to them using today's standards. That '57 team was on probation, and didn't play in a bowl game. Why?

Because Auburn got caught in a pay-for-play scheme.

Auburn leads the SEC, and most other conferences for that matter, in the number of times an institution has been put on probation by the NCAA with 7. Of course, their only defense is to say that the players involved were pathetic thugs who were extorting them, and oh, btw... "Alabama does it too."

In Auburn, it always comes down to the University of Alabama.

Baseball players like McGuire said, "I didn't do anything wrong," and Marion Jones blasted the media for "digging for something that isn't there." Meanwhile, we the public knew something was amiss. So, when AU goes from barely finishing in the top 25 in recruiting several years in a row to a remarkable top 5 finish... people start to get curious. What drew players like Dyer and Newton to the Plains? Was it their head coach's 13-24 record? Was it their winning tradition and multiple titles?

Or... was "the money too much?"

Bobby Lowder is under investigation and Colonial Bank has folded. Where is AU in recruiting right now?

In the top 25... barely.

Wait... even with a 13-0 team, a Heisman-winner, and a shot at a BCS title?

Right.

So... let's get this clear: I am loyal to the SEC. I love my conference. Period. However, Commissioner Slive has taken the following stance:

An exhaustive NCAA inquiry of several seconds has found that while rules were clearly violated... none were broken. Hence, Cam's ineligibility has resulted in the following punishment: He is eligible again. But, I wish to make clear: These actions are unacceptable. There is no place for them in intercollegiate athletics... except at Auburn.
If Auburn wins in Glendale, it will only bring the SEC shame in the long run. A lot of shame. Auburn fans don't care, and I can almost understand their defensiveness. They want a title... even if it's vacated later. They'll just blame their inevitable undoing on the University of Alabama. Like always.

Homers like h0other will wipe the "Cammy-Cam Juice" from their chins, and continue on with an even bigger chip on their shoulders.

If I'm angry at my own team, it's because they choked last week in doing the league a huge favor. So now, the majority of the rest of the country will be hoping the Oregon Quack Attack can somehow spare us the agony of having the SEC dragged through the mud at a later date.

And I count myself amongst that group. So, as much as it pains me to say it...

Go Ducks? :dunno:

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Best quote from the article.

"A quick note to the "everybody does it" crowd: No they don't. Not every college program pays 200 grand cash for players. And for those others that do...this article isn't about them. It's about Auburn."

And this..

"The presumption of innocence is one thing, but the suspension of disbelief is something else entirely. Cam Newton surely is entitled to the former. But given Auburn's sleazy history, plus what we now know about the elder Newton, to believe in his innocence is to make an irrational leap of faith. It is borderline delusional."

hoother I would ask you to read that article and tell me what part of it is either untrue or hard to understand. This is the reason that those of us who aren't blind followers of Auburn athletics find the whole Cam Newton situation so distasteful and the NCAA finding so repugnant.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
And more useless articles after an Auburn wins the most lopsided SEC championship game in the history of the game to direct the attention off the win and try to put it back on Cam. All being posted by the biggest Auburn hating tool of all time. The same guy who accuses people of posting to much on their school and having a complex. If you others don't realize how much of a tool, hater, and loser this guy is then you are just as bad. When the NCAA/FBI/SEC posts an article talking poorly of Cam then I will love to read it. But yahoo and foxsportsSW have no power and do nothing but get morons excited who can't handle the success of Auburn.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Congrats to Oregon and Auburn on making it through an entire season unbeaten and earning a NC game appearance. Obviously this looks to be a high scoring game and should be fun to watch. My feeling is that Auburn wins by 2 scores. Wisconsin vs TCU is set and I think that will be a good game as well. Projections have my beloved Buckeyes vs Arkansas in the Sugar, Va Tech vs Stanford in the Orange and last and certainly least the Fiesta gets Oklahoma vs an unranked UConn team.
Thanks Buck!

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Best quote from the article.

"A quick note to the "everybody does it" crowd: No they don't. Not every college program pays 200 grand cash for players. And for those others that do...this article isn't about them. It's about Auburn."

And this..

"The presumption of innocence is one thing, but the suspension of disbelief is something else entirely. Cam Newton surely is entitled to the former. But given Auburn's sleazy history, plus what we now know about the elder Newton, to believe in his innocence is to make an irrational leap of faith. It is borderline delusional."

hoother I would ask you to read that article and tell me what part of it is either untrue or hard to understand. This is the reason that those of us who aren't blind followers of Auburn athletics find the whole Cam Newton situation so distasteful and the NCAA finding so repugnant.

I refuse to read more from unnamed sources on a site called "The Cleveland Fan". I realized shortly into this that reading sites from people trying to use this situation to get them off of writing on "TheClevelandFan" and into a real publication is stupid. These people have nothing to lose by writing ANYTHING and will make up things just to hope one thing might stick down the road, so they get credit.

If you really think the NCAA/SEC are willing to sacrafice the integrity of the sport for a long time over increased revenue this year, then go for it. You're wrong, but go for it. Mike Slive is respected as someone with very very high morals and even Finebaum, who would love to say differently, has said on many occasions that he thinks there is no way that Slive would cover this up for this year.

So keep reading these ridiculous articles from fame-seekers loaded with opinions disguised as facts and loads of unnamed sources and get all excited about that so you don't have to pay attention to the true fact and craziness that a team from the SEC West went undefeated this year. The same team that was ranked in the 20's preseason. Now that's the true story.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"Yo Auburn, I'm really happy for you, and I'm 'a let you finish...

Kanye.jpg.png

But USC had one of the greatest revoked Heismans and vacated seasons of all time. All time."

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Found a pic of rub's excited face when he's in front of the keyboard reading theclevelandman article and other bogus articles getting ready to be a keyboard warrior on here:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's an example of an Auburn fan using prudence... since we've never seen it here:

Listen, you may accept that "everyone else does it, so why don't we" mentality, but, as an Auburn alumnus, I do not. I don't want the crap going on. I saw that first hand...saw it in the 80s when I worked at Sewell Hall, and your hero Pat Dye was the coach. Saw it with the BMWs in the player's parking lot. Saw it with the probation which got Dye booted (rightly so). The program was dirty. You may want that, but I do not. Therefore, I don't want to win a championship with an asterisk beside it. Auburn has worked hard for 20 years to clean this act up. Too hard to let a greedy father drag it down. Glad we won. Yippee. But I don't want the asterisk.

Remember that Cam will be gone next year, and we'll be left to pick up the pieces if there are any issues that come out later. Auburn is bigger than one stinking player, and we should never compromise on that. I hope Cam didn't know anything, but I know if my father shopped me, I'd be furious and hurt, OR I'd be complicitous (I'd be in on it). Haven't seen a sign of hurt yet on Cam, just a big kid skipping around like everything's hunky dory. So what does that tell you?

An Auburn "Poser" is one who doesn't care about this stuff. A real Auburn fan cares whether there's dirt or not. I trust Chizik at this point, but I know better than to trust Dye, and I don't have a sense of trust in Cam.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I'm borderline dropping down to this morons childish level and blocking him. This isn't a forum anywhere for this idiot but a place to post "unnamed sources" claiming to be Auburn fans and bogus links. Arguing things is one thing but one person just posting link after link and picture after picture with no other words other than the occasional "told ya so" is ridiculous.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm borderline dropping down to this morons childish level and blocking him. This isn't a forum anywhere for this idiot but a place to post "unnamed sources" claiming to be Auburn fans and bogus links. Arguing things is one thing but one person just posting link after link and picture after picture with no other words other than the occasional "told ya so" is ridiculous.
The problem with these posts bro is that you are the only one who feels this way. There isn't a single person outside of the Auburn fanbase who doesn't think the whole situation reeks of corruption and cheating, not many who think that Cam and Auburn weren't given a free pass by the SEC and the NCAA with their rulings. So the majority will hope Oregon wins to at least prevent what many of us view as a complete miscarriage of justice.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
The NCAA obviously agrees with me. I'm pretty sure the NCAA has a better grip on the situation than rubby duck and his 3 stooges of Anabolic Minds and the rest of fox sports mid west.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Hey Buck -- Name which program from Alabama is currently on probation for me, please.

I'll give you a clue -- It's for providing extra benefits to student -athletes.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh noez! They're gonna be #1 at everything!!!

medium_SECcheatinghall030908.jpg

Disclaimer: This is from 2008. The standings among the top 8 offenders haven't changed.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Wichita State is a power house. Nice figures. I love how people talk about how "dirty" of a program Auburn used to be too. Of course all of the same people are ahead of the program as they were in the 50's.

Another article from AL.com written by a wanna-be writer looking for his career break.

I wonder how long it'll take rubby to realize he can post these every 5 minutes the rest of the football season, however, his **** underacheiving team will be playing the capital one bowl while he will be sitting in his oregon ducks mascot outfit on january 10th watching Auburn win a national championship.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Wichita State is a power house. Nice figures. I love how people talk about how "dirty" of a program Auburn used to be too. Of course all of the same people are ahead of the program as they were in the 50's.

Another article from AL.com written by a wanna-be writer looking for his career break.

I wonder how long it'll take rubby to realize he can post these every 5 minutes the rest of the football season, however, his **** underacheiving team will be playing the capital one bowl while he will be sitting in his oregon ducks mascot outfit on january 10th watching Auburn win a national championship.
Dude seriously? Auburn's cheating is way more current then 50s that was just the start of it. I find it amusing that you say all the articles posted are unnamed sources, have you even read any of them? there are a lot of factual information in them, information that is a matter of public record and not the wild speculation of Auburn haters all over America as you contend. I'll say this 99% of the country would agree with me. Are we all "rubbering's stooges" or are you unwilling to see the truth? Your football team is the best in the country this year and I believe they will beat up Oregon to win the National Championship,. I also believe they cheated to get there making the accomplishment irrelevant because of it. That is my opinion yes but it's based on the known information like that article I quoted earlier stated:
I have no desire to argue with you about this any further as you clearly are not interested in the facts and will summarily dismiss them as "unnamed sources" or "ridiculous articles from fame-seekers loaded with opinions disguised as facts and loads of unnamed sources' Good luck in the NC game and good luck with the FBI and NCAA investigations that continue into your team's program and people associated with it. Oh wait now I'm an unnamed source as well... Damn it!

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
You know what.. Im listening to the BCS countdown show. And it seems like they don't agree with you. NONE of them. Maybe they are a part of that 1%?

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Herbstreit made a statement which mirrored my opinion. You and rub and the rest of fox sports SW have much more credibility than him though. So I'll definitely just listen to you two jerk offs.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
"I also believe they cheated to get there making the accomplishment irrelevant because of it. That is my opinion yes but it's based on the known information like that article I quoted earlier stated": - BUCKISNUTS

So tell me how AUBURN cheated. All I ask for is ONE FACT that AUBURN did anything wrong in this situation.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude seriously?
BUCK, you're wasting your time. He'll just start calling you names and throwing the usual tantrum. With some people, it's just...

hearnoevilseenoevilspea.jpg

Well... the first two, at least. :laugh:

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You know what.. Im listening to the BCS countdown show. And it seems like they don't agree with you. NONE of them. Maybe they are a part of that 1%?
They are part of the 1% if they believe what you believe. The reality is that they realize that for now the eligibility issue has been decided and don't want to take away from all the schools and their kids who are going to bowls, I assure you they do not all agree with you, they suck anyways.

Herbstreit made a statement which mirrored my opinion. You and rub and the rest of fox sports SW have much more credibility than him though. So I'll definitely just listen to you two jerk offs.
Herbstreit is an ESPN stooge and like everyone there will tow the company line. You claim to hate rumor mongers but then hold up they douches at ESPN as a defense? That's ironic. You're confused.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BUCK, you're wasting your time. He'll just start calling you names and throwing the usual tantrum. With some people, it's just...

View attachment 36438
hahaha I'm coming to that conclusion already. I'm not gonna let this situation ruin anymore of my enjoyment of the rest of the season. It's bowl season, GO BIG TEN! GO BUCKS!!

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
So you mean you guys are not going to post articles every 10 seconds anymore? OH NO!

Herbstreit is more credible than Dougie Houser or whoever writes for FoxSports SW. Yes.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's bowl season, GO BIG TEN! GO BUCKS!!
Dude, some solid SEC-Big Ten match-ups this season: Florida vs. Penn State in the Outback, Miss. State vs. Michigan in the Gator, Alabama vs. Sparty in the Capital One (so glad they fixed the turf after last year's debacle), and of course... Arkansas vs. OSU in the Sugar Bowl.

disgunbegood.gif

SEC! SEC!

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I could create ALABAMAGRAD4LIFE and post whatever I want on any forum I want. Dude are you really that naive? Go jump off a cliff or something, I feel bad for the 10 year olds you teach.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
What I am going to do to you all when Auburn ends up coming through this innocent and with a BCS National Championship.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
So that's good sportsmanship but posting a video of Julio talking to McElroy the same way caused you to cry? :/

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
NCAA PRESIDENT DEFENDS CAM NEWTON AGAIN

NCAA president Mark Emmert, speaking Wednesday at the IMG Intercollegiate Athletics Forum in New York City, again defended the decision to allow Auburn quarterback Cam Newton to retain his eligibility.

"The burden of proof that we have to rely on before we make a decision that affects a university, a young man, a program, or a young woman in a program, is obviously greater than someone who writes in a blog or somebody who has heard a rumor or has a story," Emmert said.

"That decision understandably causes people some angst and stretches credibility when you say, 'Gee, there wasn't any knowledge at the institution or with the individual. It's all been in the media.' But those, in fact, are the facts as we know them. We have to deal with those facts. And I'm actually pleased with the way our people handled it and pleased with the process."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5876716&source=ESPNHeadlines

And before you compliment me.. Yes, it does feel good to think on the same terms as the NCAA president. Thank you.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Who will the Gators dial up??

Chris Petersen, Jim Harbaugh, Dan Mullen, Kyle Wittingham?

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Mullen makes sense -- but I have a feeling Peterson will be the next coach at Florida.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Who will the Gators dial up??

Chris Petersen, Jim Harbaugh, Dan Mullen, Kyle Wittingham?
The departure of one, Urban Meyer, put chills down my spine. Looks like the Gators will be playing their last game for Urban. Not good for Penn State.:bigeyes:

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
The departure of one, Urban Meyer, put chills down my spine. Looks like the Gators will be playing their last game for Urban. Not good for Penn State.:bigeyes:
Yeah, reminds me of Lloyd's Carr's last Michigan team beating down my Gators in the
'07 Capital One Bowl as a going away presemnt for Carr. Well done IMHO.

Actually I thought PSU would easily handle these confused Gators. Hard to tell if they (Gators) will get it together for UM's last game or not.

There are 2 coaches in the Outback Bowl. Urban Meyer, 46, and Joe Paterno, 82. Guess whch one is retiring??

Hard to believe. (IMO Meyer's decision helps UF, Paterno's decision hurts PSU).
Time will tell.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I'd rather Cam never of been discussed on here.. all it does it lead to arguments without facts.

Peterson reminds me alot of Meyer before Meyer came to Florida though. I'm not sure where Peterson has been an assistant at before Boise though and if he has any recruiting ties in the south.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rest assured, Dan Mullen will be the next coach of the Florida Gators. I'm 100% certain. He knows the progressive and dynamic Gator offense as well as anyone, so expect to see him back in Gainesville.

The Outback Bowl is my own back yard, so I'll be happy to watch my Gators light up another big 10 team.....cough......Penn State.....cough.....

Enough with the Cam Newton bull**** at this point. I'm looking forward to Oregan laying an azz whooping on them. That will be justice enough.

Go Ducks!

-John

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Go Ducks!
Hold on my Gator friend. At the end of the day how do you not pull for the SEC team? Just like we all pulled for LSU and "Bama in "07 and '09 and they pulled for the Gators in '06 and '08.

God forbid a PAC-10 team wins the NCG.

I'm pulling for Auburn (and former Gator CN) all the way.

SEC 5 years in a row! Domination baby!!