1-ad/4-ad log - first ever cycle

Caboose

Awards
AMS LOG

As I have been quite busy I haven't always had time to get on the forum to post, so I decided to log it then post the it on the forum as and when I can. I have tried to include as much information as possible. If I have missed anything let me know. Suggestions for improvement would be great. I am thinking of doing a havoc cycle or something similar next.

Before and After Pics will be added.

1-ad, 4-ad, Arom-X Cycle

Name: James

Height: 6' 1"

Starting weight: 168.2Lbs

Stating body fat: 10.8%

I originally planned this cycle (when I was 180lbs/13% bf) to start at the beginning of April, but I went away for a week in at the start March and ended up seriously ill, so lost a month and a lot of weight. So I have used the last few weeks of April to get some general fitness back and be in good shape to start the cycle.

Starting Measurements (Cold, Relax, Unflexed)

Left Arm: 13"
Right Arm: 13"
Left Forearm: 11"
Right Forearm: 11.5"
Chest: 39"
Waist: 33"
Left Leg: 20"
Right Leg: 20"
Left Calve: 14"
Right Calve: 13.5"

Background:

This is my first ever cycle, I wanted something to help boost my gains and get back to where I used to be. I am a slow gainer and it took me awhile to get towards my goal before my injuries.

Used to weigh 185lbs (12-13% bf) back when I was rowing. That was about 12 months ago. I then had an accident and broke a rib in my back and had to have surgery on my knee. Had physio for the last year whilst slowly getting back into training, I won't be able to row or run but weights are fine. Due to this I had lost all muscle mass in my legs so this is why there are a bit out of proportion.

I started rowing at 15, so have a good cardio background, and start weight lifting at 16 and slowly increased it as I got older to help improve my strength and power for rowing. So slightly different to what I am looking at doing now, but I have a good knowledge of what to do. I also worked as a fitness instructor in a gym for a year before changing jobs.

Dosage:

I know these dosages are low but this is what I discussed with the AMS board reps, and as this is my first ph cycle they suggested start small. Also I am in the UK so these are really expensive. I only have one bottle of each so at 3 a day that gives me 3 weeks worth of each.

Week 1: 3 x 1-ad per day
Week 2: 3 x 1-ad + 3 x 4-ad per day
Week 3: 3 x 1-ad + 3 x 4-ad per day
Week 4: 3 x 4-ad per day

These are roughly taken at 7am, 1pm, 7pm. Didn't want to take the last one too late as I have heard some people have trouble sleeping.

PCT:
Nolvadex 40/20/20 + 3 x Arom-x per day

Because of my busy work schedule I only go to the gym 4 times a week.

Sunday: Legs
Monday: Back & Triceps
Tuesday: Rest (Forearm & Calves)
Wednesday: Chest & Biceps
Thursday: Shoulders & Abs
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest (Abs)

I am hoping to move arms to a day by itself as I am changing job and should have more free time.

Diet/Meal Plan:

7am: 2 x Wheatabix or Shredded Wheat, Bowl of Cereal, Banana, Protein shake
10am: Protein bar
12 noon: 10oz Chicken, 250g salad (no sauces, just as is)
3pm: Meal replacement shake
On training days go to the gym roughly between 4-5pm
After training Protein shake
6pm: 2-3 eggs
7-8pm: Brown rice or pasta, broccoli (maybe some other veg), and some form of meat (normally chicken again)
10pm Protein shake

Water intake is about 3-4 litres/6-8 pints a day.

Overall Goal: Eventually get to 200lbs.

Goal for this cycle: With it being such a low dosage gain and keep a few pounds, lose a bit of body fat. I'm not expecting any huge gains, just a bit more than I would without the cycle.

Started Monday 11th May 2009

Week 1:

Day 1:

Training: Back & Triceps

Dosage: 3 x 1-ad
Sides: None really, had some stomach cramps after my workout, but I think that was just because I was so hungry, as soon as I ate something and had a shake it was fine.
Other Notes: Workout seemed quicker than normal, but my training partner couldn't make it so could just be that I was a bit quicker on my own. I would have thought it was too early to see a difference just yet. Slept really well.

Day 2:

Training: Rest (Forearm + Calves)

Sides: None
Other Notes: Slept fine. Ate well, felt good.

Day 3:

Training: Chest & Biceps

Sides: Had 1 or 2 small spots this morning on my forehead, but that could just be coincidence.
Other Notes: Training went well, felt like I got a really good pump like when taking No-xplode or some other Nox product. Slight increase in what I lifted form last week, but I think that would have happened anyway. Slept really well, was knackered after training.

Day 4:

Training: Shoulders & Abs

Sides: Had something a bit like heart burn but in my stomach after taking two of the doses. Went away with in 10-15mins. Didn't cause any discomfort, it was just noticeable.
Other Notes: Training went well again. Still training on my own as training partner is ill. Increased appetite. Thinking of adding 25g of blended oats in with each shake.

Day 5:

Training: Rest

Sides: Again had the burning sensation.
Other Notes: None

Day 6:

Training: Rest (Abs)

Sides: Had diner late so I took the last does a bit late so had a bit of trouble getting to sleep due to burning sensation.
Other Notes: Missed doing abs as I was at a Nabba show all day.

Day 7:

Training: Legs

Sides: No more burning sensation
Other Notes: Really good workout

Weight has gone up almost 2lbs, with a 0.1% increase in body fat, I was hoping fat would go down, but I'm not doing much if any cardio at the moment, so I am happy with this so far.
Mood has been fine and I've had no lethargy problems. Sex drive is the same as before. Not sure if my testicles are a bit smaller or not, might just be in my head.

Weight: 170lbs
body fat: 10.9%

Caboose

Awards
I'll try and update this log on the forum more often now

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Looking good man! Keep the info coming good stuff.

Caboose

Awards
Week 2:

Day 8:

Dosage: 3 x 1-ad + 3 x 4-ad
Sides: First day on both, no sides.
Other Notes: Definatley felt a bit stronger today. Able to push really hard. Slept like a log.

Day 9:

Sides: Few spots on my back, but that was all.
Other Notes: Felt a bit tired, but been getting up very early, so think it's more to do with that.

Day 10:

Sides: Few more spots, last lot had already gone so only ever have a few at a time, so this doesn't bother me
Other Notes: Felt strong but think I over did it my triceps on Monday and forearems on Tuesday, my grip and triceps felt tired and unable to go as heavy as I could have gone. Next week I am going to change the order of my workouts as follows to see if it makes a difference.

Sunday: Legs
Monday: Chest & Biceps
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Shoulders & Abs
Thursday: Back & Triceps
Friday: Rest (Forearm & Calves)
Saturday: Rest (Abs)

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good mate! I'm really interested in how this works out for you as I'm thinking about running the same stack in the beginning of next year after my Masterdrol, M1D stack.

Caboose

Awards
Day 11:

Sides: Definatley have a bit of testicular apathy now. Not sure if its the combination of the 2 or the 4-ad that has caused it. I'm putting my faith in the Arom-X to sort this out. Glad I have a SERM for PCT.
Other Notes: Didn't feel stronger than usual, but incrased weight on all exercises by 5-10lbs from last week.

Day 12:

Other Notes:

Day 13:

Other Notes: Did an hour cardio on a bike aswell. Afterwards thought this might be a mistake with doing legs tomorrow.

Day 14:

Other Notes: Felt a bit tired from the cardio yesterday so had longer rests between sets than normal, but felt really strong. Squat went up 44lbs from last week, straight leg deadlift went up 22lbs. Everything went up at least 22lbs. Great workout.

Weight: 172.4lbs
body fat: 11%

Bf again has gone up 0.1% but not to bothered as I have gained 2.4lbs this week. To be honest I feel and look like I have lost fat so not sure how this hasn't dropped. I had my weight lifting belt tigher than I can normally get it today.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
is it true 1ad is going to be a liuquid now? I was gonna run a stack but i h8 these liquid sublingual things, any chance the 1ad still gets produced in pill form for those who prefer pill?

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
is it true 1ad is going to be a liuquid now? I was gonna run a stack but i h8 these liquid sublingual things, any chance the 1ad still gets produced in pill form for those who prefer pill?
Yes, they will be plenty of the pill form around for a while.

Caboose

Awards
Week 3:

Day 15:

Other Notes: great workout, got a really good pump, felt really stong, all exercises increased between 10-20lbs.

Day 16:

Sides: None, haven't even had any spots for awhile now
Other Notes:

Day 17:

Other Notes: Really good workout, pushed myself hard than last week, shoulders feel so tired I can't lift my arms. Incresed shoulder press by 10lbs.

Caboose

Awards
Day 18:

Sides: Bit tired today and short temper
Other Notes: Pulled a muscle yesterday so going to do back tomorrow.

Day 19:

Sides: tired and short temper
Other Notes: Still got a bit of a twinge so will rest for one more day

Day 20:

Sides: Feel good today, did back and tri's to catch up on what I missed.
Other Notes: Great workout, went heavier on most exercises.

Day 21:

Dosage: 3 x 4-ad
Sides: Short temper again this morning, but after working out feel fine.
Other Notes: Out of 1-ad now. Had a great workout, squat and deadlift, went up another 22lbs from last week. All other exercises increased by at least 11lbs.

Weight: 174.2lbs
body fat: 11.0%

Up almost 2lbs from last week and body fat has remained the same. I know these are small gains but the dose is low so I am happy with this.

Caboose

Awards
Week 4:

Day 22:

Other Notes: Great workout, really strong, incline press up 22lbs from last week, everything else went up too. Got my training partner back now, useful to have a spot again.

Day 23:

Other Notes:

Day 24:

Other Notes: Another great workout, shoulder press up 11lbs, most other exercises increased too, felt generally stronger

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good! How's the irritations/aggressions? Bearable?!?
Nice progress so far, I'm keen on trying this stuff myself :)

//CC

Caboose

Awards
I found that if I take the pills in the middle of a meal or just before I start eating it has stopped the irritations I was having.

As for aggression, I was quite aggressive towards the end of week 3 for a couple of days, I was a bit short with people and quick to shout, that has calmed down and I've been in a great mood. Although I was having some aggression problems, I was with some annoying people that piss me off that the so that didn't help.

I know I haven't finished the cycle yet but I would really recommend these products. I want to try the UTT products next (not sure I can get these in the UK yet). I would do this stack again, but I would increase the dosages. As I said at the start, this is my first cycle so I wanted to keep it low to test my tolerance.

Day 25:

Other Notes: Amazing workout, arms were really strong today. Lat pulldown went up 22Lbs. I was in a great mood and really up for this workout.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
I found that if I take the pills in the middle of a meal or just before I start eating it has stopped the irritations I was having.

As for aggression, I was quite aggressive towards the end of week 3 for a couple of days, I was a bit short with people and quick to shout, that has calmed down and I've been in a great mood. Although I was having some aggression problems, I was with some annoying people that piss me off that the so that didn't help.

I know I haven't finished the cycle yet but I would really recommend these products. I want to try the UTT products next (not sure I can get these in the UK yet). I would do this stack again, but I would increase the dosages. As I said at the start, this is my first cycle so I wanted to keep it low to test my tolerance.

Day 25:

Other Notes: Amazing workout, arms were really strong today. Lat pulldown went up 22Lbs. I was in a great mood and really up for this workout.
Looking good Bro.
Nice log.

AMS does make some high quality products.

JP

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
Up 22lbs on the pulldowns...Way to go man looks like this cycle is really working for you.

Caboose

Awards
Day 26:

Other Notes: Last minute business trip, bit pissed of about this as means I will miss some training, I will try and do some when I get there. Got the last of my 4-ad and picked up all my PCT stuff to take with me to start while I am away.

Day 27:

Other Notes:

Day 28:

Dosage: 40mg Nolvadex, 3 x Arom-X
Other Notes: Out of 4-ad now, so straight into PCT.

Weight: 175Lbs
body fat: 10.9%

Still in the right direction, but not much improvement this week, the low dosage, and the fact I missed some training won't have helped.

Week 5:

Day 29:

Sides: none
Other Notes: Still away

Day 30:

Other Notes:

Day 31:

Other Notes: Increase in sex drive

Day 32:

Other Notes: Got back today, so will make up for lost training at the weekend. I know this will effect my overall cycle, but as it's my first with low dosage, I'm not too pissed. Weighted myself today and I'm still 175Lbs, so haven't lost anything while away.

Caboose

Awards
Thanks guys,

I agree, AMS make some great products, can't wait till I can get my hands on the UTT line. Otherwise I'll run another cycle like this but at a higher dosage

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice progress! Congrats! How was the shutdown on cycle??

//CC

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys,

I agree, AMS make some great products, can't wait till I can get my hands on the UTT line. Otherwise I'll run another cycle like this but at a higher dosage
If you liked the pill form you'll really wanna try the UTT versions...Good luck with you pct bro.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is Nolva needed for PCT or is just Arom-X sufficient enough?

//CC

Caboose

Awards
If you liked the pill form you'll really wanna try the UTT versions...Good luck with you pct bro.
Thanks, I have found liquidrone in the UK so I will be trying that next.

Is Nolva needed for PCT or is just Arom-X sufficient enough?
To be honest I think the shutdown was minimal if any at all.

I can't comment on higher dosages, but from what I have heard form others they haven't had problems.

For me I think Arom-X would have been fine on it's own. I got the Nolva just incase and I have access to it

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I have found liquidrone in the UK so I will be trying that next.

To be honest I think the shutdown was minimal if any at all.

I can't comment on higher dosages, but from what I have heard form others they haven't had problems.

For me I think Arom-X would have been fine on it's own. I got the Nolva just incase and I have access to it
Let us know when u try the Liquidrone! As for the Nolva its always a good idea to have a back up plan if things go south. If you follow the dosing recomendations the Arom-X will be suffcient.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK Thanx for the input :) I just don't have access to Nolva. Could I substitute it with something else if I go for higher doses?!

//CC

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
OK Thanx for the input :) I just don't have access to Nolva. Could I substitute it with something else if I go for higher doses?!

//CC
As long as the dosages are in a reasonable range you'll be good with 4-6 Arom-x tabs daily during PCT.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And by reasonable range you mean following your stacking chart i persume?! :)

//CC

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro! Can't wait to give these products a go :)

//CC

Caboose

Awards
Day 33:

Other Notes: Did back today to make up for missing things during the week. No increase in the weight, but felt like it was a bit easier.

Day 34:

Other Notes: Did shoulders today to make up for missing things during the week.

Day 35:

Other Notes: Strength was great. I was a bit worried I would lose at least a bit after losing the best part of a week. If anything I felt refreshed and rested and I powered through all the exercises. Squats and deadlifts went up 22lbs again.

Weight: Didn't get a chance to weight myself, will get this posted asap.
body fat:

Week 6:

Day 36:

Dosage: 20mg Nolva + 3 x Arom-x
Other Notes: Great workout, stronger than ever. Incline press went up slightly again. Flat bench went up 22lbs. For strength gains I really rate these products, next time I'll try something that will add more mass, or stack it with these.

Day 37:

Caboose

Awards
Day 38:

Other Notes: Good workout, nothing special though

Day 39:

Other Notes: Had an exhausting workout. Really pushed hard today.

Day 40:

Other Notes: Took the arom-x a bit late after food so had a bit of discomfort

Day 41:

Day 42:

Other Notes: Really strong again today. Squat went up 22lbs. Deadlift didn't go up but afterwards I felt like I could have lifted more. So will put it up next week.

Weight: 175lbs
body fat: 10.2%

No increase in weight but body fat has gone down, so I'm happy with that. Some of the big guys at my gym have also commented on how much stronger and bigger I've got this last week. So that was good for moral. I'm looking bigger and a bit leaner in the mirror to now, so I'm very happy with this weeks results. Also my sex drive is through the roof.

Week 7:

Day 43:

Sides: None, one or 2 spots on my back
Other Notes: The workout today was unreal. It was so hot in the gym as the air-con was broken, which made me feel a bit drained, but I just kept lifting more and more even though I didn't feel like I could do it. I think everything went up today. I used the chest press machine, so started on what I normally do and just kept adding more weight as it just felt so easy, ending up lifting over 210lbs which is 44lbs more than last time. And I could have gone heavier if I hadn't done some of the earlier sets on a lighter weight. I wasn't being sloppy either, my technique was just spot on, it really did just feel like I was lifting nothing, and this was the last exercise I did! I really can't believe the strength gains I am making off this stuff.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to hear ur progress bro! Sounds amazing :) Makes me wanna order some right away!

//CC

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
Day 38:

Other Notes: Good workout, nothing special though

Day 39:

Other Notes: Had an exhausting workout. Really pushed hard today.

Day 40:

Other Notes: Took the arom-x a bit late after food so had a bit of discomfort

Day 41:

Day 42:

Other Notes: Really strong again today. Squat went up 22lbs. Deadlift didn't go up but afterwards I felt like I could have lifted more. So will put it up next week.

Weight: 175lbs

No increase in weight but body fat has gone down, so I'm happy with that. Some of the big guys at my gym have also commented on how much stronger and bigger I've got this last week. So that was good for moral. I'm looking bigger and a bit leaner in the mirror to now, so I'm very happy with this weeks results. Also my sex drive is through the roof.

Week 7:

Day 43:

Sides: None, one or 2 spots on my back
Other Notes: The workout today was unreal. It was so hot in the gym as the air-con was broken, which made me feel a bit drained, but I just kept lifting more and more even though I didn't feel like I could do it. I think everything went up today. I used the chest press machine, so started on what I normally do and just kept adding more weight as it just felt so easy, ending up lifting over 210lbs which is 44lbs more than last time. And I could have gone heavier if I hadn't done some of the earlier sets on a lighter weight. I wasn't being sloppy either, my technique was just spot on, it really did just feel like I was lifting nothing, and this was the last exercise I did! I really can't believe the strength gains I am making off this stuff.
Keep up the good work man!

Caboose

Awards
Sorry for the slow update on the last few last days, but I just moved house.

I did complete the cycle and finish pct as planed though.

Day 44:

Other Notes:

Day 45:

Other Notes: Good workout, seemed to rest a bit less between sets

Day 46:

Other Notes: No increase on max but did more sets on the max weight

Day 47:

Other Notes:

Day 48:

Sides:
Other Notes:

Day 49:

Sides:
Other Notes:

Weight: 175

Overall Results after PCT: + 6.8lbs, bf - 0.6%

Overall Sides after PCT: None at all

Caboose

Awards
I'm very happy with what I got out of this cycle, I have not gained loads, but my strength has gone up massively and I have kept that strength through PCT, so I am hoping that will continue. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

Next I want to try the UTT Dienedrone with 4-ad UTT. I want to put more mass on from my next cycle.

Bluedev14

Bluedev14

Awards
Hmm still cant decide if i want to try this or not. 21 and i'm sitting around 5'11, 162 lbs. just looking to gain about 5 lbs of lean muscle. would you recommend?>