Poll: In case anyone's curious who's subscribed

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Double Deuce

Page 3 of 13 First 12345 ... Last

1. nyc, how do you hold the bar? there are 2 highly used ways of holding the bar on a front squat...

1. crossed, kinda like you're doing a crunch
    2. as if you had just cleaned the bar...

One might be easier than the other for you. 2 would probably be easiest for balance.

2. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    nyc, how do you hold the bar? there are 2 highly used ways of holding the bar on a front squat...

1. crossed, kinda like you're doing a crunch
    2. as if you had just cleaned the bar...

One might be easier than the other for you. 2 would probably be easiest for balance.
    tried everything.

from olympic, to crossed to switched arms crossed to almost passing out once lol isnt there some thing you can make youself passout it think doing front squats haha

i also havent done them in a while im sure it would come back to me alittle better i used to be able to hold it olypmic style but i tried other day and i couldnt. also my back was acting up so we shall see next time
    •   

3. I personally like the hang-clean method for holding it. Stick your elbows forward and the bar rests perfectly across your upper chest and shoulders. The guy I train with prefers the arms crossed method. To each his own I guess.

I'm going to PM you some shtuff.

In all honesty, I prefer front squats to conventional ones with regards to overall comfort in doing them.

4. Exactly...I prefer doing them with my arms crossed...the bar seems to fit into a divot in my delts perfectly.

5. Shoulders.

Snatches: 145*3
    DB Military Press: 70*9
    Cable Side Lateral Raise: 60*7
    DB Rear Delt Raise: 20*12 (hold at the top for a few seconds)
    Leg Press Calf Raise: 560*13
    Wrist Curls in Front: 115*13
    Decline Russian Twist: 35*14

Whew, the negatives were killer today, gave me some wicked pumped-action.
    •   

6. I'm curious on what the decline russian twist is?

7. I'm sitting on one of those declines, like someone about to do decline crunches with a plate. I'm about halfway up in the crunching ROM. Holding the plate straight out in front of me, I twist my shoulders from side to side.

Imagine this, except I'm on an decline/incline (whichever way you're looking at it), I'm holding a weight, and I'm much better looking :P
    Bodybuilding.com - Exercise Guides Database.

8. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I'm sitting on one of those declines, like someone about to do decline crunches with a plate. I'm about halfway up in the crunching ROM. Holding the plate straight out in front of me, I twist my shoulders from side to side.

Imagine this, except I'm on an incline, I'm holding a weight, and I'm much better looking :P
    Bodybuilding.com - Exercise Guides Database.
    In that case instead of settling for second best pictures i'll wait for your picture version of it

9. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    In that case instead of settling for second best pictures i'll wait for your picture version of it
    No offense, but watching Wizz-Ra do the Russian Twist is a but unappealing to the eye... he's much sexier doing squats and cardio.... LMFAO!

10. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I'm curious on what the decline russian twist is?
    I was so scared to scroll down and see the answer to this....

11. You have any pics hotboy?

I don't think I have ever seen your build...great lifts for your weight tho..very nice.

12. Cardio & Cake day

Did HIIT for about 10 minutes to start off the workout
    40-60s intervals of 11mph @ 5% gradient for the first half and intervals of 9mph @ 10% gradient for the second half.

Afterwards (of course) I done jumped dat dere rope, but I didn't take any dat dere cell-tech, though.

13. Is today your birthday? If so Happy Birthday!

14. but what if I don't want to wish you a happy birthday?

15. In that case....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

16. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Yeah, I turn 22 today.

[let's please not flood this thread with Happy Birthday Posts. Unless otherwise specified, I will assume you wish me a happy birthday.]
    and wasnt there something else that came in a package a few weeks back you were going to explain today too? some parts of my random access memory work ok

17. Bro, don't send me anything back, consider what I sent you a bday gift, I had no idea..

18. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I'll have to pimp you out sometime down the road RA.
    haha I thought I did the pimping around here bro...

19. Back, Biceps, and Watching Hot Chicks do Cardio

Deadlift: 350*6
    Weighted Pullups: 55*6
    Standing DB Rows: 85*6
    Peacher Curls: 100*7
    Seaed Calf Raise: 210*10
    Decline Crunches: 35*13
    Behind the back wrist curls: 205*12

**All sets were done with a 5+ seconds eccentric phase and I am paying the consequences **

Thursdays are the big night for goin' out drinkin' so it seems to be that a lot of the ladies who go out that day seem to do some extra cardio in the morning in attempt to compensate for the empty drinkin' calories. I can't say that I approve of this, but it sure is fun to watch

Bodyweight today: 187.5lbs Woo Woo, the sintrain is a chuggin!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Double order by accident
    By BigP0ppa3 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 05:37 PM
  2. Double check myself
    By Skye in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 04:33 PM
  3. Double Splits
    By iron addict in forum Training Forum