Tygas home log for powerlifting and stuff

Page 15 of 19 First ... 1314151617 ... Last
  1. Tygas home log for powerlifting and stuff

I can get mine to pop (when it needs it, not every time) by standing upright and squeezing my glutes and adductors simultaneously.

Some other member posted a few videos regarding SI stuff, i havent really tried them but ill find the thread and copy it in here. Let me know how it works if you try it.

Anyone with SI joint problems/pelvic imbalance
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    I can get mine to pop (when it needs it, not every time) by standing upright and squeezing my glutes and adductors simultaneously.

Some other member posted a few videos regarding SI stuff, i havent really tried them but ill find the thread and copy it in here. Let me know how it works if you try it.

Anyone with SI joint problems/pelvic imbalance
    Thanks bud.

Found an article where McGill recommends
    -bear crawls
    -plank variations
    -deadbugs

I'll just add bear crawls to my warm ups and see if that helps. I've been trying to do more dead bugs but whenever I lower my right leg and left arm I get like a popping/crunching in what feels like my adductor or pectineus Name:  IMG_8023.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  119.9 KB area.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    •   

3. Ever done Hip Rails? IR/ER stretch. Has helped me alot with my snapping hip pathology. I say pathology because it comes and goes, never really inflames but once it starts it doesn't let up for a few days.
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196

4. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Ever done Hip Rails? IR/ER stretch. Has helped me alot with my snapping hip pathology. I say pathology because it comes and goes, never really inflames but once it starts it doesn't let up for a few days.
    I have not. Im going to look into it now!
  5. Tygas home log for powerlifting and stuff

Cycle 2
    W6D2
    RTS

Tempo squats
    265x3
    250x3r x2s
    https://instagram.com/p/BZkHdO-nXse/

Db bench
    60,65 x12
    70x11

TBar row (myo rep)
    70x8 +5 + 4 = 17

Kneeling pallof press
    40lb x15 per side three times

Going to round this block out with tempos for squat and start my next block with them as well.

Take care
    God bless!
    •   

6. Hows the back?
    Training log:

7. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Hows the back?
    Held up lol so that's a good sign!

No popping, tenderness or soreness so I'm not sure what to make of it. It's the second time in the last three weeks though. I was able to screw my feet into the floor, flex my glute and get my left SIJ to pop.

I'm going to be getting back to the basics with my lumbar/spine rehab though.

Morning- Monday- Sunday
    90/90 breathing 3 sets 10 second holds
    10 bird dogs 2 sets

Night- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
    10 bird dogs 3 sets
    Side planks with progressions 7-10sec holds with added sets versus time when strength gets better

After training-
    3x a week kneeling pallof presses
    2x a week ab roll outs
    1x a week stir the pots

8. Looks like a good game plan. And yep, just how you described is how i am able to pop mine as well. I was just thinking today I need to do more abs. Ive been doing more than I previously had but I'm starting to slip again.
    Training log:

9. W6D3

Deadlift
    320x2
    320x1

RIght SIJ popped, again mid rep on my single. Wasn't horrible but the weight and pulling actually had it pretty tight (R-glute mainly) last night and this morning until I did my 90/90 and it popped.

Going to "deload" next week and slow down in the upcoming block(s) on squats and deads. Can't compete in the meet if I'm Injured.

Rope pull through
    90,100,110 x10

45 degree back ext- focus on glutes
    12s for 4 sets

10. W6D4

Bench
    245x2
    245x1r x4s

Cgbp
    95,115,135 x10

Bicep exercises (2)
    Tricep exercises (2) ~ besides cgbp

Stir the pots
    Single leg glute kick back machine (right glute only) ~ read from Bret contreras if you have inactive glutes (or glute) to only hit stimulate the one.

Next week is easy street, then I'll start a new block and be mindful of loading progressions and take it slow. #teamsubmaxbois getting practice work in lol

11. Sucks it keeps popping but at least it seems to not be painful.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

12. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Sucks it keeps popping but at least it seems to not be painful.
    Yeah the popping actually feels good. But, I'm guessing since it's under a load it causes the surrounding muscles to start guarding/tense up.

Idk. Imma ease into this next block lol

13. Deload week

Kept it real simple and short.

Squat
    225x3x3 @6

Bench
    185x8 @6
    185x6x2 @7

Dead hang chins
    Body weight x8x4

Lateral raises
    8lb x15-20

14. Plans
    5 weeks block
    Deload

5 week block
    Deload

4 week
    Peak ---> comp

"Peak week"
    Monday ---> SBD @92ish percent for a single no down sets

Wednesday---> SBD @7 doubles no down sets

Treating it with the same RTS peak I did two years ago. Cut the volume intensity stays.

Also, been monitoring my HRV. Will use this as another tool to keep training progression and injuries down.

15. Day two deload

Kb Goblet sq
    44, 60, 60 x10

Kb swings
    44, 60, 60 x10

Db incline
    75x6 @7

Seated row
    70x8x3

Machine laterals
    40x15x3

Friday I'll pull a few doubles @7 and hit arms. Rest Saturday and Sunday then Monday is time to buckle down!

16. Name:  IMG_8054.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  357.9 KB

Small order cam in today.

MCC for the gains.

I'll take the phenibut occasionally (if I really push it in the gym, I'll take it that night to try and "enhance" sleep/recovery)

Bcaas because I don't eat breakfast and my lunch isn't typically until 11am)

Anyways.

Oh, moving forward supplements will be:

Pre workout of choice
    Intra (cho + bcaa ~ xtend endure)
    Protein
    Vitamin D 10k iu 5 days a week
    Magnesium 400mg ed
    MCC

Days I lift I'll mix the MCC in with my intra. Days I rest it'll be mixed in with my morning bcaas.

I have *maybe* 15 workouts with ARA left. After that I may throw some sort of natty Anabolic in. I've been looking at Performax Massmax XT.. but, I'll decide that once the ArA runs out. I can't run ArA again unless I'm on a BUNCH of cissus lol it has DESTROYED my knees.

17. Day three deload

Deadlift against green mini
    185x3x2s
    205x3
    225x3

CGBP
    135x8x2s

Bb curl
    Tricep ext

Stir the pots two sets 12

18. W1D1
    RTS

Comp Squat [email protected]
    255x7
    235x7x2s

CGBP [email protected]
    120x6
    115x6x4s
    *idk the bar weight, it's on a smith that's not on a fixed track - moves vertical and horizontal.

seated row
    50x15
    60x15x3s

45 degree back ext
    3 sets of 12

19. Went to a PT to have my SIJ looked at. Verbatim, "Your right SI is glued down". The sheering from pulling/squatting is causing it to pop hence the pain and guarding. Anyhow, he told me to stretch my ilipsoas among a few other things.

20. @jswain34

What do you do to tame yours? Outside of bat hangs

21. Dont you have a Theracane by now?
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196

22. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    @jswain34

What do you do to tame yours? Outside of bat hangs
    Truthfully man, hangs do seem to work the best for me. That in conjunction with just avoiding things that piss it off for a few weeks has really always been how ive gotten mine to settle down. Although, the first time it ever got bad on me I did go to the chiro and after 2 adjustments I felt substantially better.
    Training log:

23. ^^^I do it before every session...my right hip clicks and pops every time, just once, than never again during the actual session...I stay in this position for 60 seconds each side...

it's hard to explain how I do it, but I'll give it a try...

instead of no back support, I sit with my back against the wall...I cross one leg, but instead of keeping the other leg straight, I bend and bring it up towards me while keeping my foot flat...I than take the leg that is still crossed, and pull it in and towards me...I hold this stretch for 2 separate increments of 30 and 45 seconds, both legs...

doing these 2 stretches religiously before each session has literally been a game changer...that lower back on fire feeling, and annoying "nerve" type pain never shows its ugly face for me anymore...since adding both of these stretches to my routine, I haven't had my back "go out" in almost 2 years.

24. That first video is huge for me to open up my adductors for sumo pulling.
    Training log:

25. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Dont you have a Theracane by now?
    I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Truthfully man, hangs do seem to work the best for me. That in conjunction with just avoiding things that piss it off for a few weeks has really always been how ive gotten mine to settle down. Although, the first time it ever got bad on me I did go to the chiro and after 2 adjustments I felt substantially better.
    Need to find a spot to hang at then lol I workout at a commercial gym (anytime fitness) and I kid you not, i squat the most (weight) in this gym. I'm not even trying to toot my horn here but it's reality lol so, I imagine that I'll get quite a few looks when I'm hanging inside of a band They already stare when I put my mouth piece in for my top sets of squats lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomo View Post

^^^I do it before every session...my right hip clicks and pops every time, just once, than never again during the actual session...I stay in this position for 60 seconds each side...

it's hard to explain how I do it, but I'll give it a try...

instead of no back support, I sit with my back against the wall...I cross one leg, but instead of keeping the other leg straight, I bend and bring it up towards me while keeping my foot flat...I than take the leg that is still crossed, and pull it in and towards me...I hold this stretch for 2 separate increments of 30 and 45 seconds, both legs...

doing these 2 stretches religiously before each session has literally been a game changer...that lower back on fire feeling, and annoying "nerve" type pain never shows its ugly face for me anymore...since adding both of these stretches to my routine, I haven't had my back "go out" in almost 2 years.
    You're the man yomo! I have the supple leopard in my possession lol I didn't even think about it Also, ordered McGills newest book (the one with Brian Carroll and Blaine Sumner) "The gift of injury". So, that should be helpful...
    Name:  IMG_8095.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  125.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_1507658573.531491.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  329.2 KB
    ^^ need to open this up now that you've reminded me.

Thanks a ton guys! Gotta keep on the right track, I don't want to bow out of this meet.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jswain's training log for powerlifting
    By jswain34 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 4284
    Last Post: Yesterday, 06:49 PM
  2. BK's Log For success..and all that good stuff.
    By BigKrabbe in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 10:47 AM
  3. Waking up early for work and powerlifting
    By firstbat71 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 02:22 AM
  4. Polynomial's "let's get strong for fun and profit" log
    By Polynomial in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 244
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 07:29 PM
  5. Log for SNS Creatine E2 matrix and Arg. E2