Herder's 2014 Log: All About the XPC Semi's

Page 59 of 176 First ... 5758596061 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Nice squats, Dude.

I gut mashed today due to your gut mashing. I <3 gut mashing.

Give that psoas stretch the Rodja posted a try. Same as the hip flexor stretch and you can add in a band distraction like KStarr/SuperD. Just internally rotate the down leg, contract glutes, extend and externally rotate arms, and extend wrists.
    Link please?

2. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Link please?
    http://youtu.be/iEbvVwuBnzg
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

3. Tried to bench a couple times this weekend, couldn't nail it down. Those inclines with too close of a grip really did a number on my shoulders. So today after trying to work up:

Combine Bench
    225X18

JMs
    95x3x12

Good time to jump on the JM reset bandwagon. I was letting my elbows drift toward the floor too much at 185.

BB Curls
    65x3x20
    65x16

Vogelpohl Rows
    Lightx3x15

And done. At the very least, I have a big upper body pump from all of the reppage. I'll hit speedy benches this week, also switching to more elbow friendly squatting until after the 6th
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

4. Should mention also that sleeping on a couch and trying to ride a stand-up jetski for the first time in four years is not conducive to having good days in the gym. But the mini vacation was needed, so I'll take the tradeoff.
    Training log:

5. Solid benching and sounds like a lot of fun, mane.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Solid benching and sounds like a lot of fun, mane.
    Tons o fun. Drag races Saturday night, jetskis all weekend, and assault rifles on Sunday morning. Most excellent.
    Training log:

7. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Tons o fun. Drag races Saturday night, jetskis all weekend, and assault rifles on Sunday morning. Most excellent.
    Pretty jelly of that weekend man. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

8. Beast. Sounds like a good weekend too.

Sick of my fishing pictures on IG yet? Lol
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

9. Squat Day!

Box Squats against greens
    275X2 belt only (good weight for raw speedwork)
    Add preds
    365x11x2
    Add wraps, remove box
    405X1

Filling out my briefs more lately, weight is 235. Hard to groove and make it to the box in briefs today, even though I was really dialed in raw. Held the bar high today. Super easy on my shoulders and elbow.

Free squat in briefs was weird. We'll leave it alone.

Pull against greens underfoot
    385x2 singles
    Woof.
    Straight weight
    385X2,4

Finally made some headway speeding up my setup and spending less time in position. I've been thinking too much of late, which always puts my pulls in the crapper. That's all I had time for, Might pull again tomorrow.
    Training log:

10. Good job on the squats man. I wish i could touch a box or hit parallel with anything under 550 in my briefs lol

11. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Good job on the squats man. I wish i could touch a box or hit parallel with anything under 550 in my briefs lol
    Hahaha I bought them big on purpose so I could learn to squat in them. My other sets, my pelvis was rolling under, this was my last set and the only one where I maintained an arch. Glad they looked good, that was a bit of a struggle.
    Training log:

12. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Hahaha I bought them big on purpose so I could learn to squat in them. My other sets, my pelvis was rolling under, this was my last set and the only one where I maintained an arch. Glad they looked good, that was a bit of a struggle.
    I have watched a bunch of box squat videos and most of the westside ones seem to have the pelvis roll some.

13. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post

I have watched a bunch of box squat videos and most of the westside ones seem to have the pelvis roll some.
    I'm seeing the same thing. Heading to South Carolina next week for a short trip, so I'll have the guys at the compound straighten anything they see out. That was partly why I took so many reps in my briefs today, to get it figured out.
    Training log:

14. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

I'm seeing the same thing. Heading to South Carolina next week for a short trip, so I'll have the guys at the compound straighten anything they see out. That was partly why I took so many reps in my briefs today, to get it figured out.
    Id love to see some videos of their opinion of the proper box squat. I never get the same opinion twice. Even jo and brian have different ones lol

15. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post

Id love to see some videos of their opinion of the proper box squat. I never get the same opinion twice. Even jo and brian have different ones lol
    Last time I was there, I kept everything tight on the box while others released their hips and/or rolled under. From what I saw, they let that be. Their main coaching points were a good unpack, keeping head position, and "stay away from your knees" for me in particular.
    Training log:

16. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Last time I was there, I kept everything tight on the box while others released their hips and/or rolled under. From what I saw, they let that be. Their main coaching points were a good unpack, keeping head position, and "stay away from your knees" for me in particular.
    Ah ok. I release my hips personally which looses some arch but i dont round under. Brian used me for a video he is making on how to box squat and said that was correct. Amd that is how westside teachs it and louie even showed laura doing it amd said it was perfect form. So i have zero idea anymore.

17. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post

Ah ok. I release my hips personally which looses some arch but i dont round under. Brian used me for a video he is making on how to box squat and said that was correct. Amd that is how westside teachs it and louie even showed laura doing it amd said it was perfect form. So i have zero idea anymore.
    I'm with you, man. I just sit on the box quickly, land softly and then try like he'll to get the **** up off of it, personally lol
    Training log:

18. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

I'm with you, man. I just sit on the box quickly, land softly and then try like he'll to get the **** up off of it, personally lol
    That is probably the best way to do it, esp being raw like you

19. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Makes sense. When I don't rock, I do have my knees shoot forward more often than I'd like. Thanks a ton for the video. Huge help.
    Training log:

20. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Good job on the squats man. I wish i could touch a box or hit parallel with anything under 550 in my briefs lol
    Good lord. How tight are your briefs?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

21. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Good lord. How tight are your briefs?
    Very tight. I had them altered to fit like a glove. Same with my dl suit. I have been using an ace suit straps down (which i pull in) while my briefs were being altered. It is a size 50, i wear a size 56 over briefs if that gives you an idea on tightness.

22. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Very tight. I had them altered to fit like a glove. Same with my dl suit. I have been using an ace suit straps down (which i pull in) while my briefs were being altered. It is a size 50, i wear a size 56 over briefs if that gives you an idea on tightness.
    Old Ace or newer Ace? They've changed how they fit, especially the shirts. I think they've flared the legs on the suits somewhat recently and imagine they did it on the briefs as well.

Do you find that your knees shoot in with really tight Ace gear? I had to move up a size after I outgrew my first pair and they were shooting my knees in out of the hole.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

23. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Old Ace or newer Ace? They've changed how they fit, especially the shirts. I think they've flared the legs on the suits somewhat recently and imagine they did it on the briefs as well.

Do you find that your knees shoot in with really tight Ace gear? I had to move up a size after I outgrew my first pair and they were shooting my knees in out of the hole.
    The 50 suit is old and the 56 is new. Nope ive never had it shoot my knees in. Ive only had it make it hard for me to get into my proper stance and sit back properly. But that was only once and that suit was 2 sizes to small

24. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    The 50 suit is old and the 56 is new. Nope ive never had it shoot my knees in. Ive only had it make it hard for me to get into my proper stance and sit back properly. But that was only once and that suit was 2 sizes to small
    My first Ace was an older 52 with the hips taken in about 1". My current one is a newer 54. I went from a 44 to a 46 brief because of the knee shorting problem.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

25. nice squats man, a lot of doubling there. thinking on pulls is all bad haha, i go with a cue or two, beyond that thinking is a negative.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

My first Ace was an older 52 with the hips taken in about 1". My current one is a newer 54. I went from a 44 to a 46 brief because of the knee shorting problem.
    At least stock gear fits you and you can make those easy changes. I had to get a 48 brief to fit over my legs then have the hips taken in.

27. Rough day in the shed today. Looking to make something go right, but nothing would.

Shirt Bench
    Work up raw
    365X2 off 2 board
    Add shirt (sleeves twisted and collar pulled down)
    405 float x1
    455 float x1
    475 float at 1.5 boards (taken)
    495 unracked then taken

Only had two spotters, so spotters took 475 at their discretion. 495 I didn't chalk my hands and they were sliding outward, so I had them take it. If I could get the technique down with the shirt set like this, I could hit a really big number.

Deadlift (was planning on doing a full deadlift session)
    455X2x3

Then, inexplicably, I was trying to fix some form stuff and could not get the bar to leave the floor at 455. Frustrating.

Front Squat
    135x5
    225X5
    275X5
    315x1

On my last set, my spud straps wrapped around the bar and distracted me on the first rep causing the rep to be very poor compared to my 275 set, so I racked it and chalked it up as a bad day.

Leaving for South Carolina tomorrow for a few days, so I'll be headed to the compound to see if I can't do something right in the gym for a change. I think it's time to run a cycle of cube boss after I bench on the 6th. I need to refocus.
    Training log:

28. Woo for the compound! and nice front squat.

Did you use that Rage X I sent?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Woo for the compound! and nice front squat.

Did you use that Rage X I sent?
    Yeah, I did. I have to say, you did a really nice job pressing 365 in that way back. It's cut a little bit differently from mine, with a much less beefy collar, and I couldn't get it to give me any support. The 405 float was in it and I barely made that rep. I was hoping it wasn't me being weak, so I changed to the shirt I already had and blasted 455.
    Training log:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. All about the new steroid laws by Rick Collins
    By Patrick Arnold in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 01:22 AM
  2. the ALL about Toremifene thread
    By BigPHusers11 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 07:43 PM