Herder's 2014 Log: All About the XPC Semi's

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm anticipating a good read: (haven't read yet) http://themovementfix.com/the-best-kept-secret-why-people-have-to-squat-differently/ Sean1332 This is a good thing to consider with your shoulders and benching, as well.
It was a good, simple, read. Outside of pointing out obvious technical flaws for someone, a person has to figure it out themselves what's right for them. Then when comparing bones against bones like in the article, my whole left shoulder is different than anyone's because of my protruding clavicle since I was 15. Good post, Dude

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
In this - late but here

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When are the '14 XPC Semis? Any date yet?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When are the '14 XPC Semis? Any date yet?
The '13 Semis were October 12, so I'm thinking it will be sometime around there. I'm sure we'll find out sometime in March, after the finals are done. I'm doing the first qualifying meet, June 7th.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish the XPC had a meet anywhere close to me-I'd love to get my neck stepped on by some of the best.

Might have to take a trip next year.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish the XPC had a meet anywhere close to me-I'd love to get my neck stepped on by some of the best.

Might have to take a trip next year.
What feds do you have out your way? I'm pretty sure Danny qualifies people through RPS. XPC raw finals are in downtown Columbus in late February, XPC Multi-Ply finals is at the Arnold.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What feds do you have out your way? I'm pretty sure Danny qualifies people through RPS. XPC raw finals are in downtown Columbus in late February, XPC Multi-Ply finals is at the Arnold.
We have USPA, AAU and USAPL.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We have USPA, AAU and USAPL.
I see. I definitely like doing meets in Columbus. People come from all over to get out to the mecca of multi-ply.

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Ill probably end up doing a meet in Columbus this year just because I haven't found anything close to Cleveland.. It seems RPS does a bunch in Columbus.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill probably end up doing a meet in Columbus this year just because I haven't found anything close to Cleveland.. It seems RPS does a bunch in Columbus.
Oh, they do a ton of stuff in Columbus for sure, dude. Get on that! I'm doing the one in June, but there will be a ton more after that. I go from Pittsburgh to Columbus, three and a half hours. There are meets on the other side of PA, but they're even farther away.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shoot it's a straight shot for me...850 miles straight east!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Upper Assistance Day

Pull Ups (hard grip to easy)
BWx8,4,8,5,4,3

Lat Pulldown
3x10

Illegally Wide Benching
245x7
275x6

CGBP
245x8
275x7
295x5

Earthquake Bar
88x8 close grip, 18 narrow comp grip
122x12 narrow comp, 12 wide comp

DB Row
115x3x15

Facepulls/Pullapart Series
3x10/70reps

Hammer/Preacher/DB OH Tri Ext/Standing DB Curl
One big giant set (five minutes until close)

And done. With only myself and my brother working together and an emphasis on reppage, we knocked this bad boy out in an hour and fifteen. There was very little talking, just panting. Went pretty well. Didn't want to push the weight, just making shït happen and getting my reps in. Multi-grip bamboo benching will wear you out.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Awesome CGBP man!

Also is that just a bent over DB row or are you leaning on something/on a bench?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome CGBP man!

Also is that just a bent over DB row or are you leaning on something/on a bench?
Thanks! I moved my grip out a scooch, so I've got a little more leverage than last training cycle, but I think I'm a little too fat to have my grip butted up against the slicks.

For the DB rows, I put my hand on the rack and do them one arm at a time. Sometimes I'll put my elbow against my leg and do them freestanding. Either way. But I never do them with an arm and a leg on a bench. Hate doing them that way, I always want to twist to get the weight up. If I do a two arm bent DB row, I'd use like the 60s most likely. If I'm doing two arms simultaneously on DB rows, I'm going to have my chest on an incline bench.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Thanks! I moved my grip out a scooch, so I've got a little more leverage than last training cycle, but I think I'm a little too fat to have my grip butted up against the slicks.

For the DB rows, I put my hand on the rack and do them one arm at a time. Sometimes I'll put my elbow against my leg and do them freestanding. Either way. But I never do them with an arm and a leg on a bench. Hate doing them that way, I always want to twist to get the weight up.
Still 115 pounds for 15 reps is crazy strong. Makes me think I need to start putting more focus into it.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still 115 pounds for 15 reps is crazy strong. Makes me think I need to start putting more focus into it.
You should see Sean and a healthy Rodja pound these out! They have me beat. I usually do lighter row variations, but my brother didn't want to do chest supported today and I kinda wanted to do something different myself. They're DEFINITELY an awesome upper back/lat exercise, and they're versatile with regards to what area of the back they target.

If I didn't mention anyone that also goes heavy on DB rows, don't get butthurt, just use bigger dumbbells for more reps so that I take notice next time.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Herder do you have a link for your meet in June?

I have a crazy idear.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's on revolutionpowerlifting.com

I can't pull anything up on my phone right now, but if you go down to the bottom of the page and scroll. I forget what it's called, but it's June 7th at the Courtyard Mariott Columbus West.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's on revolutionpowerlifting.com

I can't pull anything up on my phone right now, but if you go down to the bottom of the page and scroll. I forget what it's called, but it's June 7th at the Courtyard Mariott Columbus West.
Roger. Gracias.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where's the lifting at brah?

You should see Sean and a healthy Rodja pound these out! They have me beat. I usually do lighter row variations, but my brother didn't want to do chest supported today and I kinda wanted to do something different myself. They're DEFINITELY an awesome upper back/lat exercise, and they're versatile with regards to what area of the back they target.

If I didn't mention anyone that also goes heavy on DB rows, don't get butthurt, just use bigger dumbbells for more reps so that I take notice next time.
No love for me? I've done 110x2x30...

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where's the lifting at brah?

No love for me? I've done 110x2x30...
Been down South Carolina on work. Was going to go to a local Gold's or whatever, but the alternator in the truck shït the bed.

Look, man. I smoked a lot of weed in college, I'm not a fcuking library over here!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been down South Carolina on work. Was going to go to a local Gold's or whatever, but the alternator in the truck shït the bed. Look, man. I smoked a lot of weed in college, I'm not a fcuking library over here!
South Carolina? Go find SuperD!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
South Carolina? Go find SuperD!
I was actually only a half hour from Columbia, which is where I believe he is located (GO COCKS!). We were taking care of some preliminary excavation and doing specs with the Superior Walls people (that's a cool-ass gig) and we'll be back down in a couple months to build the house. I'll definitely look him up then.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been down South Carolina on work. Was going to go to a local Gold's or whatever, but the alternator in the truck shït the bed.

Look, man. I smoked a lot of weed in college, I'm not a fcuking library over here!
Just push the truck there, it'll be good for your conditioning that you said you wanted to improve...

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just push the truck there, it'll be good for your conditioning that you said you wanted to improve...
That would've been epic, and brutal. I do need to start conditioning. And lowering my rest periods.

smoker145

You smoked a lot? Lol you couldn't hang in my hay day.

Now all I do is that reg tobaccy

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You smoked a lot? Lol you couldn't hang in my hay day.

Now all I do is that reg tobaccy
Look, bro. I'm not about to get into a dikswinging contest, but let's just say that I didn't let class get in the way of my smokey time.

But I think that does provide an insight into some of your insights!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkiuAxP9vPM

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Course I have. Just that clip for pretty well in your post. I miss Dave chapelle
Oh yeah. I've done it to myself. It's like Charlie Hunnam's character in Green Street Hooligans: "Mate, I'm smart as fück." I had a few brain cells to sacrifice, and they went down like fückin Trevor Burbick (against Tyson, not getting murdered in the Bahamas or wherever)

smoker145

I don't understand your references but I hear ya on the brain cell thing.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't understand your references but I hear ya on the brain cell thing.
You just added to your research to-do. Start with Mike Tyson taking the heavyweight title belt off of Burbick, then watch Greenstreet immediately after. Both are on Youtube. Then go out and beat somebody's ass and fück their woman, then get back to special strength.

smoker145

You just added to your research to-do. Start with Mike Tyson taking the heavyweight title belt off of Burbick, then watch Greenstreet immediately after. Both are on Youtube. Then go out and beat somebody's ass and fück their woman, then get back to special strength.
Lol alright. No more to do list adding. I just went back to school and my mind is already fcked

I do see what your saying bout the trap bar. I'm ditching that idea of using it. I'll keep snatch grip thou.

Still gonna research thou no worries

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol alright. No more to do list adding. I just went back to school and my mind is already fcked

I do see what your saying bout the trap bar. I'm ditching that idea of using it. I'll keep snatch grip thou.

Still gonna research thou no worries
Lol. Fair enough. If you don't want any more on your list, you must be very careful with what you bring to my attention.

smoker145

Lol. Fair enough. If you don't want any more on your list, you must be very careful with what you bring to my attention.
Well I definitely like things being brought to your attention cause you " save" me from wasting my time and effort on things that have little to no carryover for what I'm doing

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rep Benchin today!

Basically setting some rep PRs with 5lbs more than my old rep PRs. Stimmed out of my ballz, so today wasn't that great, but I made it happen.

300x8 (elbow sleeves) seemed like the sleeves helped too much
320x5 no sleeves
325x4 no sleeves
Add reactive slingshot
295x8

Done pressing.

T-Bar Row
2x15

BB Row
225x2x12, 225x8 Pendlay

SGHP
135x2x8

Tandem Snatch Party (not as fun as it sounds)
We did whatever the frickin WOD with the girl's name that equals 30 snatches for time at 135. Grace? We added up our snatches (yeah we did) to get the 30.

135x5,2,2,2

Facepulls
3x15

Elliptical Tabata
2min warmup, 8 rounds, 3min cooldown.

And done. Frickin conditioning. I hate it. They wouldn't let me take the Prowler outside today, so Tabata it was. Wrong energy system, but whaddya gonna do.