Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great, now I'm only 400lbs behind

That is an awesome day. I told you a deadlift PR was imminent! And while a 420 raw comp bench is FAT, you have been putting in such great work without injury or issue I can't say that's surprising at all either.

You earned every number today, and if you keep this up 1800 in wraps is coming by spring. Nice work, the Dude.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks, guys. Here are the lifts!

[video]https://youtu.be/YItWgIcv8L4[/video]

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job man, and great numbers.

We wear the belt near the same on DL. Is there a reason why the clasp is at your back?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job man, and great numbers.

We wear the belt near the same on DL. Is there a reason why the clasp is at your back?
I figured two layers of 13mm leather on the spine was a good thing maybe, now Its just habit.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I figured two layers of 13mm leather on the spine was a good thing maybe, now Its just habit.
It takes me a minute to find the sweet spot on my ribs to have the overlapping leather not be irritating. Maybe this is a remedy.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder if it was just a weightlifting bar.
It looked like a zinc coat, too. Instead of whatever the Texas bars are coated with.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It looked like a zinc coat, too. Instead of whatever the Texas bars are coated with.
I believe the Texas bars are a zinc oxide.

If the bar felt thicker it likely wasn't even a DL bar. I believe all of the DL bars are 27mm, and I think weightlifting bars are 28mm.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Holy perfectly timed down command, Batman! That 650 moved really fast.

The 420 on the other hand, boy did they make you pause that!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy perfectly timed down command, Batman! That 650 moved really fast.

The 420 on the other hand, boy did they make you pause that!
Right!? I got so lucky on the deadlift. I thought the bench pauses were kinda short. I try to make my pause tempo kind of long in training. It has really benefited me.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dude that was an awesome freaking job! Your bench set up is ****ing legit dude. Killer meet man, just great showing by la dude

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude that was an awesome freaking job! Your bench set up is ****ing legit dude. Killer meet man, just great showing by la dude
Thanks, brother! If there's nothing out in the public on how Swede teaches the bench set up, I'd be happy to put up a vid on how I'm doing it these days. It helps tremendously.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks, brother! If there's nothing out in the public on how Swede teaches the bench set up, I'd be happy to put up a vid on how I'm doing it these days. It helps tremendously.
I gotta be honest I'm completely unfamiliar...ill have to hit up some Google lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your bench is ridiculous dude

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just watched your lifts. That's freaking awesome dude. Great huge lifts!!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trained today, nothing special.

Bench
Work up
315x1
155x5x5

Illegally wide feet up Spoto
155X2x15

Incline press
60x2x16

Bamboo OHP
88X2x15
BTN
88X2x10
Bradford
88x8

Light band Pushdowns

Swede phosphates
Monsterx35,25,20

Meadows row
45x2x15

Pull ups
6 didn't aggravate that rhomboid or whatever was killing me back there, big step forward if it stays that way.

Hammer curls
25X3x20

Definitely need some more time, but I felt good. Showed my meet to the local legend (800 squat @242 circa 1980, 605 raw bench, once attempted the world record, WWF wrestler). He was impressed. Suggested I train at a higher bodyweight and that my bench is what's behind. Said I need to be closer to 500. This is a guy who would have such a lead going into the deadlift that he would pull what he needed to win and shut it down. I thanked him for the advice. I appreciate those who look forward as opposed to just saying "Wow good job." I dunno how long it will take to get up around 500, but I was reassured that he, too, thought I'd have 700 sooner rather than later.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
herderdude
In your comp lifts you wore three different pairs of shoes. Can I ask what you wore and why?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
herderdude
In your comp lifts you wore three different pairs of shoes. Can I ask what you wore and why?
I wore weightlifting shoes for squat because I lift the most in them due to the lifted heel. Bench and deadlift I wore chucks for the flatness and the strong toe so I can drag it across the floor on my bench setup.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I see it now. I couldn't tell those were chucks at first. Looked different from the two lifts. Good deal.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You had to spend so much time after getting hurt again to get back to ~400 raw safely that I think it's distorted your view of how fast you actually progressed from 4 to 420. If you can sustain that pace you will be pushing 451 sooner rather than later man.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You had to spend so much time after getting hurt again to get back to ~400 raw safely that I think it's distorted your view of how fast you actually progressed from 4 to 420. If you can sustain that pace you will be pushing 451 sooner rather than later man.
I'm interested to see how this next cycle goes. That will be the big indicator.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did some squats and sumo on Tuesday with 225. That's all I felt like doing. Had a major itch to get in my shirt.

Work up with 220 chain (like maybe 60% of which was off the ground. Wasn't that epic)
Work to 275 in reactive slingshot
405X2 2 board reactive
515X1 float. Almost grown completely out of my single ply rage X. That will be a very sad day.

JM press
185x2x6
205X3 whoops

Incline neutral DB press
65X2x20

DB curls

Standing OHP
135X3x12

Pullover
60X3x15

Vogelpohl rows
4X15

Swede pullaparts

Pump outrageous. I'm gonna male that shirt work by December before I hang it up. 550 or bust. Not sure when I'll be ready to pick up regular training again, not very worried about it at the moment.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When you bench with Swede's technique do you feel like your ass is floating?

Edit: like just barely touching the bench, and he bench isn't supporting it

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I don't set up like swede but that's how mine is. As long as I think about driving up the bench and not just pressing my heals my butt stays in contact.

What's up, the Dude? Been training some or just building stuff and resting up mainly??

capo180

Awards
  • Established

I've read that almost all of your weight should be balanced between the feet and traps. That's no matter what set up really.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks guys! I had a good session like that so hopefully it continues.

And la dude, you still the man even in hiatus