Wasme's recomp journey....

Page 27 of 225 First ... 2526272829 ... Last

1. Nice work on those arms Wasme. Those +1/2 reps sound brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    I think the bent over cable tri ext have put a lot of size on my tri's. I love them
    ^^ I like these too. I feel these gave me a big tri boost.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

@RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.

2. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Nice work on those arms Wasme. Those +1/2 reps sound brutal.

^^ I like these too. I feel these gave me a big tri boost.
    Thanks Thomas.... I too enjoy the bent over extension.

Today was supposed to be a rest day, but found out around 3pm that I actually have to work all day tomorrow. Have to update a bunch of production servers while the building is empty. Then my wife and I have plans sooooo...so legs was done on this day! Prepping update now - let's just say I don't even like the thought of walking up and down the stairs.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ^^ this AND ~2/3 of the total arm size/circumference can be attributed to the triceps, as well
    This is why I begin arm day with close grip bench! It's about max their size out.
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!

4. 3/21/2014

Workout powered by a new subwoofer system connected to my garage pc. Avenged Sevenfold and Five Finger Death Punch to annoy the neighbours!

Reactive Pump - Week 2.2 - Legs

Rest Periods were all 30 seconds, except for Squats which 60 seconds

Leg Curl
    70x8
    80x8
    90x12
    105x10
    115x7
    110x8, drop 70x8, drop 45x18 (failure)

- added 5lbs to a few sets here and 2 reps to the last dropset. Hams were screaming by the end.

Banded Squat (in place of Chain Squat) - explosive reps, drive up as hard as possible
    135x8
    185x8
    225x6
    265x6
    295x6
    315x6
    335x4

- Pushed hard and knees felt pretty good.. the last couple of reps at 315, and the 335x4 were about as explosive as a snail out of the gate

Leg Extension (in place of leg press) - driving up hard, 1 second hold at the top
    95x12
    115x12
    130x12
    140x12

- was surprised how much power my legs seemed to have after squats. Added 5 lbs on all sets

1.25 Hack Squats - all the way down 1/4 way up, back down and then all the way up
    135x10
    205x8
    215x8, drop 165x6, drop 135x9 (failure)

- and the reason walking sucks. These 1.25 hacks are just brutal. Added one rep to the failure drop but weight was the same throughout as last week.

Dumbbell Stiff Legged Deadlifts
    165x15
    165x15

- deep stretch. Gotta little dizzy around rep 10 of the second set, but kept going.

I did calves yesterday with arms...so will put todays calf work in on Sunday.

Was really happy with this workout. Feel like I made a bit of progress here and even though legs are toast, I am feeling quite energetic.

Nutritional numbers:

284 protein
    182 carbs
    63 fats

Tomorrow is a rest day, but I am going to a steak house for dinner. I will keep things somewhat clean but will certainly enjoy my meal.
    FINAFLEX REP

5. Nice lifts altogether, bro. Congrats on the new tune-player. I did the same in my garage: installed my old truck CD player and some nice speakers. If only I had something out there to use besides a pool table...

Enjoy your steak. Remember, if it's cooked rare, the calories don't count.
    FINAFLEX REP

•   

6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Looks good, thumbs up to the music selection and cranking it up.

Enjoy the steak!
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    3/21/2014

Workout powered by a new subwoofer system connected to my garage pc. Avenged Sevenfold and Five Finger Death Punch to annoy the neighbours!
    Is that Canadian for neighbors?
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

8. A7X is the sh!t great band definitely on of my top 5 of all time
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

9. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Enjoy your steak. Remember, if it's cooked rare, the calories don't count.
    I will keep that in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Looks good, thumbs up to the music selection and cranking it up.

Enjoy the steak!
    Had a great thud going...

See now you know what I am talking about when I say 'The Keg' rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Is that Canadian for neighbors?
    Something like that smartass! lol
    FINAFLEX REP

10. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    A7X is the sh!t great band definitely on of my top 5 of all time
    Brompton Cocktail.. great tune
    FINAFLEX REP

11. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Brompton Cocktail.. great tune
    One of the best! Have you ever seen live in the LBC, their live concert on DVD?
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

12. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    One of the best! Have you ever seen live in the LBC, their live concert on DVD?
    Yes it's great.. you know what tune always goes through my head - 'A little piece of heaven'.... cool video too.
    FINAFLEX REP

13. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Yes it's great.. you know what tune always goes through my head - 'A little piece of heaven'.... cool video too.
    Definitely, that's the last song they play on LBC. That would of been a great concert to go to!
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

14. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    3/21/2014

Reactive Pump - Week 2.2 - Legs

Rest Periods were all 30 seconds, except for Squats which 60 seconds

Leg Curl
    70x8
    80x8
    90x12
    105x10
    115x7
    110x8, drop 70x8, drop 45x18 (failure)

- added 5lbs to a few sets here and 2 reps to the last dropset. Hams were screaming by the end.

Banded Squat (in place of Chain Squat) - explosive reps, drive up as hard as possible
    135x8
    185x8
    225x6
    265x6
    295x6
    315x6
    335x4

- Pushed hard and knees felt pretty good.. the last couple of reps at 315, and the 335x4 were about as explosive as a snail out of the gate

Leg Extension (in place of leg press) - driving up hard, 1 second hold at the top
    95x12
    115x12
    130x12
    140x12

- was surprised how much power my legs seemed to have after squats. Added 5 lbs on all sets

1.25 Hack Squats - all the way down 1/4 way up, back down and then all the way up
    135x10
    205x8
    215x8, drop 165x6, drop 135x9 (failure)

- and the reason walking sucks. These 1.25 hacks are just brutal. Added one rep to the failure drop but weight was the same throughout as last week.

Dumbbell Stiff Legged Deadlifts
    165x15
    165x15

- deep stretch. Gotta little dizzy around rep 10 of the second set, but kept going.

I did calves yesterday with arms...so will put todays calf work in on Sunday.

Was really happy with this workout. Feel like I made a bit of progress here and even though legs are toast, I am feeling quite energetic.

Nutritional numbers:

284 protein
    182 carbs
    63 fats

Tomorrow is a rest day, but I am going to a steak house for dinner. I will keep things somewhat clean but will certainly enjoy my meal.
    That music selection is guaranteed to get the blood pumping! Nice!
    Where it all started

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html

15. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Workout powered by a new subwoofer system connected to my garage pc...annoy the neighbours!
    oh, how I miss them days of pissing off the neighbors on the block :wistful:

pissing off my neighbors here at the condo isn't as much fun, for some reason

16. I did some regular Db deadlifts yesterday with the 110's. 165s stiff legged damn!! Nice work!!
    Life's a garden, dig it

17. i finally blew out my original bose 901's that i bought in italy...talk about some great speakers!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

18. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i finally blew out my original bose 901's that i bought in italy...talk about some great speakers!!!
    That sucks they blew, I'm sure they lasted you a long time. Bose makes a great product
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

I have a pretty nice home theatre and speaker set up but my real nice toys are on wheels.

I'm that guy you hate to be anywhere near in traffic.
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

20. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    I have a pretty nice home theatre and speaker set up but my real nice toys are on wheels. I'm that guy you hate to be anywhere near in traffic.
    What kinda wheels we talkin?
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support
  21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    What kinda wheels we talkin?
    the sound system in the car is worth more than the car unfortunately. She's my second car and refuses to die; and I'm driving it into the ground lol.

3-door 2001 standard Saturn SC1.

Needed a car cheaper on insurance after my spree of speeding tickets in the Charger.

22. That must be one hell of a system
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

23. How's your setup? I used to enter stereo competitions. Spent 8k on one system I had.
    Life's a garden, dig it

24. Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    How's your setup? I used to enter stereo competitions. Spent 8k on one system I had.
    Damn 8K! Hope you won. I was happy with a sick amp and a pair of quality 12's
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Not competition worthy but more than I need

4 x JBL's at 300 watts DPP

Pioneer Deck

Alpine PDX-F4 amp

Dual 12" Kicker sub kit in the trunk.

It took me forever to eliminate all of the rattle sources in that car. Drove me nuts initially.

Sorry for the thread derail brother.

26. I went through a short phase where I wanted a system in my car too.

I spent a fortune on 3/4 rubber soundproofing that was used in commercial soundproofing at the time. Pulled all the panels and lined my whole 87 Eddie Bauer Bronco.

Engine blew out within the next year.
    FINAFLEX REP

27. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Not competition worthy but more than I need

4 x JBL's at 300 watts DPP

Pioneer Deck

Alpine PDX-F4 amp

Dual 12" Kicker sub kit in the trunk.

It took me forever to eliminate all of the rattle sources in that car. Drove me nuts initially.

Sorry for the thread derail brother.
    That's a good setup. Dynamat is what we used back in the day to get rid of rattles in the car, worked great.

I'll stop with the system talk wasme lol sorry just got taken back to the late 90s lol
    Life's a garden, dig it

28. Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    I did some regular Db deadlifts yesterday with the 110's. 165s stiff legged damn!! Nice work!!
    Oh geeze just noticed that... that was a 165 barbell. I only wish those with db numbers..
    FINAFLEX REP

29. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    I have a pretty nice home theatre and speaker set up but my real nice toys are on wheels.I'm that guy you hate to be anywhere near in traffic.
    I too was one of those guys when I was younger and had my Iroc. Gotta pulled over 3 times on Yonge Street in Toronto by police for excessive noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Not competition worthy but more than I need4 x JBL's at 300 watts DPPPioneer DeckAlpine PDX-F4 ampDual 12" Kicker sub kit in the trunk. It took me forever to eliminate all of the rattle sources in that car. Drove me nuts initially.Sorry for the thread derail brother.
    Not a derailment brother, conversation of all types keeps things interesting! Nice setup by the way.
    FINAFLEX REP

30. Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    That's a good setup. Dynamat is what we used back in the day to get rid of rattles in the car, worked great. I'll stop with the system talk wasme lol sorry just got taken back to the late 90s lol
    Wish I had of known about Dynamat.And no worries.. carry on!
    FINAFLEX REP
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ugab's Osteobolin-C/Neovar/IGF-2/RPM recomping journey
    By ugab37 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 01:33 PM
  2. cutting/body recomp cycle - please critique
    By Truck in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 02:33 AM
  3. 5aa/Test Prop/Tren Ace - Recomp/cutter - ???
    By Poobah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 10:51 AM
  4. Body Recomp
    By BrKonman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 01:22 PM