Wasme's recomp journey....

Page 27 of 297 First ... 2526272829 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Killer leg workout brother! I never really get to see your leg routing, but def like it. I don't squat but need to.
    How come you don't squat?
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

2. For some reason it puts stress on my shoulders even when I have had several say the form was correct. I want to do them on a hack squat machine but no gym around my area has one anymore.
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    For some reason it puts stress on my shoulders even when I have had several say the form was correct. I want to do them on a hack squat machine but no gym around my area has one anymore.
    Stress like it is digging in or just hurts.. if it is the digging in there are things you can do.

On the other hand, have you considered front squats?
    FINAFLEX REP

4. Yesterday's nutrition:

240 protein - made some killer homemade extra lean burgers
    160 carbs
    61 fat
    FINAFLEX REP

5. 3/10/2014

Reactive Pump - Week 1.2 - Chest / Shoulders Heavy

Great workout this morning while listening to Disturbed. Legs pretty sore from yesterday but manageable.

Rest period were 30-45 seconds throughout (closer to 45 on bench)

Dumbbell Press on Slight Decline (plate under foot of bench)
    40x8
    50x8
    60x8
    70x8
    75x8
    75x7

Band Bench Press (in place of Chain Bench Press)
    175x8
    185x8
    205x8
    225x5
    225x5
    225x5
    235x5
    245x5

- Explosive reps, with a 1 second pause at the bottom.
    - I attached the bands to the top of the rack. I think I actually could have gone heavier but was getting a feel for it. Also, really focused on mind / muscle connection.

Slight Incline Bench Press (plate under feet of bench)
    135x6
    205x6
    215x6
    215x4

- not sure what happened on the last set. It was like I hit a brick wall.
    - constant tension with no lockout

Ladder Pushups (each level set 6 inches higher than the previous)
    2 x 3 different heights

- did not count reps just went to failure at each level. Taking only the time to raise the bar as rest.

Dumbbell Side Laterals - seated
    20x10
    20x12
    20x12
    20x12

Cage Press
    95x8
    105x8
    115x8
    135x5
    135x5
    140x5
    140x5
    140x5

- brutal

Rear Delt Destroyer Set (laying face down on incline bench)
    40x60
    5 deep breaths
    20x30
    no break
    10x10

- As mentioned that week, these make me feel like Mr. Meadows is the anti-christ. lol

Great workout here today. Will be feeling it tomorrow for sure.

Nutrition today is looking like it will come in at this:
    262 Protein
    145 Carbs
    73 Fat
    FINAFLEX REP
    •   

6. 33 pages, i am too darned lazy to read all that, sorry....but i read your opening post, in it you said you were 220. now your avi says you are 209, whatever you are doing must be working if cutting weight/fat is your goal!!

oh yeah, im in, lol.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

7. Glad to have you along for the ride...

Actually my profile is wrong.. I am currently sitting at 219... but was 224 - 9 days ago. Decided it was time to get a bit more serious again.
    FINAFLEX REP

8. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Glad to have you along for the ride...

Actually my profile is wrong.. I am currently sitting at 219... but was 224 - 9 days ago. Decided it was time to get a bit more serious again.
    time to get serious...summer is coming on fast!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    time to get serious...summer is coming on fast!!!
    Indeed, and I also have a my trip booked to Myrtle Beach in October.
    FINAFLEX REP

10. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Indeed, and I also have a my trip booked to Myrtle Beach in October.
    used to go to kitty hawk/nags head and hanglide when i was stationed at norfolk. hope it's still as nice now as it was in late 70's!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

11. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    used to go to kitty hawk/nags head and hanglide when i was stationed at norfolk. hope it's still as nice now as it was in late 70's!!!
    I flew down to surprise my dad last year for his 75th bday (parents go every year for a few weeks around that time). I was really impressed and found it incredibly relaxing. So, thought i would do it again. Going to take my 16 year old daughter with me this time though. Will be fun.
    FINAFLEX REP

12. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    I flew down to surprise my dad last year for his 75th bday (parents go every year for a few weeks around that time). I was really impressed and found it incredibly relaxing. So, thought i would do it again. Going to take my 16 year old daughter with me this time though. Will be fun.
    sounds like a really fun time...enjoy!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

13. Yeah it feels like it's rubbing the wrong way but yeah I haven't done front squats I need to try those out.

14. Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Yeah it feels like it's rubbing the wrong way but yeah I haven't done front squats I need to try those out.
    What if you start off light with squats?
    FINAFLEX REP

15. What weight? Maybe bar and 25's. I really need to do them I know this lol

16. Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    What weight? Maybe bar and 25's. I really need to do them I know this lol
    Go bar + 25's sure. Do a couple of sets. If all is good bump up to 35's. Then next workout start with the 35's .. and bump to 45's .. before you know it you'll have 2 x 45 at each end of the bar and your legs will blow up like your calves!
    FINAFLEX REP

17. Sweet I shall do it!

18. Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Sweet I shall do it!
    http://youtu.be/qztuEucrNBc
    Not a rep but a fan of Finaflex.

19. Front squats give you a whole different fell feel and pump!
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!

20. Guys as some know from knowing me a while now on here, I've come a long way from 291 lbs 3 1/2 yrs ago too 226ish today. That being said my cardiovascular still sucks. I can do sprints and hills with hardly no issues. You get me on a track or open land and walking is g2g but soon as I start light jogging, I start to get winded. My chest sounds like it did when I was a child and had asthma, yet I haven't had it since about 11 yrs old. I want to build it up and learn ways to help me build it to where I can handle longer jogs wo feeling like I'm about to pass out. Also my shin splints flare up but only from time to time.

21. Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Guys as some know from knowing me a while now on here, I've come a long way from 291 lbs 3 1/2 yrs ago too 226ish today. That being said my cardiovascular still sucks. I can do sprints and hills with hardly no issues. You get me on a track or open land and walking is g2g but soon as I start light jogging, I start to get winded. My chest sounds like it did when I was a child and had asthma, yet I haven't had it since about 11 yrs old. I want to build it up and learn ways to help me build it to where I can handle longer jogs wo feeling like I'm about to pass out. Also my shin splints flare up but only from time to time.
    A great way to get started is Couch potato to 5k. App or spreadsheet. It helps build your endurance over time. A great program I plan to start when it warms up.
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!

22. Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    Front squats give you a whole different fell feel and pump!
    I love love love front squats.. Unfortunately it is one of the few movements I get immense pain in my right shoulder from my torn labrum while doing. Not even deca helps with that joint pain.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

23. Thanks HP!! Will check into the app thing. I actually im signing up for a local 5k in May!

24. Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Thanks HP!! Will check into the app thing. I actually im signing up for a local 5k in May!
    every time i break in someone new to jogging, i tell them to jog until winded then walk,,,jog then walk. do this for 3 miles jogging more as they feel comfortable. i don't push them to do more everytime, some days are better than others...it really doesn't take that long before they are jogging the entire 3 miles...i am 55 and could jog all day---provided the batteries on my cd player held up, lol.......btw-that is another tip, listen to music so you don't hear yourself breathing, seriously that helps for some reason, plus it is relaxing!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

25. Bro thanks a ton I will def take the tips and move forward. I use to be able to run decent, I could go more though doing sprints like football or full court basketball without problems. But now that i'm older and had let myself go over couple years, I had to slowly get back into things. I've come a long way but I want to reach 185lb ish and increase my cardio health.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ugab's Osteobolin-C/Neovar/IGF-2/RPM recomping journey
    By ugab37 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 01:33 PM
  2. cutting/body recomp cycle - please critique
    By Truck in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 02:33 AM
  3. 5aa/Test Prop/Tren Ace - Recomp/cutter - ???
    By Poobah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 10:51 AM
  4. Body Recomp
    By BrKonman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 01:22 PM