Wasme's recomp journey....

Page 2 of 218 First 1234 ... Last

1. Oh man you are gonna love MD Back Day. For the stretchers I recommend really leaning forward and dipping your body down into the stretch it really makes a difference. I am sure you watched the video if not make sure you do and subscribe to his youtube channel Mountaindog1
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Oh man you are gonna love MD Back Day. For the stretchers I recommend really leaning forward and dipping your body down into the stretch it really makes a difference. I am sure you watched the video if not make sure you do and subscribe to his youtube channel Mountaindog1
    I am sub'd to his channel. Actually been using stretchers in the past after seeing Breezy do them. I love them. I can imagine with the lead up exercises they will be killer later on!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    I am sub'd to his channel. Actually been using stretchers in the past after seeing Breezy do them. I love them. I can imagine with the lead up exercises they will be killer later on!
    Absolutely and you will love the Meadows Rows if you haven't already tried them.
    Current Training Log -

4. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Absolutely and you will love the Meadows Rows if you haven't already tried them.
    No never have.. cleared some space in the garage so i have a corner to put the bar in... looking forward to trying them.
    FINAFLEX REP

5. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post

No never have.. cleared some space in the garage so i have a corner to put the bar in... looking forward to trying them.
    Make sure to tilt you're body away from the hand you are using.....so if your are rowing with the right side you're left foot will be forward, right back. Left forearm on your quad then tilt to the left and put your elbow on the inside of your quad.....that video I posted showed me doing that while I faced the camera. I'm too upright so be a little more bent over and lower the weight as far down add you can to stretch the lat. Flex the lat to pull the weight up.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Make sure to tilt you're body away from the hand you are using.....so if your are rowing with the right side you're left foot will be forward, right back. Left forearm on your quad then tilt to the left and put your elbow on the inside of your quad.....that video I posted showed me doing that while I faced the camera. I'm too upright so be a little more bent over and lower the weight as far down add you can to stretch the lat. Flex the lat to pull the weight up.
    Thanks for the advice, did just that. I totally underestimated these.
    FINAFLEX REP

7. 12/17/2013

Got home from work and was not going to run today, but it was milder so thought I should. Started CreaTrona today. Max Pump will make its return on the weekend.

Warmup: 5km with BCAA+SAA dosed prior.

Stimul8 taken 10 minutes prior to my weights session

Mountain Training - Program 3
    Week 1 - Phase 1 - Back and Calves

Dumbbell Rows
    65x8
    75x8
    85x8
    85x8
    85x8

- 2 warmups, 3 worksets, really good stretch at the bottom

Meadows Rows
    70x10
    80x10
    95x10
    95x10
    95x10

- doesn't include bar weight
    - as mentioned I underestimated these. Incredibly effective and weight felt really heavy.

Deadlift - work up to a tough 3 rep set then do a set of 10 with 10 seconds rest between each rep.
    225x3
    245x3
    255x3
    265x10

- as mentioned previously, these make me nervous as I tend to tweak my back (had surgery on L4/L5 @ age 21)
    - kept weight to where I felt my form stayed really good

Stretchers
    140x10
    140x10
    150x10

- 3 to 5 second stretch on each rep

Standing Calf Raises
    160x15
    170x15
    180x15
    180x15
    180x15
    180x15

- flex at the top, stretch at the bottom

I must say this workout I found brutal. My back is fried. Not in a hurt it way, but DOMS are already setting in only 2 hours post workout.

Arms up tomorrow.
    FINAFLEX REP

8. Sub'd
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    Sub'd
    Awesome glad to have you along HP.
    FINAFLEX REP

10. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    12/17/2013 Got home from work and was not going to run today, but it was milder so thought I should. Started CreaTrona today. Max Pump will make its return on the weekend. Warmup: 5km with BCAA+SAA dosed prior. Stimul8 taken 10 minutes prior to my weights session Mountain Training - Program 3 Week 1 - Phase 1 - Back and Calves Dumbbell Rows 65x8 75x8 85x8 85x8 85x8 - 2 warmups, 3 worksets, really good stretch at the bottom Meadows Rows 70x10 80x10 95x10 95x10 95x10 - doesn't include bar weight - as mentioned I underestimated these. Incredibly effective and weight felt really heavy. Deadlift - work up to a tough 3 rep set then do a set of 10 with 10 seconds rest between each rep. 225x3 245x3 255x3 265x10 - as mentioned previously, these make me nervous as I tend to tweak my back (had surgery on L4/L5 @ age 21) - kept weight to where I felt my form stayed really good Stretchers 140x10 140x10 150x10 - 3 to 5 second stretch on each rep Standing Calf Raises 160x15 170x15 180x15 180x15 180x15 180x15 - flex at the top, stretch at the bottom I must say this workout I found brutal. My back is fried. Not in a hurt it way, but DOMS are already setting in only 2 hours post workout. Arms up tomorrow.
    Very nice session bud.

Good job checking the ego and maintaining form with deads. No one becomes a freak when they're hurt :-)

My back day will be the same as yours thurs:-)
    Independent

11. Simon smashing it out!! Great job brotha!

12. Id trade my lil calves for a lil bit of your back strength! Wicked back attack brother. That's one thing I lack for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    12/17/2013

Got home from work and was not going to run today, but it was milder so thought I should. Started CreaTrona today. Max Pump will make its return on the weekend.

Warmup: 5km with BCAA+SAA dosed prior.

Stimul8 taken 10 minutes prior to my weights session

Week 1 - Phase 1 - Back and Calves

Dumbbell Rows
    65x8
    75x8
    85x8
    85x8
    85x8

- 2 warmups, 3 worksets, really good stretch at the bottom

Meadows Rows
    70x10
    80x10
    95x10
    95x10
    95x10

- doesn't include bar weight
    - as mentioned I underestimated these. Incredibly effective and weight felt really heavy.

Deadlift - work up to a tough 3 rep set then do a set of 10 with 10 seconds rest between each rep.
    225x3
    245x3
    255x3
    265x10

- as mentioned previously, these make me nervous as I tend to tweak my back (had surgery on L4/L5 @ age 21)
    - kept weight to where I felt my form stayed really good

Stretchers
    140x10
    140x10
    150x10

- 3 to 5 second stretch on each rep

Standing Calf Raises
    160x15
    170x15
    180x15
    180x15
    180x15
    180x15

- flex at the top, stretch at the bottom

I must say this workout I found brutal. My back is fried. Not in a hurt it way, but DOMS are already setting in only 2 hours post workout.

Arms up tomorrow.
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!

13. Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Simon smashing it out!! Great job brotha!
    Thanks Andrew. Feel better bro

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Id trade my lil calves for a lil bit of your back strength! Wicked back attack brother. That's one thing I lack for sure.
    Gotta tell you Tommy I am exhausted from today's workout.
    FINAFLEX REP

14. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Very nice session bud.

Good job checking the ego and maintaining form with deads. No one becomes a freak when they're hurt :-)

My back day will be the same as yours thurs:-)

Thanks man. Was being cautious but not overly. The last few pulls were pretty difficult. The MD style seems to just wear you down. I know stretchers have never felt like that before, which I would attribute to the work done prior.

Nice!
    FINAFLEX REP

15. Workouts look solid wasme. It's great that the Meadows Rows felt effective, right from the start. It can take a few sessions to fine-tune your stance/positioning with them.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Workouts look solid wasme. It's great that the Meadows Rows felt effective, right from the start. It can take a few sessions to fine-tune your stance/positioning with them.
    Thanks Breezy. Yes, I am definitely looking forward to doing them again. And perfecting the form. DOMs in my back today are worse than I can remember for the last 6 months or so.

Back on the second page I mentioned about the color scheme of my band set - any idea if I am matching them up correctly?
    FINAFLEX REP

17. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Thanks Breezy. Yes, I am definitely looking forward to doing them again. And perfecting the form. DOMs in my back today are worse than I can remember for the last 6 months or so.

Back on the second page I mentioned about the color scheme of my band set - any idea if I am matching them up correctly?
    Yeah, DOMS will probably be pretty intense at first. Introducing some new exercises/techniques could take some getting used to.

The band pack should include the following:

-2 Pro Monster Mini bands
    -2 Pro Mini bands
    -2 Pro Micro bands
    -2 Pro Light bands
    -2 Pro Short Mini bands

You could try matching up everything that you have (individually) on ELiteFTS.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...lt.asp?cid=495
    PEScience Representative

18. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Yeah, DOMS will probably be pretty intense at first. Introducing some new exercises/techniques could take some getting used to.

The band pack should include the following:

-2 Pro Monster Mini bands
    -2 Pro Mini bands
    -2 Pro Micro bands
    -2 Pro Light bands
    -2 Pro Short Mini bands

You could try matching up everything that you have (individually) on ELiteFTS.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...lt.asp?cid=495
    I did recieve all that, just not the same colors as the advertised pack. I will check out the individual items though to know what's what. Thanks man
    FINAFLEX REP

19. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    I did recieve all that, just not the same colors as the advertised pack. I will check out the individual items though to know what's what. Thanks man
    No problem. Yeah, the website should help clear things up. The Pro Monster Minis are green when looking at the individual bands for sale. The Pro Mini and Short Pro Mini are both pink. The Pro Light and Pro Micro are orange.
    PEScience Representative

20. Sounds like you crushed the workout man!
    Current Training Log -

21. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Sounds like you crushed the workout man!
    Thanks Chris, found it very intense. After these first 3 workouts, I'm thinking I should have started this MD stuff a while ago!
    FINAFLEX REP

22. Subbed!
    Core Nutritionals Representative

23. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Subbed!
    Glad to have you along JD!
    FINAFLEX REP

24. 12/18/2013

Warmup: 5km (PM run, actually went far better than most pm runs do)

Stimul8 taken 15 minutes prior to my weights session

Week 1 - Phase 1 - Arms

Rope Pushdown ss Dumbbell Curls
    90x12 / 30x15
    90x12 / 35x15
    90x12 / 35x15

- good warmup to get the blood flowing

Tri-Set 1

Dumbbell Kickbacks ss Seated Dumbbell Curls ss Bent Over Rope Extensions
    20x12 / 35x12 / 110x12
    25x12 / 35x12 / 110x12
    25x12 / 35x12 / 110x12
    25x12 / 35x10 / 110x12

- Kickbacks: 6 normal, 6 palms facing up (very awkward, will take some getting used to)
    - Seated Curls: incline bench, palms facing up and both arms at once

Tri-Set 2

Barbell Curls ss Bench Dips ss Preacher Curls
    85x8 / BWx8 / 80x8
    85x8 / BWx8 / 85x8*
    85x8 / BWx8 / 80x8
    85x8 / BWx8 / 80x8

-Barbell Curls: with 3 second negatives

*went for 85 on preachers it was a huge struggle to hit the 8 count, so dropped it back down to 80

Rest periods were short and again workout was crazy good. Arms were pumped, and all jittery when I went in the house.
    FINAFLEX REP

25. Gotta love those tri-sets and supersets for the pumps
    Core Nutritionals Representative

26. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    12/18/2013

Warmup: 5km (PM run, actually went far better than most pm runs do)

Stimul8 taken 15 minutes prior to my weights session

Week 1 - Phase 1 - Arms

Rope Pushdown ss Dumbbell Curls
    90x12 / 30x15
    90x12 / 35x15
    90x12 / 35x15

- good warmup to get the blood flowing

Tri-Set 1

Dumbbell Kickbacks ss Seated Dumbbell Curls ss Bent Over Rope Extensions
    20x12 / 35x12 / 110x12
    25x12 / 35x12 / 110x12
    25x12 / 35x12 / 110x12
    25x12 / 35x10 / 110x12

- Kickbacks: 6 normal, 6 palms facing up (very awkward, will take some getting used to)
    - Seated Curls: incline bench, palms facing up and both arms at once

Tri-Set 2

Barbell Curls ss Bench Dips ss Preacher Curls
    85x8 / BWx8 / 80x8
    85x8 / BWx8 / 85x8*
    85x8 / BWx8 / 80x8
    85x8 / BWx8 / 80x8

-Barbell Curls: with 3 second negatives

*went for 85 on preachers it was a huge struggle to hit the 8 count, so dropped it back down to 80

Rest periods were short and again workout was crazy good. Arms were pumped, and all jittery when I went in the house.
    Are you doing these on Jefit? I'm gonna attempt to steal this for tomorrow.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

@RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.

27. Also, are the curls alternating?
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

@RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.

28. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Gotta love those tri-sets and supersets for the pumps
    Tell me about it. Can't say as I have ever done tri/bi/tri or bi/tri/bi supersetted before. Only took 30 seconds between supersets so those doubled up ones felt like they were back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Are you doing these on Jefit? I'm gonna attempt to steal this for tomorrow.
    No sorry, don't use it. Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Also, are the curls alternating?
    Yes the first superset I did standing / alternating. The seated ones stated to do them at the same time.
    FINAFLEX REP

29. 12/19/2013

Weights: Day off

Run: likely 6km after work.

Still have predominant DOMs in my back, arms (especially triceps) pretty sore today too. With my first week of workouts in the bag I must admit, Mountain Dog Training Rocks! Have a good day gentlemen.
    FINAFLEX REP

30. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Like many of us on here, I do have a busy life with a career/family (somewhat large)
    understatement of the year

just rollin in mang, fashionably late to the party y'know

go get 'em, FREAK
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ugab's Osteobolin-C/Neovar/IGF-2/RPM recomping journey
    By ugab37 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 01:33 PM
  2. cutting/body recomp cycle - please critique
    By Truck in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 02:33 AM
  3. 5aa/Test Prop/Tren Ace - Recomp/cutter - ???
    By Poobah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 10:51 AM
  4. Body Recomp
    By BrKonman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 01:22 PM