Smokers road to 1st plm

Page 3 of 49 First 12345 ... Last
  1. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Deads

    Did 70% at 5 instead of 3 oops lol

    In vid is 90%, 265x6
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L9LKMXq9-d4

    Critiques always welcome.
    For shrugs 75x10 for 7 sets
    Ab work and grip work to end it. Was going to squat but my knees are still bothering me. Next 2 days of rest will do me well.

  2. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Also did face pulls 40x10x 4

    And some light rowing.
    •   
       


  3. Good work man. Form looked pretty solid to me. The only thing I would recommend is to make sure you're trying to move the bar as explosive as possible. This really helped me on elevating my Deadlift.

    Shrugs for days dude.
  4. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Good work man. Form looked pretty solid to me. The only thing I would recommend is to make sure you're trying to move the bar as explosive as possible. This really helped me on elevating my Deadlift.

    Shrugs for days dude.
    Thanks, your right, I need to be more explosive off the ground, I'm going to slow right now. Good catch man

  5. Your putting the weight down better
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
  6. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Your putting the weight down better
    Yea I'm now forced to. My knees are not in great shape right now. But I guess it's a blessing because now I'm forced to not touch em at all so that's great

  7. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post

    Yea I'm now forced to. My knees are not in great shape right now. But I guess it's a blessing because now I'm forced to not touch em at all so that's great
    You getting amped up man!? Huh!? You ****ing pumped!? Rah!?
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
  8. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

    You getting amped up man!? Huh!? You ****ing pumped!? Rah!?
    Hell yea. Stregnth is increasing like a mofo. Even gained 2 lbs this week since I'm eating dirty as **** but who cares. I'm gonna make them weights my bitch come dec 15

  9. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    Pierogi for lunch. No sour cream thou... God damnit
    If they're not browned in a skillet with butter and some onions in the mix, it's just wrong.

    <-- Pollock and proud.

    Also, subbed!

    Don't forget to get in some posterior chain work on deadlift day. And squat day for that matter. When your hams and glutes are up to par, your knees won't bother you NEARLY as much, if at all.

    I would agree with your decision to squat 2x/wk with one caveat: I would squat 4x a week, two back and two front. Vary intensities to keep the simulus proper, and you'll be golden. Volume in the competition lifts is your very best friend at this stage in your career. I'm of the belief that squatting itself will improve squat mobility, provided it's done properly. I squat light when my lower back hurts myself. This will make squatting more natural to you, and I promise at your training age, you'll put pounds of gain on your squat each week. No worries about opening with 225 in my book, you'll be well past that.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  10. You'll be happy to know smoker is full pole herderdude
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    You'll be happy to know smoker is full pole herderdude
    Good. He should grow to be strong like bull, then. I've never heard the sour cream thing. I've had rogies filled with sour cream and chives, but I've never put sour cream on a pierogi.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
  12. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

    Good. He should grow to be strong like bull, then. I've never heard the sour cream thing. I've had rogies filled with sour cream and chives, but I've never put sour cream on a pierogi.
    It's good mang. Picked it up at czestochowa. I saw ppl doing that and I tried it and it's good, you should definitely check it out
  13. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    I watched a vid by chad smith on squat. I know now I'm pushing my knees out to much, not walking out right, and I need to bring my arms closer in. I'm pretty excited to test this on wed.

    Today is my squat day, but I'm going to bench instead. I don't think I will bench next week, and I want to have the most recovery time for my shoulder as possible. For Deload I'm thinking squat 3x with a dead session and some back work. No pressing thou

  14. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    Deads

    Did 70% at 5 instead of 3 oops lol

    In vid is 90%, 265x6
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L9LKMXq9-d4

    Critiques always welcome.
    For shrugs 75x10 for 7 sets
    Ab work and grip work to end it. Was going to squat but my knees are still bothering me. Next 2 days of rest will do me well.
    There's a few things to keep in mind on your pulls. First, you lose your arch on nearly every rep and that is an injury waiting to happen. Next, at the initial, your shoulders slightly drift forward ahead of the bar. Your entire posterior chain needs strengthening and there should be no such thing as light rowing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  15. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

    There's a few things to keep in mind on your pulls. First, you lose your arch on nearly every rep and that is an injury waiting to happen. Next, at the initial, your shoulders slightly drift forward ahead of the bar. Your entire posterior chain needs strengthening and there should be no such thing as light rowing.
    Thank you rodja. I will definitely have to be more aware. I have noticed my lb round to start my reps. I'm also going to add hypers to my workouts for strengthening.
    I did light rows because I worked out 4 of 5 days that weak and my back was sore to start the day I deadlifted.
    Is there any specific exercises you would recommend me?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    Thank you rodja. I will definitely have to be more aware. I have noticed my lb round to start my reps. I'm also going to add hypers to my workouts for strengthening.
    I did light rows because I worked out 4 of 5 days that weak and my back was sore to start the day I deadlifted.
    Is there any specific exercises you would recommend me?
    Soreness is not a reason to hold back. You're more than likely going to constantly sore throughout every single week. Good mornings, SLDL, BB/DB rows, Meadows rows, etc. Cable and/or machine rows should only be used for extra volume.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  17. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

    Soreness is not a reason to hold back. You're more than likely going to constantly sore throughout every single week. Good mornings, SLDL, BB/DB rows, Meadows rows, etc. Cable and/or machine rows should only be used for extra volume.
    Thanks for the input rodja. I appreciate it. Hopefully my next dead I post will be better.
  18. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Bench

    155x5
    178x 5
    200x2.
    225x1
    I was not happy with 200. I should have gotten 3-4, but did horribly with 2. 200 was my 95% and so I said **** this. I put 225 on and went for it. This time doing 225 was much easier than a month ago. No bounce and no board used this time. It wouldn't have counted in comp Bc no pause, but I was pleased that it was easier.

    Swiss bar
    135 3 sets x9
    Tbar supported 100x3x6
    Cable row 150x3x6
    Rear delts machine 60x3x10
    Db 20x3x10

    Tricep push down 90x3x12
    Grip roller 2 min total.
    No vids. My phone is officially a piece of **** and I need a new one. It keeps freezing for vids which is beyond frustrating.

  19. I think if you did the 175 for 3 as planned may have been easier
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
  20. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I think if you did the 175 for 3 as planned may have been easier
    Actually it was 177.5. I have 1.25 lb plates at gym lol and I know mang, I forget these things
  21. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Got a 65 on bio exam, not too shabby considering.

  22. out of 100?

    C's get degrees mindset = working at walmart with a bachelors

  23. Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    out of 100?

    C's get degrees mindset = working at walmart with a bachelors
    This made me laugh.

  24. 65/100 = D's and working w/o a degree at advanced auto parts...

  25. It's the first test...you learned bio is not something you can bs through like other courses. Learn and get better.

    Tough love from the gentlemen above me
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
  26. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    It's the first test...you learned bio is not something you can bs through like other courses. Learn and get better.

    Tough love from the gentlemen above me
    Yup. Don't try and learn 5 chapters of bio the night before the test. This ain't history no more.

    And understood fellas. If Michael Vick can come back from prison and become a top qb again, I can do better on a bio test

  27. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post

    Yup. Don't try and learn 5 chapters of bio the night before the test. This ain't history no more.

    And understood fellas. If Michael Vick can come back from prison and become a top qb again, I can do better on a bio test
    So, what you're saying is, you're screwed.

  28. Lmao
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  29. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post

    Yup. Don't try and learn 5 chapters of bio the night before the test. This ain't history no more.

    And understood fellas. If Michael Vick can come back from prison and become a top qb again, I can do better on a bio test
    yea dont do that with math, physics, bio, or chem. chem will rape you a new hole if you attempt that
  30. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post

    yea dont do that with math, physics, bio, or chem. chem will rape you a new hole if you attempt that
    Yup, less ones learned. I used to do it all the time for a history exam, but this different. I learned the hard way lol
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Countdown to 1st Competition - Advice?
    By PSBigJoey in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 12-12-2006, 06:42 PM
  2. Poobah On the Road to 405 with John Pinder.
    By Poobah in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 06:56 PM
  3. Countdown to 1st Competition
    By PSBigJoey in forum Pics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 09:05 PM
  4. Cuffs' Road To Recovery...Let The Healing Begin!
    By Cuffs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 09-04-2005, 02:06 AM
  5. Npc: The Road To Ifbb Pro Status
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2003, 03:49 AM
Log in
Log in