Smokers road to 1st plm

smoker145

I'll show you some brutal doorway stretches, couch stretch, and a stretch you can do in warm ups some time soon. When you surf on here to wall squats with your back on the floor and legs on the wall. It's way deeper than depth if you can hold that for two minute bursts with tensing, not tensing.

I got some other **** I can show you to next time we get a squat session or something.
Ight cool good stuff bro. I was thinking off adding squats to dead day. Make them just like 1 plate and get 5 sets in so I squat 2x a week. Knees have been hurting too, have a feeling I'm off no doubt.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could always do squat variations: front squat, close stance, wide stance, front squat

smoker145

Could always do squat variations: front squat, close stance, wide stance, front squat
Was thinking of front squats. I just opened my stance up this week to wide. While it was easier for me to go deep, I think I lean forward, which is maybe why my lb was a little sore after. Ill have to post vids of it next week.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was thinking of front squats. I just opened my stance up this week to wide. While it was easier for me to go deep, I think I lean forward, which is maybe why my lb was a little sore after. Ill have to post vids of it next week.
Front squats will be an awesome assistance lift. With wide stance, you have no choice but to have a little bit of a torso lean.

smoker145

Front squats will be an awesome assistance lift. With wide stance, you have no choice but to have a little bit of a torso lean.
Ill do fronts with deads then. I switched to wide to shorten my rom, which I thought would be easier on hip, and it was, I was just concerned maybe I was tilting forward too much.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Low bar? If it's high, and your squatting wide, that's gonna suck.

smoker145

Low bar? If it's high, and your squatting wide, that's gonna suck.
No I'm pretty high actually. Rob thinks I should lower it, so I guess I should. When I try to, I feel like my shiulders get stressed a little and I'm kinda holding it all with my arms for some reason

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No I'm pretty high actually. Rob thinks I should lower it, so I guess I should. When I try to, I feel like my shiulders get stressed a little and I'm kinda holding it all with my arms for some reason
Time to watch some low bar back squat YouTube videos. I'll find some tomorrow for ya

smoker145

Right shoulder/ bicep bothered me later in the day today. Just did some band work on it and it feels better once I got the blood pumping. Deads tomorrow night after work. Love dem deads

smoker145

Deads

Did 70% at 5 instead of 3 oops lol

In vid is 90%, 265x6
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L9LKMXq9-d4

Critiques always welcome.
For shrugs 75x10 for 7 sets
Ab work and grip work to end it. Was going to squat but my knees are still bothering me. Next 2 days of rest will do me well.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good work man. Form looked pretty solid to me. The only thing I would recommend is to make sure you're trying to move the bar as explosive as possible. This really helped me on elevating my Deadlift.

Shrugs for days dude.

smoker145

Good work man. Form looked pretty solid to me. The only thing I would recommend is to make sure you're trying to move the bar as explosive as possible. This really helped me on elevating my Deadlift.

Shrugs for days dude.
Thanks, your right, I need to be more explosive off the ground, I'm going to slow right now. Good catch man

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your putting the weight down better :thumbsup:

smoker145

Your putting the weight down better :thumbsup:
Yea I'm now forced to. My knees are not in great shape right now. But I guess it's a blessing because now I'm forced to not touch em at all so that's great

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yea I'm now forced to. My knees are not in great shape right now. But I guess it's a blessing because now I'm forced to not touch em at all so that's great
You getting amped up man!? Huh!? You ****ing pumped!? Rah!?

smoker145

You getting amped up man!? Huh!? You ****ing pumped!? Rah!?
Hell yea. Stregnth is increasing like a mofo. Even gained 2 lbs this week since I'm eating dirty as **** but who cares. I'm gonna make them weights my bitch come dec 15

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pierogi for lunch. No sour cream thou... God damnit
If they're not browned in a skillet with butter and some onions in the mix, it's just wrong.

<-- Pollock and proud.

Also, subbed!

Don't forget to get in some posterior chain work on deadlift day. And squat day for that matter. When your hams and glutes are up to par, your knees won't bother you NEARLY as much, if at all.

I would agree with your decision to squat 2x/wk with one caveat: I would squat 4x a week, two back and two front. Vary intensities to keep the simulus proper, and you'll be golden. Volume in the competition lifts is your very best friend at this stage in your career. I'm of the belief that squatting itself will improve squat mobility, provided it's done properly. I squat light when my lower back hurts myself. This will make squatting more natural to you, and I promise at your training age, you'll put pounds of gain on your squat each week. No worries about opening with 225 in my book, you'll be well past that.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You'll be happy to know smoker is full pole herderdude

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'll be happy to know smoker is full pole herderdude
Good. He should grow to be strong like bull, then. I've never heard the sour cream thing. I've had rogies filled with sour cream and chives, but I've never put sour cream on a pierogi.

smoker145

Good. He should grow to be strong like bull, then. I've never heard the sour cream thing. I've had rogies filled with sour cream and chives, but I've never put sour cream on a pierogi.
It's good mang. Picked it up at czestochowa. I saw ppl doing that and I tried it and it's good, you should definitely check it out

smoker145

I watched a vid by chad smith on squat. I know now I'm pushing my knees out to much, not walking out right, and I need to bring my arms closer in. I'm pretty excited to test this on wed.

Today is my squat day, but I'm going to bench instead. I don't think I will bench next week, and I want to have the most recovery time for my shoulder as possible. For Deload I'm thinking squat 3x with a dead session and some back work. No pressing thou

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deads

Did 70% at 5 instead of 3 oops lol

In vid is 90%, 265x6
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L9LKMXq9-d4

Critiques always welcome.
For shrugs 75x10 for 7 sets
Ab work and grip work to end it. Was going to squat but my knees are still bothering me. Next 2 days of rest will do me well.
There's a few things to keep in mind on your pulls. First, you lose your arch on nearly every rep and that is an injury waiting to happen. Next, at the initial, your shoulders slightly drift forward ahead of the bar. Your entire posterior chain needs strengthening and there should be no such thing as light rowing.

smoker145

There's a few things to keep in mind on your pulls. First, you lose your arch on nearly every rep and that is an injury waiting to happen. Next, at the initial, your shoulders slightly drift forward ahead of the bar. Your entire posterior chain needs strengthening and there should be no such thing as light rowing.
Thank you rodja. I will definitely have to be more aware. I have noticed my lb round to start my reps. I'm also going to add hypers to my workouts for strengthening.
I did light rows because I worked out 4 of 5 days that weak and my back was sore to start the day I deadlifted.
Is there any specific exercises you would recommend me?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you rodja. I will definitely have to be more aware. I have noticed my lb round to start my reps. I'm also going to add hypers to my workouts for strengthening.
I did light rows because I worked out 4 of 5 days that weak and my back was sore to start the day I deadlifted.
Is there any specific exercises you would recommend me?
Soreness is not a reason to hold back. You're more than likely going to constantly sore throughout every single week. Good mornings, SLDL, BB/DB rows, Meadows rows, etc. Cable and/or machine rows should only be used for extra volume.

smoker145

Soreness is not a reason to hold back. You're more than likely going to constantly sore throughout every single week. Good mornings, SLDL, BB/DB rows, Meadows rows, etc. Cable and/or machine rows should only be used for extra volume.
Thanks for the input rodja. I appreciate it. Hopefully my next dead I post will be better.

smoker145

Bench

155x5
178x 5
200x2.
225x1
I was not happy with 200. I should have gotten 3-4, but did horribly with 2. 200 was my 95% and so I said **** this. I put 225 on and went for it. This time doing 225 was much easier than a month ago. No bounce and no board used this time. It wouldn't have counted in comp Bc no pause, but I was pleased that it was easier.

Swiss bar
135 3 sets x9
Tbar supported 100x3x6
Cable row 150x3x6
Rear delts machine 60x3x10
Db 20x3x10

Tricep push down 90x3x12
Grip roller 2 min total.
No vids. My phone is officially a piece of **** and I need a new one. It keeps freezing for vids which is beyond frustrating.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think if you did the 175 for 3 as planned may have been easier ;)

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
out of 100?

C's get degrees mindset = working at walmart with a bachelors

napalm

napalm

Awards
65/100 = D's and working w/o a degree at advanced auto parts...

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's the first test...you learned bio is not something you can bs through like other courses. Learn and get better.

Tough love from the gentlemen above me :thumbsup:

smoker145

It's the first test...you learned bio is not something you can bs through like other courses. Learn and get better.

Tough love from the gentlemen above me :thumbsup:
Yup. Don't try and learn 5 chapters of bio the night before the test. This ain't history no more.

And understood fellas. If Michael Vick can come back from prison and become a top qb again, I can do better on a bio test

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup. Don't try and learn 5 chapters of bio the night before the test. This ain't history no more.

And understood fellas. If Michael Vick can come back from prison and become a top qb again, I can do better on a bio test
So, what you're saying is, you're screwed.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards

yea dont do that with math, physics, bio, or chem. chem will rape you a new hole if you attempt that

smoker145

yea dont do that with math, physics, bio, or chem. chem will rape you a new hole if you attempt that
Yup, less ones learned. I used to do it all the time for a history exam, but this different. I learned the hard way lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're at least an inch above parallel. Raw guys do not get a lot of slack on this either as it's easier to see the hip crease.

smoker145

Besides depth guys and spreading knees more, anything else you guys picked up on?

napalm

napalm

Awards
I don't like the hyperextended neck. Eyes forward or SLIGHTLY up...

smoker145

You're at least an inch above parallel. Raw guys do not get a lot of slack on this either as it's easier to see the hip crease.
Gotcha. This weight will be my opener so I need to get it right