Bean's Training/supplementation and all things competition

Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last

  1. As far as training legs twice a week i've tried that before and am about to go back to it... I've never done squats twice in a week, I'd assume its pretty taxing. Once you get used to it tho you'll grow like crazy.

    currently I'll use Monday and Friday. I'm going to train my whole leg both days, but with different emphasis.
    Squatting Monday w/ PC emphasis, pulling Friday with quad emphasis.


  2. Nice work Bean, you are still crushing it! No wonder you are getting so big!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Use Kleen10 for a 10% discount
    www.OrbitSupplements.com
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    As far as training legs twice a week i've tried that before and am about to go back to it... I've never done squats twice in a week, I'd assume its pretty taxing. Once you get used to it tho you'll grow like crazy.

    currently I'll use Monday and Friday. I'm going to train my whole leg both days, but with different emphasis.
    Squatting Monday w/ PC emphasis, pulling Friday with quad emphasis.
    Asa Barnes gave me some advice that I'm going to implement for the next three weeks or so then after discussing it over with a buddy who is helping me I'm going to start a non linear periodization plan will go into play for 8 ish weeks then ill hit up PHAT.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nice work Bean, you are still crushing it! No wonder you are getting so big!
    Not getting any bigger lol. Dropping some water and getting shyt back on track. I'm happy with my gains even though I'm not in the condition I planned on being in at this point I've put on some quality lbs and will be trying to recomp down to a more suitable bf % by fall.
    I learned my lesson of show rebound the hardest way possible but in a way I think it needed to happen.

    Without all you guys and gals support who knows where I'd be right now.
    Independent

  4. Good ol Asa...
    Independent Review

  5. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Good ol Asa...
    I'm after your strength homie
    Independent

  6. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Without all you guys and gals support who knows where I'd be right now.
    Right where you're sitting, just not feeling as loved. <3

  7. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post

    Right where you're sitting, just not feeling as loved. <3
    Haha good point.
    Independent

  8. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

    Asa Barnes gave me some advice that I'm going to implement for the next three weeks or so then after discussing it over with a buddy who is helping me I'm going to start a non linear periodization plan will go into play for 8 ish weeks then ill hit up PHAT.

    Not getting any bigger lol. Dropping some water and getting shyt back on track. I'm happy with my gains even though I'm not in the condition I planned on being in at this point I've put on some quality lbs and will be trying to recomp down to a more suitable bf % by fall.
    I learned my lesson of show rebound the hardest way possible but in a way I think it needed to happen.

    Without all you guys and gals support who knows where I'd be right now.
    If you don't mind /find some free time, feel free to share the details

  9. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

    If you don't mind /find some free time, feel free to share the details
    Sure thing

    For the next 3-4 weeks my leg routine will look like this

    Day 1
    Warmup

    10x2 12-15" box squats explosive weight will be around 245 ish
    5x5 heavy leg press
    3x8 superset curls and ext

    Day 2
    Warmup
    5x5 sumo deads
    5x8 good mornings
    3x8 lighter leg press

    Will also be including some of these to help strengthen my lower back
    Pull throughs
    Zercher squats

    On my 4th or 5th week ill try my 1 rep max to see where I'm at.

    After that my non linear will look like

    Day 1 legs
    Day 2 push
    Day 3 pull
    Day 4 rest
    Repeat

    First three days will be strength heavy day 3-5 reps failure
    Second will be hypertrophy days 12-15 rep failure

    Alternating

    Ill go through when it gets closer and decide on exercises for this.

    This is all new to me as my knowledge on training is limited so I'm excited to try it.
    Independent

  10. Looks like some great workouts brother!
    •   
       


  11. Those zercher squats are gonna do wonders i love them!!

    Your knowledge isnt as limited as you think. Trust your instincts and go by what feels right. If your low back feels weak...it prolly is.

    You got this bud! Its always fun keepong ip with you!
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

  12. Looks like a very solid setup Bean
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by 804 View Post
    Looks like some great workouts brother!
    Thanks buddy gotta keep up with your ass :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Those zercher squats are gonna do wonders i love them!!

    Your knowledge isnt as limited as you think. Trust your instincts and go by what feels right. If your low back feels weak...it prolly is.

    You got this bud! Its always fun keepong ip with you!
    Never done them b4, nor do I know what they are lol. Gonna hit up YouTube this weekend.

    Thanks bud just trying to push myself to greatness!

    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Looks like a very solid setup Bean
    Thanks wasme we shall see
    Independent

  14. Slept I'm yesterday as I was up studying till 11 or so thurs pm. Yeah yeah I know, Dave already told me I was a puss c for sleeping in.

    Made today my chest/back day. I'm basically rolling with days off as I need them to help with my mental state from studying, training and high stress levels.

    Warmup

    15% decline on a flat bench (takes most stress off my left shoulder.
    135x15
    185x15
    225x12
    245x10 pause reps
    Drop
    225x12
    Drop
    185x12
    Drop
    135x14 smoked

    Low cable cross big squeeze on these
    3x15/12/12

    Incline BP
    185x13/12/11.

    Single arm incline hammer strength press
    3x15

    Chins
    3x12

    CG pull downs
    180x18
    200x12
    200x11
    Drop
    150x18

    T Bar
    3plates x 15/12/10
    Drop
    2plates x 12
    Drop
    1plate x 18

    Bb shrugs
    4x20/17/15/12

    Huge pump lots of comments and stares as I had my boss body tank on and my calf veins were insane along with great delt/chest separation (considering my bf is that low around 11% guessing +-). Sick shoulder veins

    No fukcing around these days. Get in bang weights gtf out.

    Boom feeling very alpha

    Off to help my sis in law move ghey!
    Independent

  15. Leg setup looks good but I'd probably drop the lp the second day for something else.

    Maybe some unilateral work, either one leg sldl or Bulgarian split squats, but that's just me.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Leg setup looks good but I'd probably drop the lp the second day for something else.

    Maybe some unilateral work, either one leg sldl or Bulgarian split squats, but that's just me.
    Good idea bud thanks :-)
    Independent

  17. You in on this bw bench comp?
    Independent Review

  18. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    You in on this bw bench comp?
    No I actually just saw it don't know the deets on it really. As you saw I did bench today will hit it again tues or weds tho. I want the sticker and wrist wraps bad. Only problem is elbow is killing me and same with shoulder have to stop about a half inch from my chest. Finding ways to work around this shoulder issue until I can get it taken care of. I'm weighing 215ish upon rising i think I could hold my own
    Independent

  19. Well get 'er done!
    Independent Review

  20. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

    No I actually just saw it don't know the deets on it really. As you saw I did bench today will hit it again tues or weds tho. I want the sticker and wrist wraps bad. Only problem is elbow is killing me and same with shoulder have to stop about a half inch from my chest. Finding ways to work around this shoulder issue until I can get it taken care of. I'm weighing 215ish upon rising i think I could hold my own
    215? What the fuk happend! I bet you are straight jacked!
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  21. Wtf I leave for a few days and you drcide to add 5 pages for me to catch up on?!? wotkouts look beast bud. Lookin good in here. Im thinking about running phat next as well.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  22. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Well get 'er done!
    I'll try and get a video

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

    215? What the fuk happend! I bet you are straight jacked!
    Haha I wish. Bf is not where I'd like it but overall I'm happy with the progress made thus far. I'm nowhere near your beastly level but I'm coming for you lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Wtf I leave for a few days and you drcide to add 5 pages for me to catch up on?!? wotkouts look beast bud. Lookin good in here. Im thinking about running phat next as well.
    Haven't updated much been busy. Glad to see your back bud. How was vaca?
    Independent

  23. How tall are you?
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  24. 5'11
    Independent

  25. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

    Haven't updated much been busy. Glad to see your back bud. How was vaca?
    Understandable. Vacation was awesome. If it wasnt for seeing the kid I woulda never came back lol. It was good to see him after almost a week though. We had no Internet down there so now I have 44 logs to catch up on and it seems like everyone added 10 pages a day while I was gone ha.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

    Understandable. Vacation was awesome. If it wasnt for seeing the kid I woulda never came back lol. It was good to see him after almost a week though. We had no Internet down there so now I have 44 logs to catch up on and it seems like everyone added 10 pages a day while I was gone ha.
    Def hate getting behind on logs no fun lol
    Independent

  27. Hit legs today after the best eating weekend I've had lol. Very clean except a few handfuls of popcorn at the water park. No ill effects from that. Weight is still hovering 218-219 at night 214-215 upon rising.

    Warmup

    Squats
    Barx20
    135x20
    225x5
    245x2-4 (10 sets with a 2-3 sec pause).

    Leg press
    3x8

    Leg curls/leg ext
    3x12

    Pull throughs
    3x12

    Misc calf work

    Abductor/adductor work

    Abs

    Coming off such a high volume I left the gym feeling kinda blah like I didn't do much. Def felt the correct depth on my squats. My hips are so tight. Had decent quad pump from heavy leg press but tbh honest it didn't last long.

    Gonna take some getting used to.
    Independent

  28. Nice work and I think I may have seen this leg workout somewhere online maybe???
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Use Kleen10 for a 10% discount
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

  29. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nice work and I think I may have seen this leg workout somewhere online maybe???
    That you did sir :-)
    Asa and Jerrod helped me out. Gonna do it for three weeks then see where my max is at then take a week to relax then a similar type program you are on :-)
    Independent

  30. Nice work Brother. Always great to throw in some adductor/ abductor work!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. breezy's training, supplementation, and food log
    By breezy11 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 6785
    Last Post: Yesterday, 07:29 PM
  2. Snag gets FINAFLEXed on Road to Nationals
    By snagencyV2.0 in forum Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition
    Replies: 1650
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 12:29 PM
  3. Hemorrhoids..the Road to the Nationals..and all things Finaflex
    By snagencyV2.0 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 12:43 PM
  4. Pro-Test Stacks and all things lethal
    By Primal2099 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 02:09 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 12:57 PM
Log in
Log in