Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    ...that is an impressive workout!
    Thanks bud. This routine is way out of my comfort zone lol. I forgot add rests between sets are no more than 45 sec most are 35 sec

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Like that lift, sounds brutal.
    It was but I loved it and the pump was great
    Independent

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.03%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Lookin good boss
    Independent Review
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Been over a year since GVT for me but I may have to do it again next time I hit a transitional/hypertrophy block when I need some rest from the powerlifting stuff. 4 weeks was plenty to kick my ass and hand me some nice results. Your little set up is even cooler looking though.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Been over a year since GVT for me but I may have to do it again next time I hit a transitional/hypertrophy block when I need some rest from the powerlifting stuff. 4 weeks was plenty to kick my ass and hand me some nice results. Your little set up is even cooler looking though.
    Yeah I'm liking my mix so far. I still have a lot of things to try as my training experience is limited lol.
    Independent
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

So I fcking over slept today not sure why I was so beat could be my spotty diet last night (bday dinner). I hate missing legs this is how the rest of the week is supposed to look

Today - legs abs
    Weds - shoulders arms
    Thurs - back calves
    Fri - chest shoulders
    Sat sun off

Instead of pushing everything a day back ill do legs tomorrow and throw in some bis with back and calves thurs and only hit shoulders once with some tris mixed in as well on fri. So it'll look like this

Weds- legs abs
    Thurs- back calves bis
    Fri- chest shoulders tris

This still leaves me with two rest days b4 I hit chest again. I haven't had any issue with training chest this way.
    Independent
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    So I fcking over slept today not sure why I was so beat could be my spotty diet last night (bday dinner).
    My carbs have been up the last 4-5 days ... perhaps that explains why I have been dragging my ass and constantly tired.

Like how you re-aligned things to not miss a beat.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

^*^thanks wasme!

So back on it today diet was good yesterday

Legs on tap this am

Wu 8 mins

Squats
    10x10 35 sec rest

Leg Press low and narrow
    4x12. 35 sec rest

Horizontal leg press (1 leg ham emphasis)
    4x12 only rest was while the other leg was getting worked

RDL
    4x12 35 sec rest

Huge butt/hammy pump lol feel free to quote edit :-)

Kettle Ball Swings
    3x25

Standing calf raise
    4x20

Seated Calf Raise
    Neutral x 20
    Toes in x 20
    Toes out x 20

Leg raises 3xFailure

Massive sweat today had trouble walking to my car. This routine is no joke (at least for me). Short rests combined with 10x10 is awesome.

Dosed 2 scoops Micro and 2 ALCAR 20 mins pre wo. Resulted in solid focus. Clean energy. I'm loving this combo

Gonna change up the diet.

For some of you who may not have followed my prep log, I've been going through a pretty Nast rebound effect since. Coming to find out after consulting with a friend and looking through my fitness pal logs of my diet the last two weeks, it seems my coach may have crash dieted me into that show. There were numerous days I was only consuming 16-1700 cals before even taking into consideration my expenditure for the day which was cardio 2x day plus am weights. A lot of liss cardio as well = bad combo. I've put on more fat and water than I though was possible. Instead of taking the advice given on here and reverse dieting myself out of that show I took my coaches advice of taking a few days off completely and not track anything. I admit I over did the eating those few days but even after I got back on his off season plan the water is slowly going away but I'm still gaining fat. It appears those two weeks leading up to show set me up for prime fat storage. So I'm doing the following to correct my metabolism starting today

6 days at 300/150/60
    One day a week no higher than 300g carbs

Ill be checking weight ea night b4 bed and upon rising.

From there ill be adding 25g of carbs/day EW or EOW depending until I level out.

At this point I will not be competing in the fall. I'm going to correct this issue and spend the rest of the year keeping my fat below 12% while growing. Also my main focus is a big career change for me that I want to get done by the end of summer.
    Independent
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

^*^thanks wasme!

Legs on tap this am

Wu 8 mins

Squats
    10x10 35 sec rest

Leg Press low and narrow
    4x12. 35 sec rest

RDL
    4x12 35 sec rest

Kettle Ball Swings
    3x25

Standing calf raise
    4x20

Seated Calf Raise
    Neutral x 20
    Toes in x 20
    Toes out x 20

Leg raises 3xFailure

Massive sweat today had trouble walking to my car. This routine is no joke (at least for me). Short rests combined with 10x10 is awesome.

Dosed 2 scoops Micro and 2 ALCAR 20 mins pre wo. Resulted in solid focus. Clean energy. I'm loving this combo

For some of you who may not have followed my prep log, I've been going through a pretty Nast rebound effect since. Coming to find out after consulting with a friend and looking through my fitness pal logs of my diet the last two weeks, it seems my coach may have crash dieted me into that show. There were numerous days I was only consuming 16-1700 cals before even taking into consideration my expenditure for the day which was cardio 2x day plus am weights. A lot of liss cardio as well = bad combo. I've put on more fat and water than I though was possible. Instead of taking the advice given on here and reverse dieting myself out of that show I took my coaches advice of taking a few days off completely and not track anything. I admit I over did the eating those few days but even after I got back on his off season plan the water is slowly going away but I'm still gaining fat. It appears those two weeks leading up to show set me up for prime fat storage. So I'm doing the following to correct my metabolism starting today

6 days at 300/150/60

From there ill be adding 25g of carbs/day EW or EOW depending until I level out.

At this point I will not be competing in the fall. I'm going to correct this issue and spend the rest of the year keeping my fat below 12% while growing. Also my main focus is a big career change for me that I want to get done by the end of summer.
    TLDR.

Kidding. Things are gonna get better. Keep your head in there.
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I saw that in your last log. Sorry you had to go through that but now at least you know. Good luck with the career change.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post

TLDR.

Kidding. Things are gonna get better. Keep your head in there.
    TLDR? Please educate me sir :-)

I saw that in your last log. Sorry you had to go through that but now at least you know. Good luck with the career change.
    Thanks bolt i enjoy learning things the hard way ;-)
    Independent
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.03%

^*^thanks wasme!

Legs on tap this am

Wu 8 mins

Squats
    10x10 35 sec rest

Leg Press low and narrow
    4x12. 35 sec rest

RDL
    4x12 35 sec rest

Kettle Ball Swings
    3x25

Standing calf raise
    4x20

Seated Calf Raise
    Neutral x 20
    Toes in x 20
    Toes out x 20

Leg raises 3xFailure

6 days at 300/150/60

Dang bro. Lovin the dedication. You are doing things right!
    Independent Review
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

Dang bro. Lovin the dedication. You are doing things right!
    Thanks brother much appreciated :-)
    Independent
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Never followed one of your logs before. But so far enjoying all the detail Bean, and you seem to have a very solid plan.

What is your career change? If you cannot divulge no prob.
    FINAFLEX REP
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Never followed one of your logs before. But so far enjoying all the detail Bean, and you seem to have a very solid plan.

What is your career change? If you cannot divulge no prob.
    Thanks Wasme. Everybody is different as far as what they like to see. I like to give good detail but not overdo it lol.

How's ur EPI run going? Keep forgetting to check it out
    Independent
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.12%

Thanks Wasme. Everybody is different as far as what they like to see. I like to give good detail but not overdo it lol.

How's ur EPI run going? Keep forgetting to check it out
    It's going well, thanks for asking. Just under 3 weeks left. I added Trenazone 10 days or so ago and have had some issues with blood pressure since, but nothing too bad. But no joint issues, or any other sides to report.
    FINAFLEX REP
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Well sorry to hear that things changed and you don't feel confident in another show this year. Happy to hear that you are taking measures to fix any damage to your metabolism.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Sucks you won't be competing but the career change is most important and growing well help big time come next year when things settle down. I'm staying fat all year just for the growing potentiol. Ur the man bean. Don't forget that.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.12%

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Happy to hear that you are taking measures to fix any damage to your metabolism.
    When i read this .. I wonder how badly my metabolism must be f'd up. When I went from 365-190, I did so on 800-1200 cals per day for 10 months (add every other day full body workouts and daily 1.5-3 hours of cardio). Then lived off the ECA stack to keep it all off for the last 3 years...

Probably why now I literally gain weight even when eating under maintenance.

Sorry if this is hijacking Bean, but any advice you guys have is appreciated. And if so, please pm or jump over to my thread.
    FINAFLEX REP
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Well sorry to hear that things changed and you don't feel confident in another show this year. Happy to hear that you are taking measures to fix any damage to your metabolism.
    I don't think it's too bad but it needs to be addressed no doubt. As much as I want to do September, I'd rather build up my metabolic capacity to make dieting into my next show easier ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Sucks you won't be competing but the career change is most important and growing well help big time come next year when things settle down. I'm staying fat all year just for the growing potentiol. Ur the man bean. Don't forget that.
    Thanks buddy u da man :-). It's no biggie gonna grow slowly and kill it next year!

When i read this .. I wonder how badly my metabolism must be f'd up. When I went from 365-190, I did so on 800-1200 cals per day for 10 months (add every other day full body workouts and daily 1.5-3 hours of cardio). Then lived off the ECA stack to keep it all off for the last 3 years...

Probably why now I literally gain weight even when eating under maintenance.

Sorry if this is hijacking Bean, but any advice you guys have is appreciated. And if so, please pm or jump over to my thread.
    Yeah I did the same thing a while ago. Check out layne nortons YouTube videos on metabolic damage. They are videos 9,15 and 16. Very informative bud.
    Independent
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.12%

. Check out layne nortons YouTube videos on metabolic damage. They are videos 9,15 and 16. Very informative bud.
    Thanks man. Appreciate that.
    FINAFLEX REP
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Thanks man. Appreciate that.
    Any time bud, and don't ever worry about hijacking bro. I welcome all kinds if convo I'm here related or not. We are all here to learn and have fun doing it :-)
    Independent
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Ok so late update for the day guys sorry.

Back/bis today

Deads
    10x10

Lat pull downs wide
    4x12

Bent over DB Rows (loving these)
    4x12

BB Shrugs
    4x12

Seated Cable Rows
    4x12

Preacher Curls
    4x12

Cross Body Hammer Curls
    4x12

Abs/hyper ext

4 sets to failure

Back and arms smoked today. All rests except last two dead sets were 35 secs. Drenched in sweat.

Dosed a new pre wo combo today. Lecheeks Pumpx3 1.5 scoops with 1 scoop FXT cotton candy. Super good pump I was surprised actually and endurance seemed up as well.

Marcos today look like this

288/150/76
    Independent
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.43%

Damn bean talk about volume!!
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Damn bean talk about volume!!
    Thanks Luke. It's taking some getting used to but I'm digging it. Back is fried today. Lol
    Independent
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Good looking macros there Mr. Bean. I like my carbs a little too much.
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Good looking macros there Mr. Bean. I like my carbs a little too much.
    Thanks brother from another....well u know.

The macros are working thus far. Back down to 200 this am. Today I'm having 300g of carbs then back to 150 till further notice.
    Independent
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Today's session was awesome!
    Today is normally just chest/shoulders but since I slept in tues I had to throw tris in today as well.

Quick wu

Incline BP 4x12/12/10/8
    SS
    DB Pullover 4x8

DB Hex Press Slight Incline 4x12
    Ss
    Peck Deck 4x12

Rev Machine Press 4x12/12/10/9
    SS
    Heavy DB Swings 4x20

Rev Peck deck 3x25

Skull chrushers 8x10

Rope Push Downs 4x12

Smoked!!! Huge pump and sweat. Dosed 2 scoops Pump X3 today with 1 scoop FXT forgot my ALCAR as a result focus was slightly off I could tell.

Macros today will be around 300/300/80
    Independent
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.93%

Nice session brother. I think the pumpx3 will be in my cart next purchase
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Nice session brother. I think the pumpx3 will be in my cart next purchase
    Thanks buddy. It's pretty solid actually. I've never used Speed x3 either can't wait to stack them. I've been out of my go to (micro) so I'm experimenting lol.
    Independent
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Switched gyms over the weekend. No more Anytime Fitness. Back to the big gym where my fitness journey began a lil over two years ago. Way more equipment. Not to mention an actual squat rack. Stoked for legs tomorrow.

6/3/13. Chest/Back/abs

Incline BP
    10x10

Wide Hammer Strength Press
    4x12

Low Cable Cross
    4x12

Peck Deck Burnout set
    1xFailure

Pull-ups
    10x10

CG pull downs
    4x12

T Bar Rows (wide)
    4x12

BB Shrugs
    4x20/16/14/12

Hanging leg raise
    Failure

Decline sit ups
    Failure

10 m HIIT

All rests were right around 35 secs

Weight is stating pretty consistent at or around 200lbs upon waking 206ish b4 bed. Diet got a bit looser over the weekend than I planned on so I'm holding a bit of water but other than that no biggie.

Macros today will be around
    285/150/75
    Independent
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.12%

Allot of volume right there Bean. New gym sounds great.
    FINAFLEX REP
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Allot of volume right there Bean. New gym sounds great.
    Thanks buddy and yes it's great to be back at a real gym lol
    Independent
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.93%

Jealous of the new gym! My gym sucks for equipment. Nice session bean
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Jealous of the new gym! My gym sucks for equipment. Nice session bean
    Thanks bud.
    Independent
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

A gym with no squat rack is like peanutbutter with no jelly.

36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.03%

Decent volume, short rest, great macros. Keep it up bro
    Independent Review
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    A gym with no squat rack is like peanutbutter with no jelly.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Decent volume, short rest, great macros. Keep it up bro
    Thanks chief :-)
    Independent
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

6/4/13

Solid leg day today

5 min wu on stairs

Squats 2 wu sets x 20
    10x10

Leg Press (low and narrow)
    4x15

Horizontal leg press (1 leg at a time hammie emphasis)
    3x15

RDLs
    3x15

Glute Machine
    3x15

Leg ext
    3x20 (2 sec contraction)

Standing Calf raise
    4x20

Seated Calf Raise
    3x20

Leg raises
    3x failure

Drenched in sweat all rests 35 secs (sucked)!

Weight was 201.7 after pissing this am.

Macros today
    292/150/73
    Independent
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%

6/4/13

Solid leg day today

5 min wu on stairs

Squats 2 wu sets x 20
    10x10

Leg Press (low and narrow)
    4x15

Horizontal leg press (1 leg at a time hammie emphasis)
    3x15

RDLs
    3x15

Glute Machine
    3x15

Leg ext
    3x20 (2 sec contraction)

Standing Calf raise
    4x20

Seated Calf Raise
    3x20

Leg raises
    3x failure

Drenched in sweat all rests 35 secs (sucked)!

Weight was 201.7 after pissing this am.

Macros today
    292/150/73
    How is the body composition coming along brother?

40. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.02%

Slowly getting better. Definitely looking bigger but a bit softer than I prefer. My main goal is correcting my metabolism and building it up over the next 6 months or so. I'm still hiding in case you were going to ask.

I can see my abs and obliques but this lower back fat is pissing me off. It's the first place it pops up. Maybe If I would shave again I'd look better. Lol

Feeling strong as fock though and cannot wait to get a baseline established and start adding cals slowly. Hopefully in a week or so.
    Independent

Similar Forum Threads

1. breezy's training, supplementation, and food log
    By breezy11 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 5612
    Last Post: 12-17-2014, 10:27 PM
  2. Snag gets FINAFLEXed on Road to Nationals
    By snagencyV2.0 in forum Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition
    Replies: 1650
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 12:29 PM
  3. Hemorrhoids..the Road to the Nationals..and all things Finaflex
    By snagencyV2.0 in forum Supplement Logs