Power and Size: Inarius Returns

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Proverbs 27:17

About me: I'm back. I'm here to lift some weights, make some progress, and document it all.

Current Supplements: Muscle Milk does a body good.

Training Style: Power building

Current Weight: 250lbs

Height: 6ft 2in

Best lifts:

Squat: 500lbs w/ knee wraps. 570 lbs in squat suit.

Bench: 355 raw

Deadlift 550 raw

I'll be using this log to post videos and my workouts. Feel free to follow along and post any critiques or comments. All are welcome.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Tonights Bench Workout:

bar x10
135 x10
135 x10
225 x5
225 x10
275 x5 (all with 3 second pause)
295 x3 paused + 1 touch and go rep so 4 total.
315 x1 paused
315 x3 (see video)

[video=youtube;PCbuMSocr3U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCbuMSocr3U[/video]

245 x13

Incline DB bench
80 x10
90 x8
90 x5 (db fell apart lol)
60 xfailure

cable flies
4 sets of 12 reps

4 sets of db front raises

4 sets of db side raises

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course, I'll be along for the ride.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow,a couple of blasts from the past. Still holding on to that strength I see.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Wow,a couple of blasts from the past. Still holding on to that strength I see.
Yeah... Never left the weights, just temporarily removed myself from the forum. Good to see a few familiar faces still around. I'm going to try to resurrect SilentBob too.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
570lb squat in an inzer suit

[video=youtube;h-VAQ6ChEJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-VAQ6ChEJc[/video]

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
and 550 thats a little high...

[video=youtube;zpMZdj2alL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpMZdj2alL0[/video]

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice lifts! The bar path looked great.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Nice lifts! The bar path looked great.
Thanks! They were from training for my last meet which was in March. It went like this...

Squat
500 - Good
550 - Miss
550 - Miss

Bench
315 - Red lighted for head off the bench
350 - Good
405 - Miss

Deadlift
500 - Good
520 - Good
550 - Miss I tore a callus off of my hand and got blood every where so I lost my grip...

Still totaled 1370 but I was shooting for mid 1400's. There's always the next one!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great lifts man, that back arch on bench is intense, more like a bridge! You have to practice to get that right.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Great lifts man, that back arch on bench is intense, more like a bridge! You have to practice to get that right.
Thanks man. It took a while to perfect. It really helps to put your shoulders and lats into the lift.

Im definitely sore today.

On another note... i think i might start training for a meet in January.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet, you'll get that 1400 total this time I bet.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would take me about an hour of foam rolling before I could even attempt getting my back to that! Lol
1500 at what weight?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
It would take me about an hour of foam rolling before I could even attempt getting my back to that! Lol
1500 at what weight?
Hopefully 242. Right now i fluctuate between 247 and 250 and im not super lean either.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks man. It took a while to perfect. It really helps to put your shoulders and lats into the lift.

Im definitely sore today.

On another note... i think i might start training for a meet in January.
Last we spoke you said you were taking a break from PL for a few weeks. Did you already change your mind again?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hopefully 242. Right now i fluctuate between 247 and 250 and im not super lean either.
So at 242 and 1500, that takes you into Elite status right?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Last we spoke you said you were taking a break from PL for a few weeks. Did you already change your mind again?
For a few weeks. The meet isn't a definite yet... i just heard rumors that there might be one in January and if there is I'm gonna do it.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
So at 242 and 1500, that takes you into Elite status right?
Maybe raw but for 1500 ill probably be using a shirt and a suit.

Raw i think i could squat in the low 400s and bench around 350 and deadlift about 550 so im still pretty far off from a decent raw total.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Im at the gym watching a lady super set these exercises...

Lat pulldown
Nautilus pull down machine
Straight arm cable pull things
Back extension machine
Leg press
Box squats
And some weird standing press machine

Its like she has half the gym reserved... impressive

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Today was back meat day.... The day where I train my back meat.

Pull ups
3 sets of 5 wide grip
1 set of 5 close grip

bent over barbell row
135 x10
135 x10
185 x10
185 x10
185 x10
185 x10
(Just focusing on proper technique here... I suck at these so I'm focusing on them in my back days for a while)

Lat Pulldowns
Wide Grip
3 sets of 10

Close Grip
2 sets of 10

Reverse Hyper
3 sets of 10 (no weight... just a little rehab for my cramped back from yesterdays bench day)

Seated Face Pulls
5 sets of 12

Ab rollers
3 sets of 8

Hanging Leg Raises
3 sets of 8

I suck at abs

Nautilus Pull over
3 sets of 10

Just trying to get some blood flowing. Its been about 2 months since I've had a whole workout devoted to back. Felt pretty good.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Crack me up with the 'I suck" comments! Wish I had a reverse hyper machine. I rig one up with my bench next to the top step of my stairs and hang my legs over. Gets the job done but looks hilarious.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excellent workout, man! I've never done reverse hypers. Might need to throw those in next back day.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Crack me up with the 'I suck" comments! Wish I had a reverse hyper machine. I rig one up with my bench next to the top step of my stairs and hang my legs over. Gets the job done but looks hilarious.
I try to be overly critical of myself. This allows me to easily identify my weak points for improvement. I've never been good at pull ups or bent over rows and I know that they are a weakness of mine so I target them at the beginning of my back work so I can work on bringing them up to par.

I select my accessory work based on what I feel is lacking. Currently, I can't really do much in terms of bent over rows and pull ups so the plan is to target them then move on to whatever else is lacking. Also my shoulders could use some more mass and power so I'm adding in extra front and side raises on bench day and then again on my upper body accessory day. I'm also unsatisfied with how much I can military press so I have been working them in as well.

Its all just one big work in progress.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Standing military?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Standing military?
Yeah... my best is only 185 for 1 :( but I can hit an easy 135 for 12 reps

My basic overall strategy is to identify my weaknesses and hammer them until they become strengths. One movement/body part at a time.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You want to try a crazy delt exercise? These are hard as fauk. Sit on the floor straight legged in a power rack. Set the pins so the bar is just below chin height. Now do military pin presses. This works the hell out of your core and you have to keep the chest and elbows up or you will fall over backwards. The delts are totally isolated as well. Let me know if you try them.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You want to try a crazy delt exercise? These are hard as fauk. Sit on the floor straight legged in a power rack. Set the pins so the bar is just below chin height. Now do military pin presses. This works the hell out of your core and you have to keep the chest and elbows up or you will fall over backwards. The delts are totally isolated as well. Let me know if you try them.
Holy crap. Genius. I'm definitely going to give this a shot.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You will hate me for them. Lol

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The more difficult the better.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Ive heard of these before but never tried them. Ill give them a shot this weekend. Maybe ill video it too.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a love/hate thing with them. :smileeek:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Tonight is an much needed off night for me. I will be eating a big dinner and followed by a few sets of relaxing on the couch.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would the couch be a drop set routine?? :icon16:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
My arch is pretty mild compared to this...
[video=youtube;Fz6jKlIHfcs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz6jKlIHfcs[/video]

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's crazy!! Those reps were just fluid as hell. What is his max? I also feel those spotters were a joke. They need to be a lot more involved with the attention.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
That's crazy!! Those reps were just fluid as hell. What is his max? I also feel those spotters were a joke. They need to be a lot more involved with the attention.
Eric Lilliebridge is a beast. He's trying to a 2300lb raw total on Nov 3rd at SuperTraining Gym.

Here's some more of him...

[video=youtube;UuxdCH_LpYY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuxdCH_LpYY&feature=pl cp[/video]

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;oRNN0FvKDSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRNN0FvKDSI&feature=pl cp[/video]

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Stan Efferding, Dan green, and Eric Spoto will be lifting there as well...

[video=youtube;KSxhwThY7fE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSxhwThY7fE&feature=g-all-u[/video]

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Eric Spoto

[video=youtube;bLYhkfadpx4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLYhkfadpx4&feature=sh are&list=UU5WBcG76l3ZDdxYi4FXY f3A[/video]

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow is all I have to say. Lilliebridge uses a very narrow stance for squats and bench. Guy is a beast! Got your work cut out for ya bubba.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Wow is all I have to say. Lilliebridge uses a very narrow stance for squats and bench. Guy is a beast! Got your work cut out for ya bubba.
Haha he's trying to set the all time world record for a raw total. I'll just keep moving my little dinky weights and maybe some day I'll be strong ;)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bubba you is already stongz! Just not world record setting yet. :cheers:

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
i love watching his lats when he benches.... true powerlifter

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Bubba you is already stongz! Just not world record setting yet. :cheers:
Thanks man. It really means a lot... I've always had a twisted definition of what strong is... When I first started lifting I thought that a solid 135 bench for 5 reps was strong and if you could squat 225 you were more than a mere mortal. A little bit later once I tackled these obstacles the bar was raised... to a 185lb bench and a 275lb squat... and the story continues on and on... after each weight I conquered I could always look to someone else that was doing more and say... wow that guys strong... thats what I want to do next. I'll never forget that in college I met a guy who all of my friends said was the strongest kid they've ever met because he benched 225 for 3 sets of 10. That was engraved in my mind and I knew I'd never be considered strong until I could do that... Now I can hit 225 for 20 and the bar just keeps getting raised. I've never really taken much time to think about how strong I am compared to someone weaker than me because I always want to see the next finish line and the next goal...I also didn't intend this post to sound arrogant or elitist in anyway... I greatly value your opinion and your kind words do mean a lot to me. Thanks.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are nose bleeds this common in Power Lifting?
Thanks man. It really means a lot... I've always had a twisted definition of what strong is... When I first started lifting I thought that a solid 135 bench for 5 reps was strong and if you could squat 225 you were more than a mere mortal. A little bit later once I tackled these obstacles the bar was raised... to a 185lb bench and a 275lb squat... and the story continues on and on... after each weight I conquered I could always look to someone else that was doing more and say... wow that guys strong... thats what I want to do next. I'll never forget that in college I met a guy who all of my friends said was the strongest kid they've ever met because he benched 225 for 3 sets of 10. That was engraved in my mind and I knew I'd never be considered strong until I could do that... Now I can hit 225 for 20 and the bar just keeps getting raised. I've never really taken much time to think about how strong I am compared to someone weaker than me because I always want to see the next finish line and the next goal...I also didn't intend this post to sound arrogant or elitist in anyway... I greatly value your opinion and your kind words do mean a lot to me. Thanks.
Doesn't sound arrogant at all, man. If anything you sound humble. Keep killing it, man. You are more than a mere mortal in my eyes :hug: