Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Nice job man.
Thanks bro!

Damn dude. 1500 club. Whats next?
Uhhh... I'm going to Disney world?

Probably a few weeks of light deload work and some relaxing. Taking care of some things in life that I've been ignoring because of the meet.

Looking to clean up the diet and then get back to training soon. Gonna try knee wraps next.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like you got pretty much all you could get on the day! Great efforts on those last attempts. Great day.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you got pretty much all you could get on the day! Great efforts on those last attempts. Great day.
Thanks bro. Didn't get the 400 on the bench but there's always next time.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I went for a walk today. #cardio?

Resting this week. Probably light conditioning and maybe some arms. The plan is to do 4 weeks of bodybuilding training and conditioning. Give my body a break and then hit it hard again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on breaking the 1500 club brother! Very impressive! Sounds like a good plan for while you are recovering.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on breaking the 1500 club brother! Very impressive! Sounds like a good plan for while you are recovering.
Thanks!

I did 30 min of walking today at 3 mph. new pr? I don't think I've ever done that before.

I also did some biceps and got a good pump. Finally no longer feeling bloated from the meet and back to normal... if not a bit lighter.

During the last few weeks of meet prep, I was looking forward to the offseason and a change of pace... Now that its here, all I can think about is heavy lifting and chasing after some even bigger numbers.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I did 30 min of walking today at 3 mph. new pr? I don't think I've ever done that before.
Can you put that in kph in case the Captain is still lurking around?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Another 30 min treadmill session tonight. Back to lifting on Sunday.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Another 30 min treadmill session tonight. Back to lifting on Sunday.
careful with that cardio man, it's a gain killer.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
careful with that cardio man, it's a gain killer.
Everything that causes our muscle to grow starts out from exercise induced catabolism. Hypertrophy is the result of rebounding from the catabolic event. Now all of this fasted cardio nonsense can be more catabolic than it helps. Yet, every workout causes the cortisol increases that people erroneously state makes cardio catabolic. Lifting weights is catabolic. Recovering is anabolic. All anyone really has to worry about is proper recovery and not the mode of exercise used to burn the calories.

People look way to close instead of backing up for the big picture. I want to burn fat so I want lower blood sugar when I do cardio? WHY???? The glycogen that will be used is already stored in your muscle. HELLO!!!!! You actually burn more calories doing cardio after 20g of protein than on an empty stomach... burning calories, increasing metabolism, and improving heart health should be the goal of cardio. All that goofy tweaking stuff is silly and doesn't help your fat loss goals at all.

That being said in general I would think GPP would be a better scenario for fat loss, increasing overall strength & work capacity. I have found weighted carries to be some of the most anabolic inducing / fat melting activities I have done as of late. EPOC is out of this world from them. Same with sled drags, prowler pushes / pulls and what not. Plus they are just so much more fun!