Power and Size: Inarius Returns

Page 2 of 18 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    You want to try a crazy delt exercise? These are hard as fauk. Sit on the floor straight legged in a power rack. Set the pins so the bar is just below chin height. Now do military pin presses. This works the hell out of your core and you have to keep the chest and elbows up or you will fall over backwards. The delts are totally isolated as well. Let me know if you try them.
    Holy crap. Genius. I'm definitely going to give this a shot.


  2. You will hate me for them. Lol
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   
       


  3. The more difficult the better.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    You want to try a crazy delt exercise? These are hard as fauk. Sit on the floor straight legged in a power rack. Set the pins so the bar is just below chin height. Now do military pin presses. This works the hell out of your core and you have to keep the chest and elbows up or you will fall over backwards. The delts are totally isolated as well. Let me know if you try them.
    Ive heard of these before but never tried them. Ill give them a shot this weekend. Maybe ill video it too.
    SFW and GFH

  5. I have a love/hate thing with them.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   
       


  6. Tonight is an much needed off night for me. I will be eating a big dinner and followed by a few sets of relaxing on the couch.
    SFW and GFH

  7. Would the couch be a drop set routine??
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  8. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    Would the couch be a drop set routine??
    I was thinking of doing just a couple of long pause reps.
    SFW and GFH

  9. My arch is pretty mild compared to this...
    SFW and GFH

  10. That's crazy!! Those reps were just fluid as hell. What is his max? I also feel those spotters were a joke. They need to be a lot more involved with the attention.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  11. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    That's crazy!! Those reps were just fluid as hell. What is his max? I also feel those spotters were a joke. They need to be a lot more involved with the attention.
    Eric Lilliebridge is a beast. He's trying to a 2300lb raw total on Nov 3rd at SuperTraining Gym.

    Here's some more of him...

    SFW and GFH

  12. SFW and GFH

  13. Stan Efferding, Dan green, and Eric Spoto will be lifting there as well...

    SFW and GFH

  14. Eric Spoto

    SFW and GFH

  15. Wow is all I have to say. Lilliebridge uses a very narrow stance for squats and bench. Guy is a beast! Got your work cut out for ya bubba.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  16. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Wow is all I have to say. Lilliebridge uses a very narrow stance for squats and bench. Guy is a beast! Got your work cut out for ya bubba.
    Haha he's trying to set the all time world record for a raw total. I'll just keep moving my little dinky weights and maybe some day I'll be strong
    SFW and GFH

  17. Bubba you is already stongz! Just not world record setting yet.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  18. i love watching his lats when he benches.... true powerlifter

  19. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Bubba you is already stongz! Just not world record setting yet.
    Thanks man. It really means a lot... I've always had a twisted definition of what strong is... When I first started lifting I thought that a solid 135 bench for 5 reps was strong and if you could squat 225 you were more than a mere mortal. A little bit later once I tackled these obstacles the bar was raised... to a 185lb bench and a 275lb squat... and the story continues on and on... after each weight I conquered I could always look to someone else that was doing more and say... wow that guys strong... thats what I want to do next. I'll never forget that in college I met a guy who all of my friends said was the strongest kid they've ever met because he benched 225 for 3 sets of 10. That was engraved in my mind and I knew I'd never be considered strong until I could do that... Now I can hit 225 for 20 and the bar just keeps getting raised. I've never really taken much time to think about how strong I am compared to someone weaker than me because I always want to see the next finish line and the next goal...I also didn't intend this post to sound arrogant or elitist in anyway... I greatly value your opinion and your kind words do mean a lot to me. Thanks.
    SFW and GFH

  20. Are nose bleeds this common in Power Lifting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Thanks man. It really means a lot... I've always had a twisted definition of what strong is... When I first started lifting I thought that a solid 135 bench for 5 reps was strong and if you could squat 225 you were more than a mere mortal. A little bit later once I tackled these obstacles the bar was raised... to a 185lb bench and a 275lb squat... and the story continues on and on... after each weight I conquered I could always look to someone else that was doing more and say... wow that guys strong... thats what I want to do next. I'll never forget that in college I met a guy who all of my friends said was the strongest kid they've ever met because he benched 225 for 3 sets of 10. That was engraved in my mind and I knew I'd never be considered strong until I could do that... Now I can hit 225 for 20 and the bar just keeps getting raised. I've never really taken much time to think about how strong I am compared to someone weaker than me because I always want to see the next finish line and the next goal...I also didn't intend this post to sound arrogant or elitist in anyway... I greatly value your opinion and your kind words do mean a lot to me. Thanks.
    Doesn't sound arrogant at all, man. If anything you sound humble. Keep killing it, man. You are more than a mere mortal in my eyes

  21. Quote Originally Posted by metroba
    Are nose bleeds this common in Power Lifting? Doesn't sound arrogant at all, man. If anything you sound humble. Keep killing it, man. You are more than a mere mortal in my eyes
    Nose bleeds are common for powerlifters with high blood pressure that are moving a ton weight.
    SFW and GFH

  22. I watched a vid of Justin Harris DL'ing and he had blood coming out of his forehead from a blood vessel. Crazy pressure!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  23. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    I watched a vid of Justin Harris DL'ing and he had blood coming out of his forehead from a blood vessel. Crazy pressure!
    Justin Harris is a beast and one of my all time favorite bodybuilder/powerlifters. Its a shame about his injuries and nerve damage.
    SFW and GFH

  24. Yeah,I was really looking forward to watching him tear it up. His buddy Steve Kuclo is making some waves in BB'ing now.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  25. That makes sense that nose bleeds would ensue high blood pressure. I can only imagine test + heavy loads. BP must be atrocious.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    Yeah,I was really looking forward to watching him tear it up. His buddy Steve Kuclo is making some waves in BB'ing now.
    Yeah kuclo is awesome. I met him last year. Real great guy. Emt and pro bodybuilder.



    Name:  ForumRunner_20121012_131425.png
Views: 95
Size:  427.8 KB
    SFW and GFH

  27. Quote Originally Posted by metroba
    That makes sense that nose bleeds would ensue high blood pressure. I can only imagine test + heavy loads. BP must be atrocious.
    Exactly.
    SFW and GFH

  28. Today I trained my shoulders... and my arm meat

    Barbell Presses Seated w/ legs in front
    bar x10
    bar x10
    95 x8
    135 x5
    135 x5

    Barbell Presses sitting on a flat bench
    135 x5
    135 x5
    135 x5

    standing military presses (definitely wore out here)
    135 x6
    135 x6

    Standing DB side raises
    20 x10
    30 x10
    30 x10
    30 x10

    Db Front Raises
    20 x10
    30 x10
    30 x10
    30 x10

    Close grip bench
    135 x10
    135 x10
    225 x5 (shoulder felt a little funny so I stopped and moved on)

    Rope push downs
    4 sets of 12

    Barbell Curls in the squat rack
    65 x12
    85 x12
    85 x12
    85 x12
    Lots of dudes mean mugging me for this one but theres 4 racks in my gym and no other place to curl with a straight bar. One guy made it clear he wanted me to move... when I was done he quarter squatted 185 for a few ugly reps. In my defense, theres 4 racks and one guy was taking up 2 of them so he should've been the one to move... Also I was there for less than 5 minutes.

    db skull crushers... also known as rolling db tricep extensions
    40's x10
    50's x8
    50's x8
    50's x6 (failure) + 1 sets of one arm over head extensions w/ a 35 to failure to just blow em out

    DB hammer curls
    40s x10
    45s x10
    50s x8
    50s x8
    50s x6 drop to 40s xfailure

    Conditioning work:
    1 set of tire flips with 300+ tire

    2 sets of prowler pushes loaded up with 225 worth of plates

    2 sets of heavy bag carries

    all in all it was an ok day. Vascularity was up... which was strange to see....

    anyway here's a cool song:

    SFW and GFH

  29. Did you do the AZ presses?
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 08:08 AM
  2. Bulk Powerful and nettle root extract
    By shakti in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 11:22 AM
  3. Splenda and Size on
    By smblkolds in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Log in
Log in