Power and Size: Inarius Returns

Page 12 of 18 First ... 1011121314 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    No sense in pushing too hard and going backwards. I'm surprised you can bench well with the lat issue. Heal up big man.
    I'm surprised as well. The tear was closer to the middle of my back. I was out of the gym for 2 full weeks after it happened and have been slowly coming back.

All of the people that I have been working with have cleared me to start moving weight again. I'm glad it was just a small injury and not something much more. Injury prevention is now very serious to me and I'll be continuing to rehab and prehab my lat and shoulders.
    SFW and GFH

2. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    I'm surprised as well. The tear was closer to the middle of my back. I was out of the gym for 2 full weeks after it happened and have been slowly coming back.

All of the people that I have been working with have cleared me to start moving weight again. I'm glad it was just a small injury and not something much more. Injury prevention is now very serious to me and I'll be continuing to rehab and prehab my lat and shoulders.
    How I keep hanging around this game^^
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post

How I keep hanging around this game^^
    Got any tips or tricks?
    SFW and GFH

4. Definitely a lot of warm up sets, stretching during and after with each muscle worked, any and all supplemental exercises to strengthen smaller muscles...i.e rotators, etc. It needs to be consistent too.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

5. Good luck healing up man.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Definitely a lot of warm up sets, stretching during and after with each muscle worked, any and all supplemental exercises to strengthen smaller muscles...i.e rotators, etc. It needs to be consistent too.
    Good advice. Ive been reading a lot of articles on prehab. Im going to start doing some crazy bell bench to help strengthen my shoulders.

Tonight is an off night but I'll be squatting tomorrow morning. Looking to hit somewhere around 405x3. I'm also going to try some reverse band squats for the first time.
    SFW and GFH

7. Those are good for getting the CNS accustomed to more weight right?

8. Itll help with overloading the top end. I think those helped me mentally. Being able to have that load on your back and walk out and be accustomed to it. Plus 300 in the hole and 500 on top makes for a great ego boost.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

9. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Those are good for getting the CNS accustomed to more weight right?

Right. Also helps work the lockout of the squat.
    SFW and GFH

10. Wasn't able to set up the reverse bands like I wanted to so I didnt get to them today. I did hit 405x3 on my squat and then I worked up to 405x3 sumo pull off of 6inch blocks. 6 inch blocks put the bar right about three inches below my knee.

SFW and GFH

11. My bench is a work in progress...

Started my working sets like this...
    315 x3
    315 x1
    335 x1
    345 x1 (video)

I added the slingshot then and did two sets of 3 w/ 345.
    SFW and GFH

12. Lockout looked solid but the begining and middle was a struggle...shouders and chest strength. Arch is sick for a big man!!

13. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Lockout looked solid but the begining and middle was a struggle...shouders and chest strength. Arch is sick for a big man!!
    Thanks. The bar rolled on me a bit once I started pressing. I felt pretty beat up going into this workout. I didnt recover from my monday session and I was still pretty sore. Felt about 75% going in but i gave it my all
    SFW and GFH

14. Got some good work in considering then.

15. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Got some good work in considering then.
    My goal going in was to hit 315 for 4 or 5 reps but after hitting it for 3 I knew that probably wasn't gona happen so I started with some singles.
    SFW and GFH

16. Nice bench work man.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

17. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Nice bench work man.
    Thanks boss. Just trying to make some progress.
    SFW and GFH

18. **** looks solid man
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    **** looks solid man
    Im feeling like I am making some good progress lately. I've switched to a 3 day a week schedule lifting on Thursday, Saturday, and Monday. Gives me some more time to rest and recover and also some more time to devote to every day life.
    SFW and GFH

20. My current routine looks like this...

Thursday:
    Bench movement
    Bench Accessory movement
    Shoulder work
    Tricep
    Bicep

Saturday:
    Squats/Deadlifts
    and Accessory work

Monday:
    Upper body Accessory
    Back, Light arms, shoulders, abs, anything I didnt have time for on Thursday
    SFW and GFH

21. Subbed for another 275 lifter.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

22. Looks good to me. Similar to what I end up with on 5-3-1, just with squat/dead together. Which is fine to me.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Subbed for another 275 lifter.
    Welcome!
    SFW and GFH

24. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Looks good to me. Similar to what I end up with on 5-3-1, just with squat/dead together. Which is fine to me.
    Yeah for the last few years I've been back and forth between a 4 and 5 day schedule. I cut out a lot of the crap and streamlined it down to 3 days.
    SFW and GFH

25. 4 days a week with 1 week every 4 being a deload, and more focused workouts (around 1 hour) is awesome. I'd love to spend 3 hours a day in the gym everyday but lift gets in the way. I feel like the shorter workouts are much more focused and even effective anyways. It's all about finding what works for you. I was doing 3 a week a couple months ago as well.

26. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    4 days a week with 1 week every 4 being a deload, and more focused workouts (around 1 hour) is awesome. I'd love to spend 3 hours a day in the gym everyday but lift gets in the way. I feel like the shorter workouts are much more focused and even effective anyways. It's all about finding what works for you. I was doing 3 a week a couple months ago as well.
    My gym time is about an hour and a half when I'm in there. I'm thinking about a deload in a week or two.
    SFW and GFH

27. I deload every other cycle, so 6 weeks on 1 "off". That's not a bad length. My dead and squat days are about that long. Also I end up doig HIIT a few days a week etc.

28. Getting ready to go hit some squats and deadlifts here in a little bit. I'm going to go in there and see how I feel today. No plans just throwing some weight.
    SFW and GFH

29. Sounds like my plan for back yesterday...Lol I actually surprised myself. Make it happen big man!

30. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Getting ready to go hit some squats and deadlifts here in a little bit. I'm going to go in there and see how I feel today. No plans just throwing some weight.
    Sometimes those yield the best workouts.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 08:08 AM
  2. Bulk Powerful and nettle root extract
    By shakti in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 11:22 AM
  3. Splenda and Size on
    By smblkolds in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 02:41 PM