Mattrag and whatever training

Page 3 of 10 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    19620
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Idk man I have never done any "fancy" type of squats, I like to keep it simple lol

  2. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    wow.... today tried to match my PR of 185x2 for power cleans and I dropped the second one (Well almost... saved it but skinned my chest and arms saving my floor...) I had a technical failure on the second clean's first pull so I just tried to pull the double w/o resetting... never again. lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  3. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Idk man I have never done any "fancy" type of squats, I like to keep it simple lol
    It's to progress into doing snatches lol. Plus it's kool haha.
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    239086
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    8.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Overhead squatting is pretty difficult without Olympic weightlifting shoes. I started out overhead squatting onto a bench seat because I couldn't mentally get myself to squat down without the bench under me lol
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  5. Professional Member
    taman6886's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    1072209
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    19.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    AWESOME!!

    BTW, yesterday I did some speed cleans like Jay suggested. My god it was good, got a nice stretch too. Another Q!!


    I don't have enough shoulder mobility to do an over head squat (Or hip/low back "give" to get that low w/o lowering my torso) any tips? I know youtube got a ton, but just wondering what you all thought

    Other than "you 're insane"? Nope, no thoughts at all. It's a very technical lift, never attempted it, best of luck my friend.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

    Recoverbro
  6. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Overhead squatting is pretty difficult without Olympic weightlifting shoes. I started out overhead squatting onto a bench seat because I couldn't mentally get myself to squat down without the bench under me lol
    I know... I want those shoes... how the hell do Cross fitters do it w/o the shoes? It doesn't even seem possible w/o them... Even catching the clean at the low ATG squat... squatting that low on a high bar back squat is already damn hard... can't even imagine having the bar in front of me...
    RecoverBro ELITE
  7. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Other than "you 're insane"? Nope, no thoughts at all. It's a very technical lift, never attempted it, best of luck my friend.
    The only way I train man....After nearly dropping 185 I did some DE deads. I must say I need to work this lift. My speed sux.... BTW, I do REALLY Abbreviated sessions. 8-15 max effort then like 30-1hr of rest, then I do more... I love the weekends... Next up is 100 pull ups for time. I'm getting psyched for this one. I think last winter I did it all in 20mins. I wanna see if I can do it in less than 15 now.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  8. Elite Member
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989353
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    23.35%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    100 pull ups for time....that's interesting. Sounds tiring!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  9. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    100 pull ups for time....that's interesting. Sounds tiring!!
    hehe, having to train more as an "athlete" I need to do more balanced work loads. Strength stuff, speed stuff, and endurance stuff. Sadly... When I was doing BB workouts I would only do the strength stuff haha. So I am slow as hell.... AND I don't last very long... Hmm...
    RecoverBro ELITE
  10. Professional Member
    taman6886's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    1072209
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    19.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    hehe, having to train more as an "athlete" I need to do more balanced work loads. Strength stuff, speed stuff, and endurance stuff. Sadly... When I was doing BB workouts I would only do the strength stuff haha. So I am slow as hell.... AND I don't last very long... Hmm...
    That's what she said..................
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

    Recoverbro
  11. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    That's what she said..................
    didn't have to wait long for that lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  12. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    5/5/12
    Power cleans
    135x5x5
    155x3
    175x3
    185x1 (failed the double... was horrible)

    DE Deadlifts

    185x2x12 (20-30 seconds between sets)

    100 pull ups

    Time 12mins 8 seconds.

    I have determined that my biceps are a real problem right now for my clean and my pull ups... When they get pumped I can't rack the bar well and when I do pull ups they limit how "high" i can get at the top. By no means are the FCKING HYOOOGE. but still they are a bit bigger than I need them to be. Hopefully it's mostly fat and will burn off w/o sacrificing my wonderful on the run, out stretched, on the rise forehands for tennis..... well regardless hopefully if I lose some more weight I can actually get to the ball in time so I'm not doing some ridiculous shot that I should be able to hit clean...
    RecoverBro ELITE
  13. New Member
    sae2110's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    12325
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    4.06%

    I know this sounds patronizing- widen the grip on th pullups? It would open the angle of the elbow at the top of the concentric part- just a thought.
  14. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by sae2110
    I know this sounds patronizing- widen the grip on th pullups? It would open the angle of the elbow at the top of the concentric part- just a thought.
    Would definitely bring the lats in more as well. Though I train pull ups mainly for upright stability on my standing OHP and front squats so my hand position mimics the plane I use for those... Good advice though. Just that going from a BB back to a performance athlete... The body just isn't proportionate.... Specially for something like tennis... Lmao.
    Thanks!!!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  15. Senior Member
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    239086
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    8.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Tennis is the only sport ill openly admit Im bad at lol
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  16. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    yesterday didn't do anything but watch 2 movies with the wife at home. Checked out some Mobility stuff... omg i'm freaking IMMOBILE!

    Oh, and don't worry Jay, tennis is hard.. I admit I joined for the girls.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  17. Senior Member
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    19620
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    It works!
  18. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,349
    Rep Power
    5156772
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    29.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    5/5/12
    Power cleans
    135x5x5
    155x3
    175x3
    185x1 (failed the double... was horrible)

    DE Deadlifts

    185x2x12 (20-30 seconds between sets)

    100 pull ups

    Time 12mins 8 seconds.

    I have determined that my biceps are a real problem right now for my clean and my pull ups... When they get pumped I can't rack the bar well and when I do pull ups they limit how "high" i can get at the top. By no means are the FCKING HYOOOGE. but still they are a bit bigger than I need them to be. Hopefully it's mostly fat and will burn off w/o sacrificing my wonderful on the run, out stretched, on the rise forehands for tennis..... well regardless hopefully if I lose some more weight I can actually get to the ball in time so I'm not doing some ridiculous shot that I should be able to hit clean...
    I bet your lats are more the limiting factor than your biceps as far as something obstructing your ascent, that and you need to arch your back a little more to be able to pull to you collar bone or chest once you get a little mass on you. It will bring the lats more into the move also.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html
  19. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73

    I bet your lats are more the limiting factor than your biceps as far as something obstructing your ascent, that and you need to arch your back a little more to be able to pull to you collar bone or chest once you get a little mass on you. It will bring the lats more into the move also.
    That could be it. When I was doing pull ups on Saturday I was able to hit bw+45x3 (never did weighted pull ups before) but I was able to get my chest over the bar. I guess I wasn't in practice.

    Anyway I'm back and I have all my workouts logged in my book. Donno if I'll post um all but it's good to be back lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  20. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid
    It works!
    Yup!!!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  21. Diamond Member
    LiveToLift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,966
    Rep Power
    10744440
    Level
    107
    Lv. Percent
    32.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Following bro!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  22. Diamond Member
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,424
    Rep Power
    4289816
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    82.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Subbed
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  23. Senior Member
    TurningGreen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,763
    Rep Power
    42473
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    69.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Nice work there bro, 100 pulls for time is some BA stuff.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  24. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    Nice work there bro, 100 pulls for time is some BA stuff.
    Heheh, It was good.
    Today I did my OHP 3s

    45x10
    45x10
    95x5
    115x5
    145x3
    155x8 (PR)

    Squats

    115x10
    115x10
    135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    235x5
    235x5
    235x5
    235x5
    235x5 (These were ass to ankles so very different from what I was doing previously of Sumo style squat. This is basically to prep for when I can do front squats)


    Hang power cleans
    135x5
    135x3
    135x5
    135x3
    135x5
    135x5

    Sadly my hang cleans are more muscled... gotta work on that. Seems from the ground I can just deadlift it and continue it all the way to receiving it in the power position, but if I take it above the knee I just muscle it up... Gotta work on that. I think tomorow I will do that.


    Also, I realize now that I have allergies to BOTH eggs and whey... So my eggs are being banned from my diet, along with my protein bars that I had bought as portable nutrition. I think I will just stick to fats and my BCAAs. (Currently Purple Wraath) Hopefully when my mom gets here for a vacation there will be some thing I can eat w/o gluten... I found though that ALL meats cooked in any type of sauce/flavoring are BASED in flour here (and in most Asian cuisine) so that the flavor is better received by the food... man.. that blows. But I guess that would explain why there is always wheat in every single dish at every single restaurant I visit... And custom order... in Japan that just simply doesn't exist. You get what they serve you.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  25. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,349
    Rep Power
    5156772
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    29.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Too bad man food allergies SUCK!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html
  26. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Too bad man food allergies SUCK!
    Yea. But it's good to know.
    Glad I'm slowly tackling my weight problems and food problems. Feels like progress to me .
    RecoverBro ELITE
  27. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Hmm. So anabeta ran out two days ago.

    And I stopped exemestane as well. Started up what's left of bridge.
    So basically the only non staple stuff I'm on ATM is albuterol and bridge.
    I'm getting the new DHT PH by FRL/AMS so I will add that when I get back from vacation in June. Should be good. Seeing I am pretty far out of pct and my last run was only 2 weeks (emergency stop). I should get some good strength gains on it.
    One thing I'm worried about is my joints are really acting up. Could be due to the added volume in cardio. I will try to see if it goes away somehow lol. Other than that today I will go for a Max effort dead lift and do some snatch work.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  28. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,349
    Rep Power
    5156772
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    29.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Haha He said Snatch...

    THat or could be the exemestane was lowering your Estro more than you anticipated.

    Guess who's back for another log... Kleen's Queen! Come give her your support.

    KLEENSQUEEN - Adds Mass that's Lean on Creatine w/ Finaflex Crea-Trona
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html
  29. Senior Member
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    239086
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    8.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag
    Hmm. So anabeta ran out two days ago.

    And I stopped exemestane as well. Started up what's left of bridge.
    So basically the only non staple stuff I'm on ATM is albuterol and bridge.
    I'm getting the new DHT PH by FRL/AMS so I will add that when I get back from vacation in June. Should be good. Seeing I am pretty far out of pct and my last run was only 2 weeks (emergency stop). I should get some good strength gains on it.
    One thing I'm worried about is my joints are really acting up. Could be due to the added volume in cardio. I will try to see if it goes away somehow lol. Other than that today I will go for a Max effort dead lift and do some snatch work.
    How good is your snatch?
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  30. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    How good is your snatch?
    FREAKING HORRID! I am still learning on a gardening rod I bought at the local gardening store.... lol
    RecoverBro ELITE
  31. Senior Member
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    19620
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Matt, on the whole egg issue you are having. What happens when you eat eggs exactly? I have an egg intolerance and you may as well. If you have gotten vaccinations in the past you do not have an egg allergy because eggs are used in the process to make the vaccines. If you did you would have gone into shock. I can't even eat products with a little big of eggs mixed in, like with certain sauces. It sucks lol
  32. Senior Member
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    239086
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    8.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    FREAKING HORRID! I am still learning on a gardening rod I bought at the local gardening store.... lol
    Yeah start out light, and don't sacrifice form just to get a little bit more weight just to appease your ego. That was my issue starting out.
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  33. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Matt, on the whole egg issue you are having. What happens when you eat eggs exactly? I have an egg intolerance and you may as well. If you have gotten vaccinations in the past you do not have an egg allergy because eggs are used in the process to make the vaccines. If you did you would have gone into shock. I can't even eat products with a little big of eggs mixed in, like with certain sauces. It sucks lol

    Definitely not that bad, the allergic reaction is minor itching and mucus. Like I rarely ever get any type of congestion. About 1-3 hours after I eat eggs or whey I get congested, and itchy... it is definitely minor, but I don't like ANYTHING that will cause a disturbance in my body.

    I have never liked mayonnaise though.. what's really interesting to me is that all the foods I never liked when I was young are foods that I seem to be reacting to very negatively now... Like when I was a kid I NEVER drank milk. I hated it. I would eat my Rice Crispys with no liquid. Also, never liked mayo in my sandwiches... hell never even liked the bread.... I honestly hate bread.. unless it's more butter than flour lol.

    Sad thing about the egg issue though is that I miss the ArA from it....
    RecoverBro ELITE
  34. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Yeah start out light, and don't sacrifice form just to get a little bit more weight just to appease your ego. That was my issue starting out.
    Yea... I am working really hard on my cleans too... I want to be able to really explode to get it into rack position versus just muscling it up... I always think, pull with the traps, rotate the elbows out to stop me from "pulling it" and jump the weight.

    On a very happy note I was able to do a full front squat with the bar in the rack position!! Also, did a couple supported hand stand push ups.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  35. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Haha He said Snatch...

    THat or could be the exemestane was lowering your Estro more than you anticipated.

    Guess who's back for another log... Kleen's Queen! Come give her your support.

    KLEENSQUEEN - Adds Mass that's Lean on Creatine w/ Finaflex Crea-Trona
    subbed in there bro!

    I am wondering about low estro.. Any idea on the half life of exem? I've been off it for 4 days and my joints are clicking away lol. Even lowered the volume. Today I think I will do a 10x10 circuit. Kinda similar to what you and TG are doing. Just to give my joints a break from the weights.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  36. Senior Member
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    239086
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    8.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Yea... I am working really hard on my cleans too... I want to be able to really explode to get it into rack position versus just muscling it up... I always think, pull with the traps, rotate the elbows out to stop me from "pulling it" and jump the weight.

    On a very happy note I was able to do a full front squat with the bar in the rack position!! Also, did a couple supported hand stand push ups.
    Congrats man, I should probably focus on technique more again. I 'whip' more than I jump/explode up, especially with my snatches.
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  37. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Congrats man, I should probably focus on technique more again. I 'whip' more than I jump/explode up, especially with my snatches.
    well I think it's a combination of the two but I need to work on both for sure..

    BTW donny shankle is a MONSTER

    RecoverBro ELITE
  38. Senior Member
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    239086
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    8.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    well I think it's a combination of the two but I need to work on both for sure..

    BTW donny shankle is a MONSTER

    Yeah he's a beast on the national level, he gets sh*t on internationally though.
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  39. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Yeah he's a beast on the national level, he gets sh*t on internationally though.
    makes sense... there are like 200 american weight lifters... while there are like 2 million to pull from in probably Russia alone...
    RecoverBro ELITE
  40. Senior Member
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    239086
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    8.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    makes sense... there are like 200 american weight lifters... while there are like 2 million to pull from in probably Russia alone...
    Check out Dmitry Klokov, guy's a monster. It is disgusting.
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Mattrag's workout log
    By mattrag in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 08:56 PM
  2. Mattrag cuts it up with S4
    By mattrag in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 03:24 AM
  3. Mattrag tries the golden feast!
    By mattrag in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 02:47 AM
  4. Mattrag's Pre-DOWN!
    By mattrag in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in