Mattrag and whatever training

Page 3 of 13 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

Do you "catch" your cleans? like this guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF6SntdVvjw

with elbows parallel to the ground? This is the form I am working towards lol. I use the wraps on bench press. But recently I have had no joint pains.
    Not sure, never videoed it, but anyone I trust who has observed me said my form is tight. I know I sure as hell don't just throw **** down after a rep lol.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

Recoverbro

2. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Not sure, never videoed it, but anyone I trust who has observed me said my form is tight. I know I sure as hell don't just throw **** down after a rep lol.
    most oly lifters just drop the bar after lifting as they are only interested in the concentric portion of the lift. My elbow flexibility is too shot to keep that form with wrist warps... lol. I barely catch it correctly... I still can't front squat with that grip. My lowback/ ham strings are too tight. haha.
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid

im on a lot of joint support though if you don't your joints will kill you.. hdrol just killed me with lethargy. My friends felt the same way on hdrol, but they also feel the same way about epi. But I feel good on epi, could be the stims Ive been using have been keeping the lethargy at bay also, hard to say. Either way, Im not complaining lol I'd go up to 80 mg but that's prob dumb at my size 60 is prob high as it is
    Epi+ stims? When was the last time you had your BP checked? Taking any support sups to help keep it down ?

Recoverbro

4. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Epi+ stims? When was the last time you had your BP checked? Taking any support sups to help keep it down ?
    I've done Mdrol with stims my friend. My BP does very well on cycle. I rarely go above 130/70.
    Off cycle I am around 100/55.
    RecoverBro ELITE

5. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    been doing it for 4 weeks my bp hasnt gone over 130/75. I'm a beast, what can I say.

6. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Any clean pr I make I slam down afterwards lol

7. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    been doing it for 4 weeks my bp hasnt gone over 130/75. I'm a beast, what can I say.
    hhahah, good stuff eh? love the fact that i don't worry about BP on cycle

Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Any clean pr I make I slam down afterwards lol
    That's the best way my friend. If only my gym had bumper plates..
    RecoverBro ELITE

8. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    hhahah, good stuff eh? love the fact that i don't worry about BP on cycle

That's the best way my friend. If only my gym had bumper plates..
    I got pretty lucky with my current gym. One of the only local gyms that have bumper plates and condone the Oly lifts. It's going out of business sometime soon, so I'm considering just shelling out the money and building my own in my garage.

9. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    I got pretty lucky with my current gym. One of the only local gyms that have bumper plates and condone the Oly lifts. It's going out of business sometime soon, so I'm considering just shelling out the money and building my own in my garage.
    only the bb/cardio type gyms are making it now.... sad.
    RecoverBro ELITE

10. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    only the bb/cardio type gyms are making it now.... sad.
    my gym just made a bumper plate corner where we can do cleans and drop the weight. But the weights are larger than the standard weights we use on the barbells. is it normal for the bar to be higher off the ground when doing cleans?
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    my gym just made a bumper plate corner where we can do cleans and drop the weight. But the weights are larger than the standard weights we use on the barbells. is it normal for the bar to be higher off the ground when doing cleans?
    It's even bigger than the 45? my 20kg plate here in japan is made about 2inches or so longer in diameter. But as far as the 10kgs, and 5kgs they should all be the diameter so that the distance you have to pull the bar off the ground is the same regardless of weight (Provided there is weight on the bar)
    RecoverBro ELITE

12. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    It's even bigger than the 45? my 20kg plate here in japan is made about 2inches or so longer in diameter. But as far as the 10kgs, and 5kgs they should all be the diameter so that the distance you have to pull the bar off the ground is the same regardless of weight (Provided there is weight on the bar)
    Yeah the 5, 10, 25, 45 etc are all the same size when comparing the bumper plate weights to eachother. But when you compare them to a normal weight that you put on a barbell, for like squats, they are larger than the standard 45 lb weight. Not sure exactly how much bigger tho maybe an few inches in diameter

13. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Yeah the 5, 10, 25, 45 etc are all the same size when comparing the bumper plate weights to eachother. But when you compare them to a normal weight that you put on a barbell, for like squats, they are larger than the standard 45 lb weight. Not sure exactly how much bigger tho maybe an few inches in diameter
    Just looked it up, a standard 45lb weight has a 17 3/4-in diameter and a standard Olympic bumper plate has a 17.72in(450mm) diameter

14. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Just looked it up, a standard 45lb weight has a 17 3/4-in diameter and a standard Olympic bumper plate has a 17.72in(450mm) diameter
    Wow... so they are actually SMALLER? hmm...
    RecoverBro ELITE

15. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    that is very off then! I noticed this because someone was doing deadlifts with them.. they grabbed a standard 45 lb plate from the other squat racks. You could tell that the standard 45 lb plate was smaller because it didnt meet the ground like the bumper plate did. I'll have to ask the ppl at the gym about this

16. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Wow... so they are actually SMALLER? hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    that is very off then! I noticed this because someone was doing deadlifts with them.. they grabbed a standard 45 lb plate from the other squat racks. You could tell that the standard 45 lb plate was smaller because it didnt meet the ground like the bumper plate did. I'll have to ask the ppl at the gym about this
    Yup, they're slightly smaller. Now that I'm thinking about it, sometimes I would have a bar on the platform with just a bumper 45lb weight on each side, I'd go to put a 45lb iron weight on it too and have to really work to get it on the bar because it made contact with the platform. So it makes since that the bumpers are slightly smaller.

Hopefully that small paragraph is readable.

17. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid

Thanks, I feel better knowing you are keeping an eye on it.Seen too many "omg help I haz teh gyno's threads" by idiots which apparently you are not on of them.

Recoverbro

18. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Thanks, I feel better knowing you are keeping an eye onion! Seen too many "omg help I haz teh gyno's threads" by idiots which apparently you are not on of them.
    BigDavid knows what he is doing (I hope lol).
    Getting his bloods done post cycle too. Lucky bum.
    RecoverBro ELITE

19. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Thanks, I feel better knowing you are keeping an eye on it.Seen too many "omg help I haz teh gyno's threads" by idiots which apparently you are not on of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    BigDavid knows what he is doing (I hope lol).
    Getting his bloods done post cycle too. Lucky bum.
    Shucks, guys . Actually I am getting "during bloods" next week that I paid for. Gona hit up the doc for some post cycle bloods when I get my physical in a few months :P. I've never got on cycle bloods before since I just do short methyl cycles, but I am curious to see how suppressed I am at my last week on cycle.

20. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Shucks, guys . Actually I am getting "during bloods" next week that I paid for. Gona hit up the doc for some post cycle bloods when I get my physical in a few months :P. I've never got on cycle bloods before since I just do short methyl cycles, but I am curious to see how suppressed I am at my last week on cycle.
    AWESOME!!

BTW, yesterday I did some speed cleans like Jay suggested. My god it was good, got a nice stretch too. Another Q!!

I don't have enough shoulder mobility to do an over head squat (Or hip/low back "give" to get that low w/o lowering my torso) any tips? I know youtube got a ton, but just wondering what you all thought
    RecoverBro ELITE

21. Idk man I have never done any "fancy" type of squats, I like to keep it simple lol

22. wow.... today tried to match my PR of 185x2 for power cleans and I dropped the second one (Well almost... saved it but skinned my chest and arms saving my floor...) I had a technical failure on the second clean's first pull so I just tried to pull the double w/o resetting... never again. lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

23. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Idk man I have never done any "fancy" type of squats, I like to keep it simple lol
    It's to progress into doing snatches lol. Plus it's kool haha.
    RecoverBro ELITE

24. Overhead squatting is pretty difficult without Olympic weightlifting shoes. I started out overhead squatting onto a bench seat because I couldn't mentally get myself to squat down without the bench under me lol

25. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    AWESOME!!

BTW, yesterday I did some speed cleans like Jay suggested. My god it was good, got a nice stretch too. Another Q!!

I don't have enough shoulder mobility to do an over head squat (Or hip/low back "give" to get that low w/o lowering my torso) any tips? I know youtube got a ton, but just wondering what you all thought

Other than "you 're insane"? Nope, no thoughts at all. It's a very technical lift, never attempted it, best of luck my friend.

Recoverbro

26. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Overhead squatting is pretty difficult without Olympic weightlifting shoes. I started out overhead squatting onto a bench seat because I couldn't mentally get myself to squat down without the bench under me lol
    I know... I want those shoes... how the hell do Cross fitters do it w/o the shoes? It doesn't even seem possible w/o them... Even catching the clean at the low ATG squat... squatting that low on a high bar back squat is already damn hard... can't even imagine having the bar in front of me...
    RecoverBro ELITE

27. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Other than "you 're insane"? Nope, no thoughts at all. It's a very technical lift, never attempted it, best of luck my friend.
    The only way I train man....After nearly dropping 185 I did some DE deads. I must say I need to work this lift. My speed sux.... BTW, I do REALLY Abbreviated sessions. 8-15 max effort then like 30-1hr of rest, then I do more... I love the weekends... Next up is 100 pull ups for time. I'm getting psyched for this one. I think last winter I did it all in 20mins. I wanna see if I can do it in less than 15 now.
    RecoverBro ELITE

28. 100 pull ups for time....that's interesting. Sounds tiring!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

29. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    100 pull ups for time....that's interesting. Sounds tiring!!
    hehe, having to train more as an "athlete" I need to do more balanced work loads. Strength stuff, speed stuff, and endurance stuff. Sadly... When I was doing BB workouts I would only do the strength stuff haha. So I am slow as hell.... AND I don't last very long... Hmm...
    RecoverBro ELITE

30. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    hehe, having to train more as an "athlete" I need to do more balanced work loads. Strength stuff, speed stuff, and endurance stuff. Sadly... When I was doing BB workouts I would only do the strength stuff haha. So I am slow as hell.... AND I don't last very long... Hmm...
    That's what she said..................

Recoverbro

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mattrag's workout log
    By mattrag in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 08:56 PM
  2. Mattrag cuts it up with S4
    By mattrag in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 03:24 AM