Mattrag and whatever training

Page 2 of 10 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    yes, sir. this will be my last summer ever got to make the most of it!
    enjoy my friend!
    RecoverBro ELITE

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Workout for 5/3/12 ME Sumo squat

135x5x2
    185x5x2
    225x5x2
    275x5x2
    315x5
    345x3
    365x1

Deadlift

135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    275x5x5

The Chief (just 3 rounds)

Good workout day.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

This is awesome! All of it!! Got to send you a hyperfit day.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    This is awesome! All of it!! Got to send you a hyperfit day.
    send me a WOD I'll try it lol. So long as it doesn't require rings, or Hand stand push ups I can usually do anything.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

in regards to my cleans... the time aspect of the thing REALLY makes my cleans WAY faster. It made 135 feel like nothing, and I wasn't even pulling that hard... Being at home I can't explode off the second pull like I usually do (Used to do A LOT of hang power cleans) cause I feel like my floor is gonna break...

Also, 275x5 deads... haha that felt hella light too. I probably could have done it for 10 but... meh, I am lifting for strength, I'll do speed stuff for reps.

Gotta increase my Vo2 max and endurance... Tennis season is 12 weeks away, w/o playing tennis I must be in top shape for it.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.37%

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    send me a WOD I'll try it lol. So long as it doesn't require rings, or Hand stand push ups I can usually do anything.
    Awesome... I actually just posted yesterdays workout in my LOG. No rings or HS push-ups! Ill post it here too...

Hyperfitness Week 1/2

Perform a set of the first exercise and immediately follow with a set of the second. Without rest repeat each drill twice more. After 3 sets of each drill, rest for 2-3 minutes, and then move to the next grouping.

1A. Triceps Skullcrusher to Crunch with Bar Press, 12 reps @ 35lbs
    1B. Medicine Ball Throw to Medicine Ball Salm, 15 reps @ 10lbs

2A. DB Holding Push-up with Straight Lef Lift, 20 reps
    2B. Speed Skater Drill with Medicine Ball, 15 reps (each leg is 1 rep) @ 10lbs

3A. Barbell Single-Arm Squat Incline Press, 15 reps @ 55lbs
    3B. Rock Climber to Full Jumping Jack, 12 reps

4A. Bosu Upside-Down Push-up, 2 reps, to Bosu Press, 10 reps
    4B. Underhand Grip Jump Bar Pull-up, 10 reps

IE Drill: Go straight through all 4 drills with little or no rest between, then repeat.

1. Big Circle Medicine Ball Squat Jump, 16 reps @10 lbs
    2. Sqaut Shadowbox DB Punch with Double Thai Knee Smash, 15 reps @ 3lbs
    3. Quarter-Turn Jump Squat, 30 reps
    4. Knee-high Underneath Claps, 40reps

Core: Go straight through the 3 exercises with no rest; repeat twics for 20 reps each.

1. Stability Ball Crunch (with Medicine Ball on chest) @ 10lbs
    2. Hands Behind Head stability Ball Sit-up
    3. Stability Ball Twist
    (with Medicine Ball on chest) @ 10lbs
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.06%

Break your floor? Those kind of weights i would be in the garage, or at least on solid crete!

@bigdavid- good luck with med school! My wife's an ER doc, just got out of residency in 2010, and loves it didn't love med school so much with the crazy hours but it was worth it for her. Sorry just ha to spread some encouragement not hijacking the thread lol
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

Quote Originally Posted by sae2110 View Post
    Break your floor? Those kind of weights i would be in the garage, or at least on solid crete!

@bigdavid- good luck with med school! My wife's an ER doc, just got out of residency in 2010, and loves it didn't love med school so much with the crazy hours but it was worth it for her. Sorry just ha to spread some encouragement not hijacking the thread lol
    I live in an old fashioned Japanese house... Tatami mats are my floors, there is no garage, no outside, no insulation, no hot water... I kid you not... I have a heater outside that heats the water in my tub and I have to use that to shower.. in the winter it's freezing in my house... just 3 more months... and I'll be back home in Hawaii after my 3 year teaching experience lol. Everytime I do a squat the floor gives a good inch... The nearest gym is about 1.5hrs away about $20 one way to get there, and $5 a visit.... I bought my own gym. It was cheaper.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.06%

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

I live in an old fashioned Japanese house... Tatami mats are my floors, there is no garage, no outside, no insulation, no hot water... I kid you not... I have a heater outside that heats the water in my tub and I have to use that to shower.. in the winter it's freezing in my house... just 3 more months... and I'll be back home in Hawaii after my 3 year teaching experience lol. Everytime I do a squat the floor gives a good inch... The nearest gym is about 1.5hrs away about $20 one way to get there, and $5 a visit.... I bought my own gym. It was cheaper.
    Holy ****! Props for being resourceful, that floor is scary tho. And you do the high volume crossfit WO's. Anybody live below you? Maybe you should ask them to install some sort of support right under where you lift heavy, luke what is used in a basement to support a sagging floor joist/beam!
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

Quote Originally Posted by sae2110 View Post
    Holy ****! Props for being resourceful, that floor is scary tho. And you do the high volume crossfit WO's. Anybody live below you? Maybe you should ask them to install some sort of support right under where you lift heavy, luke what is used in a basement to support a sagging floor joist/beam!
    luckily i live on the first floor lol. I've looked under the mats... omfg... there are like 0.5 inch wooden planks randomly placed there... just 2 more months... Hopefully on the weekends I can hit that far expensive gym to pull heavy cleans... I don't think my floor can take cleans any higher than 185.... Well I won't be able to pull them w/o "jumping" so if I do that my floor is bound to go....
    RecoverBro ELITE
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%

luckily i live on the first floor lol. I've looked under the mats... omfg... there are like 0.5 inch wooden planks randomly placed there... just 2 more months... Hopefully on the weekends I can hit that far expensive gym to pull heavy cleans... I don't think my floor can take cleans any higher than 185.... Well I won't be able to pull them w/o "jumping" so if I do that my floor is bound to go....

If the floor aint bendin, you just pretendin
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

If the floor aint bendin, you just pretendin
    LMAO, I was just thinking about doing ME cleans today... then remembered I might die if I do. Plus I tweaked my right mid back yesterday so I doubt I could pull that heavy.

BTW, in regards to Osta, 2 weeks you'll be in PCT? WTH are you on now!? lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.37%

LMAO, I was just thinking about doing ME cleans today... then remembered I might die if I do. Plus I tweaked my right mid back yesterday so I doubt I could pull that heavy.

I found wrapping my wrist before doing cleans offers a nice buffer to prevent and even allow continued healing of injuries to occur, plus it looks kind of bad ass
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

Recoverbro
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    I found wrapping my wrist before doing cleans offers a nice buffer to prevent and even allow continued healing of injuries to occur, plus it looks kind of bad ass
    Do you "catch" your cleans? like this guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF6SntdVvjw

with elbows parallel to the ground? This is the form I am working towards lol. I use the wraps on bench press. But recently I have had no joint pains.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%

im on epi at 60 mg lol. epi >>>>>>hdrol I feel really good

getting a blood test next week lets see how suppressed I am lol
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

im on epi at 60 mg lol. epi >>>>>>hdrol I feel really good

getting a blood test next week lets see how suppressed I am lol
    You like epi eh? Shiet.. I bought some Hdrol.. maybe I'll trade if for some epi later. I still haven't run it yet... hmm....
    RecoverBro ELITE
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%

You like epi eh? Shiet.. I bought some Hdrol.. maybe I'll trade if for some epi later. I still haven't run it yet... hmm....
    im on a lot of joint support though if you don't your joints will kill you.. hdrol just killed me with lethargy. My friends felt the same way on hdrol, but they also feel the same way about epi. But I feel good on epi, could be the stims Ive been using have been keeping the lethargy at bay also, hard to say. Either way, Im not complaining lol I'd go up to 80 mg but that's prob dumb at my size 60 is prob high as it is
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

im on a lot of joint support though if you don't your joints will kill you.. hdrol just killed me with lethargy. My friends felt the same way on hdrol, but they also feel the same way about epi. But I feel good on epi, could be the stims Ive been using have been keeping the lethargy at bay also, hard to say. Either way, Im not complaining lol I'd go up to 80 mg but that's prob dumb at my size 60 is prob high as it is
    Yea, 80mgs... wowzers.

What brand you using?
    RecoverBro ELITE
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%

Yea, 80mgs... wowzers.

What brand you using?
    I was using IBE for the first few weeks but they didn't have any more in stock so I had to switch to havoc for the last few weeks. Both seemed to work the same they are interchangeable. Id go with havoc next time just cause its cheaper.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

I was using IBE for the first few weeks but they didn't have any more in stock so I had to switch to havoc for the last few weeks. Both seemed to work the same they are interchangeable. Id go with havoc next time just cause its cheaper.
    Yea RPN's Havoc is quite nice on the wallet
    RecoverBro ELITE
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.37%

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

Do you "catch" your cleans? like this guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF6SntdVvjw

with elbows parallel to the ground? This is the form I am working towards lol. I use the wraps on bench press. But recently I have had no joint pains.
    Not sure, never videoed it, but anyone I trust who has observed me said my form is tight. I know I sure as hell don't just throw **** down after a rep lol.

Recoverbro
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

Not sure, never videoed it, but anyone I trust who has observed me said my form is tight. I know I sure as hell don't just throw **** down after a rep lol.
    most oly lifters just drop the bar after lifting as they are only interested in the concentric portion of the lift. My elbow flexibility is too shot to keep that form with wrist warps... lol. I barely catch it correctly... I still can't front squat with that grip. My lowback/ ham strings are too tight. haha.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.37%

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid

Epi+ stims? When was the last time you had your BP checked? Taking any support sups to help keep it down ?

Recoverbro
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

Epi+ stims? When was the last time you had your BP checked? Taking any support sups to help keep it down ?
    I've done Mdrol with stims my friend. My BP does very well on cycle. I rarely go above 130/70.
    Off cycle I am around 100/55.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%

been doing it for 4 weeks my bp hasnt gone over 130/75. I'm a beast, what can I say.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.59%

Any clean pr I make I slam down afterwards lol
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

been doing it for 4 weeks my bp hasnt gone over 130/75. I'm a beast, what can I say.
    hhahah, good stuff eh? love the fact that i don't worry about BP on cycle

Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Any clean pr I make I slam down afterwards lol
    That's the best way my friend. If only my gym had bumper plates..
    RecoverBro ELITE
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.59%

hhahah, good stuff eh? love the fact that i don't worry about BP on cycle

That's the best way my friend. If only my gym had bumper plates..
    I got pretty lucky with my current gym. One of the only local gyms that have bumper plates and condone the Oly lifts. It's going out of business sometime soon, so I'm considering just shelling out the money and building my own in my garage.
    Olympus Labs Rep
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

I got pretty lucky with my current gym. One of the only local gyms that have bumper plates and condone the Oly lifts. It's going out of business sometime soon, so I'm considering just shelling out the money and building my own in my garage.
    only the bb/cardio type gyms are making it now.... sad.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%

only the bb/cardio type gyms are making it now.... sad.
    my gym just made a bumper plate corner where we can do cleans and drop the weight. But the weights are larger than the standard weights we use on the barbells. is it normal for the bar to be higher off the ground when doing cleans?
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

my gym just made a bumper plate corner where we can do cleans and drop the weight. But the weights are larger than the standard weights we use on the barbells. is it normal for the bar to be higher off the ground when doing cleans?
    It's even bigger than the 45? my 20kg plate here in japan is made about 2inches or so longer in diameter. But as far as the 10kgs, and 5kgs they should all be the diameter so that the distance you have to pull the bar off the ground is the same regardless of weight (Provided there is weight on the bar)
    RecoverBro ELITE
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%

It's even bigger than the 45? my 20kg plate here in japan is made about 2inches or so longer in diameter. But as far as the 10kgs, and 5kgs they should all be the diameter so that the distance you have to pull the bar off the ground is the same regardless of weight (Provided there is weight on the bar)
    Yeah the 5, 10, 25, 45 etc are all the same size when comparing the bumper plate weights to eachother. But when you compare them to a normal weight that you put on a barbell, for like squats, they are larger than the standard 45 lb weight. Not sure exactly how much bigger tho maybe an few inches in diameter
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.59%

Yeah the 5, 10, 25, 45 etc are all the same size when comparing the bumper plate weights to eachother. But when you compare them to a normal weight that you put on a barbell, for like squats, they are larger than the standard 45 lb weight. Not sure exactly how much bigger tho maybe an few inches in diameter
    Just looked it up, a standard 45lb weight has a 17 3/4-in diameter and a standard Olympic bumper plate has a 17.72in(450mm) diameter
    Olympus Labs Rep
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

Just looked it up, a standard 45lb weight has a 17 3/4-in diameter and a standard Olympic bumper plate has a 17.72in(450mm) diameter
    Wow... so they are actually SMALLER? hmm...
    RecoverBro ELITE
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%

that is very off then! I noticed this because someone was doing deadlifts with them.. they grabbed a standard 45 lb plate from the other squat racks. You could tell that the standard 45 lb plate was smaller because it didnt meet the ground like the bumper plate did. I'll have to ask the ppl at the gym about this
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.59%

Wow... so they are actually SMALLER? hmm...
    that is very off then! I noticed this because someone was doing deadlifts with them.. they grabbed a standard 45 lb plate from the other squat racks. You could tell that the standard 45 lb plate was smaller because it didnt meet the ground like the bumper plate did. I'll have to ask the ppl at the gym about this
    Yup, they're slightly smaller. Now that I'm thinking about it, sometimes I would have a bar on the platform with just a bumper 45lb weight on each side, I'd go to put a 45lb iron weight on it too and have to really work to get it on the bar because it made contact with the platform. So it makes since that the bumpers are slightly smaller.

Hopefully that small paragraph is readable.
    Olympus Labs Rep
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.37%

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid

Thanks, I feel better knowing you are keeping an eye on it.Seen too many "omg help I haz teh gyno's threads" by idiots which apparently you are not on of them.

Recoverbro
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

Thanks, I feel better knowing you are keeping an eye onion! Seen too many "omg help I haz teh gyno's threads" by idiots which apparently you are not on of them.
    BigDavid knows what he is doing (I hope lol).
    Getting his bloods done post cycle too. Lucky bum.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%

Thanks, I feel better knowing you are keeping an eye on it.Seen too many "omg help I haz teh gyno's threads" by idiots which apparently you are not on of them.
    BigDavid knows what he is doing (I hope lol).
    Getting his bloods done post cycle too. Lucky bum.
    Shucks, guys . Actually I am getting "during bloods" next week that I paid for. Gona hit up the doc for some post cycle bloods when I get my physical in a few months :P. I've never got on cycle bloods before since I just do short methyl cycles, but I am curious to see how suppressed I am at my last week on cycle.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.88%

Shucks, guys . Actually I am getting "during bloods" next week that I paid for. Gona hit up the doc for some post cycle bloods when I get my physical in a few months :P. I've never got on cycle bloods before since I just do short methyl cycles, but I am curious to see how suppressed I am at my last week on cycle.
    AWESOME!!

BTW, yesterday I did some speed cleans like Jay suggested. My god it was good, got a nice stretch too. Another Q!!

I don't have enough shoulder mobility to do an over head squat (Or hip/low back "give" to get that low w/o lowering my torso) any tips? I know youtube got a ton, but just wondering what you all thought
    RecoverBro ELITE

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mattrag's workout log
    By mattrag in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 08:56 PM
  2. Mattrag cuts it up with S4
    By mattrag in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 03:24 AM
  3. Mattrag tries the golden feast!
    By mattrag in forum Supplement Logs