Tomhawk Is Eating His Cake And Having It Too (CBL)

Page 31 of 34 First ... 2930313233 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401
    Hmmmmm well your alive...
    Some times I wonder.

Trained legs Wednesday with Mike. First time in 3 weeks so it was going to be hell.

Lying leg curls 1st set of 8 reps I immediately feel something in my left hamstring. I pop up worried I strained something. Took a second to gather myself and started my set again. 4 sets of 8 reps last one having 20 partials because it still felt weird.

Squats working up to singles with 375, 405, and 435. It felt pretty good. Even 435 was a modest attempt considering most estimates are a little over 470.
    Leg press 3 sets of 25 reps constant tension. Ramp the weight up each set 450, 540, 630.
    Front squats 3 sets of 10 reps with 135. Awkward more than hard plus quads were still beyond pumped.

Smith machine romanians sets of 10 reps
    Hip thrusters on cable tower sets of 10 reps
    Isotension leg curls 3 sets of 30 seconds with a 30 pound DB. Not sure if that is the right name. Saw them in a John Meadows article and they looked fun. First sets was cake. The next 2 were pure hell haha.

My legs were so sore today. Hamstrings have never been hit so brutal. Surprised they didn't lock up on me that night. Luckily I got a massage today. Which helped but damn it hurt. Way more tender than usual. My usual massage therapist wont be there next time. But she said she just interviewed a girl who might start working there. If that's the case I will have an appointment with her. Doesn't hurt to know your options.

2. You could be me.... Another surgery to schedule due to "some abnormal cells from my endoscopy". I love these. So much damn fun... Although this will be my last one...
    RIP Ryan, :(
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401
    You could be me.... Another surgery to schedule due to "some abnormal cells from my endoscopy". I love these. So much damn fun... Although this will be my last one...
    Hey just called you. Went straight to voicemail. Hope to her back from you. I need my dose of road rage haha.

4. Hey bud, overall do you feel the cbl is working toward your goals? I would love to eat simple carbs at night...
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

Hey just called you. Went straight to voicemail. Hope to her back from you. I need my dose of road rage haha.
    I never got it... I'll call you tomorrow on my way to work...lol
    RIP Ryan, :(
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech
    Hey bud, overall do you feel the cbl is working toward your goals? I would love to eat simple carbs at night...
    Yes but it can be easy to mess up in certain ways. I think it is better suited for people who are already lean or just hold so much muscle mass they can handle the carbs. I don't feel I fit in there so it is more finding out what works for me. Plus I gain weight easily.

Even though I recently switched back to CBL(a month ago) from a keto(Carb Nite Solution) I was told I looked like I lost weight. In reality I am probably 10 pounds heavier from water and what not.

7. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    I never got it... I'll call you tomorrow on my way to work...lol
    I never got this call but my phone has been acting up lately. My touch screen went out so I cant use my phone at all because I cant even unlock it haha. So it is a nice paperweight now. Trying to find out when we got this to see if we are up for an upgrade(Verizon). Which is a reason I haven't been on here as much.

Workouts have been pretty good. Trying to take more rest days. Hamstring keeps acting up on leg days during lying leg curls. Last 2 workouts it felt like it popped a bit. Scared the piss out of me to be honest. Still did my workouts though. In fact this last leg workout I squatted 425 for 5 reps which estimates 495. They could have been better reps but not too bad.

I have been icing and heating my hamstring(left). Plan on doing back today. MIGHT do deadlifts not sure yet.

8. So I decided to do deadlifts. Nothing too crazy just 405 for 8 reps. Then 2 sets of 3 reps with 510 on trap bar deadlifts. All sets were done without a belt.
    Meadow Rows: felt like crap but toughed it out and got 3 sets of 10 reps.
    Low cable rows individual handles 4 sets of 12 reps not much weight but a good squeeze combined with short rests.
    Stretchers par usual 2 sets of 12 reps.
    Reverse seated lat pulldowns with wide neutral grip 3 sets of 10 reps.
    Snatch grip high pulls hanging 6 sets of 5 reps.
    DB shrugs 3 sets of 12 reps with 3 second flex at top.

9. Today decided to do arms. Usually start with biceps and then do triceps but today let triceps go first.

Rope triceps ext 5 sets of 10 reps 10 second rests
    Reverse curls ez curl bar 5 sets of 10 reps 10 second rests

Dip machine 4 sets of 9 reps
    Cross body 1 arm then other hammer curls 3 sets of 10 reps

Close grip bench 6 sets of 3 reps a bit explosive 225 superset with bb curls sets of 10. The curls were just a way to pump up and finish biceps without having to do too much extra.

10. Yesterday ended up doing back with Aaron. Typical 6 foot 170 pounds guy. Seems to want to grow but apparently unreliable. Showed up more than 30 minutes late. Worse considering he asked me to train with him and it was my rest day. Would have probably left but I had taken a preworkout AND coffee. It ended up being a good workout. Surprisingly didn't take too long.

Today was legs. Last time training legs with Mike before he goes back to college. Talked about training legs some times when he comes home to visit. Not a bad person to train with. Said he has noticed improvements in his legs this summer. I know training with him has forced me to focus my leg training more.

Seated leg curls: basically just to warm up. Quite a few sets of light weight.
    Lying leg curls: 100*12, 115*10, 130*8, 145*6 dropset 100*6 dropset 70*6 This didn't bother my hamstring nearly as much. Definitely did more to warm them up.

Squats: sets of 5 reps 275, 325, 375, and then 425 for 6 reps. Got the 5th rep and just had to go for more. 509 estimated which is the 1st time I have been over 500 with some legit depth. Didn't have anyone on the side watching but I could feel it. Then did some pause squats with 315.
    Leg press 10 sets of 10 reps with 5 plates a set you go I go.
    1 legged leg press 4 sets of 15 reps

DB stiff leg deadlifts sets of 12 reps 45,55,65,75
    Floor leg curls 2 sets of 12.
    Decline leg curl isotension holds 3 sets of 30 seconds with 30 pound DB

Calf press 4 sets of 10 reps with 3 plates a side
    Tibilias raise on lying leg curl machine sets of 15 reps

11. Nice work man. Squats are beast. I hate unreliably gym partners.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

12. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Nice work man. Squats are beast. I hate unreliably gym partners.
    Appreciate it. My squat has come a ways that is for sure. Been tweaking it a lot. Had started back at 365 and going wide. Now I brought it in more and flare my knees out more. Seems like it allows me to hit depth better. Need to get some video of it to be sure though. My legs are fried from yesterday. Iced them a bit and then used the hell out of a heating pad. Then laid in bed with my feet on my wall haha. Anything to try and avoid them locking up.

Speaking of soreness I have a chiropractic appointment. Which comes with a massage. Going to be a new massage therapist(Nadia). My current massage therapist(Jen), who does the interviews, seemed to be impressed with her or something. She said she wouldn't be offended if I started setting appointments with Nadia. Makes one curious to see this new massage therapist. Will know more in about an hour.

I figure it is better to find out now he is unreliable. Plus he was wanting to train a little later than I like. Still used to training solo anyway. My old training partner Mario might be back in town soon.

13. Nice work you aren't kidding man your squat is coming up nicely!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

14. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nice work you aren't kidding man your squat is coming up nicely!
    Thanks man appreciate it. A lot of work has gone into it. Every leg day has been about the same. Lying leg curls to warm them up, then 8 total sets of squats, leg press till pain is too much, hack squat machine to rock bottom, form of deadlift, extra hamstring work. Plus tweaking the form has helped. Started out wide stance but have narrowed it back in and started flaring my knees out way more. Seems to really help to hit depth.

15. So I haven't trained since Wednesday. Thinking of taking a few more days off. Training was getting to be a bit of a chore and body felt like it was rejecting more training. Granted I did just read Bret Contreras article about John Broz(Olympic lifting trainer who is dabbling in training powerlifting who implements training 13 times in a week) haha. Figure back off a bit. Might try squatting more often like Broz talks about doing.

Also another change is I plan on switching back to Carb Nite Solution to get rid of some fat. I can tell I need to. Powerlifting belt has been tighter lately and even my regular belt has less notches. Going to start using the nicotine gum again. Still have about 20 pieces(4mg each) left. Need to go pick up some caffeine pills some time or just use drink packets. Figure nicotine gum plus Carb Nite should burn fat off fast.

Not quite sure what I want to do as far as training though. Back to lifting completely solo so anything is wide open. Might reread Cube and do that. It would help to go back to my gym instead of the fitness center but wouldn't be impossible.

16. So my phone is still down and out for the count. Should be getting a new one some time soon since I had a warranty on it. So hopefully get a replacement soon. Although it is a little nice being free from a phone. Makes me think of Bill Burr's stand up about trying to leave your house without your wallet and cell phone.

Supposed to hang out and play some video games tonight. Should be fun to just relax. Some COD BO2 and UFC 3. Going to destroy in UFC 3. Should be nothing but brutal KOs haha.

Then tomorrow supposed to hang out with a girl from a dating website. Kind of iffy on the whole situation. Got a weird vibe. We had started talking about a month ago then stopped for no reason. Now we picked back up. So if I don't show up after tomorrow you know why haha.

17. You still alive Tom? Hope you are not in a root cellar somewhere rubbing lotion on yourself and putting it back in the bucket for Wild Bill!
    Current Training Log -

18. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    You still alive Tom? Hope you are not in a root cellar somewhere rubbing lotion on yourself and putting it back in the bucket for Wild Bill!
    Haha it is tonight that I go meet that girl. Should be interesting.

19. Boobie pics or it didnt happen.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

20. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Boobie pics or it didnt happen.
    Awesome! We are going to see pics of Toms nipples! I can't wait! Wait Wut?
    Current Training Log -

21. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Boobie pics or it didnt happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Awesome! We are going to see pics of Toms nipples! I can't wait! Wait Wut?
    Haha well I haven't heard from her so far today and we are supposed to hang out in less than 3 hours. Don't have my phone either so not exactly easy to keep in contact. Don't plan on just showing up if I don't hear from her.

By the way my chest could use some serious work haha.

Earlier I had 4 eggs, sliced ham, pepperoni, and cheese scrambled together. Damn that was tasty.

22. no good man! on either

23. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    no good man! on either
    Well got ahold of her. Might go over later. Kind of odd hanging out with a girl for the first time late at night. Way to not send those signals girl.

Plus my phone is working now.

24. GO GO GO!

and good, haha. phones important.

25. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin
    GO GO GO!

and good, haha. phones important.
    Honestly not sire how good of an idea it is. I feel like destroying stuff right now. Just in such a pissed off mood. Really facking annoyed. So much easier to get pissed off when not lifting.

It was kind of nice not having it.

26. Well I am still alive haha. It was definitely different. Doubt we will hang out again. Apparently I was the 5th guy to hang out with her from the dating website in a week. That's about how many girls I have met from dating websites. Just an awkward night of talking and suggesting she go to sleep so I can leave.

27. Lol that's funky. Whatever bro some stuff just isn't right haha.

28. So after a nice long break I went back Thursday to lift. Was chest and shoulders. Definitely didn't have the same power. Got 325 on flat bench with a pause but felt weak. Everything felt much harder.

Back the next day wasn't much better. Still used decent weight though. Wore out pretty quick. Ended up Doing a Carb Nite but didn't fill up like I should have. Think it is really effecting me this week.

Saturday and Sunday off with just some yard work. Nothing too crazy.

Monday was legs. Didn't really get to do lying leg curls like I usually do. Only warmed up and pumped them up a bit. Saw my old wrestling coach who I hadn't talked to in years. He was the one who got me big into deadlifts. At wrestling weights we compete to see who could do more. Would kill him on deadlifts and talk so much sh1t haha it would piss him off haha. Worked up to 405 on squats. Did 8 reps and felt like hell afterwards. Eyes were bulging and felt like I was dragged around. Decided to just do leg ext afterwards. Did 4 sets of 15 to pump them up a bit. Then finished with smith machine Romanian deadlifts. Was more than enough to make me feel like dog doo doo.

Planning on doing some upper body today. Mainly to help clear any glycogen out and just move a bit. Then tomorrow I will do a decent arm workout and have my Carb Nite.

29. Alright a few updates.

(Tuesday) My upper body day consisted of supersets. Chest with back and then shoulders with back. Wore me out pretty good. Nothing crazy weight wise but not bad. Felt like a conditioning day honestly.

(Wednesday) Arms was a typical Mountain Dog workout. Trying to find things to mix it up a bit. Might have to wait till I get access to the Mountain Dog Express site to really mix it up. Thinking about taking the plunge. Would be a whole lot of new ideas to try out. Not quite sure I want to just yet. If I want to try like that I want to do it all out. No slacking on equipment like at a fitness center.

Thursday) Rest day with a massage. Great massage as usual. Bad part is my next appointment is with the new massage therapist again. She wasn't bad but my usual one is just so damn good. Can really work my whole body in just one hour. The others seem to only be able to focus on my legs and back with an hour. Plus my legs and back still don't feel as refreshed. Didn't want to say anything since the new massage therapist was right there when she brought the idea up haha.

(Friday and Saturday) spent a total of 15 hours helping this girl and her family move. Tiring as hell to be honest. Was home furniture that is heavy and cumbersome. It was between 2 houses and a storage unit.

(Sunday) planning on lifting today. Might do legs depending on how I feel when I go. A bit sore overall from the past 2 days.

30. Sounds like you had a pretty taxing weekend!
    Current Training Log -
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. NutraPro - cake batter and cin bun
    By erokyrwrld in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
  2. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2