Tomhawk Is Eating His Cake And Having It Too (CBL)

Page 21 of 25 First ... 161920212223 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Squats are lookin tough.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Squats are lookin tough.
    Honestly that is the easy part of the workout haha.

So I skipped the quad stretches today... BIG mistake. Legs seized up on me big time. Had to drop down where I was and stretch haha. Wont make that mistake again. Definitely wasnt this bad last workout.

Some girl news. Back to talking to Autumn. Basically called her out on her disappearing act. Back to normal for now. Only still talking to 1 of the girls from the dating website. Was a little worried she had big boobs because she was big all around. By no means itty bitty but very nice from what I have seen. Not a made up barbie doll. See how things go.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.78%

Haha yeah stretching is important, I hate doing it after a long workout though.

An yeah maybe easy, but nice volume and weight on them still.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Haha yeah stretching is important, I hate doing it after a long workout though.

An yeah maybe easy, but nice volume and weight on them still.
    Last time I did Dogg Crapp extreme stretching for quads. It really helped last time. Pretty painful with legs full of blood but is supposed to help create that definition..

Thanks man appreciate it. Just trying to work my way back up slowly. Doing narrow stance squats now. Feels much better for me.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.78%

Nice. Definitely take your time and worry about puttin in good work and form not numbers. I try now to never get too caught up in the numbers.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Nice. Definitely take your time and worry about puttin in good work and form not numbers. I try now to never get too caught up in the numbers.
    Ya just trying to avoid stalling out too quick. Trying to build strength when I train not chase numbers. If I ever do a powerlifting meet then I will chase some numbers

Today was chest day. Mixed it up a little bit. Add a little and subtracted a little.

1 arm DB press 5 sets of 10 reps 3 sec neg 5 sec pos 15/20/25/30/35
    Flat DB twist press 3 sets of 10 reps with 60s Found this in a John Meadows article on TNation. Wow I have to say I really like it. Really feel the contraction at the top. Seemed to really warm my pecs up properly.
    Incline DB press ELECT 4 sets of 10 with 80s
    Decline bb press 3 sets of 8 with 245 just lower half portion 1 set of 4 pause press plus 3 negatives with 275
    Flat DB flyes with ext 2 sets of 6 with 45s
    Bent over BB rows with 25s 1 set of 15 reps with 195. Much easier than I had expected.
    Reversed lat pulldowns laying back on the leg pads using a wide neutral grip 2 sets of 15 reps with 100 pounds
    Scapular pulldowns 3 sets of 12 reps plus a 10 second hold using 150

I cant remember my chest being so pumped before. My right side usually bothers me but it felt nice and warmed up today. Plus it seems like it is getting stronger. Seems like this routine was a good idea. Wish I had taken a post workout pic but left phone in the car.

Also I think I am going to take decline bb out of my routine. Or I might try to modify it so it isn't such a harsh decline. Seems to bother my shoulder and joints overall. Felt great going into them and they still bothered me some. An option I have in mind is do a slight decline on the smith machine.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Decided ahead of time to do back today even though arms were next kinda. Went to get off my couch and some how tweaked my back. Nothing too bad but wasn't comfortable. Went to chiropractor and massage therapist. That did help but it didn't go away.

Still did my back workout though. Will post about that tomorrow since I am on my phone.

Been texting with Robyn more(girl from dating website). So ya it turns out she is a tease. Maybe a bit of an attention whore too. Sent a few pics they give an idea of how she looks.

On the plus side she got me to take a back pic. Wow didn't realize how wide I had gotten. Might post it up when I post my back workout. Even my massage therapist made a comment about my back.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

My back about lack of updates. Just haven't gotten around to posting them. For some reason I cant use the enter button on AM. Really pisses me off haha. BACK Meadows rows 3*8. DB dead stop rows 3*8 with 120s. Stretchers 2*12. Heavy partial pulldowns ehh didn't feel it. Chest supported row machine 3*10 with 130. DB shrugs 3*12 3 second hold and flex at top. Had a arm workout in between these 2 workouts. Not much to say other than high paced with a lot of sweating and pumps. CHEST AND SHOULDERS Flat DB twist press 3*10 with 60s. Hammer strength incline press dead stop 3*8 with 105 each side. Slight incline smith machine press 3*6 plus a drop set. Decline DB press 4*10. Flat BB press 3*5 with 275 chest was toast but now. Rear delt heavy DB swings 4*25 (45,50,55,60). Heavy DB lateral swings 4*25 with 55s superset with 1 arm band lateral raise. Rope face pulls 3*15. Behind the neck press 2*15 with 95 just messing around.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Figured I should break this up a little bit since I can space it. Today was legs... then added core haha. Lying leg curls 4*8 last set had 2 drops of 8 reps plus finished with 25 partials. Talk about hammering hamstrings. Squats wide stance sets of 5:225/275/315/345/365/325. Leg press work up to working set 3*10 with 6 plates so 8 total sets with 3 second descent and drive up weight. Hack squats 3*10 with 180 constant tension. After my 2nd set I realized I hadn't extreme stretched(DC style) my quads after either of my quad exercises. Last time this resulted in super bad soreness and my quads locking up on me later that night. So I decide to stretch them a bit. Lucky for me this black woman was jumping rope. She was wearing some TIGHT yoga pants with a tank top pulled over half her ass. That ass was just jumping up and down. Could not help but stare. I mean if she didn't notice me she had to be blind. Anyway back to my workout. Last set of hack squats had a drop set with 90 pounds but you drop it all the way to the bottom pause and then drive the weight up. Then it was Romanian deadlifts. Just did 3 sets of 10 with 135 couldn't do more because I was so stiff from my quads haha. Not going to lie I saw the big booty woman in the stretching/ab room so I decided to do core haha. 3 sets of 10 on the ab wheel. She commented on how it looked hard. Then 3 sets of wood choppers. Finished with 2 sets of land mines.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Took Tuesday off to rest and recover a bit. Debating if I want to rest on Wednesday too. Can't really remember the last time I took 2 days off in a row. Plus I have been lifting more days in a row lately since adding arm days. Speaking of arm days that is what I did Monday.

Reverse curls with EZ bar 5 sets of 10 reps with 10 second rest 55 pounds
    Rope push downs 5 sets of 10 reps with 10 second rest 70 pounds

Cross body hammer curls 3 sets 10 reps with 40s 1 side then the other
    Dips machine 4 sets of 8 reps 3 second negative drive weight down 180 pounds

Preacher curl machine 3 sets of 12 reps
    Incline jm press 4 sets of 8 reps with 165 pounds

Incline db spider curls 2 sets of 12 with 20 pounds
    Incline skull crushers with ez bar 4 sets of 15 reps with 65 pounds
    Standing 1 arm db concentration curls 2 sets of 10 reps with 45

Saw a guy I hadn't seen in a while. He said my arms looked much bigger. Granted it has been a good while since I saw him. Plus it was the tail end of my arm workout. Still always nice to hear people say you look like you have made progress.

The next workout will be back. I am thinking I will hold off till Thursday. My quads are still pretty sore from leg day. Want them to be good to go for deadlifts.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    My back about lack of updates. Just haven't gotten around to posting them. For some reason I cant use the enter button on AM. Really pisses me off haha. BACK Meadows rows 3*8. DB dead stop rows 3*8 with 120s. Stretchers 2*12. Heavy partial pulldowns ehh didn't feel it. Chest supported row machine 3*10 with 130. DB shrugs 3*12 3 second hold and flex at top. Had a arm workout in between these 2 workouts. Not much to say other than high paced with a lot of sweating and pumps. CHEST AND SHOULDERS Flat DB twist press 3*10 with 60s. Hammer strength incline press dead stop 3*8 with 105 each side. Slight incline smith machine press 3*6 plus a drop set. Decline DB press 4*10. Flat BB press 3*5 with 275 chest was toast but now. Rear delt heavy DB swings 4*25 (45,50,55,60). Heavy DB lateral swings 4*25 with 55s superset with 1 arm band lateral raise. Rope face pulls 3*15. Behind the neck press 2*15 with 95 just messing around.
    Yeah man my computwr wont let me use enter either
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Meh can't fall back asleep guess I will post my back workout haha.

Deadlifts worked up to a tripe with 535

Meadow rows 3*8 90 pounds
    Db dead stop rows 3*8 120 pounds was going to try something new but that was postponed.

Stretchers 2*12 100/110
    Reverse lat pulldowns leaning on leg pad with wide neutral grip 3*10 100 pounds

Chest supported rows 3*10 130/135/140
    Db shrugs 3 second flex at top 3*12 80 pounds

T bar row drop set 10 reps each mini set using 25s 6/5/4/3 so 40 total reps.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Did arms on Friday night and then got drunk. Wasn't too bad I guess but bad enough haha. No real hang over but recovery was impaired. Couldn't sleep during the night either. Today was another "rest" day but I spent a good 8 hours helping move furniture. They were more than generous though so it wasn't too bad. Tomorrow plan on lifting just not sure what yet. Might do M legs, T chest/shoulders, W back no deadlifts.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Monday leg day haha.

Lying leg curl 4 sets of 8 reps 125/125/125/125 last set had a double drop set plus 25 partials. Blew them up with blood. After waiting on squats I came back to keep them warm/full of blood.

Went to go squat... waiting ... waiting. Both squat racks were in use. One was a woman doing what I am guessing was GVT because she was there a while with 75 pounds. Then a personal trainer had a woman doing squats. Swear it was the first time I saw 1 of the PTs have a client do a full squat. She went up to 95 pounds. After completing squats the PT put the bar down on the ground behind the squat rack that is against the wall. She has her start deadlifts. At this point I am pissed. So I grab a bar put it in the rack and start my warm up. Not a word was said. I know it wasn't the most polite thing to do but that is not the place you do deadlifts when it is Monday at peak hours.

Haha back to my workout.

Squats 45*20, 135*10, 225*5, 275*5, 315*5, 345*5, 375*5, 325*5. 375 felt much better today. Squats are feeling great. Did wide stance today.
    Leg press 3 sets of 10 reps with 6 plates a side. 3 second negative plus drive weight up
    Hack squats 3 sets of 10 reps with 180 pounds constant tension
    Leg ext 3 sets of 25

Stretched quads after each exercise. Still can tell they will be sore tomorrow.

Stiff leg deadlift 2 warm up sets 2 sets of 10 reps with 245
    Not sure what to call these but assisted bodyweight leg curls on lat pulldown seat haha 3 sets till I couldn't anymore 10/9/8
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.78%

That would suck. I hate my gym, we have no floor space. At all. Good thing I am one of the bigger/angrier guys and people just let me have what I want. lol. Solid workout.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin
    That would suck. I hate my gym, we have no floor space. At all. Good thing I am one of the bigger/angrier guys and people just let me have what I want. lol. Solid workout.
    I swear the female PT saw me waiting. Sat at the squat rack talking to her client a minute while facing my direction. Then put the bar in front of the rack on the ground. Monday at 6pm is the busiest time.

Thanks I am paying for my workout now. Quads are locking up bad. Been icing them off and on. Plus put magnesium oil and a balm. The magnesium oil seemed to help relax them but they are hurting now.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Not going to post about my chest/shoulder workout last night but I did have 6 glazed donuts last night haha.

Today was back after a massage.

Meadow rows 3 sets of 8 reps with 90
    Pendlay rows on smith machine 3 sets of 10 reps with 195

Stretchers 2 sets of 12 reps with 100/110
    Reverse lat pulldowns in front with a wide neutral grips 3 sets of 10 with 120/130/130

Seated chest supported row machine 3 sets of 10 reps
    Db shrugs with 3 second flex at top 3 sets of 12 reps with 80s
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Just want to say I am still here. Just haven't been lifting. Decided to take a few days off to let my body recover a bit. Haven't had time off in quite a while. Last time I lifted was Friday which was just a bit of everything upper body. Get a decent pump going. Triceps felt real sore and tender a good reason for me to rest.

Went to a party that night. Was basically a married sausage fest. Every female their was either marriage, engaged, or in a long relationship with her bf there. Only 1 real exception to this and her ex was there. Talked to her only a little bit. Figured it was another good excuse to get drunk and just have fun.

It was going great. Getting drunk at a decent rate. Having fun and enjoying myself. Pretty happy go lucky I must say. The way you want a drunken night to go even with no prospects around. My friends Michael and Candace(married) who own the house keep warning me about over drinking. They have seen overly drunk Tom and know it isn't good. I was feeling fine so I didn't take their advice.

So I went from happy go lucky to emo drunk in 10 minutes. It was the end of the night and most people had left. Pretty much came out of nowhere for no reason. Just got up and walked outside to gather my thoughts. Candace came outside and talked with me. I have always wondered about our friendship. Just because I have been good friends with Michael so long. Just wondered if she was being nice because of that but she was definitely there for me which I value. When I came back inside everyone else had left. Really nice to know I have good friends like that.

Anyway legs day today. Should kill them again. Might be hard to walk again haha.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Leg day Wednesday still cant use enter(wtf?) lying leg curls 4 sets of 8 reps the last set was followed with 20 partial reps. The partials were much were than 2 drop sets of 8 and then partials haha. Squats 45*20, 135*10, 225*5, 275*5, 315*5, 345*5, 380*5, 315*5. Leg press add a plate a set for warm up working 3 sets of 10 reps 3 second descent then drive the weight up 6 plates a side. Could tell this was going to tear my quads up. Stretched after this but forgot to after squats. Romanian deadlifts 3 sets of 10 reps with 135. It isn't always about how much weight you use but how you use it. I can actually feel my hamstrings tonight. Then did basically bodyweight leg curls on the lat pulldown machine with the assistance of a broom stick. Did calves for the first time in a while 100 reps on seated calf raise with a 45.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Also talking about future plans. I just order Carb Nite Solution(fat loss is the goal) and Paleo something by Robb Wolf. So after I read CNS I will likely start that. I have a general idea of what to do but wont mind reading it first. It will be 10 days of ULTRA low carb and then a refeed day after that it will be 7 days then refeed days. The goal weight for this will be somewhere around 230-220. Kind of depends on how fast it comes off and how I look/feel. I have gotten used to having my carbs regularly haha. But damn I want to drop this weight. Way too much belly right now. Would be nice to have my Inzer belt get looser but not too loose haha. Doesn't exactly have a lot of room to grow/lose. Also I have some Prime by USP Labs I plan on using later. It will be for when I get back on CBL.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.78%

It isn't always about how much weight you use but how you use it.
    Exactly.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin

Exactly.
    With that all said it sucked trying to do incline bb my last workout(Thursday). Couldn't push any weight. Was a wtf moment for sure. Not exactly sure what was wrong. My triceps have been real sore even taking the last 2 days off. Feels like they haven't recovered. For a while I was putting a beat down on them. Tomorrow is supposed to be back. Trying out a sample from Athletix.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Sunday back

Deadlift worked up to 545 for 3 reps. Felt easy enough. Definitely need to get some real chalk. The liquid grip stuff isn't cutting it.

1 arm BB rows 3 sets of 10 reps
    Pendlay row on smith machine 3 sets of 10 reps

Stretchers 2 sets of 12 reps
    Reversed lat pulldowns 3 sets of 10 reps

Chest supported rows machine 3 sets of 10
    DB shrugs 3 second flex at top 3 sets of 12

Monday shoulders
    Seated bb press worked up to 225 for 3 ELECT
    1 arm db upright rows 3 sets of 10 reps had to experiment with the weight a bit. Found 30 to be a decent weight

Heavy DB lateral swings 3/4 sets of 25 reps with 65s superset with 1 arm band lateral raise full ROM to the top.
    Heavy bent over DB swings 3 sets of 25 with 65s
    Reverse pec deck 3 sets of 12 flex at top
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Figured I would post about today. Even added a bit about what I ate today.

12pm Large cup coffee 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream, 10g whey isolate
    12:30pm chicken breast wrapped bacon topped with slice of cheese
    1:30pm 2 bratwurst with broccoli
    5:30pm large cup coffee 1 and 1/3 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream 10 grams whey isolate
    8:20pm waxy maize starch, bcaa, creatine mono
    8:50pm whey iso, creatine mono, bcaa, whey, casein, dextrose
    9:30pm mashed potatoes, ground beef 90/10, corn, onion
    11pm cocoa pebbles with fat free milk and whey iso, strawberry sorbet, mango sorbet, coconut caramel flan ice cream
    1am 4 whole eggs with cheese, 1 bratwurst, 1 dill pickle

So ya I ate a little bit today haha. Normally wouldn't have had the 1 am meal but was a bit hungry and finished my last meal a little too early.

Legs
    Lying leg curls reps of 12,10,8,8 then 25 partials
    Squats sets of 5 reps working up to 385
    Leg press 4 sets of 10 reps with 6 plates a side 3 second descend drive up hard with heals
    Sumo deadlift sets of 5 reps working up to 455. On 455 I got 3 reps but had to drop it at the top because I almost fell backwards. Refocused and then did 4 more reps
    Stiff leg deadlifts 2 sets of 10 reps with 225

I could feel my legs cramping up earlier. Seemed to have passed now. Hopefully I can sleep well and recover from the beating I gave them.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Thursday did shoulders and arms with an old friend. Not exactly the workout I would normally do. Wasn't too bad though. Might hit legs with him on Monday.

Today did back by myself. Went a little crazy with the volume.

Meadow rows 3 sets of 10 reps
    1 arm db rows dead stop 3 sets of 8 reps

Chin ups 3 sets of 5 reps. Surprised I could do these at all weighing 250. Then did a dead hang hold after my final set.
    Stretchers 2 sets of 12 reps
    Reverse lat pulldowns wide neutral grip 3 sets of 10 reps

Trap bar deadlift with shrugs. What I would do is a deadlift then 3 shrugs and that was 1 rep. Honestly I didn't count reps just went till I was done. Did that with 360. Even decided to add bands to make it harder.

Hip thrusters 2 sets of 20 with 135. Just getting the feel of them. Need to get something more padded though.

Here is a post workout pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.51%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Without having to look through 800+ posts... how's progress with cbl? How long doing it? I'm about a month in.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Quote Originally Posted by broken bottle
    Without having to look through 800+ posts... how's progress with cbl? How long doing it? I'm about a month in.
    Haha sorry for such a long log. Didn't realize I just had my 1 year anniversary for this log.

I would say my experience could have been better. It was more to do with me not being ready for it. While it still works with higher body fat % it is ideal to have it in the 15% from the start. Which is why I am switching to Carb Nite Solution and then coming back to CBL. I have been doing CBL off and on with success. It is great for adding strength and muscle. While I have been able to drop body fat it hasn't fallen off.

What do you think of it so far?
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.51%

Haha sorry for such a long log. Didn't realize I just had my 1 year anniversary for this log.

I would say my experience could have been better. It was more to do with me not being ready for it. While it still works with higher body fat % it is ideal to have it in the 15% from the start. Which is why I am switching to Carb Nite Solution and then coming back to CBL. I have been doing CBL off and on with success. It is great for adding strength and muscle. While I have been able to drop body fat it hasn't fallen off.

What do you think of it so far?
    You said exactly what I was thinking. I have cbl book but not CNS. Is CNS cbl but one night only and lots bigger? I'm struggling to find my calorie and carb g. sweet spot. Strength gains are good which in the end matter most to me.
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

You said exactly what I was thinking. I have cbl book but not CNS. Is CNS cbl but one night only and lots bigger? I'm struggling to find my calorie and carb g. sweet spot. Strength gains are good which in the end matter most to me.
    Ya the more muscle and leaner you are the better CBL will work for you.

It is a little more than that. For $20 I would say it is worth picking up if you are considering CNS at any point. It has some extra details but that is the gist of it.

What are you doing now for calories and carbs? Personally I haven't been counting mine. I do a rough estimate for protein and fat for 1st half of my day and ultra low carb days. But when I start my back load the only thing I really concern myself is protein and getting the food in within a certain amount of time.
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.51%

1:1 f p and about 3300 cal. Ulc days

.5f:.5p/ bw before lifting and 350-450 g. Carbs and rest of my protein pwo 3500-4500 calories

Bw fluctuating 232-236. 236 today
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

1:1 f p and about 3300 cal. Ulc days

.5f:.5p/ bw before lifting and 350-450 g. Carbs and rest of my protein pwo 3500-4500 calories

Bw fluctuating 232-236. 236 today
    Maybe a little less on the ulc days.
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.51%

Maybe a little less on the ulc days.
    I'll try it. Frustrated from weight gain when past two days have been back load days and I should be down in weight
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.51%

I really appreciate the cut down calories advice. Things are a lot better now.
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

I really appreciate the cut down calories advice. Things are a lot better now.
    Not a problem. Just remember this isn't a cutting diet where you restrict calories. The days I cut macros some is your ultra low carb days. I would lower fat some. Take it down slowly and adjust from there.

By the way how long are you having carbs after your workouts?

Alright a little bit about my workouts. Monday I did a real short chest workout. Need to find a way to get it stronger. Seems like strength on chest took a nose dive even before I switched diet. Tuesday I did back. Tried to make it a shorter workout but just love training back too much. Today will be shoulders.

I haven't gotten around to taking pictures yet. I think I really need to. Doubt I will post them anyway but still good to have a reference point. Wont have carbs again till Tuesday or Monday. Supposed to give blood Monday. Pretty sure they will want me to eat/drink something after giving blood haha.
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.51%

Not a problem. Just remember this isn't a cutting diet where you restrict calories. The days I cut macros some is your ultra low carb days. I would lower fat some. Take it down slowly and adjust from there.

By the way how long are you having carbs after your workouts?
    Yea I get that. I was eating too many calories tho.
    About 3 hours starting an hour pwo.
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Shoulders today. Ended up doing more than I planned.

Seated bb press elect went up to 235. Might still be too heavy for my weak pressing self. Seriously wondering how my pressing strength disappeared like it did.
    Cable upright rows psr
    Heavy db swings 3 sets of 25 superset with 1 arm side lateral raise with a band
    Bent over rear delt raise 3 sets of 8

Ended up doing some sets of deadlifts with 315. Some what speed pulls. Spent a decent bit of time trying to help someone with their form. Even did some snatch grip deadlifts with 225.
    Then did some power cleans, push press, and hang cleans.

Finished with some cage press with the smith machine.
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Going to do arms today. Nothing too crazy. Elbows have been bothering me real bad lately. Trying to pin point the problem. I think the heavy db swings for shoulders is contributing to the problem. More of a problem of form than anything. The way I have been performing them has been putting extra stress on my elbows.

As far as diet goes I am ready for my Carb Nite. Not exactly dragging but less than ideal. Having a hard time sleeping as of late also. Having the carbless blues lately too haha. Plus I have more than 99 problems and a girl is one.

Was selected to log PeakBeta+ by Molecular Nutrition. It is a strength endurance preworkout. Combination of COP, LCLT, and L-norvaline which should help when I start dragging towards the end of my workouts that are further away from my Carb Nite.

Another point about my diet is I plan on doing Carb Nite every 5-6 days. The standard practice is every 7 days. I feel like that will hinder my lifting. I like to assume my workouts are enough to deplete glycogen stores in a reasonable amount of time.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Tried 1 serving of PeakBeta+ for my arm workout. The only other thing I had was coffee plus coconut oil.

It was my typical arm workout for the most part. But much more down time between sets. Talk to some people I hadn't seen in a while. Both do a form of crossfit. One was complaining about the quality of his box's programming.

Anyway some take aways from my lifting. Seemed to pump up quicker on biceps. Had a little extra gas left at the end. Usually do terrible with machine preacher curls. Threw in some light close grip bench. Tried bb curls with a band around the ends which still aggravated my left wrist. An overhead tricep machine was also painful.

Still a solid workout with a worthy pump. In fact I was surprised by the pump. Was a workout full of extended rest periods. Plus I haven't had carbs in over a week. Not what I expected so nice surprise with PeakBeta+. Plan on doing a double dose for legs tomorrow. Also supposed to give blood. Going to try and make that post workout so I can have carbs when I will need them.

Autumn has disappeared again. Thinking I need to cut ties. Hitting me harder than I expected. Another out of nowhere drop off the radar.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

A link to my PeakBeta+ log Tomahawk PeakBeta+ Log (sponsored)
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

So last nights Carb Nite didn't go as planned. Slow cooked pot roast for 8 hours. Ended up not lifting which is less than ideal but oh well. Can't change certain things. Still killed some carbs though. Had pot roast and jasmine rice twice. Ate a total of 4 donuts 2 glazed, 1 raspberry filled, and 1 chocolate covered. Had a decent amount of a Lindt caramel chocolate bar. Had a little chocolate caramel ice cream(redundant flavor). Ate a small bowl of cocoa pebbles and had a total of 32oz of fat free milk. This was over a course of 5 hours or so which is short. Had a pretty empty feeling in my stomach the whole time which was odd after all I ate. I know I am drinking the koolaid and all but even I didn't expect the almost euphoric feel I got while eating carbs. Hopefully next time works out better and a little better organized.

Similar Forum Threads

1. NutraPro - cake batter and cin bun
    By erokyrwrld in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 04:47 PM
  2. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 03:08 PM
  3. Cup Cake Batter protein.
    By Liftergym33 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10