CG Incline
    205x4x2
    205x5
    13 reps

HS Rows/Facepulls
    160x12/15
    160x12/15
    160x12

I've been doing a lot of reading regarding bench grip width and, coincidentally, Wendler wrote a bench article that touched upon pros/cons of width. I have long arms for my frame (~5'10" with a 6'2" reach), so I naturally assumed a wider grip and a shorter ROM would be in my best interest. However, according to Wendler, this is not ideal for someone who struggles at the bottom, which I do. I moved my grip from the legal maximum to having my ring finger on the rings. I felt tighter and more stable even with a bad handoff and I hit a solid PR. My triceps were fried afterwards and I was weaker on incline, but not a big deal.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. My raw grip is thumbs away from the smooth.
    •   

3. Nice, Rodja. I am using ring fingers on the rings as well. Train with pinky on the ring, though, but that's ok (because I do either lots of DB work or other stuff that should make me strong from the chest).
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

4. 12/5
    Transmutation Week 1, Day 2

Sumo 505x2
    525x4 PR
    6 reps

Cambered Low Box Squats (2" below parallel)
    365x4x2
    8 reps

Ab Wheel
    30 reps

Hit a huge DL PR today. The plan was to hit a double on 525, but I hit a nice groove on my last set and went for it. I had another one in the tank, but I never go to failure on deads. I was exhausted afterwards, though, and it did lower a bit of my strength for the rest of the session.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    12/5
    Transmutation Week 1, Day 2

Sumo 505x2
    525x4 PR
    6 reps

Cambered Low Box Squats (2" below parallel)
    365x4x2
    8 reps

Ab Wheel
    30 reps

Hit a huge DL PR today. The plan was to hit a double on 525, but I hit a nice groove on my last set and went for it. I had another one in the tank, but I never go to failure on deads. I was exhausted afterwards, though, and it did lower a bit of my strength for the rest of the session.
    Congrats on the PR, that's quality
    not going to failure on deads is always a smart move man, I commend you
    •   

6. 12/7

Transmutation Week 1, Day 3

Bench (shirted)
    405x2 2-board
    425x2 2-board
    425x1 1-board
    5 reps

OHP
    145x6x4
    24 reps

Pullups
    BWx5
    BW+20x5x4
    BW+40x4-drop-BWx5

Pressdowns
    90x15
    110x10
    110x10

First time in a shirt in awhile and it felt a bit odd. I know I'm about 8-10lbs heavier right now and that changes the game, but everything felt so much easier than I remember. I was able to stay much tighter than previously, which I attribute to bringing in the grip, and it had great carryover. The weight were kept at a manageable percentage as both my weight, which changes the tightness of the gear and the groove, and my grip has changed since my last shirted effort.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

7. Do you have a meet coming up anytime soon? I'm looking into a few APA meets in the future.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Do you have a meet coming up anytime soon? I'm looking into a few APA meets in the future.
    April
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. 12/9

Transmutation Week 1, Day 4

SSB (straps down)
    435x2
    460x1x2
    460x2
    6 reps

Rack Pulls
    425x5
    475x5
    515x4
    14 reps

DB Shrugs/Standing Cable Crunches
    100x15/100x15
    100x15/100x15
    100x15/100x15

DB Side Bends
    60x15x2

Day was thrown off from the beginning. I didn't feel bad, but I mistimed the session and lost focus.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

10. 12/11

Transmutation Week 2, Day 1

Close Grip (2-board)
    275x7
    315x6 PR

Unilateral HS Rows
    145x10
    170x10x3

Rope Pressdowns/Facepulls
    70x12x3/90x10x3

The plan was to hit CG incline, but I couldn't find my groove on it and decided to switch. I was a bit hesitant to do full CG since the strain a few weeks back, so I threw made it a 2-board press. Also, my more narrow grip on bench requires more triceps strength and it's just all around easier on the shoulders.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

11. Inn!

12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    12/11

Transmutation Week 2, Day 1

Close Grip (2-board)
    275x7
    315x6 PR

Unilateral HS Rows
    145x10
    170x10x3

Rope Pressdowns/Facepulls
    70x12x3/90x10x3

The plan was to hit CG incline, but I couldn't find my groove on it and decided to switch. I was a bit hesitant to do full CG since the strain a few weeks back, so I threw made it a 2-board press. Also, my more narrow grip on bench requires more triceps strength and it's just all around easier on the shoulders.
    Funny man I actually went in today and hit some close neutral grip incline bench with a Swiss Bar. I too strained my Pec a few months ago and this was the first time I pressed since.

Honestly rodja if you have access to the Swiss bar I'd use it, it's the most comfortable my shoulder and pec tie in seem to really agree with it

13. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Funny man I actually went in today and hit some close neutral grip incline bench with a Swiss Bar. I too strained my Pec a few months ago and this was the first time I pressed since.

Honestly rodja if you have access to the Swiss bar I'd use it, it's the most comfortable my shoulder and pec tie in seem to really agree with it
    I don't have access to a Swiss bar, unfortunately.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

14. 12/12

Transmutation Week 2, Day 2

Sumo (+80# chains)
    465x2
    505x2
    525x1 (barely locked it out; grip was failing)

Low Box Squat (doubled green bands)
    315x2x7

Standing Cable Crunches
    100x15
    120x15x3

DB Side Bends
    50x15x2

First time I've done ME with chains, so everything I did on them was a PR. I was hoping to get a bit more and I could if I strapped, but I am in the middle of an overreaching phase and need to be a tad cautious with my recklessness right now. I'll be shirting up tomorrow along with breifs and suit bottoms on Sunday before hitting a deload and testing myself.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

15. 12/14

Transmutation Week 2, Day 3

Bench
    405x2 (2-board)
    425x1 (2-board)
    455x2 (3-board)
    5 reps

Neutral Pullups
    BW+20x6
    BW+40x5 PR
    BW+40x4-drop-BWx6
    21 reps

Kroc Rows
    145x15

Tate Press/Seated DB Cleans
    40x12x4/20x8x4

Pressdowns
    100x15-drop-70x15

As I expected, my speed was terrible today, but that was the goal for the day. I knew that the tailend of this week was going to blow and today definitely met that criteria. Strength and stability wasn't bad, but my triceps didn't have that burst that they had last week and during all of my raw training. Squat day on Sunday is going to be rough, but I will put forth my best effort and hope for the best.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

16. Time to bloat and stim up big man.

17. Obviously not trying to get you to settle for less, as it were, but supposedly with block it's ok if some of the lifts suck ass and if you tank some things during it. So still, shoot for a good number, but remember what you're after: the platform numbers
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

18. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Obviously not trying to get you to settle for less, as it were, but supposedly with block it's ok if some of the lifts suck ass and if you tank some things during it. So still, shoot for a good number, but remember what you're after: the platform numbers
    Oh, I know. I'm intentionally overreaching right now and I fully expected for this week to end badly.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

19. 12/16

Transmutation Week 2, Day 4

SSB Low Box Squat (+80# chain)
    420x2
    460x1x3
    5 reps

SLDL
    145x10x4

Rollouts
    BWx10x4

Session was absolutely awful. No burst off of the box and technique was not very good. However, this is exactly what I wanted as it means that I have successfully overreached to now deload and then hit some new PRs.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

20. 12/18

Deload Day 1

CG Incline
    135x8x5

Neutral Pullups
    BWx5x5

Flat DB Press
    60x10x4

Pressdows/Pullaparts (mini)
    70x15x3/15x3

Simple deload RE session. Resisted temptation to actually push some weights around in order to channel everything into next week. One thing I did notice is that my mid traps and rear delts have a very high number of adhesions and tightness compared to usual and I need to spend the whole week addressing this in order to prevent it from becoming an issue down the road.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

21. 12/19

Deficit Deads (4")
    405x2x5

Elevated Dead (4")
    455x3x2
    495x3x2
    495x5

SLDL
    315x10x3

Standing Cable Crunches
    100x15
    120x15x3

Well, I know this whole week was designated as a deload, but I felt fantastic all day and the weights were moving very fast. I didn't go all-out to not hammer my CNS, but I applied some submaximal techniques and focused on some solid rep work and hammered nearly every portion of the deadlift, which has been stagnant for awhile. I haven't done deficits in ages and finally got some platforms to elevate myself and made sure to hold my arch and flare throughout. I am hurting today and I had to use straps on the last set of elevated pulls after I ripped off a callous.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

22. 12/21

CG Floor Press
    235x5x3

OHP
    145x7
    165x4
    135x8

Meadow's Row
    115x12x3

Rope Pressdown
    60x12x4

Decent enough session. Decided to throw in the Meadow's to switch things up and my lumbar is still tight and sore from Wednesday.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

23. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    12/21

CG Floor Press
    235x5x3

OHP
    145x7
    165x4
    135x8

Meadow's Row
    115x12x3

Rope Pressdown
    60x12x4

Decent enough session. Decided to throw in the Meadow's to switch things up and my lumbar is still tight and sore from Wednesday.
    Meadow Rows are pretty freakin awesome?

For CG floor press, do you use your elbows as a "stop" as in, when they touch the ground you begin to press?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

24. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Meadow Rows are pretty freakin awesome?

For CG floor press, do you use your elbows as a "stop" as in, when they touch the ground you begin to press?
    I do them similarly to a box squat where I stop on the floor and then press. I've been trying to work on my raw upper-body speed with floor presses. My speed sucks and my grip takes the bar to ~1/2 board. I switched grip on my benching to my ring finger on the ring to take stress off of my pecs and to take advantage of my triceps strength.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

25. One, I love meadows rows.
    Two, do your hips ever get beat up from squatting and pulling wide and sitting back in the squat?

I've been working in a Lab where I spend a lot of my time seated and I have found my groin has gotten incredibly tight. I notice it especially when I sit back as much as possible

Edit: a personal trainer and powerlifter friend of mine thinks it could be my labrum
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hanging weights during pull-ups/dips...
    By soseg in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 05:20 PM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 06:42 PM
  3. How effective are hanging crunches?
    By Fergs103 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 06:28 PM
  4. weight just hanging around
    By frezel in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 47