1. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    10/10 DE Lower

Box Squats (suit only, straps down)
    365x2x12

GM
    135x15x5

Standing Cable Crunches
    120x15x4

Quick DE session that went better than I expected. Calf is feeling much better and I didn't feel any aftereffects of Sunday's training. Kinda lost the technique for box squats and the suit makes it really, really difficult to go below parallel with that amount of weight, but it's great technique re-enforcement since you have to really keep tight and push out on the knees to hit the box.
    Why cable and not band crunches? You ever use the elite fts onyx bands?

2. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Why cable and not band crunches? You ever use the elite fts onyx bands?
    I like the constant eccentric contraction with the cable compared to the band where it gets easier. I'm not buying anything from EFS anymore as there quality has declined recently.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

I like the constant eccentric contraction with the cable compared to the band where it gets easier. I'm not buying anything from EFS anymore as there quality has declined recently.
    quality of what products? My gym has a brand new 3x3 power rack and brand new 45 degree hyper. They are phenomenal pieces of equipment

Also I just can't get the same feel from cable crunches. That are i'm sure the bands provide more (peak) resistance

4. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    quality of what products? My gym has a brand new 3x3 power rack and brand new 45 degree hyper. They are phenomenal pieces of equipment
    Their bands, wraps, and shirts.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. 10/12 ME Upper

Bench
    405x1 (touch)
    425x1 (1-board)

DB Shrugs/WYI
    90x15/15x7
    90x15/15x7
    90x15/15x7
    90x15/15x7

Another productive bench session for me. Struggled to get my legs under me for awhile and it really lowered my bar speed off on the bottom. Been jacking the shirt tighter up on the arms and the velcro and it's been giving me a lot more pop at the chest, but it takes a bit longer to get it there.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. Im with rodja, back a lil over a year ago I got a couple shirts from them that fit and felt amazing. So I bought some more, all of them were made of cheaper material and shrank so I couldnt wear them, yet the old ones still fit great. Same size. None of my bands are the same length, the wraps seem good to me, but I got mine forever ago.

7. They must be getting their clothes made by a European shirt maker. Those XLs feel more like "fit" larges.Anyways, looks like some good work getting done in here, Rodja. Like the improvements youve made on your bench (I think I already commented on the 600+ squat and pull).
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

8. 10/14 ME Lower

Squat (fully gear and wrapped)
    545x1
    585x1
    635x1
    655x1
    690x1 PR
    690x1 (reverse band)

I can confidently say that I hit 100% today as I was fuzzy and disoriented for several minutes after the last two singles. I attempted to do some snatch-grip deads as an assistance, but had nothing left in the tank. I'm still a little lethargic today and my lumbar is in some discomfort, but it felt damn good to break 7 plates and then some.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. Strong work rodja. What total do you have in mind for your meet?

10. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Strong work rodja. What total do you have in mind for your meet?
    Low side, 1600. High side, 1670ish.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

11. Good work man that's one hell of a squat

12. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Good work man that's one hell of a squat
    I'd like to break 700 in early November. This coming week will be rack pulls and the week after that will be GMs or SSB.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

13. rack pulls on a LOWER day?
    I thought the point of rack pulls were to eliminate quad drive from the floor, so all you have is hip and back involvement?

14. Pulls are done on ME Lower, its just the westside way.

15. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321
    Pulls are done on ME Lower, its just the westside way.
    I actually was watching video of Dave Tate do sumo pulls and he gets so low and can still stay so upright that his sumo looks like all quad drive, (he basically just stands up) I believe he said something about it being just like a leg press. My problem is i'm not that flexible and still have a ton of low back involvement

16. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    I actually was watching video of Dave Tate do sumo pulls and he gets so low and can still stay so upright that his sumo looks like all quad drive, (he basically just stands up) I believe he said something about it being just like a leg press. My problem is i'm not that flexible and still have a ton of low back involvement
    I was finally able to break 600 by using the leg press visualization. The setup on sumo is everything.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

17. I finally got 450 w/ 100lbs chain using the leg press tip also.

18. 10/16 RE Upper

Incline DB Press
    80x12
    90x9
    90x8

OHP
    145x7
    145x6
    145x4

HS Uni Row (neutral grip)
    225x12x2

Cable Rows
    180x12x2

Tate Press/WY
    30x15/15x7
    30x15/15x7
    30x15/15x7

Ex Rotation
    15x15x3

Nothing too special about this day. Strength wasn't quite there on anything, but still made the best of it. Lowered the weight for cable rows to really focus on stretch and contraction as my lats have been getting a bit too tight for my liking. Nothing felt extra heavy in hands today, but just didn't have the muscular endurance that I usually do. I have been somewhat slacking on my nutrition, though, so this is probably aftermath from that.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

19. 10/17 DE Lower

The weights were rolling around and uneven on the 3rd set, which went to hell.

Walking DB Lunges
    55x12x4

Standing Cable Crunches
    100x15x5
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

20. Lol, the picture still for the video kind of looks like you suffered a complete rectal prolapse.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

21. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Lol, the picture still for the video kind of looks like you suffered a complete rectal prolapse.
    That's how I felt last time I maxed on pulls.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

22. How much chain weight is that?
    Also,why did you move the chains to the center? were the plates hitting them?

23. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    How much chain weight is that?
    Also,why did you move the chains to the center? were the plates hitting them?
    100#

I did it to get a different feel while pulling. Having them on the end makes it lighter with a DL because of the flex and keeping them in the center (somewhat) changes the movement pattern.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

24. Are you wearing shorts over your suit? Looks good and fast man. I wish I could put my feet out that wide, being raw sucks.

25. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Are you wearing shorts over your suit? Looks good and fast man. I wish I could put my feet out that wide, being raw sucks.
    Yeah, needed a pocket for my iPod. I keep a faster pace with music.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hanging weights during pull-ups/dips...
    By soseg in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 05:20 PM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 06:42 PM
  3. How effective are hanging crunches?
    By Fergs103 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 06:28 PM
  4. weight just hanging around
    By frezel in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 47