JudoJosh is "Moving North of Vag" with USPlabs at his back

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been awhile since I did a good log. I am in school again so I will not be posting everyday and it won't be as detailed as my usual logs being this isnt sponsered it is just my personal journey.

As you can see from the title I will be doing Jim Wendlers 531 workout. I am already halfway thorough one phase. Next week I do 531 lifts then its deload and I start over.

As far as supplements I will be taking USPlabs asteroid stack with OEP added to the mix. I have dabbled with prime before but wasn't too consistent so I had about a bottle and a half left. Naturally I will be also taking anabolic pump and powerfull and I just picked up some jack3d to add to the mix. I have taken jack3d before and wasn't really impressed so looking forward to see if this "synergy" I hear about it true and I get blown away by everything stacked together. I also will be taking some yellow gold for my lower carb meals. Basically AP will be used pre and post workout and yellowgold with breakfeast and off days as off days. Then there is my staples like whey, fish oil, flax oil and zinc before sleep.

I am already on day 3 into the stack and will post up some quick notes on the past 2 days to give everyone an idea of how I will be eating and lifting.

As always any constructive criticism or comments are always welcome. Let me just add real quick before someone ask..I don't like to eat alot of carbs and I perfer to get my carbs from fruits and veggies. I know AP works best with extra carb intake which is why I am making an exception to eat things like WMS, rice, potatoes, oats, etc.. but only around my workout. The rest of the day it is usually fruit in the AM and veggies in the PM with lean protein and healthy fat throughout.

Accoirding to the book with my prime my calories should be at 1500 for a cut and 2200 for a recomp. As for macros I was planning on going with mulletsoldiers recomendation of P-45%, C-20%, and F-35%. I work 3 days a week and am off four and of them four I lift 3 days with maybe 1 day of GPP training.

I have started a new diet recently based on paleo principles. Basically it is no millk, grains, or beans. I am making an exception for whey though and for workout days I will eat a potatoes, basmati rice, or oatmeal. The rest of the day my carbs will come from only fruits and green veggies. I have started this diet not for weight loss but really just for a healthier body. I read the paleo diet book and decided to give it a try. I have asthma, excema outbreaks, acid refulx, heartburn, and headaches regulary. I am hoping this diet will help alleviate some of these problems.

For Prime I will be utilizing the 69 protocol as suggested to me by some USPlabs reps..

For Powerfull 3 caps pre workout and 2 caps pre bed and off days just 2 caps before bed. Will be taken 6 days a week with one day off.

For OEP 1 in morning with AP and 1 pre workout.

For the Anabolic Pump I am going by mulletsoldiers write up. I would classify myself as Type I Carb Reactive. For this reason, during my first seven days of AP I will take the AP 30-45 min prior to my carb meals and the meals will contain 20-40g of carbs. After the 7 days depending on how I respond this can change 15-20min earlier and my carbs meals may go up as much as 60g carbs.

here was my eating and supplement timing for day 1 of the stack

9/20
woke up at 7am
7:20am - 1 cap YG, 2 caps Prime, 1 cap OEP
8:00am - 4 eggs with some red pepper and fresh baby spinach and a small orange
10am-1230pm - class
12:35pm - 1 cap AP
1:20pm - 3 scoop whey, half bannana, 1/3 cup dry oatmeal along with 2 cap fish oil and 2 cap prime
2:50pm - 2 scoop Jack3d, 3 cap powerfull, 1 cap oep
3:20 Workout
4:05pm - When I had about 4 sets left I took 1 cap AP
4:20 - Immeadiately after last set had a shake. Same mix as my pre workout shake except no fish oil
6:10 - 4.5oz grilled chicken breast, 8 aspargus spears with about 2 tbsp EVOO oil drizzled over top. 2 cap Prime
Later tonight before bed will have some celery stalks with a tbsp of peanut butter and 2 caps of powerfull and 50mg of zinc

Total Calories came to 2049
Fat - 72.8g - 32%
Saturated fat - 18g
Carbs - 130.1g - 25%
Fiber - 31.1g
Protein - 222.8g - 43%

Calories and macro percents came pretty close to what was recomended for this stack from what I read.

Now onto the fun!!!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW

Tomorow is my last day of Prime and powerfull I still have some OEP for a few more days and then Im done. Overall I think it went well. I was recently asked on the effectiveness of prime in regards to strength gains. While I didn't really notice any real big gains in strength I did however steadily loose weight and was eating a calorie deficit diet and didn't loose any strength at all. I think this says something about the stack. What I really noticed and enjoyed was the feeling of OEP, jack3d and powerfull together pre workout. As I said before Iwasnt too impressed with jack3d the first time I took it but when taken together the mental clarity, energy, drive, and focus are through the roof. I really like the combo pre workout. Anabolic pump pretty much speaks for itself. I can't really comment on the effectiveness as a nutrient partionear but I did feel my muscles fuller and I rarely ever felt bloated after my carb meals. Where I think AP really shines is during the fasted training protocol.

All and all it was fun... thanks for everyone who stuck around with me though it. New log should be up in a couple days.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
workout for 9/20 was my bench day so it was

Bench - 3x3
DB incline bench - 5x10
face pulls - 5x10
tricep extension 5x10

Now I lift at home so I am limited on equipment but I like to think I have pretty much everything I need. What I don't have is any pulley type appratus so for the face pulls I had some thick rope I had made for my sled, I took that and looped it through the top of my power cage, braced a bar on the safetys, and used my bodyweigh and gravity as resistence and tried to replicate a facepull as much as possible. Wasn't exactly one but I think it was close enough to get the job done. I will try and upload a video to youtube so you guys can see what I am talking about.

9/21
I worked, and if you have followed any of my logs before I work 12 hour days in an emergency room. So there was no lifting. Food for yestarday was as follows (sorry I don't exactly remember the time of everything)

breakfeast - 3 eggs, 1 egg white, some baby spinach, mushrooms and a small orange on the side
Snack - 2 scoop whey, 1tbsp coconut oil, and about half cup pineapple (mmmm this is delicious BTW)
Lunch - about 2 cups spinach, some dried cranberries, cucumber, a small apple, 4.5oz chicken breast, 2 tbsp almond butter and 2 tbsp canola oil
Dinner - 4oz chicken breast, some aspargus with evo oil, and sliced carrots and 2 cap flax oil
Snack - 2 scoop whey and 3 cap fish oil

Calorie was 2096
fat - 95.8 - 40%
sat fat - 30.5
carb - 107.9 - 20%
fiber - 27.9
protein - 212.1 - 40%

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is the video to give you an idea of how I was doing the facepulls. I was by myself so I had to prop the phone up aganst something to record and couldnt really get my hands but basically i was pulling towards my eayswith my elbows out to my sides laterally. The lower on the rope you grab the further you go down and the harder it is. I braided the rope out of some climbing rope and it is about 1.5". A more advanced lifter could easily add a weight vest on to increase resistence

9/22
Todays workout was squats so it was

Back squat 3x3
hyperextension 5x10
hack squats 3x10
and I finshed outside with some sled pushing. I went up and down my drive way back and forth 3 times.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
can't get the video to load in the forum post so just click the link until I figure it out

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
subbed wild man!!!! love the keg strategically placed in the vid!!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed wild man!!!! love the keg strategically placed in the vid!!!!
lol.. yea I picked that up the other day off a guy from craigslist. He used to make his own wine and he gave up the hobby so he had about 12 kegs and I took one off him. Been seeing videos and reading articles about working out with one of those bad boys. I have yet to fill it and try it out. This weekend is soupposed to be a GPP day for me, maybe i'll incorporate it into a circuit and post a video. A buddy of mine has one and lifts with it. Says he gets soaked with water while power cleaning them. Should be fun!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very cool, I like your diet plan. Looks like you are eating spot on and a great ratio in my opinion.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed and thanks for the invite man.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very cool, I like your diet plan. Looks like you are eating spot on and a great ratio in my opinion.
Thanks for the reassurance. I was wondering if my carbs were high enough. I am AP works best with high carb diets but my goal is like a recomp or just fat loss. Not really looking for a cut because i still want to gain muscle mass. Again thanks for the reassurance, glad to know I'm on the right track.

Weight this morning was 196!!! I am gonna post some starting pics and stats latter on.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/23 & 9/24

I worked thursday and friday. Stayed on track with my diet and since I didn't eat any grain carbs and just had fruits and veggies with my meals I stuck with yellow gold mostly taken around my main meals.

A lil Henry Rollins. It is from some special but he says exactly how I feel about the fast food industry.

Really feeling good except for my sleep. I noticed I am having dreams almost every night which means I am getting my REM sleep its just not enough. I had a paper due so I was up late and up early for work so I got about 5-6 hours of sleep. Weight has gotten down to 195!!! I am pretty stoked about it. Hopefully I hold it over the weekend and continue to go down. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I am off work. My father inlaw is taking his boat out of the water soon so we are going to go fishing saturday morning, which should be great, but no sleeping in for me yet. (gotta wait till sunday) He likes to stop at a diner on the way home from fishing so I figured I would pop a AP cap before hand, eat some food then come home and lift. Hopefully I will be having some fish for dinner saturday. Wish us Luck!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Went fishing today. Was really windy so we didn't go too far out, decided to stay closer and try and crab instead. Problem was we inteded to fish not crab so we went crabbing with our fishing poles. It was fun overall.. man those little buggers are smart. As soon as you start to reel in and they feel their legs start to come off the ground they just let go. It sucks because there is nothing that MAKES them stay on the line. Either way it was fun. We managed to catch 4 crabs but throw them back. Wasn't worth trying to cook and eat only 4 crabs. On the way home we stopped at that dinner. I got 3 eggs with bacon and hash browns and 2 slice of toast. Had a couple breadsticks too before the food came. Came home and had originally intended to have a GPP day outside when I got back but I was beat, prolly from a combonation of too little sleep over the past 4 days and then getting up early and fishing all day today. So when I got home I pretty much passed out. Got in a good 3 1/2hr nap. I should have just took my oep and some jack3d and just made myself stay up and work but sleep was just too tempting. After I woke up I took another AP cap and ate some peanut butter on ezikel bread with a scoop of protein powder and decided to do my 531 workout instead of GPP. I over ate alot today and didnt even realize it. It sucks but I ate damn near close to 3k calories. It came to 2856!! 200g protein, 300g carbs, and 112g fat. Man those carbs snuck up on me. If I knew I was gonna end up sleeping after fishing I wouldnt have had any carbs at the diner and saved them for my pre workout meal. End of the day my weight was 197.6 Hopefully the weather is nice tomorow and I can get outside and do some sled sprints hopefully get my weight back down to around where I was by monday.

Anyway today was shoulders for the 531
Standing Military Press x5/x3/x1
Pushups 5x10
DB rows 5x10
Tricep extension 5x10
and I finshed with some battle rope action, maybe like 5mins worth

Now I dont really own battle rope per say so I kinda tried to rig something together. I had some old tow rope and I had the rope I had made so I tried to tie the ends to my weight bench and go at it. They are only about 25ft long (if that much) and not very heavy but it was fun. The one rope was longer then the other so the end of it kept floping all over and getting tangled and I dont think 25ft is really long enough. Didnt have much of a wave through it when I was slamming them and they kept getting tangled with eachother. I recorded it but it was with my phone so the video is real choppy and it doesnt really do justice to how the ropes were moving but here it is..

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome log and videos! I need to try some of those facepulls!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome log and videos! I need to try some of those facepulls!
Glad to have you on board. Do you lift in a commercial gym? Im not sure if they would be cool with you bringing in some rope and trying that. They might cry liablity issue or something. The rope was real easy to make, it is just some 100ft climbing rope from home depot (about $15), you cut it in half and then take the two 50ft pieces and fold them in half and braid them together. I did a 4 strand sinnet braid and it came out great.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/26

Ahhh sunday morning. I finally got to sleep in and get some needed rest. I was feeling good and considering I overate saturday I decided to kill it outside with some GPP work. I set up a little course with 2 dumbells, a keg, 25ft of rope and my sled. I started with hand over hand sled pulling then ran across the yard to where I had the dumbells, grabed them and farmer carried them back across the yard. After getting across I turned around and walked back with the DBs held overhead. When I got back with them I dropped them on the floor and rand to where the keg was. I filled it a little less then half way with water and I power cleaned it until I couldn't anymore. Did this whole circuit 5 times. After this was done I grabbed my tire and flipped it across my yard back and forth and immeadiately followed up with some sledge hammer swings at it. I did that twice and called it a day. Here is a video of how it was setup outside to give you a idea of the distance of everything.

And since it is football sunday here is my motovational quote of today

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
Vince Lombardi
Well tomorow is class. Hopefully my cuircut from today helped me kick those extra lbs I picked up saturday.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to have you on board. Do you lift in a commercial gym? Im not sure if they would be cool with you bringing in some rope and trying that. They might cry liablity issue or something. The rope was real easy to make, it is just some 100ft climbing rope from home depot (about $15), you cut it in half and then take the two 50ft pieces and fold them in half and braid them together. I did a 4 strand sinnet braid and it came out great.
aha nope the gym I train at has a tire flipping section, sledge hammer section, heavy bags, big ropes, chains, pretty much anything that has to do with strong man comps they got it lol

I'm gonna try it out Wednesday:D

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
aha nope the gym I train at has a tire flipping section, sledge hammer section, heavy bags, big ropes, chains, pretty much anything that has to do with strong man comps they got it lol

I'm gonna try it out Wednesday:D
ahhh man I am totally jealous!! I wish there was a gym like that around here. It is part of the reason why i started lifting at home, so I can have more freedom and do what I wanted. Wrap a couple of the chains around you if you feel it is too easy, and the lower you grip the rope the harder it is. Let me know how you like it and if it really does compare to a typical face pull.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice I have always wanted to try out the ropes like that but no gyms near me would anything close to that. Atleast not that I know of.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
194.8!!! Im stoked!! I was worried my weight would be up considering saturdays eating but I guess my sunday circuit helped a lil

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
DAM MAN!!! WHY AM Always the last one!! hahah Nice videos mang!! I always love seeing videos so that way we can see how somebody works out ya know!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAM MAN!!! WHY AM Always the last one!! hahah Nice videos mang!! I always love seeing videos so that way we can see how somebody works out ya know!!
Welcome bruddah!!!! Will you be blessing my logs with any of those amazing pics that are on your PC? You know the ones Im talking about... :naughty:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/27

Had class today. Got a little frustrated with my professer. She decided to bash the atkins diet for being unsafe. She went on to explain the idea of it, using stored fat as energy, but then explained how this "fat energy" can not be used by the brain or spine and that if someone goes without carbs for 7 days their brain activity would considerably slow down and say for example they are driving and need to slam on the brakes, this lack of carbs and thus brain energy would cause a delayed reaction and they could die!! Wow, now this is a little bit of an hyperbole isn't it. Now while I do disagree with the atkins diet I think it is disingenuous at best for her to make these claims and make these exagerations. Now correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the pancreas secreate glucose? And can't this glucose be used by the brain as energy? Isn't this the whole reason why carbs aren't essential and we don't absoultely need them to survive like we do fats and proteins. Thats why we have essential fatty acids and essential aminos because the body can not make its own so we need to eat it but there aren't any essential carbs is there. I wanted to raise my hand and call her on it but I figured eh whatever let me not say anything then to try and argue with my professor. Again maybe I am wrong here and maybe she is right, but I doubt this. Especially since I read the anabolic diet book by Dr. DiPasquale and I am currently reading Paleo Diet by Dr. Cordain and both books site studies where it shows carbs are not needed at all in a diet. Anyway I digress...

So after class I lifted. It was DeadLift day so i did my 531 and then some accessory lifts and then I wrapped it all up with some sled sprints, which by the way I dont think my neighbor approved of very much. After the first set his dog started flipping out and he came outside and stood on his porch, leaning on his rail, sorta staring at me. I was waiting for him to complain but he never did. oh well I was on my property in my driveway so whatever. What I should have done was sprint out of my driveway, cross the street, and keep going to his driveway. I think it would have been funny if I was doing sled sprints back and forth across both of our driveways.

Anyway so I work tomorow and will take a day off from the powerfull. Here is my workout for today

DeadLift - x5/x3/x1
Glute Ham Raise - 5x10
Lunges - 5x10
Hanging Leg Raise - 3x10
Sled Sprints - went up and down my drive way twice as 1 set. I did 4 sets like this

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
haha you got to love those nutty professors!!!! Send that question to Kleen. He is the master at that

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
I'm fairly positive that carbs are not needed but its the type of fuel your body is most conditioned to. . .I'm a huge fan of carb diets. . meaning incorperating carbs into your diet due to teh fact that your metabolism utilizes them for energy the most efficiently. . .extended time periods drop your metobolic rate and honestly your become slow. . .although your pancreas may secreate glucose its not the type of energy that your body wants.. . .why reinvent the wheel. . lets just make it better. . .low car periods are great for IMO 2days 3 days absolute max. . .CARBS are GOOD. . .and provide more benefits that not!! I'm no doctor but am educating myself. . .I don't claim to know everything but a lil bout a lil :22: open for a great discussion :bling:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice man how much r u deadlifting?
My max is around 240 so keeping with the 531 philosphy I stay waay under that. I am no where near what you are dead lifting over there big guy. :bling:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My max is around 240 so keeping with the 531 philosphy I stay waay under that. I am no where near what you are dead lifting over there big guy. :bling:
Haha well I just recently found out it isnt that common to do what I do :happysad:

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Josh,

Just caught up to the point of where I sub'd. Honestly, as someone who has done lower carb diets, I disagree with what your prof. said. A quick google though didn't turn up any studies to prove me right or wrong, so I PM'd AntonG420, who has argued previously on the side of low carb diets, so I am sure he can back it up better than I could.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha you got to love those nutty professors!!!! Send that question to Kleen. He is the master at that
I just hate when in order to prove a point people lie. Why couldn't she just give an honest opinion and reason against it rather then making something up. We have to write a paper on a scientific study that was done from a science jouirnal. The purpose is to gt us used to reading actual studys and interperting them ourselves, so naturally I pick "The metabolic effects of low carb diets".. lol she is going to hate me.

I'm fairly positive that carbs are not needed but its the type of fuel your body is most conditioned to. . .I'm a huge fan of carb diets. . meaning incorperating carbs into your diet due to teh fact that your metabolism utilizes them for energy the most efficiently. . .extended time periods drop your metobolic rate and honestly your become slow. . .although your pancreas may secreate glucose its not the type of energy that your body wants.. . .why reinvent the wheel. . lets just make it better. . .low car periods are great for IMO 2days 3 days absolute max. . .CARBS are GOOD. . .and provide more benefits that not!! I'm no doctor but am educating myself. . .I don't claim to know everything but a lil bout a lil :22: open for a great discussion :bling:
No they are not NEEDED and according to some people not really the perfered energy source it is just whatwe eat the most. I have read where people argue that most dieases today are dieases of society and are a result from societys high carb highly processed food lifestyle. Potatoes for example didn't really enter into our food eating until the late 1500s and even then it was very limited and was considered food for the poor people. Weather you are an evolutionist or creationist this would mean that we have survived without eating potatoes for a very very long time. Either way like I said before I do disagree with atkins diet but I think it is wrong for her to portray it the way she did.

Looks like I am a bit behind, but always happy to follow man. Love your detail. Nice title btw.
Good to have you in here with us bud! Did you ever get around to watching the documentary "Outfoxed"?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So yestarday was work and today is school. I have a quiz so naturally instead of studying I am browsing through AM and catching up with peoples logs.

One thing I noticed yestarday was my hunger!!! And damn I was hungry! All day long it was like I couldn't kick it. I have been really good on my diet with avoiding eating unplanned food. In other words I don't eat food on the spur I only eat food I have planned out for that day because it already fits my dietary requirments I set for myself, and I have been good with firghting off urges really well, except for yestarday. I was at work so food options werent the best so I did eat some not diet friendly food (damn that double chocolate carmel brownie was good!) I am going to bring extra food next time so I have good food to eat incase I get these hunger urges again. I have read before on logs that prime sometimes makes you hungry so I am thinking thats what it is. We will see if I experience the same thing today.

Now I hate when I make excuses for myself. Yestarday I effed up somewhat on my diet and there is no excuse for it. I have to hold myself to a better standard. Just so happens a facebook friend of mine posted this video he found on youtube yestarday and it is incredibily inspriring to say the least. I mean watch it! If this guy can continue to push through despite his situation HOW DARE I make such a petty excuse for myself. MAKE NO EXCUSES!!!!! Nothing can stop you but yourself and he is proof of that.

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results." - Art Turock

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Log looks great buddy!! Seems like everyone here has already commented on the points I was going to which is why I'm so proud to belong to this community!! Awesome to see all that progress!! I'm doing something similar to you right now, in that I'm taking a GH supp prior to working out, and I'm loving it. I just make sure that I don't take in any carbs an hour or more before I work out and nothing during, and most of the time, none after, as that would blunt GH release. Just some food for thought. Keep up the good log and hard work. Gonna give those face pulls a go here later today, looks more fun than plain old cables.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Log looks great buddy!! Seems like everyone here has already commented on the points I was going to which is why I'm so proud to belong to this community!! Awesome to see all that progress!! I'm doing something similar to you right now, in that I'm taking a GH supp prior to working out, and I'm loving it. I just make sure that I don't take in any carbs an hour or more before I work out and nothing during, and most of the time, none after, as that would blunt GH release. Just some food for thought. Keep up the good log and hard work. Gonna give those face pulls a go here later today, looks more fun than plain old cables.
Hmm.. For pre workout I usually have a AP cap then 20mins later I have a whey shake with 1/3cup oatmeal and 3 fish oil caps. Then I wait 1.30 hours then have 2 scoop jacked, 1 cap OEP and 3 caps powerfull. So my pre workout timing is good but post workout i typically pop a AP cap before I do my post workout strength cardio and then immediately after whatever I do I take another shake with whey and oats but no fish oil. So what your suggesting is I completely forgo the oats postworkout and stick with just a whey shake?

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Well, from my experience, and other peoples, seems that carbs during and real close to workouts can limit the amount of fat burned during the workout. If your getting results now, which you are, I wouldn't think there would be any need to change up, I'd finish up your cycle and then you will know exactly what you did and didn't gain from it, versus changing it up and skewing the results. I was just throwing an idea out there about carbs since your taking something to elicit GH release and are on kinda a recomp.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Almost forgot to mention. After my current workouts, it's a shake and then bedtime. So for me, it's easy right now to forgo the carbs post workout. Your timing for carbs pre-workout looks solid though, no need to mess with success there. For future you could try taking in carbs later after your workout, like maybe an hour, that will give you more time to burn through reserves. I'm sure others more knowledgeable can chime in with useful advice about this.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll stop with the postworkout carb and maybe have a tuber with my post meal.

Right now I am debating picking up another bottle of prime. I think I have enough for 2 more weeks left. That will make a total of 4 weeks. I thought it would last longer but guess not. Maybe I'll just wait till week 3 and see how I feel with the prime. Week 3 is soupposed to be the amazing week according to the prime booklet so if it is truely amazing would it be fine to keep it going?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to have you in here with us bud! Did you ever get around to watching the documentary "Outfoxed"?
Thanks for reminding me, I just added it to my netflix instant queue and will watch it tonight. Lot of crazyness going on (PP Sale), so Ive lost my mind on alot of other things.

As for that video, dude is very inspirational. Next time I "can't" I am going to watch that video.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for reminding me, I just added it to my netflix instant queue and will watch it tonight. Lot of crazyness going on (PP Sale), so Ive lost my mind on alot of other things.

As for that video, dude is very inspirational. Next time I "can't" I am going to watch that video.
I was available for instant watch (I have netflix too) but I don't know if it still is

And yea watching him really kicked my ass. If he can despite his situation I have no excuse that is acceptable

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
ok well the conventional wisdom always goes against low/no carb diets. dieticians and doctors are taught using the US food pyramid, which reccomends 5-8 servings of grain daily. to them, high amounts of carbs are essential to good health. these are the same people who pay no attention to gluten concentration, PH levels of food, etc.

first of all, its either low carb or no carb. in no carb, your body enters a state of ketosis. once the liver glycogen stores are depleted, the liver produces ketones that the brain continues to burn..instead of glucose. the energy in this diet comes from fat stores and consumed dietary fat. this is a great diet to drop body fat but not a bodybuilding diet. people who deplete their muscle glycogen through workouts will have a hard time replenishing that glycogen without carbs/glucose. however it is perfectly possible to live in ketosis, just like how our ancestors did before the agricultural revolution. you might not power through 2 workouts a day but if given enough dietary fat, there is research showing that physical endurance wont be affected.

paleo people believe in a low carb approach. low meaning the ceiling is about 150-170 g a day. this gives you many benefits. your insulin sensitivity improves because you are not spiking the insulin and blood sugar throughout the day with super high glycemic carbs. vegetables are extremely low glycemic and fruit has a low glycemic load because of the fiber content, longer time to digest, fructose is processed in the liver, etc. eating fruit/vegetables/red potatoes allows us to replenish muscle glycogen without all the health issues thats associated with grains and processed sugars.

so no carb/keto is a little more difficult to stay with if you lift/train, but there is no research proving that there is any harm. the best is to use low carb (up to 180 grams) and limit the carbs to fruit, veg, red potatoes.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
When I'm cutting carbs, cardio is kept short, HIIT style and I train in the lower rep ranges. I find it's easier to bounce back that way, as I'm not really tapping too much into my glycogen during lifts, and only really hitting it on cardio days. I would agree with the above statement about "Low or no carbs," when used for recomping and such. Every so often though, I'll carb up for a day just to shock the body and keep it guessing, plus, it lets me go harder at it next time I'm in the gym. I'm not talking overboard here, just some sensible carbs timed around my schedule for that day. It doesn't concern me if I don't lose weight for that day, because I know it's not enough to plateau me. Besides, I don't need to weigh myself everyday, I can pretty much tell by this point what's going on.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so no carb/keto is a little more difficult to stay with if you lift/train, but there is no research proving that there is any harm. the best is to use low carb (up to 180 grams) and limit the carbs to fruit, veg, red potatoes.
Thanks for responding bro. Knew you were the man for it. Question though, by mentioning specifically red, are you suggesting to avoid sweet potatoes? I absolutely love them, and all I have seen about them is that they are a smart choice. Any reason to limit intake?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for responding bro. Knew you were the man for it. Question though, by mentioning specifically red, are you suggesting to avoid sweet potatoes? I absolutely love them, and all I have seen about them is that they are a smart choice. Any reason to limit intake?
no sweet potatoes are good. sweet potatoes actually have a lower GI. red potatoes are less starchy than white, they are more waxier. sincei its a borderline paleo food, its best to choose the most compatible to your body potato. so yeah stick to sweet and red.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no sweet potatoes are good. sweet potatoes actually have a lower GI. red potatoes are less starchy than white, they are more waxier. sincei its a borderline paleo food, its best to choose the most compatible to your body potato. so yeah stick to sweet and red.
Cool thats what I was hoping to hear, thanks bro.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea I read mixed views on tubers and paleo. How do you feel about oats? Or basmati rice or quiona herb?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/29

Had my quiz today, which I think I did fairly well on. I decided to just buy another bottle of prime and extend this. I counted my left over prime caps today and if I pick up anoter bottle and continue with the 69 protocol I should be able to about 4 more weeks which would make my total 6 weeks on prime. My OEP, AP, Jack3d, and powerful should last till then. If my powerful runs out I have some 1-carboxy I can take afterwards. Not sure if it is just as good or not. I am also toying with the idea of adding in some ephedera into the mix to aide with the fat loss and also help kill the hunger cravings I been getting recently. If I do it will be very minimal like say 25 grams a day split into 2 servings taking a couple hours after the OEP, but im still not sure.

Anyway today was bench so workout was

Bench x5/x3/x1
DB Incline 5x10
Face pulls with my rope 5x10
kettlebell complex done twice

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Yea I read mixed views on tubers and paleo. How do you feel about oats? Or basmati rice or quiona herb?
oats are no good in my opinion. there is very little gluten but they are highly acidic like all grains. you also dont want to eat so much insoluble fiber. ive mentioned it before, you want naturally flowing digestion cycles....not a sped up process because you are eating a ton of insoluble fiber. going once a day > more than once a day because frequent cycles empty out good intestine bacteria. scientists say that the fiber twigs literally scrape the intestines forcing some kind of mucus to be released to lubricate and ease the damage. thats why you only need the fiber thats in fruits/vegetables. if you eat enough vegetables there wont be any constipation issues.

basmati rice is good. i know rodja eats it post workout. the acidity is much lower than other kinds of rice. you can google the PRAL score of food, that will give you an idea how acidic or alkaline the food is.

quinoa i have no experience with. im not sure if its sprouted or not which would make a difference in its anti-nutrient content.

dont eat ephedrine. that sh#t is too harsh on the body/heart. if you wanna lose fat, put yourself in keto and do less martial arts. use weekends for re-carbing. let me know what else you need to know