JudoJosh is "Moving North of Vag" with USPlabs at his back

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So yestarday I woke up feeling like death. I was up late doing homework and got only about 5 hours sleep tops. Also my wife was feeling under the weather the day before (throwing up) so I dunno if she is sick and got me sick. So I went to class anyway, turned in my work and when I came home I went in the bathroom and tried this make **** sauna idea out. My nternal temp went up to 99.6 while in the steam (according to the thermonitor). I also took 4 caps of zinc and some vitamin C and for breakfeast I had a bunch of berries (black berries, strawberries, and blue berries) hoping to get in some antioxidents and vitamins to help boost me up. I then took about a 4 hour power nap and woke up feeling like a million bucks!!! So as a treat I did away with my no fruit in the PM rule and made me this custard like snack. I used 3 bananas, a cup of almond milk, and 3 eggs. Just beat it all together, pour into cups, sprinkle cinamon ontop and then bake. Was a good lil treat. Sucks I was soupposed to start boxing estarday but ended up missing cuz I was sleeping. Anyway today I work and tomorow I have class. After class I am going to squat, eat some fruit, then go box. Should be a fun day!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
forgot to put the pic of my custard.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is def a special place in my pants for slutty girls lol.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Ooooo Yeeaaa!!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get better judo. . .just catching up with the log man!! TIme for some BOOOTAAEE!! hahah That should make ya feel betta!

[/ATTACH]
The second girl gives me a tingling sensation in my pants. Damn DAA!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick update from work....

I got up this morning and got on the scale and this is what I saw... I am extremely excited about it. I have about a week left of prime and then I am going to deload. I have been at a calorie deficit for the past 2 weeks since I havent been doing my strength cardio after my workouts. I feel myself slipping back towards "vag land" I am going to try and kill it for this last week and go all out. Stop being comfortable with my workouts and really kick it up some. But still I am very pleased with my weight this morning and with the overall stack all together

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
JJ do prime make u hungry?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JJ do prime make u hungry?
It did, I forget what week it was in exactly but it definetely did but not so much now. I think the OEP + ephedera helps supress my hunger for the most part.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another thing I have been eating lately is microwaved banana with cinnamon on it.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another thing I have been eating lately is microwaved banana with cinnamon on it.
damn you love your bananas huh.. I gotta try this one too. Did you see my banana custard recipe up there? It was pretty damn good for having no sugar, flour, or milk

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
damn you love your bananas huh.. I gotta try this one too. Did you see my banana custard recipe up there? It was pretty damn good for having no sugar, flour, or milk
Bananas, apples, sweet potatoes, and raspberries.

That does sound interesting will have to try it sometime.:cheers:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bananas, apples, sweet potatoes, and raspberries.

That does sound interesting will have to try it sometime.:cheers:
you should start a recipe thread

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yo man sorry i didnt respond to your message on the other site. Paleo for athletes is a good book but there isnt much new information. it talks about our evolution into a paleolithic body and why the diet makes sense. there are also stories about how tribes today hunt/rest and how all that applies to us. the athlete part of the book is geared towards an endurance athlete. they are saying that if you training nonstop like a pro athlete, you need non paleo foods like dextrose/maltodextrin and other quick glycogen replenishment sources. the rest of the time outside the training window they suggest sticking to strictly paleo foods. since none of us are endurance athletes, we probably dont completely deplete glycogen and can get away with just some potatoes and alkaline rice.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would love a recipe thread (I cook OFTEN), but everytime someone starts one up, it dies pretty quickly.
I LOVE cooking as well. I am usually the one who cooks dinner in the house as I am the one who wants to eat a certain way (paleo). I even grocery shop, if I leave it to my wife she comes home with frozen pizzas and pop tarts. I have no problem starting up a cookbook thread but it is going to be geared toward a low carb/ paleo type foods. I'll gather some recipes together and start one up

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tomorow is my last day of Prime and powerfull :( I still have some OEP for a few more days and then Im done. Overall I think it went well. I was recently asked on the effectiveness of prime in regards to strength gains. While I didn't really notice any real big gains in strength I did however steadily loose weight and was eating a calorie deficit diet and didn't loose any strength at all. I think this says something about the stack. What I really noticed and enjoyed was the feeling of OEP, jack3d and powerfull together pre workout. As I said before Iwasnt too impressed with jack3d the first time I took it but when taken together the mental clarity, energy, drive, and focus are through the roof. I really like the combo pre workout. Anabolic pump pretty much speaks for itself. I can't really comment on the effectiveness as a nutrient partionear but I did feel my muscles fuller and I rarely ever felt bloated after my carb meals. Where I think AP really shines is during the fasted training protocol.

All and all it was fun... thanks for everyone who stuck around with me though it. New log should be up in a couple days.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yo man sorry i didnt respond to your message on the other site. Paleo for athletes is a good book but there isnt much new information. it talks about our evolution into a paleolithic body and why the diet makes sense. there are also stories about how tribes today hunt/rest and how all that applies to us. the athlete part of the book is geared towards an endurance athlete. they are saying that if you training nonstop like a pro athlete, you need non paleo foods like dextrose/maltodextrin and other quick glycogen replenishment sources. the rest of the time outside the training window they suggest sticking to strictly paleo foods. since none of us are endurance athletes, we probably dont completely deplete glycogen and can get away with just some potatoes and alkaline rice.
No prob bud I am on here more frequently anyway. I currently have the regular paleo diet book by cordain and was just wondering if the paleo for athlethes was really any different? Did it offer any more insight into how the diet of an athlethe should be other than eat more fruit and more overall calories? I am currently getting back into judo and taking up boxing so would this qualify as an endurance athlethe? I imagine a couple rounds of boxing and judo would deplete glycogen sources pretty good. I was just planning on just eating a banana witha shake afterwards, would this be sufficient?

Thanks for that primal link.. I like his view of paleo a little better than corrdains. Do you have his primal book?

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
No prob bud I am on here more frequently anyway. I currently have the regular paleo diet book by cordain and was just wondering if the paleo for athlethes was really any different? Did it offer any more insight into how the diet of an athlethe should be other than eat more fruit and more overall calories? I am currently getting back into judo and taking up boxing so would this qualify as an endurance athlethe? I imagine a couple rounds of boxing and judo would deplete glycogen sources pretty good. I was just planning on just eating a banana witha shake afterwards, would this be sufficient?

Thanks for that primal link.. I like his view of paleo a little better than corrdains. Do you have his primal book?
that book just stressed replenishing glycogen so according to them, things like liquid carbs are needed for someone training extremely hard. boxing/judo wouldnt qualify as endurance athlete, running 100 miles a week is probably more like it. i do muay thai/jiu jitsu and i never need liquid carbs. red potatoes and fruit have done the trick for me.

nah i dont have Mark's book, i figured most of the info is already available on the website.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that book just stressed replenishing glycogen so according to them, things like liquid carbs are needed for someone training extremely hard. boxing/judo wouldnt qualify as endurance athlete, running 100 miles a week is probably more like it. i do muay thai/jiu jitsu and i never need liquid carbs. red potatoes and fruit have done the trick for me.

nah i dont have Mark's book, i figured most of the info is already available on the website.
yea I figured the same thing too. I really like Marks view of the paleo diet but I think he stresses too much "mimic a caveman" concept. I havent really read too much into his workout philosphoy but I don't think I agree too much with it. Sounds good in theory but life has stress, and workout based upon a designed program works. He seems more along the lines of a crossfitter type. Not that there is anything wrong with crossfit I just don't think it is the best way to go personally. Way too much emphasis on too many olympic lifts and I favor structured workouts better.

How do you lift? Bodybuilder, strongman/GPP, crossfit, athletic?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yea I figured the same thing too. I really like Marks view of the paleo diet but I think he stresses too much "mimic a caveman" concept. I havent really read too much into his workout philosphoy but I don't think I agree too much with it. Sounds good in theory but life has stress, and workout based upon a designed program works. He seems more along the lines of a crossfitter type. Not that there is anything wrong with crossfit I just don't think it is the best way to go personally. Way too much emphasis on too many olympic lifts and I favor structured workouts better.

How do you lift? Bodybuilder, strongman/GPP, crossfit, athletic?
I dont really lift much. most of my training is BJJ and muay thai with a little boxing. i get more out of mma than the gym. this summer I did a solid 5x5 program and got much stronger but i just have so much more fun training mma. these days if i go to the gym ill do a full body with no rest periods, some heavy weighed neck bridges, foam roll and call it a day.

Mark does believe if doing crossfit over other things like heavy resistance training. He is also 50 something years old and doesnt care about kicking someones face in or benching 500 pounds. he believes in being in good shape and having a low b/f. crossfit is good for general fitness. he does raise a good point that lifting weights constantly releases a sh#t ton of free radicals. no matter how many antioxidants we take there is still damage being done on one level or another. thats why he suggests to mix your training up. a caveman would move rocks one day and chase animals the next day, it wasnt a lifetime of pushing and pulling heavy objects. thats why a normal human physique isnt 5'10 260 lbs. it requires too much food to be that big and you lose flexibility, dexterity, speed. all things you would need to survive in a paleo world.

either way you look at fitness and lifting, that website has tons of good info. very specific nutritional information, thousands of paleo recipes, articles on how the body works etc. people on those boards are a little too soft/not into doing manly sh#t so I come here. its awesome that people here are finally trying paleo, instead of eating 4 cups of oats and a loaf of bread everyday. it really feels great to not eat gluten and all that crap.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight Update!!!!!

As you can see below the OEP is still doing its thing. I ran out of ephedera a couple days ago and since I didnt have much left of the OEP I didn't get any more and figured I will just deal with the nasal drip and honestly it hasn't been as bad as it was before. So I don't know if I would have never taken the ephedera if it would have just passed on its own or if it is going to come back but whatever. I have about 5 days left I think and after that I will post my final weight and final thoughts of this run. Being this is my deload week I am gonna take it easy in the gym, 60% and do alot of foam rolling and stretching and try to hit the sauna twice and get some of those benefits silentbob was talking about

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i can only keep up with one log bro, attention span is of a 10 year old

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So today is my last day of OEP :( So I will be writing a final review of the stack and ending the log later on tonight or tomorow after class. I will post up a after picture but I never took a before one so don't know how much insight it could really offer. My weight this morning was still 185lbs despite all the candy I ate yestarday (damn holidays!!!).

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i can only keep up with one log bro, attention span is of a 10 year old
No prob bud... this one is about done anyway. Have you checked out my new log? It is an epi pulse.. not sure how you feel about PHs since your a fellow primal person. I know if I were to try and post my epi log on Marks forum I would get attacked from everyone.

Come check out my new log if you havent yet bud...